• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Calvary ep.9
Ok, that was pretty intense both in the cabin and the battle outside. Student Council pres. is a beast.

That scene with Ikki and Stella was so anime. There's no way a guy would say no right there, lol.

Should be interesting watching imouto vs. Pres. next week. Go figure that was her draw.

ibyea

Banned
One Punch Man: 3
I just love the way they presented this guy who is super powerful and then the episode culminates with the guy being dispatched with just one punch.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Noragami Aragoto episode 4

This was a good ass episode ya'll, tension and high stakes all over the place.

Lupin Part IV is the only acceptable vote for AOTY. :p

Did anybody see episode nine? Aired on NTV last Thursday. A Goemon focussed episode with some great shots and scenes. A lot more brutal than the usual Lupin affair, too.

Lupin Part IV is the only acceptable vote for AOTY. :p

Did anybody see episode nine? Aired on NTV last Thursday. A Goemon focussed episode with some great shots and scenes. A lot more brutal than the usual Lupin affair, too.

Few people are watching it, since it didn't get picked up for simulcast, and the few who did watch it ended up dropping it (MetroidPrimeRib).

Cornbread78

Haikyuu deserves to be AOTY and probably won't. Sigh.

Unfortunately, it's going to be Shirabako or OPM. Uggh.. Probably OPM because the masses get to vote and it will be fresh on everyone's mind going into voting. Shirobako is too anime to get all the casual votes that OPM will get.

Asterix ep.9
Uggh, severely giving an advantage to Arlequint school for the entire tourney is just utter BS and makes me not want to watch the rest of the svhool. It's just a stupid plot device for the tourney and annoying as hell.

Week 9 winner is Calvary by a landslide, screw this crap.

Shouta

Hardly a surprise from a super honourable guy like Ikki. And I guess being a secret relationship with a foreign princess plays a part in that.

Its kind of interesting to see how with Failed Knight they are quite happy to more or less skip all the fighting tournament scenes and focus on other stuff. Which seems pretty unusual for a magic fighting school anime. Which I'm fine with as I'm never really interested in those scenes unless they tell us something important about a persons character.

Pretty much yeah. Basically, Asterisk focuses on the fights and the tournament, while Cavalry is the opposite. The latter is my favourite of the two because of that. Also, Asterisk is incredibly cheesy. The whole "pat my head" thing this week made me cringe so hard.

Utawarerumono 09

So basically all Kuon does on her days off is eat.

It's kind of the opposite though, lol. Rakudai has had way more fights so far. In fact, the tournament just started in Asterisk while they've gone through 12 rounds in Rakudai already. Ayato's had like 2 real fights and a bunch of mooks while Ikki has had 4 actual fights and a bunch of misc ones.

Few people are watching it, since it didn't get picked up for simulcast, and the few who did watch it ended up dropping it (MetroidPrimeRib).

Shame. It's great! They have touched up some of the animation since the Italian broadcast. I'm really enjoying it so far. Episodes 9, 8 and 2 have been the highlights for me. I think I've enjoyed every episode, with probably 1 and 5 being my least favourites. 8 and 9 were excellent though - I hope it keeps it up for the rest of the show.

It's been a good blend of green and red jacket Lupin so far. Not as good as either, but still an incredibly strong entry in the franchise.

Just in case you guys didn't know, Japan is only airing 24 episodes, while Italy will air 26. The other two episodes are DVD exclusive in Japan. It's very crafty.

Clov

I'm watching Lupin too! Honestly, it's not bad... but it's definitely not my favorite Lupin. Guess I'm more of a green jacket fan. :p

It's kind of the opposite though, lol. Rakudai has had way more fights so far. In fact, the tournament just started in Asterisk while they've gone through 12 rounds in Rakudai already. Ayato's had like 2 real fights and a bunch of mooks while Ikki has had 4 actual fights and a bunch of misc ones.

But I don't think you can really say that Cavalry has put a huge focus on the tournaments still. Asterisk's episodes have all been building up to this Festa event

javac

Never seen Lupin, but was told by somebody that I'd like it since I liked Cobra, is there a correlation between the two? The problem is, where does one even begin? I commented on how I wanted to watch 'The Woman Called Fujiko Mine' on the basis that I thought that it looked nice visually a while back, how I usually decide to watch a shows or movies mind you, I don't keep up with current shows (2012 is current to me I guess...) so that's all I have to go on and all of a sudden I became a fool of sorts! Laughed straight out of here. I'll watch Cagliostro at one point, I mean the BD remains sealed on my shelf after all...taunting me. On the to do list!

Cornbread78

I have not seen From the New World.

Wait, I haven't seen Humanity Has Declined either.

I get those two mixed up, lol

Not even close, lol.

If there is enough peeps, we'll do it as our next Let's Watch starting Tues. so I'm gaging interest.

Utawarerumono ep.9

That forbidden love could never work out, poor chicken-bird lol. Interesting episode (but slightly uneventful) looks like they are still building up Kouen's character as well as more world building from them being representatives from another nation. Also, more hints at a more serious Haku x Kouen ship incoming. They are doing a good job at fleshing out the world, but they need to move towards a plot at some point, even if the show is 2 cours.

Shouta

But I don't think you can really say that Cavalry has put a huge focus on the tournaments still. Asterisk's episodes have all been building up to this Festa event

But it has. From the get go the entire point of the show was for Ikki to get through the tournament so he can graduate. Granted, it's still just the qualifying round for the big show but it's been tournament mode for a bunch of episodes now. He's fought the archer, Ayase, & Sword Eater (though in a non-tourney match) so far. He had that short fight against the student council member too. They've gone off onto some tangents but for the most part, it's within the scope of the tournament.

Asterisk's tournament has been talked about for awhile but most of the show was just building its characters and the setting. There's been a bit of rivalry and team building so far but there hasn't been much fighting at all other than Ayato vs Kirin and the puppetmaster episode.

Narag

Never seen Lupin, but was told by somebody that I'd like it since I liked Cobra, is there a correlation between the two? The problem is, where does one even begin? I commented on how I wanted to watch 'The Woman Called Fujiko Mine' on the basis that I thought that it looked nice visually a while back, how I usually decide to watch a shows or movies mind you, I don't keep up with current shows (2012 is current to me I guess...) so that's all I have to go on and all of a sudden I became a fool of sorts! Laughed straight out of here. I'll watch Cagliostro at one point, I mean the BD remains sealed on my shelf after all...taunting me. On the to do list!

You'd probably enjoy the first series. It also gives you the basis of the character archetypes (which you can just sort of pick up anyhow but hey that's not as fun) then just watch whatever after since continuity isn't much of a thing.

kewlmyc

Osomatsu-san 07

2ihxIxT.png

Oh god, this whole Starbucks episode, I can't handle it. This feels like something I'd see on freaking Ed, Edd, n' Eddy. Haven't laughed this hard at an anime since Nichijio/Nichibros.

javac

You'd probably enjoy the first series. It also gives you the basis of the character archetypes (which you can just sort of pick up anyhow but hey that's not as fun) then just watch whatever after since continuity isn't much of a thing.

I'll give it a look when I get the chance. I don't know if I'm one to pick and choose episodes and series tho and as such the large amount of them (both episodes and series) might overwhelm me. Having said that its not a show or series that I'd marathon through so an episode or two here and there when I'm bored would be fine.

Also while you're here, you get through them Ghibli films? :)

javac

Life's been busy so sadly not.

Tell me about it, I think I have insomnia, in fact I'm sure of it but since it's not diagnosed I won't make it fact. Always had trouble sleeping and its getting really bad as of late. Falling asleep at uni :( And as such, not watched anything since Pong Pong. I did promise to check out Euphonium some day...

Jesus had to go all of the way to winter 2014 to find 10 shows I enjoyed in the whole year. This isn't even the final order but man, how far does one need to go lol.

One Punch Man
Working!!!
Ushio to Tora
Noragami [S1 and 2 since it aired in winter 2014 I guess]
Rokka no Yuusha
Ore Monogatari
SNAFU
Dungeon Harem
Space Dandy (not sure if this counts).
Space Brothers

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I suppose there is going to be entertainment value in watching people strain to find 10 shows this year they liked that much.

kewlmyc

Jesus had to go all of the way to winter 2014 to find 10 shows I enjoyed in the whole year. This isn't even the final order but man, how far does one need to go lol.

One Punch Man
Working!!!
Ushio to Tora
Noragami [S1 and 2 since it aired in winter 2014 I guess]
Rokka no Yuusha
Ore Monogatari
SNAFU
Dungeon Harem
Space Dandy (not sure if this counts).
Space Brothers

Hmm, yeah this is going to be hard.

One Punch Man
Rokka no Yuusha
SNAFU
Working
Ushio to Tora
Osomatsu-san
GATE
F/SN Unlimited Blade Works
Prison School
Durarara x2

That's in no particular order since I had to remember what aired this year.

Fuck me all I watched and liked that season was Death Parade.

Can we remove the rule to list that we NEED to have 10 anime? I don't wanna give anime that I only liked or basically somewhat enjoyed a spot just to fill up space haha

Squishy3

i can't even find 10 shows that aired in the past year that i watched to completion or near completion, based on my hummingbird feed. it's all stuff i either watched a few episodes of and dropped or never started

in no particular order

ore monogatari
jojo's bizarre adventure egypt arc
fate/stay unlimited blade works
gintama
shirobako
kuroko s3
ushio and tora
one punch man

symphogear gx will be added when i finish it, probably. i'll probably vote for shirobako. oh, forgot opm. guess that's 9 shows for when i include symphogear gx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom