• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Reign: The Conqueror

Steins;Gate.

You really should watch Eccentric Family. Silver Spoon too.

Eccentric Family was a Let's Watch (just updated MAL,lol) Silver Spoon is a potential LW..hhmm.

This one has a "fuck anime, read the manga" ending, doesn't it?

Yuri Kuma Arashi.

Seconding lesbian bears

Lol. Wow.

I'll let the voting continue through the night.

TUSR

Banned
Watch something good like Bikini Warriors.

2kaSFHu.gif

jgminto

I'll let you guys choose my next anime to watch. I don't give a fuck what it is, good, bad, trashy, psychotic or mushy. Just 2cours max..

Come to a consensus...

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cornbread78&status=2

Looking through the list of stuff I've watched that isn't longer than 2 cours and isn't on your list...
Hataraku Maou-sama was a really fun show that you'd probably enjoy. Say "I Love You" was a satisfying romance anime, it's one of the rare anime that had a natural feeling of romance in a social group. I'd consider Beck and Baccano some of the best shows that aired in the last decade or so, they were both shows that hooked me into anime when I got back into it years ago. Then of course, you have stuff like Cowboy Bebop and Trigun that you might have watched already and probably don't need a recommendation but since they're 2 Cours I'll mention them in passing.

This one has a "fuck anime, read the manga" ending, doesn't it?

It's not that the ending is bad, it's just that we didn't get any more of it. Also it's a Light Novel.

Watch something good like Bikini Warriors.

Disgusting...

Crocodile

I'm behind on the latest season of Lupin (I'll probably catch up now) but I've been liking it a lot. Not perfect but a lot of fun.

Maybe I should watch Shirobako and/or that KyoAni music show before the year ends.

Oh wait Gintama. I can add something else to my list once I watch that too.

Yes, you really should watch Shirobako. Show is excellent.

Cornbread78

OMG, that avi, what have you done?

Hataraku Maou-sama was a really fun show that you'd probably enjoy. Say "I Love You"Beck and Baccano Cowboy Bebop and Trigun .

Been meaning to watch that devil show.. I'm still not sure why I stopped watching Say, I Love You after a couple episodes. Was there a shit ton of tears and misunderstandings right away in that one?

No it doesn't. It ends and feels complete with the OVAs. There could be more stories but you aren't left wanting more. Also it has one of the BEST dubs in anime, period. New yooooooooooooooohk accents

Ok, I'll check it out eventually. Oh and Woofy, I work with New Yorkers 5 days a week and I'm a Red Sox fan, nothing in NY is cool and they are all a bunch of clowns.

Majority rules here, I need to go to bed yhough, Tales of Zestiria's water trial pissed me off for the night.

New York is one of the many accent, I just meant it as if someone is supposed to be from a place in the world they'll have that accent. Watch the first episode you'll be hooked. I think it's arguably one of the more loved anime in the West. And if you like Tarantino-like timelines, even better.

jgminto

Been meaning to watch that devil show.. I'm still not sure why I stopped watching Say, I Love You after a couple episodes. Was there a shit ton of tears and misunderstandings right away in that one?
It's been a while since I've watched it. There were misunderstandings but I don't remember how significant they were compared to other shoujo romances, it's a fairly common trope. I'd recommend giving it another shot at least, it's only 13 episodes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
  1. Wake Up, Girl Zoo!
  2. Wake Up, Girl Zoo!
  3. Wake Up, Girl Zoo!
  4. Wake Up, Girl Zoo!
  5. Wake Up, Girl Zoo!
  6. Wake Up, Girl Zoo!
  7. Wake Up, Girl Zoo!
  8. Wake Up, Girl Zoo!
  9. Wake Up, Girl Zoo!
  10. Fushigi na Somera-chan

VRMN

It's been a while since I've watched it. There were misunderstandings but I don't remember how significant they were compared to other shoujo romances, it's a fairly common trope. I'd recommend giving it another shot at least, it's only 13 episodes.

I thought it was pretty light on that stuff compared to most series of its nature. It's by far my favorite shoujo romance ever; I felt they earned most of their drama and the relationship felt real to me in a way that most of those series fail to accomplish. I loved the main heroine and the main guy was actually not a drag on the series. I thought it got the fears and trepidation of a first relationship with a more experienced partner down pretty well.

I probably give the show more credit than it actually deserves (a sin I am also guilty of with Clannad), but I feel it's definitely recommendable.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I just caught up with noragami aragoto, and the latest episode is episode 9 of all fucking episodes.

So basically my life is suffering

Ascheroth

We talking AOTY lists?

Here's mine, in order:

Fafner Exodus
Soma
One Punch Man
Gintama
Stardust Crusaders
Death Parade
SNAFU 2
Kekkai Sensen
Sidonia 2
Ushio to Tora

sonicmj1

Ten shows... let's see...

Shirobako
Euphonium
One Punch Man
Wakakozake
Jojo
Gundam
Yuri Kuma Arashi
... Blood Blockade Battlefront?
... Working!!!?
... Hackadoll?

The bottom of that list isn't very exciting.

*looks at the various lists*

excuse-me-bish.gif

Oh yeah, Snafu is great.

I'm sure people can totally respect that opinion.

You know, provided they're the type of people to get angry over a best girl poll.

It's fine. I'm just salt.

Just pure salt.

phaze

Yes, yes, good, let the hatred run through you.
;_;

To think I started out being cautiously optimistic about those kids...

"Oh they'll just play their part in establishing Eureka."

*40+ episodes later*

"MAMA! WAAH!"

I knew I was in for the suffering the moment they hitched the ride but the placement and heaviness of this particular bit was just so ... baffling that it actually made me laugh.

I'll let you guys choose my next anime to watch. I don't give a fuck what it is, good, bad, trashy, psychotic or mushy. Just 2cours max..

Come to a consensus...

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cornbread78&status=2

I'm going to parrot Nintendoman here and say Steins;Gate. Given how much you like and want romance, I think you'll really enjoy it, especially the last parts.

pbayne

So top ten just counting stuff that finished this year, so no Haykuu, Gintama, Ushio or Gundam etc. No real order.

JoJo
Shirobako
Kuroko
Yona of the dawn
Garo season 1
Hibike
I cant understand what my husband is saying
Non Non Biyori
School live
Gatchaman Insight

The only current season show that I might include would be Rabbit cafe or One Punch Man

Year in summary: Too much light novel, not enough shoujo

Sölf;187146357 said:
Why don't you guys have more skeleton love? Where is my Overlord in those lists?

Because we're making lists of the best anime

Edit: tbh I'm more suprised about the lack of Rokka. I wasn't the biggest fan but it seemed that a bunch of people liked it.

phaze

What would you vote for if I gave you this?

http://waa.ai/v7jk

There is an Elfen Lied ova ?

I know I shouldn't

but I probably will ...
-----------------

Vague order that is yet, subject to change.

Owarimonogatari
Arise
OPM
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Noragami
Shirobako
FSN:UBW
Jojo
Eupho
Soma

Somera-chan 01-06
Had a few laughs but Teekyu, which is pretty much my only point of comparison for shows like this, felt much better in this regard.

Hibike
Umaru
JoJo
Non Non Biyori
Soma
Wakako Zake
Ninja Slayer
Danmachi
OPM
Gundam IBO

My list would probably look like this when I consider the shows that I actually enjoyed, one of the bolded will probably be my AOTY. So little space to mention all the good shorts though, Somera, Teekyu, Miss Monochrome, Monster Strike and Hackadoll are great.

Pillow Boys will always be my secret AOTY

Sölf;187146495 said:
My oppinion of you just plummeted to a very deep place. Bruh! :(

One day it will plummet so deep I'll turn into a skeleton myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom