• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perhaps they realized that K offered nothing of substance outside of the animation and music and needed to ramp up the fanservice to keep people interested.

1. You have no idea of how crazy the situations some of Black Jack's patients get into are.

Early on in the 2004 TV show, a kid ends up with a needle in his bloodstream and Black Jack has to get it out before it gets to his heart.

2. Black Jack's philosophy is that his prices are nothing compared to the cost of a life. Whatever amount he says to pay, you better be willing to pay that amount.

3. That's the thing with Black Jack. A lot of people don't trust him. In fact, in the 2004 TV series, he's actually an unlicensed doctor with a bad reputation because of his prices! People only go to him as an absolute last resort, but all they care about at that point is just saving themselves or their loved ones.

Ah that's nice to hear, I guess I just have to wait for some episodes that have a better setting, I can see the potential but I didn't think this particular case made a bunch of sense outside of exposition.

I love his character though, he has a lot of stuff going for him.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Bakemonogatari 13-15

Well this was as good as people said, really loved how different it was from most of the anime I watch, with most of the conflict management and episodes being either dialogue or monologue between Koyomi Araragi and the girls/Oshino or him thinking.

The artstyle is incredible and without much noise, just clean and only having the essential things.
The different stories was intriguing and even though every arc was small all of them had a nice sense of finale at the end and often with some kind of development for Koyomi as an character in what he learned from his experiences.

Also <3 Senjougahara.

Ah that's nice to hear, I guess I just have to wait for some episodes that have a better setting, I can see the potential but I didn't think this particular case made a bunch of sense outside of exposition.

I really hope Young Black Jack gets more people to watch the 2004 TV Series. It's one of my personal favourite shows that is sadly overlooked by a lot of people.

I loved the episodic format it had. There were so many interesting scenarios.

One time Black Jack has to operate on a young boy in a hospital that gets taken over by criminals, one time he's taken hostage by criminals and stranded on a boat, and one time he's stranded in the wilderness with a disease in him and has to do surgery on himself!

Heavy Object 1
This is a pretty impractical universe. The objects don't particularly look like something that outclasses most modern technology several times over especially with how slow they seem to move. The characters seem kind of bland too. It seems like the point of this show is supposed to be some sort of message about war but, it doesn't seem the most sensical

I really hope Young Black Jack gets more people to watch the 2004 TV Series. It's one of my personal favourite shows that is sadly overlooked by a lot of people.

I loved the episodic format it had. There were so many interesting scenarios.

One time Black Jack has to operate on a young boy in a hospital that gets taken over by criminals, one time he's taken hostage by criminals and stranded on a boat, and one time he's stranded in the wilderness with a disease in him and has to do surgery on himself!

I'll probably will, something like that is right up my alley

Sölf

Hibike! Euphonium 09-10
Durama! D:
But damn, this show really improved. It's much better now (and I still don't know why). Asuka still best girl and doesn't get enough screentime. :(
So 3 more episodes to go. No idea if I will finish this today.

I'll probably will, something like that is right up my alley

Keep in mind though that the 2004 TV series has his sidekick Pinoko, who'll probably take some getting used to.

I didn't hate or even dislike her, but that's usually why some people don't want to get into the TV series. But once you really get into the show, there's just so many good stories in there.

Lupin the 3rd (2015) 01

That was pretty good, the show is very gorgeous. Lupin is such a lovable goofy character.

OP and ED are great. The OST used is on point too. Looking forward for more episodes.

Keep in mind though that the 2004 TV series has his sidekick Pinoko, who'll probably take some getting used to.

I didn't hate or even dislike her, but that's usually why some people don't want to get into the TV series. But once you really get into the show, there's just so many good stories in there.

I googled her and got this.

h9qC1pg.jpg

Please tell me this is real.

Asterisk War following Sky Wizards Academy and will hopefully at least be better than Magical Warfare, I hope.

They should have just made more Mahouka Koukou.

I can't really compare them, but Asterisk is actually okay and if I remember properly, we shouldn't get too much fanservice from here on out.
Mahouka was just a letdown......the anime did not give the LN any justice at all.....

Sölf

And I still haven't seen anything from Monogatari. I don't even know if that whole thing is comedy or something serious.

[Young Black Jack] - 01

The accident was bullshit.
The operation with fancy needle & thread moves, just made me remember the news about doctors being prohibted from taking selfies in hospitals, c'mon you don't need the fancy moves.

pbayne

Really productive weekend for me. Want to clean up the backlog before the new season really starts.

Finished Danganronpa

Meh. A bullet points version of the game really. Only for fans.

GiTS: Arise 1 & 2

Not a fan of Kusanagi's Akira red jacket and bike. Also in the dub she speaks to a character voiced by the original VA so that is kind of weird to get used to. Tons of action so far which again I never usually associate with GiTS, no where near as much philosophical debates going on. Its good so far for what it is but I dunno it dosen't really feel like part of the franchise.

Finally Genshiken Nidaime 1

Yep loved season 1 and 2 so probably gonna love this too. Pissed myself when they called themselves a full blown fujoshi circle.

Holy mother of god!

That Kizu PV! Best thing ever. Anime is over after Kizu.

Is like Half-Life 3 is a thing and fucking destroys all expections.

VRMN

Lupin the Third (2015) 01

If the presence of an OP made for an anime of the year contender by itself, I think Lupin the Third would have locked it up the second they made the call to remix the original opening.

The first episode was really solid; kind of classic Lupin with double crosses, Fujiko getting jealous and then playing Lupin like a fiddle, an interesting twist near the end spicing things up, Lupin being Lupin, and absolutely fantastic animation. I've also gotten used to Miyuki Sawashiro as Fujiko; the casting change did kind of throw me in The Woman Called Fujiko Mine.

I also hope the new girl, Rebecca, is recurring (and I suspect she will be); her being able to match Lupin in sheer running away ability was impressive to watch. I'm glad we get a full two cour of this even if that means I DQ it from my 2015 anime of the year list.

Dennis

Banned
Hey friends, what is good to watch right now?

Currently watching Dragon Ball Super and some other anime about a god who wants to be the number 1 god in Japan but I forget the name.

Phatmac

Don't worry guys I guess they'll add in some extra scenes that aren't from the book to make it better. It'll probably be 10+ minutes in the bath tub with Araragi and his sisters again. ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Currently watching Dragon Ball Super and some other anime about a god who wants to be the number 1 god in Japan but I forget the name.

Noragami? Anyhow, this season is just starting so we don't really know. You could watch Young Black Jack now and come back in a few days to see if the shows that air tomorrow delivered.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Funky but not that great compared to the others.

Dennis

Banned
I can see that Owarimonogatari is starting and is apparently a sequel (?) to Bakemonogatari.

Is this worth getting into, starting with the first series?

jorgejjvr

Any new shows coming soon that are new and worth watching? On crunchy roll

The last two that I saw, which I loved are your lie in April, and Parasyte, any new recommendations?

Haven't really watched anything else new for the entirety of 2015, so I guess they don't have to be upcoming.

Kinda would like to start watching something on my crunchy roll

phaze

^ Oo It's a chronological prequel too Bake too ?
lol what no

nnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My understanding is that it's about the same length. I have no fucking clue why Shaft is doing this other than $.

As if there is ever a better reason ! Maybe, we'll get a full 1-1 adaptation and they won't even skip a single dialogue line. ;P

I can see that Owarimonogatari is starting and is apparently a sequel (?) to Bakemonogatari.

Is this worth getting into, starting with the first series?

It's a very weird series. Dialogue lines upon dialogue lines and topped with more dialogue + hefty amounts of fanservice. Your mileage will vary.

Edit: Most of characters in those shots look as if they turned Gear 2nd on.

Wait a week or two and we will be able to answer. We are just in the middle of the transition between Summer season and Fall season. In the following days we will have the first episodes of several series.

Looking at the OP all the shows look like they are for 8-year old girls.

Am I being trolled?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom