• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Murder Princess 1

So, through a series of revolts and body switching, a bounty hunter/killer becomes the princess and de facto ruler of the kingdom. I like this premise. Very bloody, and everyone freaking out over the princess kicking ass (how is that body so fit?) with her two monstrous looking companions is sure to be great. Falis knows how to take advantage of a situation. Princess Alita herself probably shouldn't be looking up to someone like her as a role model, though I guess it's understandable given her circumstances.

Jarmel

Banned
So either Shaft is going full Peter Jackson or the producers are splitting one film into three for $ purposes.

Not really excited about either scenario.

FiveOVER

Neo Member
Heavy Object 1
This is a pretty impractical universe. The objects don't particularly look like something that outclasses most modern technology several times over especially with how slow they seem to move. The characters seem kind of bland too. It seems like the point of this show is supposed to be some sort of message about war but, it doesn't seem the most sensical

http://i.imgur.com/qU1Fmis.jpg

The top speed of the Baby Magnum is 530 km/h. Whether the anime will properly portray that speed is another matter though.

blurr

Just saw the PV, giving me different vibes from how the show usually is, kind of gritty, interesting. Definitely looks promising.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk* (From here on known as Not Star Wars) 01

The show tries really hard to not be Star Wars set in japan with high school students with this description

The Academy City on the water, Rikka (otherwise known as Asterisk) is the world's largest stage for the integrated battle entertainment, "Star Wars Festival." The young boys and girls of the "Starpulse Generation" belonging to the six academies made their wishes with Shining Armaments in their hands, vying for supremacy—Amagiri Ayato is one of them.

Ayato arrived at Rikka at the invitation of the Student Council President of the Seidoukan Academy, Claudia, and right after that he incurred the wrath of the "Petalblaze Witch" Julis, and ended up having to duel her.

The greatest academy battle entertainment, begins here!

And by having the beginning of the episode be two people fighting, both with swords that are made out of light/energy that make SWOOSH PEW WHOO WHOO noises ala lightsabers. And then the rest of the episode is traditional boring LN SOL perverted crap.

edit: forgot to mention that when MC gets a sword and starts it up, it literally makes the same lightsaber turning on noise as star wars.

u0mnqcn.jpg
Pictured here: not a lightsaber

Young Black Jack - 1

The surgery scene was basically as good as how I remember them being in the TV series. Not too much disturbing imagery, Black Jack being a badass, the intense atmosphere in the operating room, it was all there.

The doc is back.

jman2050

Kizu PV is baller as hell, shit's gonna get real.

LOL at it being 3 movies though, Kizu is not exactly a long and dense book by any means.

Any new shows coming soon that are new and worth watching? On crunchy roll

The last two that I saw, which I loved are your lie in April, and Parasyte, any new recommendations?

Haven't really watched anything else new for the entirety of 2015, so I guess they don't have to be upcoming.

Kinda would like to start watching something on my crunchy roll

Haikyuu!!
Nagi no Asakura

Line_HTX

I still haven't watched the Prison School anime. I'll probably be one of those bored people that watch the original audio first and then the "simulcast dub" when it's finished.

Shiri to mune...

Shiri to Mune.

SHIRI to MUNE!!

Dochira ga suki... ka ne?

Dayum good Kizu PV.

In regards to 'The Hobbit' comparisons. When it was announced that there would be 3 Hobbit films I always said: "Well I'm actually fine with that. If it's all great, I wouldn't mind a lot/more content."

I still stand to that statement. Peter Jackson can fuck off though.

Of course I'm also aware that length of a film cannot really be separated from quality impact but you get the gist.

Asterisk War 1

Best OP song of the season thus far and the first part of its animation. I could watch this all the time.

Full version of the Maaya Sakamoto ED already released on sale and it was amazing. Cant wait to see what visuals it gets.

Gvitor

Young Black Jack 01

Everything medical in this show was so wrong in so many levels, but the interns protesting for righteous work conditions insta-made this anime of the forever.

Also the OP is great.

Syrinx

Gintama 34-35

Shinpachi should have just let the thief keep his wallet as insult to injury since there probably wasn't anything in there anyway.

Young Blackjack 01

Pretty entertaining episode. I wasn't expecting western doctor drama levels of awesome, so it proved to be entertaining. The ending was a bit forced though
only the biggest piece of shit in the world would go back on a promise he made on his son's life
. But besides that, will keep watching.

Narag

Young Blackjack 01

Pretty entertaining episode. I wasn't expecting western doctor drama levels of awesome, so it proved to be entertaining. The ending was a bit forced though
only the biggest piece of shit in the world would go back on a promise he made on his son's life
. But besides that, will keep watching.

There's one bit in the OG manga where he's with some heads of industry and end up locked in a shelter with steel shutter doors with no way to contact the outside as it was still under construction. They make all sorts of promises to him if he want only get them out and when he does, each tries to renegotiate. It'll likely come up a bit that the value of life is directly related to how it ties into your own well being.

There's one bit in the OG manga where he's with some heads of industry and end up locked in a shelter with steel shutter doors with no way to contact the outside as it was still under construction. They make all sorts of promises to him if he want only get them out and when he does, each tries to renegotiate. It'll likely come up a bit that the value of life is directly related to how it ties into your own well being.

I fully expect the show to go on the topic, hopefully it just doesn't fill as unwarranted as this.
even his attitude and way of speaking turned into typical douchebag "HUHHHH? "lol

phaze

Kagewani 01

So this is Godzilla Hunter ? With the main guy being part Kaiju ? Hard to get a feel of the show when the main protagonist shows up only in the last 10 seconds.

In general I wasn't very impressed and the noise filter in particular annoyed me but this will stick with it and see where it goes.

----

Don't think anyone here posted Kowabon's PV with what I think is the first look at how it's rotoscoping comes off in practice.

Narag

Kagewani 01

So this is Godzilla Hunter ? With the main guy being part Kaiju ? Hard to get a feel of the show when the main protagonist shows up only in the last 10 seconds.

In general I wasn't very impressed and the noise filter in particular annoyed me but this will stick with it and see where it goes.

If I had to guess, it's probably cryptid focused and wouldnt' be surprised if it adopted other urban legends into its storytelling.

K: Return of Kings 01

Why do I have a feeling DTL and I will be the only ones watching this lol

Action was decent, plot and characters are as expected from the first season and movie. So yeah. It has never been a favorite of mine, but entertaining enough to keep watching

All these magical school animes in one season is a bit much. Chilvary of a Failed Knight at least has good upper and lower body for the lead but, I feel like Im watching the same story just set in a different named school, they all even have obligatory walk in on female undressing scene.

All these magical school animes in one season is a bit much. Chilvary of a Failed Knight at least has good upper and lower body for the lead but, I feel like Im watching the same story just set in a different named school, they all even have obligatory walk in on female undressing scene.

I think they all start the same, but will slowly branch out to being different. I reckon Japan really like their clichés, so they start like that.
In other news, Asterisk is actually 2 cour, so, fuck yes.

I think they all start the same, but will slowly branch out to being different. I reckon Japan really like their clichés, so they start like that.
In other news, Asterisk is actually 2 cour, so, fuck yes.

I like how Ikki (Chivalry) is at least a low physical and magic ability, whereas in Sky Wizards, the lead was the strongest in the whole school, so they do feel different.

Gbraga

Is there any reason to be excited about this Concrete thingie other than "it's Bones so I'll give it a shot"?

Still didn't finish Durarara, I need to stop forcing myself to watch stuff I'm not enjoying, all it does is add to the backlog.

I am gonna check both of them out tonight but I feel like I'm going to pick one over the other eventually. Right now in my head Asterisk has both, in my opinion, better character design and the fact that it is a 2-cour going for it. The stories are both essentially the same and clichéd as heck, so idk if that could tip the scales lol.

Qurupeke

Bakemonogatari 12+13-15

About 12...That was just incredible. The atmosphere on the whole episode was just fantastic, from the first scene to the very last. Senjougahara keeps being the best character, in her own, rather unique, way. The whole conversation in the car was great and funny. I love how she teases Araragi so much. On a sidenote, I lost it when her Father spoke. A workaholic... and he's voiced by Gintama's Madao.

The whole last arc was really awesome. The Hanekawa-cat was just too cute and funny, at least when she didn't want to kill someone. Kind of disappointed we didn't see the story about Araragi and Shinobu. I read here that this movie monogatari is about that. A hell of a wait if it's that's the case...

Overall, the show has been great. The only part I didn't like much was Mayoi Snail. The rest have been from good to amazing.The series was weird at first, but I'm getting used to it and I love it more and more. And I really love the OPs and how different they are. An OP that someone posted from a later monogatari(not sure which one), was the reason I decided to watch the series now.

Bakemonogatari 12+13-15

About 12...That was just incredible. The atmosphere on the whole episode was just fantastic, from the first scene to the very last. Senjougahara keeps being the best character, in her own, rather unique, way. The whole conversation in the car was great and funny. I love how she teases Araragi so much. On a sidenote, I lost it when her Father spoke. A workaholic... and he's voiced by Gintama's Madao.

The whole last arc was really awesome. The Hanekawa-cat was just too cute and funny, at least when she didn't want to kill someone. Kind of disappointed we didn't see the story about Araragi and Shinobu. I read here that this movie monogatari is about that. A hell of a wait if it's that's the case...

Overall, the show has been great. The only part I didn't like much was Mayoi Snail. The rest have been from good to amazing.The series was weird at first, but I'm getting used to it and I love it more and more. And I really love the OPs and how different they are. An OP that someone posted from a later monogatari(not sure which one), was the reason I decided to watch the series now.

Probably the Koimonogatari OP, since that's the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom