• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Code Geass R2 17-18

Suzaku, you really fucked up. At least he is in charge of the atomic bomb and not that idiot, Nina. Guren MK-2 became the best. <3

And HOLY SHIT. HE JUST FIRED IT. Oh my God, everyone's dead. Nunally, ninja maid, Cornelia's knight... That LIVE proved to be the worst possible idea.

Rakudai 9
Oh man is today going to be a romance epis.....
GlossyIllfatedAnnelida.gif

WHAAAAAAAT

Asterisk 9
Whoop whoop people getting rekt today.
I do love the robot duo and their conversation. I did not expect the girl robot to shoot him, cause it was hilarious.

Monster Strike 09

WDr8dXS.jpg

sRwyf2x.jpg

Ren is my spirit animal

A bunch of comedy and more borderline JoJo poses, I enjoyed it. I do think the show would be better had all the individual episodes been longer, almost every episode ends on a cliffhanger which feels like a tease, especially when the following episode doesn't really deliver on said cliffhanger.

Maybe I should've waited after every episode aired, shame I didn't do that.

Maybe the short 8 minute per episode format only works for comedy and shows that have one little story per episode like Kagawani while series that try to have a continuing story get the shaft. Million Doll fell into the same pitfall.

Sölf

We all know that secretly you all want to see Ninja Slayer get voted AOTY. Which would be the right decision of course.

I feel like I made a mistake watching Asterisk over Calvary.

I mean neither of them are great, and it might even be a stretch to call either good as well, but Asterisk seems content to be nothing.

Calvary at least is focusing on an actual romance.

Asterisk meanwhile is focusing on this empty blob of a character.

Ascheroth

That girl is basically a copy of Isla from Plastic Memories but without the red eyes.

Well technically the Asterisk LN came before Plastic Memories, so Isla would be a copy of Kirin :p

I feel like I made a mistake watching Asterisk over Calvary.

I mean neither of them are great, and it might even be a stretch to call either good as well, but Asterisk seems content to be nothing.

Calvary at least is focusing on an actual romance.

Asterisk meanwhile is focusing on this empty blob of a character.

I actually prefer Asterisk right now, because it has actual world-building and I find the universe intriguing. You have all those different factions and organizations and such.
And the Robo-duo was lots of fun.

Whereas in Cavalry you have the school... and Ikki's family. That's it.

I've checked the previous seasons' OPs again to make sure and yeh, I'll definitely not get a full 10.

Owari
Shirobako
Shokugeki no Souma
Hibike! Euphonium
OPM

Those are all shows I'd recommend, thus making the list.

Other than those though, maybe Parasyte (2nd cour was this year) and Shimoneta.

But I think Parasyte fell of way too harshly. I mean it wasn't looking so bright anymore at the end of the first cour but boy did it shit the bed afterwards. So I don't think it'll make my list.

Shimoneta mellowed out, too, but may have been enjoyable enough still overall. It knew to have fun with itself and demonstrating the making of a sex toy in one of the EDs is worthy of some praise! So that might be my 6th place.

e: For how lackluster this year's airing anime have been, I actually had a pretty damn good year watching other older excellent anime left and right.

Monster Strike 09

A bunch of comedy and more borderline JoJo poses, I enjoyed it. I do think the show would be better had all the individual episodes been longer, almost every episode ends on a cliffhanger which feels like a tease, especially when the following episode doesn't really deliver on said cliffhanger.

Maybe I should've waited after every episode aired, shame I didn't do that.

Maybe the short 8 minute per episode format only works for comedy and shows that have one little story per episode like Kagawani while series that try to have a continuing story get the shaft. Million Doll fell into the same pitfall.
Really? I think its pretty awesome with its run time, upthere with Oreca DraColle. The comedy this episode was very hilarious with the videos.

Really? I think its pretty awesome with its run time, upthere with Oreca DraColle. The comedy this episode was very hilarious with the videos.

I mean, I like the show but because it's so short the episodes are over before you know it, I think I would've liked it even more if I watched two/three episodes in short bursts instead of one episode a week.

This episode was funny though, especially the scene with Ren peeking.

So with MAL or Hummingbird is there a way to output a list of things I watched this year?

The best solution I can give you is to go to the seasonal lists of 2015 in MAL and use ctrl+f and type in CMPL, if you maintained your list it works.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2015/winter

Try it on this one, it's a super gettho solution though, there's probably something better.

Sölf

I've checked the previous seasons' OPs again to make sure and yeh, I'll definitely not get a full 10.

Owari

For me, without a specific order, it would probably look like this:

Parasyte
Show by Rock
Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Bladeworks
Arslan Senki
Overlord
Shokugeki no Souma
Shimoneta
Gintama
Ninja Slayer
One Punch Man

If Shirobako ended this year, exchange it with UBW, because it was only the second pat of UBW anyways.

Quasar

The best solution I can give you is to go to the seasonal lists of 2015 in MAL and use ctrl+f and type in CMPL, if you maintained your list it works.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2015/winter

Try it on this one, it's a super gettho solution though, there's probably something better.

That does kinda work. Clunky though. I thought maybe there was a hidden advanced search option somewhere.

Guess I could also just export my data and import it into a db and query it. But thats like work :)

EDIT: Theres a way to display start and end dates when viewing your list, and so you can then sort by end date (its in the list section of user preferences). Thats good enough for me,

And I finished 62 things (shows old and new, movies, ovas). How the hell did I do that?

Qurupeke

Code Geass R2 19

Those numbers... 10M dead+ 25M from secondary damage. Suzaku, you're officially worse than Zero. And Nina, you retain the title of the worst.

RIP Rolo ;_; Rolo's life was so tragic. The scene was so sad.

I really want to see how Lelouch will manage to turn the tables now. He lost literally everything.
Code Geass R2 20

Anya and CC, best team. And damn, Suzaku is losing it. He's ready to die.Still not sure if Schneizel is supposed to be evil.

Code Geass R2 21

WTF IS GOING ON. This is perfect. Ok, this was certainly a big twist. I was wondering what they'd do with the remaining episodes, as it was already end game, but I was completely wrong. The end game begins now. Haha, this is just soooo good.
Lelouch's mother was "bad", certainly unexpected. And CC was actually "bad" too. Charles is gone now. Lelouch vs the World begins. I can't wait to see the conclusion on this. I'd say that Lelouch lost it, but Suzaku is with him...

jgminto

Gundam Tekketsu 9

So Tekkadan is now
a subsidiary of the Space Mafia/Yakuza. I wasn't expecting their journey to head in that direction but Tekkadan and the Turbines facing Gjallarhorn as allies should be exciting.
It was also nice to see another older adult character introduced that wasn't evil.
The way McMurdo took a shine to Mikazuki was nice. The highlight of the episode was definitely drunk Orga though, he should probably work on his alcohol tolerance for the future.
It seems the next episode will
finally explore some of Mika's past
and also start the next mecha battle so it should be an exciting one.

Jaxec

Gundam Tekketsu 9

Another smooth episode. Orga really showing more growth as a leader. Hopefully the show can keep up this quality. Another thing I find myself enjoying is the closing seconds leading up to the ending theme. Such a cool transition. Also I don't know why, but I'm getting suspicious of the maid. I do hope that it's nothing though since I like the maid.

Top anime for me this yea
Absolute Duo
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Koufuku Graffiti
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
Hibike! Euphonium
Grisaia no Rakuen
Cross Ange
Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season
Shomin Sample

when is TWINTAILS season 2?

Waiting for second season of
Onii-sama
Strike The Bloood
Twin Tails

Exalted

Is there anything else really good that is airing in winter, that people are alredy really hyped about, like OPM, where people were talking about it months before it even aired? ( don't read LN or manga so i have no clue)

That girl is basically a copy of Isla from Plastic Memories but without the red eyes.
Don't you even dare, this chick has nothing on Isla. Her whole character is basically a variant of the "senpai pls notice me and pat my head".

I've already shared my top 10 multiple times. I too had a hard time but not because there weren't enough shows. I actually enjoyed a lot of stuff this year.

kewlmyc

This one has a "fuck anime, read the manga" ending, doesn't it?.

No, it has an open ending with room for followups, but the plot concludes itself and it sets out to tell the story that it wants to tell.

It's honestly one of the best anime ever made imo and I wouldn't say that for any anime. Up there with Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann, and Madoka for me.

Also it's based on a light novel (that's finally getting an official translation, whoo hoo)

Never seen Lupin, but was told by somebody that I'd like it since I liked Cobra, is there a correlation between the two? The problem is, where does one even begin? I commented on how I wanted to watch 'The Woman Called Fujiko Mine' on the basis that I thought that it looked nice visually a while back, how I usually decide to watch a shows or movies mind you, I don't keep up with current shows (2012 is current to me I guess...) so that's all I have to go on and all of a sudden I became a fool of sorts! Laughed straight out of here. I'll watch Cagliostro at one point, I mean the BD remains sealed on my shelf after all...taunting me. On the to do list!

Funnily enough, I like Space Adventure COBRA nearly as much as I like Lupin! I decided to watch COBRA after I found out that Yuji Ohno, long running composer of the Lupin series from the red jacket show onwards, composed the theme song to COBRA. Both shows are quite similar in a few ways. Like COBRA, Lupin is a bit goofy and things don't always go right for him, but he still manages to be cool as heck at times. The humour is similar in both shows, and while COBRA's story continues between episodes, the green and red jacket Lupin shows manage to be just as gripping, even as standalone episodes.

If you liked COBRA, I highly suggest you check out the green and red jacket Lupin shows. Green ran from 1971 to 1972 and has 23 episodes. Red ran from 1977 to 1980 and has 155 episodes. Since the episodes are standalone, you can dip in and out. You wont regret it. I wouldn't advise starting with Fujiko Mine, as the characters and tone of that show are way different than usual.

Also, I have to admit, as much as I love the 1980's COBRA series, I'm not a huge fan of the original film and the modern stuff. They just didn't compare IMO. Also, another note - the Japanese voice actor for Crystal Bowie also voices Jigen Daisuke, and has been for 40 years.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 9:

Unlike some other series I could name, Iron Blooded Orphans here actually knows how to keep the character building stuff in line with moving forward with plot progression and is making both work very harmoniously so far.

pbayne

Haikyuu 9

Two bits of animation and attention to detail had me fist pumping this episode: when Kageyama toss in training you can can see the moment it loses momentum and the time the silver haired owl dude wheeled around the blockers to spike.

If anyone plays volleyball irl please humor this question; Do all volleyball players spike pre-dominantly with their strong hand? Watching Hinata miss those tosses all I thought was "If he trained to hit off his left hand he could get those".

Moaradin

One Punch Man
Gintama
Haikyuu
Kekkai Sensen
Shirobako
Death Parade
Ushio and Tora
Garo
Shokugeki no Soma
Arslan

my list will probably look something like that. Might sub in a couple shows depending on if I remember anything else

Is there anything else really good that is airing in winter, that people are alredy really hyped about, like OPM, where people were talking about it months before it even aired? ( don't read LN or manga so i have no clue)

haruchika will be a must watch

As well as
Durarara
Assassination Classroom
Prince of stride alternative
Kono Danshi, Sekika ni Nayandemasu

Qurupeke

Code Geass R2 22

LANCELOT ALBION BEST MECHA. The fight with the first Knight was just too good. I loved this. It was kinda lame that his Geass power wasn't much in the end though.

The school scene was also great, I love how good Lelouch is at acting. And now Nunally is actually alive and ready to go against Suzaku and Lelouch. Things are getting better and better. :D

Code Geass R2 23

lol The only important character that died on the explosion was Cornelia's knight, eh? Ninja maid is alive. <3

So... Nina has actually been developed as a character. I like it. She's no psychotic as she used to be and she may prove critical on winning this battle. On the other hand, Schneizel finally unveils his sadistic nature. This is going to be good.

2 episodes remain. :)

Code Geass R2 24

This is getting intense. I love this.
Ha, not even Guilford died. lol

Anyway, I love how many times Lelouch has used the trick with the video. lol Great episode and I was hoping that Nunally would open her eyes. And she did! Daaaaaaamn. Diethard finally died too, he was one of the most enjoyably annoying characters.

Ready for the final episode. I'll post some more general impressions too. Hopefully the last of my white bars full of spoilers. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom