• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatmac

You can hate Fate and I'll let it go but anyone that hates this girl is dead to me. Fite me.
38ff32e6b5db855b4e47c10b9afd3091.jpg

Shouta

Comet Lucifer 9

Best action episode so far. That ending tho...

I think my biggest issue with the show is that it's been on a plateau for awhile and hasn't peaked or dipped. It's maintained a pretty even level of fun but it hasn't really made moments for itself up until this episode. Everything seems really competent and the story is there but the director and writer just hasn't elevated it.

Comet Lucifer 9

Best action episode so far. That ending tho...

I think my biggest issue with the show is that it's been on a plateau for awhile and hasn't peaked or dipped. It's maintained a pretty even level of fun but it hasn't really made moments for itself up until this episode. Everything seems really competent and the story is there but the director and writer just hasn't elevated it.

This is my problem with the show too, that and the fact that there seems to be no reason for this show to have giant robots.

Like, there hasn't been a single bit of exposition that explains why the military needs giant robots. There's no giant monsters roaming around, war with another country, or anything. They're just there.

One Punch Man 09

Oh my God that first half was fucking amazing. When Saitama punches him and the shockwave stops the rain. Holy shit. Even the non action parts looked great. Best episode.

god tier.

Okada Gundam 09

I'm really liking how this show is progressing. I think these slower episodes are the best part of the show. There's going to be a betrayal somewhere here. plz not fumitan

Monogatari, Gintama and now Code Geass. I want to vote older shows for AOTY. :(

You can still vote for Monogatari and Gintama, just not the best seasons!

Also Geass would just win every year.

UBW > OPM in the looks department.

OPM lacks shitty Ufotable™ filters and looks good beyond the fight scenes so I think I will give it to OPM pretty handily

One Punch Man has better and more animated motion than what I've seen from UBW. The latter got a whole lot of special effects but those don't do as much for me. Besides, UBW has way too inconsistent visuals with plenty dips into the ugly, and lots bad shots that just add to that.

I'm not even a fan of OPM's art style but some of these fights look just superb.

This is my problem with the show too, that and the fact that there seems to be no reason for this show to have giant robots.

Like, there hasn't been a single bit of exposition that explains why the military needs giant robots. There's no giant monsters roaming around, war with another country, or anything. They're just there.

Those robots are the only thing good about this show and that's the bone you're picking?

Mahouka Koukou sells more than sao in a 2015 :( wheres my mahouka s2 jpn :(

Top 30 Oricon séries (light novel) 2015 (17 novembre 2014 - 22 novembre 2015) :

01) Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (1 220 217)
02) The Irregular at Magic High School (1 175 978)
03) My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong as I Expected. (1 050 446)
04) Overlord (927 413)
05) Naruto - Hiden Series (883 833)
06) Sword Art Online (788 895)
07) Kagerô Days (494 721)
08) Kokuhaku Yokô Renshû (413 663)
09) A Certain Magical Index New Testament (405 666)

John Blade

Just went through the 2nd order of Right Stuff sales. Here is the list of what I bought. I wonder how more days for Right Stuff keep adding more stuff for the holiday sales.

Trigun Complete Series DVD Anime Classics
Trigun: Badlands Rumble Blu-ray
Ghost in the Shell: Arise Set 1 Blu-ray/DVD
Agent Aika DVD Anime Legends
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Blu-ray
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig: Individual Eleven Blu-ray
Ghost in the Shell Blu-ray 25th Anniversary Edition
FLCL Novel 01
FLCL Novel 02
Ghost in the Shell Blu-ray 2.0 Edition
Hal Blu-ray/DVD
Tiger & Bunny the Movie 2: The Rising Blu-ray/DVD
Black Magic M-66 DVD
Kamichu! CD Soundtrack
Zeiram Special Edition DVD
Tiger & Bunny Set 1 Blu-ray
Tiger & Bunny Set 2 Blu-ray
FLCL Manga The Complete Omnibus
Time of Eve: The Movie Deluxe Edition Blu-ray + Soundtrack

Cornbread78

Comet Lucifer ep.9
Holy shit, what an amazing episode. The action, the feels, the music. But then that ending, wtf, holy shit, wtf. Damn... I did not see that coming at all.

Qurupeke

Should I watch Madoka Magica? To my surprise it's pretty short. The thing is, I already know there's a twist and the nature of it, so I'm not sure if I should bother.

pbayne

Just went through the 2nd order of Right Stuff sales. Here is the list of what I bought. I wonder how more days for Right Stuff keep adding more stuff for the holiday sales.

Trigun Complete Series DVD Anime Classics
Trigun: Badlands Rumble Blu-ray
Ghost in the Shell: Arise Set 1 Blu-ray/DVD
Agent Aika DVD Anime Legends
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Blu-ray
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig: Individual Eleven Blu-ray
Ghost in the Shell Blu-ray 25th Anniversary Edition
FLCL Novel 01
FLCL Novel 02
Ghost in the Shell Blu-ray 2.0 Edition
Hal Blu-ray/DVD
Tiger & Bunny the Movie 2: The Rising Blu-ray/DVD
Black Magic M-66 DVD
Kamichu! CD Soundtrack
Zeiram Special Edition DVD
Tiger & Bunny Set 1 Blu-ray
Tiger & Bunny Set 2 Blu-ray
FLCL Manga The Complete Omnibus
Time of Eve: The Movie Deluxe Edition Blu-ray + Soundtrack

If anyone likes FLCL id highly recommend the manga.

Its so different, a lot more confusing and a lot darker at times than the anime

phaze

OPM lacks shitty Ufotable™ filters and looks good beyond the fight scenes so I think I will give it to OPM pretty handily

Really ? UBW blows it away in the backgrounds at the very least. Also in the lesser amount of corner cutting, detail, effect animation I'd say but I'd need a rewatch and more expertise in this field to be sure
Should I watch Madoka Magica? To my surprise it's pretty short. The thing is, I already know there's a twist and the nature of it, so I'm not sure if I should bother.

Which one ? There was plenty of them. I think it's definitely still worth watching even if you know the entire story.

Narag

Yeah, you should. I'm not even that big of a fan of it but it's worth checking out at least once.

Dragon Ball Super 21

Well at least it was explained why Buu wasn't there and now Goten/Trunks are coming.

I'm glad they added an extra Krillin bullying scenes tho! As expected of Freeza-sama. Also the alien Hijikata who didn't do anything but get btfo in 2 seconds but was on the cover of the movie is doing something, neat enough

lol at the next episode title spoiling itself that Ginyu is coming back, not like it wasn't obvious anyway. toei still got it

Really ? UBW blows it away in the backgrounds at the very least. Also in the lesser amount of corner cutting, detail, effect animation I'd say but I'd need a rewatch and more expertise in this field to be sure

From what I watches UBW looked like a completely average show when it wasn't a fight, and from beyond where I dropped it people were posting some real awful layouts and the like.

Quasar

Looking at the LN sales list compared to the manga sales list is just sad.

At least some of the popular manga series are good and not...none?

Well looking at that list most of it is stuff I've enjoyed. And interesting I guess that there is basically none that dont also have a anime. Now I dunno if thats simply anime boosting the sales of them all or indicative of everything getting adapted.

Qurupeke

Does anyone know when we should expect the next seasons of Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul?

2016 for AoT. TG will probably get another season too with the TG :re material, maybe in 2016 but nothing is announced yet.

Basically, what MetroidPrimeRib said.

Those robots are the only thing good about this show and that's the bone you're picking?

The CG robots are legit good in this show, there's no doubt about that. The action has been great.

But from a story perspective, what's the purpose for the robots? Every good mecha anime has this.

Gundam 79 has a futuristic setting involving two technologically advanced warring factions, Evangelion has the Angels attacking, TTGL has the beastmen, etc.

That and those shows were mainly about the robots and their pilots themselves. Amuro and the Gundam, Shinji and Unit 01, Simon with Gurren Lagann, etc.

There's next to none of that in Comet Lucifer, all Sogo did was throw Moura to transform while she got the job done. And granted, the latest episode had
Sogo actually piloting Moura so we might get more from that before the show wraps up
, the entire mecha aspect of this show, while the best part of it, all seems to be just as a thing on the side.

Adding to my point further, the mecha aspect of this show wasn't even advertised all that much. The most we got was like, one key visual with it in the background, that's it.

It just bugs me, is all.

Yes, do it. The story is amazing.

phaze

From what I watches UBW looked like a completely average show when it wasn't a fight, and from beyond where I dropped it people were posting some real awful layouts and the like.
How bad ?

Episode 0 alone had some great backgrounds and character animation.

You can hate Fate and I'll let it go but anyone that hates this girl is dead to me. Fite me.

Archer captain > all

Does anyone know when we should expect the next seasons of Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul?

The wrath of AquaWateria shall fall upon you.

There is some TG event in a few weeks I think, it might get announced there.

Like what others have said Attack on Titain is confirmed for 2016.

As for Tokyo Ghoul hopefully never unless they give the series a competent staff. I don't know if I can endure another butchering like Root A.

The wrath of AquaWateria shall fall upon you.

There is some TG event in a few weeks I think, it might get announced there.

The Jump Fiesta Super Stage will be the event I believe.

Cornbread78

Owarimonogatari ep.9
Ok, what just happened, the ages don't match up.
Could the first minion have possessed Araragi?
Gaen is such a fruitcake but mysterious.

Dennis

Banned
Like what others have said Attack on Titain is confirmed for 2016.

As for Tokyo Ghoul hopefully never unless they give the series a competent staff. I don't know if I can endure another butchering like Root A.
I don't read the manga but the anime is pretty good.

Exalted

Just wondering are anime originals less profitable, than manga and LN adaptaions,( due to less profit streams) or is there no diference?

javac

Very talented. Its cool to have seen something in the past and to see a beautifully animated scene, and of course it generally all flows together as one homogeneous entity but to then discover the person behind the particular scene is cool. "Oh he worked on that scene!" The Mitsuo Iso Eva scene is the most mentioned one, a lot of talented people go unnoticed. Like I said above, at first glance each scene flows together naturally but when you discover who did a certain bit of animation you notice the hallmarks and telltale signs.

EDIT: Video reminds me, I need to still check out Mospeada! He worked on the OP which is cool.

Kamichu - 16 [Finale]

Kinda just gobbled this one up the last couple days. One of the best slice of life anime I've seen and this one doesn't even take place in middle school instead of high school.The characters have a very grounded, natural feel to them, so does the drama and romance. The other slice of life show I've seen recently is K-On and that feels downright 'fake' compared to this show. I was right after all that as long as the characterization (and execution in general) is good, I'll enjoy a good slice of life show as much as anyone else.

Kamichu didn't keep me engaged all the time as there were just some episodes I didn't care much for. On average it was good however and there were some standout episodes. The previously mentioned episode 11 comes to mind and episode 4 had the most adorable inclusion of Martians I've ever witnessed; that episode won me over.

8/10 from me.

Narag

Very talented. Its cool to have seen something in the past and to see a beautifully animated scene, and of course it generally all flows together as one homogeneous entity but to then discover the person behind the particular scene is cool. "Oh he worked on that scene!" The Mitsuo Iso Eva scene is the most mentioned one, a lot of talented people go unnoticed. Like I said above, at first glance each scene flows together naturally but when you discover who did a certain bit of animation you notice the hallmarks and telltale signs.

EDIT: Video reminds me, I need to still check out Mospeada! He worked on the OP which is cool.

Anno's good for "holy shit that was him?" moments too.

pbayne

Just wondering are anime originals less profitable, than manga and LN adaptaions,( due to less profit streams) or is there no diference?

Id imagine they are more profitable (for the studio itself) if they are a hit since you don't have to share royalties/merchandise etc.

But they are also a bigger risk i.e no in built audience that is guaranteed to watch.

Ascheroth

Fafner Exodus - 21

Ahaha, Soushis reaction when Akira mentioned he liked Maya was great.
That journey was certainly harsh. RIP all those poor people.
The scene where the island bird delivered the message was really heartwarming. So the coordinates Canon left behind were the rendezvous point.

Insert song action, HELL YES!
But then everything goes downhill
with Walter sacrificing himself and everyones assimilation Syndrome getting out of control, Kazuki even lost his freacking arm!
Just wow o_O
And I KNEW that Gregory type horror eye kid would fuck everything up sooner or later.
Seriously Neo UN guys, as Mizoguchi said: How are you any different then Festum now? Just drop dead already.
But then that new piece of OST started playing and it was so good and then holy shit
Kurusu from the movie is here again
Hype is through the roof.

Fafner Exodus - 22

Seriously, fuck that fucking human army scum. Just fuck them. What a bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Anyway, the battle was stellar. And the reunion was heartwrenching. Everyone learning who died on the other team :/
Also,
Mimika is fighting even reduced to a freacking ball.
That's just too sad.

Didn't expect that twist with Mitsuhiro and the Gregory type.
I'm not going to be satisfied unless that shitty old hag and everyone of the Neo UN and human army is torn to pieces by the end of the series.

-----
Whew, I'm finally caught up with it, but that was certainly a cruel place to do so, lol.
Definitely AOTY, though.

The CG robots are legit good in this show, there's no doubt about that. The action has been great.

But from a story perspective, what's the purpose for the robots? Every good mecha anime has this.

Gundam 79 has a futuristic setting involving two technologically advanced warring factions, Evangelion has the Angels attacking, TTGL has the beastmen, etc.

That and those shows were mainly about the robots and their pilots themselves. Amuro and the Gundam, Shinji and Unit 01, Simon with Gurren Lagann, etc.

There's next to none of that in Comet Lucifer, all Sogo did was throw Moura to transform while she got the job done. And granted, the latest episode had
Sogo actually piloting Moura so we might get more from that before the show wraps up
, the entire mecha aspect of this show, while the best part of it, all seems to be just as a thing on the side.

Adding to my point further, the mecha aspect of this show wasn't even advertised all that much. The most we got was like, one key visual with it in the background, that's it.

It just bugs me, is all.
Yeah, the world building as a whole is really thin. If we knew what the purpose of the military was or who they even fought wars against, the role of mechas might make more sense. Instead all we have is vague stuff about crystals and a setting that's hardly fleshed out at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom