• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

yes lol

is this news to you?

Murata run isn't anywhere near done with the next arc which could theoretically take a whole second season if spread out correctly, but after that there's no new material.

Yes, I didn't know there wasn't enough material to adapt. I thought it went really far already.

My bad for assuming.

TUSR

Banned
To Love-Ru Darkness 2nd 1-14

Better than S1 and Motto because there was an actual plot. Even though it was stupid af.

Theonik

It kind of seemed like a wash to me. On one hand you have a builtin audience, on the other you have a potentially big license to,pay.
The studio doesn't pay for the license. The license holders pay the studio to make anime. For the other people involved, they put some money into the production in return for getting some rights to make some sort of merchandise.

Taruranto

Raise your (death) flags #9
rlWyGWV.jpg

She means the penis, you silly girl

Also Yamagi on suicide-watch.

Fumitan is totally a spy, isn't she?

One Punch Man 09

A-tier Animation, the show. Wtf at this show giving me the feels out of nowhere though. Saitama, Mumen Rider... You are the heroes of the forever.

Hagi

Got some bad feelings about the next few episodes of Iron Blooded Orphans, things have went far too well for it all to not come crashing down around them. I for one have really enjoyed how the cast has been developed and how the story has been flowing so I think when shit hits the fan the impact will be harder.

Gundam IBO 09

So with this episode this show has sky rocketed up my top 10 list to go head to head with what I thought was my AOTY. The fact that a Gundam show, which I thought was going to be all about fights, has this much world building and character interactions, that are actually MEANINGFUL is amazing. This is a good. A really, really good show.

Hagi you really bring up a good point. I feel really attached to these characters. With this turning point in the story, they seem to be headed towards what could be the death of a lot of these kids.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 162

Right then, endgame continues as we finally get the full backstory on Pegasus as the Dead Moon take over Juban. Mamoru is also suddenly getting affected by all this because they were forced to recall that the manga is a thing and finally needed to add those details to the mix. The middle of the episode is basically getting the Sailor Guardians in position for the grand climatic showdown, even giving the Amazoness Quartet enhanced powers. Sadly since this is Sailor Moon the fight is an anticlimax that the AQ are pretty quickly defeated, or would have been if Zirconia had not made with the run in and protected them. As the plot demands, Zirconia puts things together that Chibi-Usa is the host of Helios and the episode ends with her capture. I will try to to celebrate too much over this development.

Eh... They're kinda boring images though. #2 might lure more people in ;P

I actually like the artwork for #2, I'll keep looking for other pics, but out of the 100's I've gone through, these fit the best so far, lol.

They are all fine, it's just that #2 seems more like an image pulled from a scene of the plot, while the other 2 just show the main characters. Either way, whichever one you pick of these they are all good choices

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 163

Well then, this was a rather uneven episode, as the parts where the Sailor Guardians had to wander the maze of mirrors and dealing with the manifestations of their childhood hopes and dreams at the same time stating those goals exists alongside the duties to their current uniform were top notch. On the flip side pretty much all of the scenes when the AQ were terrible and felt like the only existed to finally kick off the face turn.

JulianImp

To Love-Ru Darkness 2nd 1-14

Better than S1 and Motto because there was an actual plot. Even though it was stupid af.

I think the same. Even though TLR's a trashy show about a guy who keeps getting into lewd situations with lots of girls, Darkness' excuse plot somehow helped give the show some semblance of continuity at the very least. Of course all character developments only amounted everyone falling for Rito while becoming friends with the other girls.

I see your avatar's also gotten more harenchi now.

phaze

Did I miss something?

Why do people dislike Trigun's last episode?

Sure it's a bit abrupt, but it's an anime ending.

As far as anime endings go, Trigun's last episode is a freaking shining star.

Russ T

Banned
Did I miss something?

Why do people dislike Trigun's last episode?

Sure it's a bit abrupt, but it's an anime ending.

As far as anime endings go, Trigun's last episode is a freaking shining star.

i'm a weirdo in that i actually vastly prefer trigun's earlier goofy monster-of-the-week episodes to the later plot-driven half of the series

but yeah the climax and resolution to vash's story is pretty fucking fantastic

For some reason I don't feel as annoyed at the OP than past OPs. Maybe the other ones were more pretentious, I don't know.

It's just another "golden age of anime" threads in disguise. Meh.

S'pose you're right in that at least it's honest about it.

rrvv

Kinda interested how each "era" of anime have different gateway series

so for popular gateway anime

80s
Astro Boy
Gundam
Dragon Ball Z
technically should be 90 since it started in 89

90s
Cowboy Bebop
Evagalion
Digimon
Pokemon

00s
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Naruto
One Piece
Haruhi Suzumiya

10s
Sword Art Online
Attack of Titan
Fate/Zero

anything to add?

JulianImp

dragon ball

the one without the z

was in the 80s

I'm glad we got vanilla Dragon Ball before Z in Latin America, but it seems like the US barely remembers that part of the show at all.

DB was a really fun adventure/fighting show, but I guess I also enjoyed Z as a kid despite it being infinitely more boring with how much it focused on ever-increasing power levels and making non-saiyans less and less relevant as time went on.

Exalted

Kinda interested how each "era" of anime have different gateway series

so for popular gateway anime

80s
Astro Boy
Gundam
Dragon Ball Z
technically should be 90 since it started in 89

90s
Cowboy Bebop
Evagalion
Digimon
Pokemon

00s
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Naruto
One Piece
Haruhi Suzumiya

10s
Sword Art Online
Attack of Titan
Fate/Zero

anything to add?

I would remove Haruhi Suzumiya and replace it with something more popular like Death note or Fullmetal allchemist or Code Geass.
Just going from this: http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity

rrvv

I would remove Haruhi Suzumiya and replace it with something more popular like Death note or Fullmetal allchemist or Code Geass.
Just going from this: http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity

forgot about the Death Note.

Feel like Haruhi is gateway anime for Japanese instead outside japan. Clannad probably bigger for overseas audiences compare to Haruhi.

Reason why I put Haruhi is because it's my gateway anime :x

Line_HTX

I'm glad US got DBZ before DB, and even happier that the TV broadcasts switched to the Funimation over that Canadian dub. God, their editing was hilarious.

The only Canadian dub I enjoyed was Gundam Wing, Death Note, and Inuyasha.

My god, this Cowboy Bebop circle jerk is getting fucking annoying.

Cowboy Bebop is a great show (10/10 imo) but the people who desperately cling to it don't want to hear that Yamato 2199 or Ping Pong or the best episode of Dandy S2 are as good or better, they just want to prop it up as an example of how shit was better in da 90z

And Trigun, what? Trigun isn't even close to that level

Cowboy Bebop is a great show (10/10 imo) but the people who desperately cling to it don't want to hear that Yamato 2199 or Ping Pong or the best episode of Dandy S2 are as good or better, they just want to prop it up as an example of how shit was better in da 90z

And Trigun, what? Trigun isn't even close to that level

How dare you challenge my preconceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom