• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

I thought that I was finished with my review, but I'm finding more and more to talk about as I go along. Hopefully its done by today. A few hours should do it.

Cornbread78

Invaders of the Rokujyouma? Ep. 4-6
The show continues to be fun to watch with a good mix of humor. It is teetering on a little too much angst from the harem girls at times though. This definitely isn't your typical harem though, lol. Oh well, hopefully, the humor continues.

kewlmyc

I didn't even know that was one of the things listed and I have never seen it.

It's the 3rd one on the list. It's a "romantic comedy" featuring one of the most jaded main characters I've seen in an anime. And the characters actually have character development, which feels rare for the genre. Both seasons are pretty good watch.

ONE PUNCH MAN 09

Hell yeah, we're finally at the Boros arc. They'll probably end the series at that, and maybe add in a few more action scenes. As for this episode, the animation in some parts was kinda weird, but it's still better than nearly every anime's animation this season, if not this year. Mumen (Licenseless) Rider is probably one of the more inspirational characters in the series. Also at this point, only the fantranslations have been referring to him as Licenseless Rider, both the official subs and Viz translations refer to him as Mumen Rider. I kinda like Common Rider myself even though no one uses it.

Theonik

Just wondering are anime originals less profitable, than manga and LN adaptaions,( due to less profit streams) or is there no diference?
For the studio, unless they are also producing it it doesn't matter. For production companies, creating franchises is much more profitable than just selling anime.

The thing people need to keep in mind is that the people who pay for anime to be made in most cases aren't interested in making money from the anime itself but are instead using anime to sell products they were already interested in selling. That is to say an LN publisher can stand a loss on an anime on the premise of it being subsidised advertising.

TUSR

Banned
DOH-HOHOHOHOHO!
ZXdmuiu.png

For the studio, unless they are also producing it it doesn't matter. For production companies, creating franchises is much more profitable than just selling anime.

The thing people need to keep in mind is that the people who pay for anime to be made in most cases aren't interested in making money from the anime itself but are instead using anime to sell products they were already interested in selling. That is to say an LN publisher can stand a loss on an anime on the premise of it being subsidised advertising.

Even Cowboy Bebop was originally funded by Bandai with the intent of selling spaceship figures.

Line_HTX

Only if you either have shit tastes in men or are a masochist.

It made me think of some of the ones I've met in real life who are almost like that, but not to the extreme that Diabolik portrays. I swear, this anime is messed up, lol. But then again, as someone else said, is it any different than dudes who would love to be verbally abused?

Theonik

Even Cowboy Bebop was originally funded by Bandai with the intent of selling spaceship figures.
The story behind that is a bit funnier. Bandai originally commissioned Cowboy Bebop to be made as a show to sell space ship models, but after they saw Watanabe's plans for it decided that it wasn't going to work out and were prepared to pull out but Bandai VIsual took a look at the project and was interested in it so picked up the tab when the toy division pulled out. Had this not happened Cowboy Bebop would have been axed.

The story behind that is a bit funnier. Bandai originally commissioned Cowboy Bebop to be made as a show to sell space ship models, but after they saw Watanabe's plans for it decided that it wasn't going to work out and were prepared to pull out but Bandai VIsual took a look at the project and was interested in it so picked up the tab when the toy division pulled out. Had this not happened Cowboy Bebop would have been axed.

Right, I simplified things but I did read the Wiki page.

Anyway, it's a good reminder of how difficult it is and has been to get anime funded so it can even have a shot at being made.

Firemind

gundam orphans #6

holy fuck. this may be the most boring episode i've ever had the displeasure of watching. dropped like a hot potato. what a waste of my time.

jgminto

gundam orphans #6

holy fuck. this may be the most boring episode i've ever had the displeasure of watching. dropped like a hot potato. what a waste of my time.

You must watch some hyperactive shit then because that was an enjoyable character development episode.

Quasar

It kind of seemed like a wash to me. On one hand you have a builtin audience, on the other you have a potentially big license to,pay.

Jaxec

One Punch Man 9

Best part of the episode for me was the ending with Saitama and Mumen Rider. I was tearing up a bit. Love these guys.

Cornbread78

Shomin Sample ep.1-3
So, I finally broke down and started to watch this show and I must say it is pretty fun. I mean, the angst is annoying, but it looks like that might not be a problem going forward now that the maid played the muscle men card with the giant scissors, lol. Now, fucking get rid of the new little loli girl that just appeared, damm that was disturbing.

Kvik

^^At least Kimito (Shomin Sample protagonist) didn't consider Hakua one of his potential partners (he just like taking care of her). Later manga chapter was pretty good in terms of development (although we probably won't see it in the anime)

Gvitor

Haikyuu S2 09

It looks like we're finally getting a proper match this season. The part where they showed each player's new techniques was great, looking forward to seeing this in play.

Asterisk 09

Hahahaha, the bikini size. It's like this show wants to be Cavalry in regards to self-mocking. (I'm behind in Cavalry, will catch up eventually)

One Punch Man 09

God, this was great. Mumen Rider is such a great character, his speech + the song (and the absence of, at the right time) were awesome. His story about not being good enough to upgrade to B-Class, then Saitama doing it, and him congratulating Saitama for it, plus the letter thanking him... so good.

I honestly didn't realize by the time Saitama opened the letter that Mumen Rider was the one who sent it. Thinking back, there weren't really any other options, but I didn't think they would reveal who wrote it.

sonicmj1

Clannad: After Story 17

I hate to harp on this kind of thing so much, but I really wish the prologue didn't have the narration in it. It's already hammering the point home with the color palette and all, so it doesn't need to batter the audience even more. But that's how this show has always been.

Anyway, it's much better now. Even as the cuteness ramps up again, it makes more sense in this context, and the current story themes feel more meaningful than the earlier high school bullshit. Wish I didn't have to suffer through so much of that to get to this.

It's tough watching Tomoya awkwardly play the father role with Ushio. It's not just that he still feels so hurt by loss that he has a hard time opening up, but it's hard for me not to make the connection to how his father acted. He's becoming a lot of what he once despised. I'm sure he'll have that realization himself eventually, either before or after he really becomes a parent.

Ohh, didn't think about that, good call.

Don't listen to me though, it's late, I'm tired, and more than half of what is said in that shows goes way over my head.

Yup no impressions from me today folks. I'm too tired to watch Gundam and OPM. I want to be aware of what I'm watching so I'll be leaving these for tomorrow.

Cornbread78

Clannad: After Story 17

I hate to harp on this kind of thing so much, but I really wish the prologue didn't have the narration in it. It's already hammering the point home with the color palette and all, so it doesn't need to batter the audience even more. But that's how this show has always been.

Anyway, it's much better now. Even as the cuteness ramps up again, it makes more sense in this context, and the current story themes feel more meaningful than the earlier high school bullshit. Wish I didn't have to suffer through so much of that to get to this.

It's tough watching Tomoya awkwardly play the father role with Ushio. It's not just that he still feels so hurt by loss that he has a hard time opening up, but it's hard for me not to make the connection to how his father acted. He's becoming a lot of what he once despised. I'm sure he'll have that realization himself eventually, either before or after he really becomes a parent.

All I will say is the next episode is by far the best episode in anime, like ever, like just encapsulates the entire series, like wow, like amazing, like watch it already, lol. Sorry, I hate when people do that, lol.

Jaxec

How good is Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid? Rightstuf has the complete series bluray for 12.99 and that seems really tempting because I've heard some good things about it.

Narag

How good is Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid? Rightstuf has the complete series bluray for 12.99 and that seems really tempting because I've heard some good things about it.

Pretty sure you can get everything FMP for like $20 in a recent funi release.

The Second Raid is an excellent sequel to Full Metal Panic! If you enjoyed the first season, you'll definetly enjoy that.

wan pan man ep 9.

such good action, genos jobbing is always entertaining, but man mumen rider in the whole entire ep ;.;. so good. and the ending scene with him and saitama had me crying manly tears.

its sad this show is going to end so soon.:(

Squishy3

yes lol

is this news to you?

Murata run isn't anywhere near done with the next arc which could theoretically take a whole second season if spread out correctly, but after that there's no new material.
Well I mean they can always pull from ONE but yeah it's going to take a break regardless. ONE understands scene composition anyway, and he can probably draw better than he does but he just doesn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom