• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 01

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry 01

I thought i watched same show twice.
Overall both are bad but i will prefer Asterisk little more, because at least there won't be any Asterisk fans(are they even exist?) keep telling me "this time it's different!/creative!/not harem!(when harem means bad anyway?)" unlike Rakudai fans.

Someone tell me of a good anime this season that isn't some 12/13 episode adaptation of an unfinished light novel/manga.

Only one I know of so far is Gundam(which might end up being terrible but at least I can count on an ending which is the 1st step)

Someone tell me of a good anime this season that isn't some 12/13 episode adaptation of an unfinished light novel/manga.

Only one I know of so far is Gundam(which might end up being terrible but at least I can count on an ending which is the 1st step)

Gundam is likely going to be 50 episodes, lol.

Mighty try Concrete Revolutio? It hasn't aired yet. Young Black Jack would fit as well, I believe that is finished.

If you don't want adaptations of ongoing source material, you can look at The Perfect Insider, Lupin III, Osomatsu-san, Concrete Revolutio, Garo: Guren no Tsuki, and Kagewani.

Mighty try Concrete Revolutio? It hasn't aired yet. Young Black Jack would fit as well, I believe that is finished.

The Young Black Jack manga is still ongoing.

Ascheroth

Ushio to Tora is airing currently and will cover the whole manga. It will be 39 episodes.

Concrete Revolutio and Comet Lucifer are anime original I think, but who knows how they'll turn out.

Phatmac

Probably one of my favorite monogatari opening episodes since it resolved a seemingly big issues relatively quickly. It also gave do more insight into Koyomi's character as well as making Ougi more creepy like always. It also gave us an introduction to a new character. We haven't had a new character in a while so it'll be neat to see Sodachi's role in all this. All around another anime experience unlike anything else out there. Shaft really are pros at this. The OP could be better considering the track record. ED was pretty good.

Exalted

K: Return of Kings Episode 1

Great animation quality and visuals. But i didn't like it as much as season 1 episodes, since it's missing the goofy white haired kid protagonist, which was a nice contrast to all the serious people and flashy fighting.

Man, all the shows I wanna watch don't really start till the end of next week really...

....and Funi won't be simulcasting the finale of Blood Blockade Battlefront till next week...

Time to play the waiting game!
tumblr_nr39s6TEDH1ur5u2eo1_400.gif

...yay...

Concrete looks interesting, and yeah YBJ is ongoing, I aint down with that.

If you don't want adaptations of ongoing source material, you can look at The Perfect Insider, Lupin III, Osomatsu-san, Concrete Revolutio, Garo: Guren no Tsuki, and Kagewani.

The Young Black Jack manga is still ongoing.

Seen Garo, Perfect Insider is new to me and looks interesting, forgot about Lupin.

Ushio to Tora is airing currently and will cover the whole manga. It will be 39 episodes.

Concrete Revolutio and Comet Lucifer are anime original I think, but who knows how they'll turn out.

I think I watched the 1st episode of Ushio and then I stopped for some reason, now that I know it won't piss me off I'll give it another try.

Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 1
CQai_FTWoAA-FZf.png
CQajANtWgAA3KRX.png

I like the OP images, Yaku and Lev in it, but not really that much fan of the song. The ed song and images are great, Yachi got such an exciting scene in it.

Awesome episode with the intense volleyball and comedy action. Tsukki still best Karasuno and his hit is always my favorite to see. Especially Tsukikage banter. Will Kageyama ever not fall for it?

Ushiwaka getting much screen time, awesome. I need an Ushiwaka v Oikawa rematch, though ultimately a Shiratorizawa v Karasuno animated. S3 when.

Best moment
CQalYe2WgAAJLjP.png

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 01

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry 01

I thought i watched same show twice.
Overall both are bad but i will prefer Asterisk little more, because at least there won't be any Asterisk fans(are they even exist?) keep telling me "this time it's different!/creative!/not harem!(when harem means bad anyway?)" unlike Rakudai fans.

You wont have to worry about harems in either series.

Theres actually no harem in this two series, the protagonist in both enters relationship with the main girl pretty fast

Mandelbo

Went to the anime society today, and we watched two episodes from each of the following shows after they'd been voted on.

Beelzebub

Eh, it was ok. Baby Satan should put a damn nappy on or something. Humour didn't really resonate with me, but I guess it was alright. Serviceable.

Code Geass

Hadn't actually seen this before, but out of the three shows we watched this was probably the one that held my interest the most. Always got a chuckle out of "Yes, my lord!" but aside from that I was able to take it fairly seriously. I'm assuming that at some point we're going to see more of Suzaku and Lelouch's backstory, since they seem to know each other pretty well.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn

I feel this one was better than Beelzebub, but by this point I probably wasn't paying as much attention as I had been before. Reborn is a very silly name, but then this is a very silly show. Just how many wonderfully convenient bullet types does Reborn have? Tsuna should probably buy some thicker clothes that don't disintegrate every time he gets shot. I guess they'd be made out of the same material his boxer shorts are made of.

duckroll

I can confirm that Kekkai Sensen finished airing on MBS, and it seems BONES completed the episode. So now I guess the ball's in FUNi's court. Have they said anything yet?

Monogatari Second Season 18

monogatari_series_second_season-18-shinobu-vampire-blonde-arm-romance-loss-cherish-memories-art-beautiful.jpg
monogatari_series_second_season-18-shinobu-vampire-blonde-sleeping-immortal-garden-art-beautiful.jpg
IloiZcS.jpg

That hair is pushing into Shiki levels of ridiculousness

Interesting episode in a number of ways. Shinobu's monologue was by far the longest in the series so far and it was represented by what was essentially a story book. It was very pretty to look at, but atypical for the series thus far, usually flexing the directorial style to keep monologues visually interesting and stimulating but for this one episode, it works. This is Shinobu's background...but not the one people actually wanted. It's interesting that Kiss-Shot doesn't seem to be evil or malevolent. The line about 90% of vampires dying via suicide struck me as an odd detail. Also the detail that Araragi and the first minion call her Kiss-Shot, as opposed to Acerola Orion or Heart-Under-Blade like Ononoki and Kagenui. So many questions, no wonder people want Kizu. They could probably make an entire 1 cour season just on Kiss-Shot's travels over 400 years.

Kiss-Shot's power is ridiculous. "I jumped from Antarctica to Japan, landed in a lake, became a god and built my own shrine out of thin air." Well, no shit people would think you are a god, that's some Ancient Greek god stuff.

Blood Battlefront Blockade huh? Not even Funi can get the name right,

That isn't mutually exclusive with a harem.

Well

At least in cavalier where it would seem its a harem the other characters are not romantically interested in him and in some cases even declare so(They also understand he is in a relationship) At most its a love triangle with the little sister but she gives up fast

Now that i think about it, asterisk is the actual harem here.

Why are some people watching LN adaptations when they know it's garbage?

The day I realized most LNs are terrible is the day I gained enlightenment. Now that I look back at myself. I feel a bit disgusted of myself in the past. I initially thought some of them were good and eating that shit up. Life really does change you in unexpected ways.

Then again the only LN that I think is good is Baccano, Monogatari, and maybe something else I forgot.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The day I realized most if not all LNs are terrible is the day I gained enlightenment. Now that I look back at myself and initially thought they were good and eating that shit up. I now feel disgusted at myself back then. Life really does change you in unexpected ways.
When will you learn this life lesson in regards to manga adaptations?

Crocodile

Asterisk War-1
xZ6ZieF.jpg

I have no idea what this means

Why are some people watching LN adaptations when they know it's garbage?

The day I realized most LNs are terrible is the day I gained enlightenment. Now that I look back at myself, I feel a bit disgusted in myself. I initially thought some of them were good and eating that shit up. Life really does change you in unexpected ways.

Then again the only LN that I think is good is Baccano, Monogatari, and maybe something else I forgot.

Aren't Kino's Journey and Spice & Wolf revered LNs too?

When will you learn this life lesson in regards to manga adaptations?

No lies detected

Why are people watching LN adaptations when they know it's garbage?

The day I realized most if not all LNs are terrible is the day I gained enlightenment. Now that I look back at myself and initially thought they were good. I now feel disgusted at myself back then. Life really does change you in unexpected ways.

Because I have a combination of bad taste, too much free time and a loveless childhood, in which only battle harems can help to fill the void

Exalted

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 1

My favorite show of the fall season so far.
It has very likable charachters. It's similar to the old Utawarerumono, but still completely diferent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom