• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Mature

wow suddenly i feel inclined to actually watch all of case closed

(or just the movie where that's from)

EDIT: The driver only briefly flashes on screen, but that's a white top hat. Is it the Magic Kaito guy?
It's from Lupin vs. Conan: The Movie. On Hulu now! And that sure does look like Kaito, doesn't it?
It's actually Lupin in disguise.

It's worth noting for people who might not know: the series isn't known for huge action animation or anything. All that is reserved for the movies and specials like the few webms posted already.

I actually got into the series because I loved what I saw on Adult Swim too. I had a friend who, almost jokingly knowing the full length of the series, got me the first season on DVD. That was about 7 years ago and I sort of just fell in love with it. I just watched the show gradually and eventually caught up. It sounds like this big herculean task until you start watching it— not to finish it— but just to enjoy it. I didn't really care about getting caught up, I just watched it when I felt like it. But there was also a kind of allure to how big and impenetrable it was. I kept seeing this big picture with a ton of characters and wanted to know how they came into the story. It was rewarding in that way.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
This character is fucking awful.

VYubqOV.jpg

Clov

You know, I really should watch Osomatsu-san. I've heard mostly good things about it in this thread, and it looks interesting enough. I'll give it a shot when I have more free time.

Durarara X2 1-12 - Hoo, that is a hell of a cliffhanger. Excited that I get to watch The Second Arc right away, bummed that the final part won't be for a bit.

I mean, it isn't afraid to kill the main cast brutally. Doesn't that count for something?

I could appreciate it more if they actually killed people off in brutal ways, like mid sentence.

Instead it feels like the cast is trying to compete for who can have the brutal death scene. No one just dies.

They all having an elongated sequence about their life, and how much they want to live, while they're dying.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Since thats the most entertaining part, I guess. Really it just seems like a way to keep people invested without developing the characters at all since they are disposable.

Honestly I found myself incredibly irritated by the story and more motivated by the absurdity of the action and horror. And yeah, as the dude above said the bipolar tone shifts were fun.

The story is almost engineered to be ridiculous though.

Clov

I'm watching the Dirty Pair Project Eden movie right now and I'm loving it so far. The opening theme was great, the action scenes so far have been amazing, and I just got to the part with "Wattsmannnnn!" being sung and I practically just died laughing. This movie is just so much fun!

Line_HTX

This character is fucking awful.

VYubqOV.jpg

Oh HAIL. NAW! You do not denigrate Best Boss and get away with it!

I pretty much watched the show for Esdeath X
Tatsumi

All their moments made my youthful heart pound with angst.

Oh... You're okay in my book now. :)

I felt the angst and being mesmerized by Esdeath's fierceness and Toonami logo on her sternum.

Don't worry, I think mostly everyone did that.
Yandere love is the purest love there is.

Pretty sure it was
Esdeath's foot torture, lol

I always check in every month or so if any important Detective Conan episode are about to come up. Just checked and they have filler shit until the middle of January god damn it. That's like 4 months of straight filler/anime originals.

Mature

I always check in every month or so if any important Detective Conan episode are about to come up. Just checked and they have filler shit until the middle of January god damn it. That's like 4 months of straight filler/anime originals.
I think they're compensating since the manga has been on hiatus due to Aoyama's health.

pbayne

Wolf Children

I don't really want to say too much about this film because I feel Wolf Children is best watched when people don't know too much about the story. I will say this though. At times Wolf Children can be a heavy film to watch. But it can be heartwarming at the same time. It's a really good film and I recommend watching it if you haven't.

Have you seen the other Hosoda movies? His other movies do veer towards that Disney heartwarming type, so if you liked Wolf Children you'll probably like the rest.

Would definitely recommend the girl that leapt through time. And even Summer Wars is missable but enjoyable enough.

Joe Molotov

Alright so I'm putting this out here for you AnimeGAFfers that I keep an eye on like some dead relative who can't move on with their life. We old folks have saw the days of Smile Precure come by, a time where the community actually watched Precure and were exposed to a franchise that was made for a young audience. It is something that even darkside likes, despite not liking other series, including Heartcatch Precure.

So I am asking you who is willing to watch Glitter Force? The Saban Dub of Smile Precure? Would this be something even Shouta would watch for shits and giggles?

CVAhnqXU8AAnV5n.jpg:large

The dub as you can see is a "Netflix Original" (HA) and will start on December 18th. How will we see the dub get handled, beyond music changes (which I'm mixed on because the music blows already) and potential name changes thanks to ghetto 90s dubbing practices for kids shows?

Will it improve on things? Will they retain names, which is up in the air, given things like Digimon's strange localization of names? Who knows, what I want to know though, is are you willing to commit to watch Glitter Force and roll in the tears of our pain through this dub?

I'll watch a few to see what it's like at least. Smile was my first Precure series, so I have a soft spot for it even after watching all the rest of the meta-series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom