• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

The show somehow manages to be fun despite pandering to otakus all the time. The McD's scene with the jingle playing every couple scenes was strangely funny, as was seeing the girls get all worked up because the MC was merely touching their hands to help them push buttons for the crane game. I share your pain with Hakua-sama, since her character basically amounts to an autistic loli that has a crush on the MC and keeps undressing herself at random.

I literally just had to go through and retype that whole thing, lol. That is shy you do not work and try to type on a forum at the same time.. I'm surprised I didn;t somehow incorporate work terminology into that paragraph, lol.

Yeah, show is nothing special, but has made me laugh on several occasions, but they really need to get that chick off the set, her whole character is disturbing and really off-putting.... And them they have the other two girls being jealous of her on top of that..... damn otaku's...

Sölf;187410429 said:
Well, it would be hilarious if it would release without the steam. I am not sure what would make me more happy:
Such a game being the first in the "mainstream" (at least more mainstream than straight up hentai games) or the shitstorm that would definitly happen.

LOL, yeah, I doubt that will happen anytime soon, well outside of Japan anyhow..

Cornbread78

I try to give as many genre as possible a chance, but I haven't watched any sports of music anime.
Do you guys have an recommendations?

Incidentally I even gave ecchi harem shows a chance. I watched High School DxD,because I heard it's one of the best of it's kind.

Sports:
- Watch Cross Game, excellent, excellent, Excellent

Ecchi Harem (I've watched waay too many than I should admit to):

- Campione! (Excellent, Excellent, what a harem MC should be like....)
- Samurai Bride
(pretty good ecchi harem show with unique MC)
- Fruit of Grisaia
(starts as a school harem, but transforms into a completely different anime in the second season... worth the experience)
- The World only God Knows:
(this one is pretty good overall, no ecchi)
- Is This a Zombie?:
Watch this one for the comedy, laughed my butt off at times, just ignore the feeble attempts at a more serious tone, lol.

Music:
Both are great:

- Nodame Cantable
- Your Lie in April
You can watch both for the amazing music and feel good about it. You really need to wear headphones for both, but they are just that good, even if it is classiccal music and not J-Pop crap.

- White Album 2 also has a musical influence, but is much more drama and romance/love triangle focused

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I try to give as many genre as possible a chance, but I haven't watched any sports of music anime.

Incidentally I even gave ecchi harem shows a chance. I watched High School DxD,because I heard it's one of the best of it's kind.
Give that I hate this anime, chances are I probably don't like any of them ( or maybe it was just the lack of girls with pink hair or glasses).

Well , I guess some people also count Bakemonogatari as part of the genre, but I don't think these shows are comperable.

Sports of music anime...
Have you watched "Hibike! Euphonium"?
Story summary:The Kitauji high school concert band club had at one time participated in national tournaments and was a champion school, but after the club's adviser changed, they have not been able to even participate in the qualifying tournament. However, thanks to the newly appointed adviser's strict instruction, the students are steadily improving and build up their strength. (taken from wikipedia)

Sölf

Time for some more stuff:

Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun - Don't ask me what it was, I really liked this one. No idea why. It does nothing different then other shows, but I really enjoyed it. Also, dat ending!

Amaenaideyo! - The main character is the reincarnation of a really powerful monk (or most powerful even?). But his power only awakens when he becomes sexually aroused. It's funny as hell. 2 seasons and I am still waiting for a third which will never come. ;___;

Szadek

Sports of music anime...
Have you watched "Hibike! Euphonium"?
I think I will start with this one.
I'm currently watching Shokugeki, Fairy Tail , Ore Monogatari and Nisemonogatari.
As you can see it, lacks shows about cute girls. The anime is short and apperently very popular,so it's probably a good place to start.

Sölf

I think I will start with this one.
I'm currently watching Shokugeki, Fairy Tail , Ore Monogatari and Nisemonogatari.
As you can see it, lacks shows about cute girls. The anime is short and apperently very popular,so it's probably a good place to start.

BRUH!

latest

Qurupeke

I wanted to post that yesterday but I forgot. The whole scene had been fantastic. Obviously spoilers.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica 4

So, Sayako is the first one to succumb in the mahou shoujo business. That Kyouko girl probably means bad news, I'm afraid that saying someone will get beaten up in this show, is equivalent to a terrifying scene. I still can't believe that
Mami died. I hoped that she was just very injured, even though the witch ate her head... Smug girl will be missed.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica 5

Man, this anime. It puts to shame other so called action animes with those fight scenes. Kyubey continues to persuade Madoka on becoming a magical girl, even in a critical moment, this cat thing is so creepy.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica 6

Oh my god. That was quite the grim explanation for the magic powers... This show is so dark and creepy. Every episode has been mostly creepy fights and dark secrets one after the other.
Madoka killing her friend for an instant, she is just so dumb. The mother seems to give the most awful advices ever.

Qurupeke

Mob Psycho 100 anime announced. From the mangaka who brought us the original One Punch Man webcomic.

http://mobpsycho100.com/

What. WHAT. Holy shit, this is great news. I wonder how the art style will be. Also, Mob Psycho is essentially a better OPM, with psychics instead of heroes. It has enough content for a great season, I can already see what the end point is. +it has Reigen

Hagi

I'm a bit stunned that it's getting an adaptation but guess they are trying to jump on that OPM hype? I think the OPM manga is selling pretty well in English so hopefully VIZ bring over Mob next year.

Excited to see what Bones will do with it.

Szadek

Sölf;187418178 said:
Megumi is adorable, but I need a bit more than just her.
I usally try watch 1 show like that.
After dropping Hidan no Aria AA I forgot to start another show about cute girls.

Kyuur

Mob Psycho 100 anime announced. From the mangaka who brought us the original One Punch Man webcomic.

http://mobpsycho100.com/

Hell yes. I wasn't reading it with no Murata version available, secretly hoping for an anime.

A good question is why is this a thing though. They don't actually release volumes for this do they? It is significantly more 'cult' than OPM I think.

Hell yes. I wasn't reading it with no Murata version available, secretly hoping for an anime.

A good question is why is this a thing though. They don't actually release volumes for this do they? It is significantly more 'cult' than OPM I think.

Ironically, Mob Psycho is ONE main project while OPM started as a side project just for fun.

Hagi

They absolutely release volumes for it because I have two sitting to the right of me. :p

It is a webcomic but it's published by Shogakukan and appears in one of their online publications afaik.

Szadek

Sound! Euphonium - Ep 1
Very good first episode. The show looks really nice and the character design are great.
The most interesting character interaction can from Kumiko and Reina ,because the apperently have different goals and ambitions.
I will definitive watch more of it.

Hagi

Well even Blame! got an announcement this year, so everything is possible at this point. A Dorohedoro anime would be amazing.

There's going to be a new Blame? colour me surprised. Maybe Biomega isn't far behind, Sidonia seems relatively popular.

Dorohedoro is amazing yeah, I'll hold out hope for an anime.

Ascheroth

Line_HTX

Give that I hate this anime, chances are I probably don't like any of them ( or maybe it was just the lack of girls with pink hair or glasses).

Well , I guess some people also count Bakemonogatari as part of the genre, but I don't think these shows are comperable.

Since you're already watching Sound Euphonium, AKA FGC anime of the year, I'll give you Eyeshield 21 for sports anime. Kuroko's Basketball is fine too. Eyeshield is the only real anime about American Football, lol.

Squishy3

For sports, there's a good chunk of what to choose that's good, although I haven't watched all of what's on this list and it's just taken from AnimeGAF impressions.

Hajime no Ippo (Boxing) This one is probably my personal favorite, the supporting cast is amazing and while some of the fights tend to get more ridiculous in terms of just how much damage a boxer can take but nobody gets super powers or anything
Ashita no Joe (Another boxing anime) This is a classic.
Kuroko's Basketball May or may not involve literal superpowers. I'll let you decide for yourself.
Slam Dunk (Another basketball anime)
Baby Steps (Tennis) Haven't watched this one but always generally see good things about it
Yowamushi Pedal Same as above
Haikyuu (Volleyball) Only watched the first season, but it's really good and has a good supporting cast. Excellent animation as well.

Don't really have a whole lot on the music front, but:
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. It's really good. The only sad part is the anime ends early and it'll probably never see a continuation, even though they fully intended to continue it.

For sports I think these five are must watches

Oofuri : Baseball follows a schools first baseball team with some middle school standouts as they grow and become more confident and go through the tournaments and school games.

Ace of Diamond: Serious baseball series where its mainly just training or just games/tournaments. Plenty of development spread beyond just the main two pitchers. Suspenseful, great music, excellent visuals.

Ginga E Kickoff : Best soccer anime out there, realistic and follows a bunch of kids joining their local neighborhood baseball team to become number 1 in Ginga! Great cast of adults and kids alike and they do some fun stuff outside of games.

Haikyuu!! : Most masterful sports anime with numerous lovable teams that show up continuously and are well developed. Only flaw are that there are some throwaway teams people should care more for. But I love the character design extensively, the drama, tension, and training,

Free! : Is there anything better than boys in close friendship swimming and growing together? Its perfect.

So caught up with all of Owawrimonogatari.

Sodachi's arc was exceptionally well done though I'm not quite sure I like the concluding episode as much as the five preceding it.

The next arc, Shinobu Mail, isn't quite as strong but still trucking along well in good old Monogatari series fashion.

pbayne

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet One Outs. Really charismatic protagonist. Its kind of like what if Akagi played baseball.

Qurupeke

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica 7

Sayaka may get wrecked in the battle but she totally destroyed the other girl in their conversation. Not even the tragic past of Kyouko shacked her. Poor Sayaka can't catch even a break though and she seems to slowly lose her sanity. Fucking Kyojiro is a piece of shit.

I just love how unique the art style is in every battle. This one was rather awesome with all of these shadow effects.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/41iQWSK.jpg[/img]

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica 8

What an emotional rollercoaster of an episode. Sayaka really did it this time.
RIP. And finally some more insight on what these "magical girls" are. If I understand correctly, Kyubey makes magical girls which are essentially just the early stage of a witch? I still wonder how Homura fits in all of these, and why she's so obsessive with Madoka. My best bet is she's an alternate version of some character, but I am not really sure. With alternate universes in the game, there are a ton of possibilities.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica 9

:'(
I expected Kyubey being evil, but other than extremely creepy, it's a neutral being. Its ways are against what someone would consider good, but still it's not like it has any bad intent anyway...

...Nevermind. That little shit had all of it planned, right? It just want to turn Madoka in a magical girl, no matter who dies... RIP Kyouko... That fight was great, with classical music playing during it. It was really futile of me to expect a happy conclusion for these characters, this show just wants despair for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom