• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Should I watch the movie or not? lol I'd be up for more, but if it really fucks everything that was established so far, I can pass if there isn't any other redeeming quality.

Rebellion felt like an interesting way to continue the series after the ending we got in the anime, but it looks like the movie has a love-it-or-hate it relationship with people who liked the latter.

Mob Psycho 100 anime announced. From the mangaka who brought us the original One Punch Man webcomic.

http://mobpsycho100.com/

Well, time to read.

Araragi forgets Sodachi

I would bet it has something to do with Tsukihi. More specifically, the phoenix which seems to be the cause of all the trouble if Gaen is to be believed (Which is a yes.) I found it more odd that Sodachi could ignore a rotting body for so long. The smell alone...and it takes a long, long, long time for a corpse to turn into a skeleton, but her mother seemed to just disintegrate so maybe it was supernatural stuff. I dunno, there were a few odd loose ends in that arc.

Neat. Will read.

Sölf;187460268 said:
Don't listen to this guy. He has a weird avatar and probably smells like lies!

Weird? Sir, I'll have you know that my avatar is the face of the great Shin Getter Robo, one of the greatest designed super robots of all time, thank you very much!

2-gettas01yx0.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Owarimonogatari 09
I've tried to be somewhat lenient towards the production side of this show but this episode was just too much. It's so painfully thoughtless and inept. The episode ends with over ten minutes of painful monologue work void of any interaction with other characters. In the past Meme Oshino's explanations would often be split to divulge information in the middle of an exorcism, whether it came through flashbacks, reinterpretation through another character, or given while the process itself was being preformed.

This particular episode's unrestrained fourth wall breaking just stretched to an eternity, becoming almost the sole vehicle for the backstory to be laid out in what became an excruciating stretch of low quality design work. There's wide angle shots of characters standing in front of ruins/buildings and when it cuts to them there's just bamboo shoots in the background. It's endemic of how little care is put into the environments/locations to make them seem like a used space or stage. Bakemonogatari was actually rather competent in this area, but Owarimonogatari just kind of rambles off into metacommentary visualizations that lack both quality and cohesion.

Garo - The Crimson Moon - 07

A decent, or dare I even say good episode! The personal stake of Seimei was interesting and also shed some light on her background and motivations.

More stuff on Horrors and Alchemists mythology and how they operate is also nice to see. I am having a bit of trouble remembering and connecting all those ranks and positions, such as the douma and what not.
The fight wasn't anything spectacular, but this time it was at least a bit more creative than the usual "Block and kill". CG still sticks out like a sore thumb though.

Jaxec

Osomatsu-San 9

I loved this episode so much. Best episode of the show. The second half of the episode was just so beautiful to watch and I found myself really invested in what was going on. I really enjoyed how it played out and how subtle the cause was presented. It wasn't in your face and did an exceptional job. I was having a hard time deciding what my favorite show of the fall season was, but with this episode I'm confident to say that Osomatsu-san is indeed that show.

This episode also succeeded in reaffirming my love for Juushimatsu. I had always loved his character, but watching more of him this episode just pulled my heartstrings. My favorite of the brothers by far. I do love all the brothers, but if I had to ram them it would go like this:

Juushimatsu
Ichimatsu
Karamatsu
Osomatsu
Todomatsu
Choromatsu

Russ T

Banned
I honestly rarely have problems watching things on Crunchyroll. If I do, it's with a specific show (Blast of Tempest was really bad for some reason, realllly bad).

I used to have a lot of problems, though.

Cornbread78

I honestly rarely have problems watching things on Crunchyroll. If I do, it's with a specific show (Blast of Tempest was really bad for some reason, realllly bad).

Never had any issues with Crunchy unless I have a poor connection.

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 8

Well that's certainly one way to make your crew family Naze. I'm

Orga messes up for the first time which I liked. Can't have him get his way all the time lest you turn him into a marty stu. Not bad overall.

I have problems with Funi on my work pc, all of a sudden if I pause the video will go black and thats it, otherwise works perfect on my chromebooks, pc, tablets and phone.

I think Hulu works great through pc connected to tv (can retain sub settings otherwise you get the white text on blackbackground for subs).

CR works great everywhere for me, but on mobile and tablets sometimes youre stuck in low quality settings.

Utawarerumono - Itsuwari no Kamen - 08

Huh, I wasn't expecting the show to suddenly turn so violent and somewhat gory. I do like the small sense of risk it brings to the table though.
The unusual amount of focus on eyes stood out to me, along with an emphasis on goofy facial expressions. Not to mention the cool art used for the backstory.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The english dub for Unlimited Blade Works S2 is out on Netflix. They did alter the scene where scene argues with Archer about being correct doesn't mean is right. It's better. Too bad the directing sucks and there is like no emotion in these voice acting scenes.

Moaradin

The english dub for Unlimited Blade Works S2 is out on Netflix. They did alter the scene where scene argues with Archer about being correct doesn't mean is right. It's better. Too bad the directing sucks and there is like no emotion in these voice acting scenes.

That sucks to hear. Fate/Zero had a really great dub.

ibyea

Banned
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica [END]

This ending. That was so epic, but so sad too. I didn't expect it to become so emotional and I have to say that it really got me, especially this scene with Madoka's parents and the one with the violin. The series was, more or less, excellent. As I said, I didn't expect it to be like that. Dark, creepy, terrifying, these are words that can perfectly describe it. It was a tragic story for almost all the characters.
Poor Sayaka didn't survive, again. :(

I'm not sure if this was a subversion of the magical girl trope, which more or less it was, based on my little experience with the genre, but it was a complete subversion of my expectations. As I said, I was prepared, knowing that this isn't a happy go lucky anime, but in the end it was far from it, as the "happy" moments were only a handful, which I personally didn't expect at all.

Another thing I loved is the whole style of the series. The colours are perfect for this. Scenes with many light colours, scenes with a mix of dark and light colours and a lot of "sunset" colours. The use of them was just so good. The weird, more realistic images that appeared during the fights also helped to form this eerie atmosphere in the show. Shaft are really doing an amazing work when they present such stuff.

Oh, and what movies should I watch now? Are all of them just recaps?

Do watch Rebellion. You may or may not hate it, I can't predict individual reactions in the case of this movie. At least me personally I feel like it was worth it even if it wasn't the best thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom