• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Danganronpa anime confirmed

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/671946526797643776

REMINDER TO PLAY THE GAMES AND NOT TO WATCH THE SHIT ANIME

http://animeanime.jp/article/2015/12/02/25928.html
発表された新作も、岸誠二総監督、制作はラルケと前作の体制を引き継ぐ形で制作される。さらにシナリオ構成に『がっこうぐらし!』の原作を手がけたニトロプラスの海法紀光さんが入る。

Kishi Seiji will still be the chief director, but not only that.
This guy will be the series composition lol.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=118667

http://animeanime.jp/article/2015/12/02/25928.html
発表された新作も、岸誠二総監督、制作はラルケと前作の体制を引き継ぐ形で制作される。さらにシナリオ構成に『がっこうぐらし!』の原作を手がけたニトロプラスの海法紀光さんが入る。

Kishi Seiji will still be the chief director, but not only that.
This guy will be the series composition lol.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=118667

lol. Of course it's Kishi.

Somewhat unrelated but the Indivisible game campaign got funded, and one of the stretch goals is that the intro will be done by a 'mystery anime studio'

Signs point towards Trigger but you never know. Hopefully it reaches it.

Mature

Euphonium movie will air on April 23rd.

CVM8kf7U8AA4w4w.jpg:large

So hopefully season 2 will start by October I hope?
I'm just excited for Thoraxes at this point.

You say that, but most of his not-vidya-game stuff is generally pretty well received.

I mean I guess that would apply to Angel Beats and the like depending on how one interprets "generally," but it's not really a sentiment I share. He has duds outside of the video game adaptation business.

I watched the anime, but I haven't played any of the games...in order to do that, I'd have to get a Vita...

...and I'm not gonna do that. Because Vita means death.

I'm not dying to play the game though. If I hadn't borrowed my friend's Vita back in college to play P4G I could have used the excuse to play those games AND P4G.

But like his younger brother PS4 with the ladies, PSV ain't got no game.

RIP Mauricio. Losing too many connoisseurs of cute lately.

RIP

My biggest problem with the DR anime was it was a super condensed low effort adaptation that could barely even be called the game in motion with how little animation there was. It was nothing more than a shittier alternative to playing the game.

An original story on the other hand is different. It doesn't even need to have good animation for me to be satisfied. Kodaka writing means I'm in.

Thoraxes

I'm just excited for Thoraxes at this point.

:D

I still plan on doing writeups for the last episodes I didn't do them for, too. Work has been pretty these past few months but I gave myself two weeks off at the end of the year. Though, I have enough time saved up to take all of December off if I wanted.

Jintor

i don't understand, if you survive more than a month and you wear your heart on your sleeve like that, you probably have the skillset necessary to survive forever

my VPN ran out and i'm waiting for the christmas sale so I'll gonna start utena since I have the dvds right here

duckroll

Caught up on Concrete Revolutio finally. It's getting pretty damn entertaining imo. The inherent problems with the narrative suffering from insufficient runtime continues to be there, but I like how the stories are pretty varied and actually have some substance to them. Not as great as Space Dandy in terms of execution, but there's some good intent there. The latest episode actually felt pretty self contained and complete, and it's the first one not written by Aikawa. Lol.

pbayne

Sölf;187528458 said:
Well, they could always make a comeback! But yeah, a show around Death Devil would be nice. Just give me my metal anime fix, pls! ;___;

There is always Detroit Metal City

duckroll

Honestly is better to blame the fact that it is very hard to adapt Video Game anime instead blaming on the director.

When a director shows a consistent work history of being more than willing to take on tons of low quality work just to get stuff released, with little or no passion to it, it is fine to blame the director regardless of the "challenge". Directing shows isn't a slavery, it's a conscious career choice.

Caught up on Concrete Revolutio finally. It's getting pretty damn entertaining imo. The inherent problems with the narrative suffering from insufficient runtime continues to be there, but I like how the stories are pretty varied and actually have some substance to them. Not as great as Space Dandy in terms of execution, but there's some good intent there. The latest episode actually felt pretty self contained and complete, and it's the first one not written by Aikawa. Lol.

Apparently the episode was written by the guy who wrote the very first episode of Sazae-san, which the episode's story referenced. So that's kind of neat.

Honestly is better to blame the fact that it is very hard to adapt Video Game anime instead blaming on the director.

Adapting video games has inherent challenges, but Kishi's work outside game adaptations shows that he's not exactly a skilled director no matter the source material.

DiGiKerot

Wasn't this weeks episode written by the scriptwriter for the very first episode of Sazae-San? That's pretty high-tier staffing given the specific content of the episode!

(Kinda feel like the Earth-chan episode has been my favourite so far, but I'm finding Concrete to be one of my most consistently entertaining shows of the season most weeks)

rrvv

Adapting video games has inherent challenges, but Kishi's work outside game adaptations shows that he's not exactly a skilled director no matter the source material.

Not saying Kishi is great director. But I dislike how people simply blame the director or studio without understanding the challenge of creating anime in first place.

Say is there anyone in industry who can do Video game adaption good consistently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom