• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saprol

someone linked me to ANN's top 5 anime survey. i think it's pretty obvious where to send the votes

tzynqef.png

Sabagebu! - 2
This show is unreal.
hell yeah momoka

John Blade

Just re watching Grave of the Fireflies right now in HD and man, it look much nicer than I expect. Will post an impression about this movie but very quick as most people here already watch it and know the theme of the movie.

tumblr_mte933hkka1syfoijo4_500.gif

Cornbread78

Just re watching Grave of the Fireflies right now in HD and man, it look much nicer than I expect. Will post an impression about this movie but very quick as most people here already watch it and know the theme of the movie.

tumblr_mte933hkka1syfoijo4_500.gif

This is the next movie I have to watch soon. Wolf Children as well.

Moaradin

Fate Zero dub is good except a few VA's here and there. Like the Tohsaka Dad, his VA did ass work.

But Liam O'Brien was in it, and so was the voice of Lu Bu/Nier. It was a Nier reunion so whoever says it sucks is wrong

Fate/Zero had Liam O'Brien, Matthew Mercer, and Crispin Freeman in it. So it can't be bad.

Cornbread78

Hyouka ep.16-18:
Very interesting conclusion to the cultural fair arc. It's fun trying to figure out how he pieces these things togeth r in the most obscure ways. Oreki is an interesting dude. Satoshi getting all jelly at getting bear non stop, lol. After that sensei arc, you can kinda see how they are starting to ship Chitanda and Oreki, well, at least we know he's got something going on for her, lol. 6 episodes left..

The Diary of Ochibi

If you haven't watched this delightful stop-motion short, drop what you're doing and seek it out right now. The character of Ochibi is utterly delightful, and the way real world objects are used to illustrate the four seasons is evocative on so many levels. This level of joyful creativity warms my soul. Perhaps my favorite of the Animator Expo shorts (so far).

Clov

I can't think of an Animator Expo short I liked more than Ochibi. It's incredible to look at, and it's easily the most impressive on a technical level.

Russ T

Banned
All I've done today is watch a couple more episodes of Space Brothers.

Hibito's at the bottom of a ravine!

Honestly, I'm glad this happened. This is basically the first Bad Thing to happen in the entire show. Of course I know they'll make it out, because that's the kind of show this is, but almost everything's been perfectly smooth sailing up to this point. It's kind of... unrealistic. But hey I knew what I signed up for.

The most important things are 1) it makes me feel good like I can do anything I want to do and 2) SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Yeah all right.

---

Also Sabagebu is fuckin' ace, so everyone should watch it.

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 42

You know, I have a love-hate relationship with the go abroad to fulfill dream or stay home to fight evil episodes. Hate because I hate the premise since the conclusion is even more obvious than they usually are, and it's kind of sours on the whole dreams thing. Love because they tend to focus on my favorite characters and be very well executed. This episode follows the same trend. Good to see everyone in-universe is caught up in Twinkle sawg. Not really any angst this time though, probably because she's only going abroad for a few days. So it's just Kirara being awesome and her knowing it. And a cute assistant. Minami even gets a nice scene setting up future development. Towa proves her roommate worth. As always the bad guys have perfect timing. Nice fight, and the new attack is cool. Kirara puts up a nice act even when she's bummed down, but her more important convictions are still strong. Next episode should be interesting.

Sterok

Aikatsu 161

Nina needs to join the main cast pronto. Calculated comedy is a wonderful thing, and those sproing hair things are wonderful too. Much cooler than Nono and Risa already. Too bad she's going to be yet another one-off character... wait, she's getting her own dance? Sweet. Very stylish. And she's recurring. This show picked the right character to bring into the fray. Too bad she'll be about on Miyabi's level at best, but hey, even that much is more than I expected.

pbayne

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica [END]

This ending. That was so epic, but so sad too. I didn't expect it to become so emotional and I have to say that it really got me, especially this scene with Madoka's parents and the one with the violin. The series was, more or less, excellent. As I said, I didn't expect it to be like that. Dark, creepy, terrifying, these are words that can perfectly describe it. It was a tragic story for almost all the characters.
Poor Sayaka didn't survive, again. :(

I'm not sure if this was a subversion of the magical girl trope, which more or less it was, based on my little experience with the genre, but it was a complete subversion of my expectations. As I said, I was prepared, knowing that this isn't a happy go lucky anime, but in the end it was far from it, as the "happy" moments were only a handful, which I personally didn't expect at all.

Another thing I loved is the whole style of the series. The colours are perfect for this. Scenes with many light colours, scenes with a mix of dark and light colours and a lot of "sunset" colours. The use of them was just so good. The weird, more realistic images that appeared during the fights also helped to form this eerie atmosphere in the show. Shaft are really doing an amazing work when they present such stuff.

Oh, and what movies should I watch now? Are all of them just recaps?

Glad you liked it. Watch some more magic girl shows and you'll realise Madoka doesn't really subvert its tropes that much. There are shows like Utena or Cardcaptor Sakura that goes into far darker, more physiological territory then Madoka does.

What about that music though? Very close to the greatest OST ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom