• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxec

Gintama 300

Strong start to a very serious arc. I was laughing uncontrollably throughout. I really love this series! Anyway we're finally here and it's gonna be one hell of a ride.

Wasn't this weeks episode written by the scriptwriter for the very first episode of Sazae-San? That's pretty high-tier staffing given the specific content of the episode!

(Kinda feel like the Earth-chan episode has been my favourite so far, but I'm finding Concrete to be one of my most consistently entertaining shows of the season most weeks)
Bring back Judas.

Qurupeke

Gintama 300

ovkHzyF.png

lol I died laughing with this. Oh and when Kamui punched Nobunobu. lol

Anyway... HOLY SHIT WHAT. That last scene. Shit got real so fast, I didn't expect that. Next episode has Okita vs Kamui apparently, so it will be godlike.

Phatmac

This is it. The biggest arc that will completely change Gintama as the story finally reveals itself. Despite all the drama I'm still glad the show can have lots of dick jokes. I'm glad Zenzo and the ninja clan are finally getting some more backstory has his character has been underused for most of the story. This arc should only continue to get crazier after this episodes' cliffhanger do buckle up fuckers. Man seeing that tool get crushed by Kamui was great. God have I missed Kamui and how badass he is. Only disappointing part was no new OP considering it doesn't capture the dramatic nature of the show. It still feels like an ED. At least they added more scenes but it isn't enough.

Moaradin

This is it. The biggest arc that will completely change Gintama as the story finally reveals itself. Despite all the drama I'm still glad the show can have lots of dick jokes. I'm glad Zenzo and the ninja clan are finally getting some more backstory has his character has been underused for most of the story. This arc should only continue to get crazier after this episodes' cliffhanger do buckle up fuckers. Man seeing that tool get crushed by Kamui was great. God have I missed Kamui and how badass he is. Only disappointing part was no new OP considering it doesn't capture the dramatic nature of the show. It still feels like an ED. At least they added more scenes but it isn't enough.

I'm sure they'll be a new OP for this arc. Gintama rotates them pretty often and we should get a new one soon. Especially if this arc is as long as people say it is.

Phatmac

I'm sure they'll be a new OP for this arc. Gintama rotates them pretty often and we should get a new one soon. Especially if this arc is as long as people say it is.
They should've done it for this episode considering how big this arc will be. Hopefully it changes sooner rather than later.

New Danganronpa anime confirmed

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/671946526797643776

REMINDER TO PLAY THE GAMES AND NOT TO WATCH THE SHIT ANIME

I see what they are doing. I mean the mediums in Japan I'm sure are more closely tied than here. How many anime get adaptations, or games, or manga, etc. I'm sure the crowed they are after will easily carry over. The writer probably wants to start anew with V3 on the Vita (which looks awesome BTW, a cyborg MC waaaat) and finish Hope's Peak story through anime. It didn't quite work before, since it was a bit rushed but I have faith.

Also this being Kazutaka Kodaka and all, I wouldn't be surprised if the anime and game tied together at some point. Like characters from on being gone on one side for a bit just to show up on the other. That would be kind of cool.

Euphonium movie will air on April 23rd.

CVM8kf7U8AA4w4w.jpg:large

So hopefully season 2 will start by October I hope?

KyoAni never ceases to amaze in the visuals department. This poster is gorgeous.

duckroll

Wasn't this weeks episode written by the scriptwriter for the very first episode of Sazae-San? That's pretty high-tier staffing given the specific content of the episode!

(Kinda feel like the Earth-chan episode has been my favourite so far, but I'm finding Concrete to be one of my most consistently entertaining shows of the season most weeks)

The Earth-chan episode was pretty odd. I think I would have liked it more if there's a bit more development and expansion on the ideas they've been playing around with each week. The problem with a lot of episodes is that they all feel linked as a part of a "big picture" thing, but as individual stories it ends up feeling more like a "best hits" highlights reel of what the story is, rather than the full story itself. Kinda frustrating.

Lmao, just when I thought "well, looks there isn't a questionable ass-shot this time" they show the end of that same scene from the previous trailer.

Other than that it looks pretty darn generic but I can't understand anything that's said, so maybe there's merit in there.

You sure have some serious problem with ass-shot.

kewlmyc

http://animeanime.jp/article/2015/12/02/25928.html
発表された新作も、岸誠二総監督、制作はラルケと前作の体制を引き継ぐ形で制作される。さらにシナリオ構成に『がっこうぐらし!』の原作を手がけたニトロプラスの海法紀光さんが入る。

Kishi Seiji will still be the chief director, but not only that.
This guy will be the series composition lol.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=118667

His track record with video game adaptions is mediocre, but he's great when it comes to comedy. My Bride is a Mermaid is amazing.

Also having DR1, DR2, and persumably AE tie into an anime finale, while DR2 was never made into an anime is kinda odd. It really limits who's going to be able to watch/appreciate it.

NeonZ

His track record with video game adaptions is mediocre, but he's great when it comes to comedy. My Bride is a Mermaid is amazing.

Its been so long since Seto no Hanayome though... The only other comedy focused work there seems to be Carnival Phantasm.

Caught up on Concrete Revolutio finally. It's getting pretty damn entertaining imo. The inherent problems with the narrative suffering from insufficient runtime continues to be there, but I like how the stories are pretty varied and actually have some substance to them. Not as great as Space Dandy in terms of execution, but there's some good intent there. The latest episode actually felt pretty self contained and complete, and it's the first one not written by Aikawa. Lol.

It's something that's been done before obviously, but I've always been a fan of shows that take real life events and put a supernatural twist on them.

The eternal POW in the last episode was clearly a reference to Kazuo Sakamaki.

And maybe to an extent, that's why Concrete Revolutio hasn't been received very well. I mean it has problems, don't get me wrong, but where Space Dandy was largely made for American anime viewers, Concrete Revolutio feels like it made for Japanese viewers.

Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note Episode 9 – The Backyard Knows Part 1

An adult would really dumb trash in a schoolyard, thats dirty.

Oh well, need more on Uesugi, he has to be tied into the backyard dumping somehow.

Wakatake will save him.
CVO3EUxWUAAzN5I.png

Ascheroth

Gintama - 299

Ahahaha, the Dragon Quest parody killed me.
And then the Tama-part came along and was really emotional, even though it was about a vending machine. Man, Gintama is so good.

Gintama - 300

Oh god, I was laughing throughout most of the episode, especially everytime the 'doubles' were involved. Hilarious.
And then the end happened and shiiiiiiiiiiiiit got real. I mean I know what's going to happen, but this was still a OMG moment.
Prepare yourself, for this was only the beginning.

Qurupeke

Reading the Danganronpa thread, I think it would be pretty awesome to have a 999/VLR anime... and then I remember that this would be pretty much impossible to do... lol

duckroll

And maybe to an extent, that's why Concrete Revolutio hasn't been received very well. I mean it has problems, don't get me wrong, but where Space Dandy was largely made for American anime viewers, Concrete Revolutio feels like it made for Japanese viewers.

I don't really think Space Dandy is made "for American anime viewers" so much as it was made with a broader audience in mind. There's still a lot of very Japanese stuff in it, but it's mixed with various other elements which an international audience would also be familiar with. Not necessarily just Americans.

Concrete Revolutio is very much culturally linked to Japan though, but that was basically to be expected given how the writer/creator is a huge Japanese history/culture buff and the entire intention of the project was to create a very Japanese flavored version of contemporary superhero deconstructions like Watchmen, Marvels, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, etc.

Gintama - 300

That sure was a cliffhanger! I was also hoping for a new OP since the current song seems too upbeat. I actually think that the added scenes make the OP worse since they clash with visual aesthetic and don't match the song.

Those are some nice backgrounds! Other than that it seems pretty damn generic and I have zero confidence that they will be able to maintain the quality of the backgrounds throughout the whole show.

phaze

Revolutionary Girl Nanami 06

You know your school is fucked when an assortment of wild animals running through it at their leisure isn't even it's biggest issue.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 07

Not this time Ikuhara ... After going through two of your later shows I know exactly what I should expect from a character called Yuri.

Squishy3

I hope the new voice of AKU is good. Man that show was amazing. Wonder if it still holds up.
They might use whoever they got to voice Iroh in Korra. That guy did an ok job.

Seriously, what a month tho. Guts is off the boat, Jojo's is finally progressing past part 3 in animated form with a trailer this month, now all that's left is for Pierrot to finish Naruto and Luffy to find One Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom