• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Hyouka ep.19-21
Ok, this is suddenly getting much better. I really liked how they incorporated the "mystery of the day" aspect of the show into some concrete relationship development for Satoshi and Ibara. It's a shame we weren't able to hear the phone call Satoshi made to her.... Either way,c when does the Chitanda x Oreki shipping begin now?

There's like a whole scene in episode 2 or 3 about how he she makes him feel.

John Blade

Don't know if I should post here but do anyone here heard an android app call Anime Amino. It look like an anime forum and wondering if anyone here join it.

Canon

Banned
Don't know if I should post here but do anyone here heard an android app call Anime Amino. It look like an anime forum and wondering if anyone here join it.
Forneverworld posted about it. It's exactly what you think it is.

(I'm not gonna post his video because that could be seen as advertising or some shit, but you can search for it on YouTube.)

Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Erina is the best. She's so amazing.

Uuggh.
tumblr_inline_nqqb0jWGSq1rk3q45_540.png

TheRancor

Venus Wars is also on my To Watch List, hopefully I get around to watching it.
I must say that out of the 3 Yoshikazu Yasuhiko movies, I enjoyed his Crusher Joe movie the most, just a straight up shameless sci fi adventure. Though Venus Wars certainly has eyecandy (odd first person live action sequences aside), I never quite connected with the plot or the plight of its characters.

Tokyo Godfathers

And another fantastic Kon piece. This one doesn't implement dazzling transitions as Millennium Actress and Perfect Blue and tells a more grounded, albeit still fantastical, story. There's also more comedy in here than those previous works and it would appear as if Kon is quite good at it, too.

The more I watch of his works, the further my regret for his young death growths. These 3 films I've seen so far were all unique and very well done. There's no question we're missing out on some more excellent works he would've created if he were still alive and directing :(
Tremendous character animation with some of my favorite character acting in anime. There are also some making of's you can find on youtube that are fairly interesting.

I also recommend you check out Magnetic Rose if you haven't, which is part of the Memories anthology film, written by Kon/directed by Morimoto.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tonight's the night to finish GTO

I forgot how many months I've been watching this.
Time to watch the jdramas!

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. All of KyoAni's TV shows have aired at late-night, and not on NTV, and so are aimed, at least partially, at otaku. Certainly Full Metal Panic and Haruhi LN adaptations, all of the Key VN adaptations, and Lucky Star had otaku as their main target demographic. K-ON, as a Manga Time Kirara seinen manga adaptation, is also an otaku-aimed series in its original form. Yamada moved the anime in a more mainstream direction, especially in the second season and movie, and she continued to direct stories with mainstream appeal with Tamako Market and Sound Euphonium. Her next project, the feature film adaptation of A Silent Voice, a manga published in Weekly Shounen Magazine, is her most mainstream project yet, and is likely to get a wide theatrical distribution, reaching a much broader audience than any of KyoAni's prior projects have.

If you have this conception that KyoAni is made up of a bunch of cynical businessmen who are only in the anime business to make money by exploiting gullible otaku, that isn't substantiated by the facts.
Well, like I said, Chuu2, Free, KnK, Amagi Park... certainly feels different from the couple of shows they did before that. If Sound Euphonium is all about girls kissing, I don't know if that's aiming for the mainstream either.

Well, like I said, Chuu2, Free, KnK, Amagi Park... certainly feels different from the couple of shows they did before that. If Sound Euphonium is all about girls kissing, I don't know if that's aiming for the mainstream either.

I haven't even watched the show, and I know this is completely false!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Erina is the best. She's so amazing.

And you wonder why I give you a hard time. Erina was by far the worst of the girls in my marathon viewing. One dimensional, boring, predictable, and the epitome of a trope gone terribly wrong.

ibyea

Banned

lol, I think you may have gotten some false impressions along the way.

There were some who swore Naruto was ending up with anyone but Hinata too. I can see it happening here as well with Soma and Megumi.

Though if they got together, they'd have an issue both running each of their own family's restaurants with how far apart the diner and ryokan are from each other.

Sasuke clearly has interest in Naruto and same for Naruto too. Ive yet to uncover any canon evidence suggesting otherwise and it appears the fandom has yet to identify how the outcome came to be anything but SasuNaru.

Soma will clearly end up with Taku, there is no evidence to strongly suggest or highly imply that they are not already in a relationship with each other. Taku is clearly open about his feelings for Soma physical both ways too. More substantial motivations and development occurs with SoTaku than Tadokoro, Erina, or even Nikumi.

Megumi Isami is the only likely outcome I see for her.

Squishy3

There were some who swore Naruto was ending up with anyone but Hinata too. I can see it happening here as well with Soma and Megumi.

Though if they got together, they'd have an issue both running each of their own family's restaurants with how far apart the diner and ryokan are from each other.
The Naruto and Sakura fans' meltdowns were amazing.

Joe Molotov

As long as they aren't lewd you're probably fine.

Nah, it's not lewd. At least not yet, anyway.

I think I posted a few weeks ago that my friend was liquidating his anime/manga holdings. It was all in his parents garage, they were telling him to get rid of it, he didn't want to deal with it anymore, so he was like, will you take it off my hands? $100 and you can have it all. So I was like, yeah, sounds good. He told me he'd bring it over as soon as he could drag it all out of his garage. Today he brought me Batch #1, which was 3 large storage boxes. I think he said there was 3 more boxes and assorted sacks and bags. I just finished sorting Box #1, the CLAMPBox.

Full unopened set of CLAMP no Kiseki and ~130 volumes CLAMP manga. Also, not pictured, 4 volumes of Yuri Monogatari and 5 volumes of Love Roma. Euphoria rising.

Jarmel

Banned
Has anyone seen Last Exile: Silver Wing? I watched the OG series awhile ago and was looking at the OP and it's storyboarded really well. The OP has numerous screen wipes, smooth jump cuts, and a good amount of camera movement. Is the show itself any good?

Yesterday me and a friend went through a couple of old videos on youtube and ended up watching Interstella 5555 again. The conclusion we came to was that the whole movie is about a guy who sacrifices himself for his waifu. Because that literally happens. In the end everyone is happy and the status quo is the same, only now the guy is dead.
So remember GAF, don't sacrifice yourself for your waifus, it won't change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom