• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

ZZ Gundam 15
hmZF6iwl.png

Gottn's such a bro. This is turning into my Wing experience where I don't give two shits about the protags and just want to see the bad guys doing their thing.

Joe Molotov

I've dug into the second box, and so far I've found 4 UMDs, a sealed Fate/Stay Night Vol. 1 w/Collector's Box, Fate/Stay Night Vol. 1-5 (in an opened Collector's Box, because why not) and a sealed Fare/Stay Night Vol. 6 Collector's Edition w/Clock. UBW get rekt, the real FSN starts here.

I don't see any of those as endearing character traits, but whatever. People can like whatever they want.

The only ojou type I care for is Aeka from Tenchi. Otherwise, I can't stand that character archetype.

smh. people like you is why shomin sample is filled with not ojou-samas.

Meat is the most attractive character in Soma

if you disagree, you legit have shit taste

Who?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
baiting? he's just saying yuri focused stuff (with SE is not I think) is not mainstream
Feigned ignorance. These kinds of offhanded comments are painful. Anime is a niche market as is and clearly is able to cache in on homoerotic appeal. Madoka is probably the biggest anime original property in the last few years and it plays into the undertones of that. I'm pretty sure Free! is also KyoAni's breakout original IP and it would fall under an even more overt definition of this stuff.

Syrinx

Owarimonogatari 2

I'm not sure what the hell Araragi thought that reintroduction to Sodachi would do...but he miscalculated. Not like anything anything else would've worked though.

Araragi getting some backstory has been one of those things I didn't realize I wanted. Which is odd since he's the main dude and all.

You see, this is a moment when I can't bully effectively because I haven't watched any of those shows with those characters...

...stop the bullying guys. Stop it.

Syrinx

Owarimonogatari 3

It's still not over and there's still some left to be uncovered...but right now I just can't bring myself to buy that Araragi so quickly and strongly buried the memories from that summer in his head and didn't at all recognize Sodachi when he got to high school.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol, I think you may have gotten some false impressions along the way.
The "yuribait" stuff in here was pretty intense at the time. :p lol

baiting? he's just saying yuri focused stuff (with SE is not I think) is not mainstream
Well, there's a bigger issue of who consumes yuri I suppose. The fact that someone could write a manga about a guy obsessed with manga sort of puts it in the same realm of fujioshi-dom at some point.

Comet Lucifer Epsiode 8
download_1.png

Is this guy a clone of 47 or something?

Okay, that flashback scene was terrible.

Why would a bodyguard leave the person he's supposed to be protecting, that he was assigned to protect, alone to go do a mission? The mooks they were killing didn't seem like a particularly threatening group.

Is Do Mon the only capable soldiers in this universe or something?

That said, the second half of the episode was okay. I feel like the explanation of who Felia is should have been the episode to be honest.

Jintor

Feigned ignorance. These kinds of offhanded comments are painful. Anime is a niche market as is and clearly is able to cache in on homoerotic appeal. Madoka is probably the biggest anime original property in the last few years and it plays into the undertones of that. I'm pretty sure Free! is also KyoAni's breakout original IP and it would fall under an even more overt definition of this stuff.

i think there's a definition difference between 'mainstream for anime' and 'anime positioned to appeal to mainstream television audiences'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom