• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 440 – The Caged Bird

THE ENDING what even?!

Sasuke smirked though, good episode.
CVT3xdfWUAId4eu.png

Clov

Yeah, that new Danganronpa anime's staff isn't making me very confident. I'll still give it a watch, but my expectations are pretty low.

Honestly, after SDR2 there wasn't really a need for any more. Not everything has to be perfectly and neatly tidied up. I wish they would have just made a sequel to AE to wrap up everything from that. I'm glad that V3 at least is going with a completely fresh universe. It will be much more surprising that way!

I only got two replies to my earlier post about what anime I should watch, but I think I'll watch Towards the Terra for my next one. On a side note, I'm pretty sure Hosanna was the one who recommended Project Eden to me, and I'd like to thank you for that! It was so much fun to watch!

Yea yea. Didn't people complain about Okada too and Gundam, and look at it it's one of the best, if not the best, show this season. All we can do is wait and watch once it drops.

Russ T

Banned
Yea yea. Didn't people complain about Okada too and Gundam, and look at it it's one of the best, if not the best, show this season. All we can do is wait and watch once it drops.

You're forgetting about One Punch Man, and The Perfect Insider, and, most importantly, Osomatsu-san!

Season's way too good to focus on some dumb giant robots!

You're forgetting about One Punch Man, and The Perfect Insider, and, most importantly, Osomatsu-san!

Season's way too good to focus on some dumb giant robots!

I'm not forgetting them at all, Haikyuu is my favourite show after all. But none of those had people complaining before they came out. Well OPM in a way did, but it wasn't about the writer, it was about whether the studio could make the title justice. I just don't like seeing negativity about something when it's not even out.

Also you got the wrong idea if you think Gundam is only about robots. We've had like 8 or 9 episodes, and only 2 or 3 had actual robot warfare that didn't even last the whole episode. The show is about the kids and the world they live in. Gundam units just happen to be a part of that world.

Cornbread78

Hyouka ep.22/Special/END:
tumblr_nna1tcS0cM1uts0jyo1_500.gif

tumblr_no5hjjYNM11tdab6go1_500.gif

I'll say straight away, I can COMPLETELY understand now why this is such a devisive show where you either hate it or you love it... In my case, It's a little bit of both.

I'll start off with what irked me:
- "Mystery of the day" format got pretty old and made the series feel very episodic at times with no cohesive plot to follow.
- Where are we going, what are we doing, how are we going to do it... (Same as above)
- To ship or not to ship? Make up your fu(king mind. Using that cop-out about knowing how Fukube felt in that
last scene with Chitanda
was pure crap, crap, crap and more crap. Yes, I understand the nuance of the show was subtlety.. However, that one scene defines their relationship from the entire show and it
was super frustrating. you hint, hint, hint, hint the entire time, give the viewer that moment they have been waiting for then use that excuse not to acually saw it to her, but only imagine you say it. Fu(k, what a dirty cock tease, blue balls moment.
They pulled the same crap with the Valentimes day episode. To ship or not to ship? Uggh, don't tease it for 21 episodes then
piss on the viewer when it comes to the right time
I know, I know, this is what the director was going for subtlety... uugh

What I liked:
- The show was Beautiful
- I loved the characters and their personalities.
- Some mysteries great, especially the Cultural fair arc
- Thought provoking: The show always make me think about how the hell he came up with those outcomes....
- Clean/Safe. I mean, even the Special episose, which was only created to show off Chitanda and Ibara's swimsuits and assets, was very safe to watch and avoided panderig too much to the otaku crowd....
- The Valentines Day episode was probably my favorite. They took the mystery of the day format, mixed it in with character development and made a good short story of it. If they used this format throughout and carried along a more central plotline, I would have felt much better about it.

Even after plotting that out, I still don't know how I really feel about it because parts were really good and the characters and their interactions fun, but there was a huge lack of plot, development and end-game reward. Even in the end, what were their relationships? The same as the first day they were together? Yup, pretty much... That "Imagined" ending by Oreki would have been the perfect one to go with in this show and really had a lasting impact. I can really see why everyone wants a second season to continue their school lives to bring them back to that very moment again.. Againm the show was excellent, but leaves you with virtual "blue balls" in multiple ways.... Still confused...

Sölf

Gintama 293-295
God, the Afro arc. xD I just realized how much I missed Gintama. Only 4 more EPs until the seemingly best arc of the entire manga (so far). And I can totally understand that the current OP does not fit in a serious arc.

Have all comedy chapters been animated by now or are some still missing? I still have 4 episodes to watch, but I think the "Kagura's Boyfriend" should have come much earlier and at least until 295 that was still not there. Have some chapters been skipped again?

pbayne

hyouka is bad

Nah its just decent. Not bad but not brilliant.

Gintama 300

Im gonna say something that may draw a lot of heat

I don't care if the shogun's dead. Granted a part of me thinks its a fake out but if he is dead I don't care atm. He was always my least favorite character and all his episodes are the same joke over and over and over again. Ill eat crow if the arc end up making me like him.

The rest of the arc looks hype as hell though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Before you go making all kinds of assumptions about what people at KyoAni are thinking, perhaps it would be wise to take a look at their actual words.
That's the Class S argument that basically defines the relationships in Marimite and maybe if Marimite was a 2015 show with the anime crowd that exists now, people would be freaking out about the Yumi/Sachiko relationship. And perhaps I give Marimite a free pass because it has both Class S relationships and actual lesbian relationships.

But let me see an interview where they react to the doujins and the fan reactions, where they say they are surprised that fans would treat the characters in that manner, and then my cynical mind will be put at ease.

duckroll

I'm really sad that almost no one wants to talk about Concrete Revolutio. I would even settle for firehawk watching it just to tell me how bad he thinks it is, and poke holes at all the narrative shortcomings. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm really sad that almost no one wants to talk about Concrete Revolutio. I would even settle for firehawk watching it just to tell me how bad he thinks it is, and poke holes at all the narrative shortcomings. :(
lol
I haven't watched any anime this season. Even sexy Ararararararagi has been lost to me. :(

(I also have no idea what that show is about!)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Nobody wants to watch that on the same day as IBO and OPM.

Cornbread78

Sorry, I dropped it after the 2nd/3rd episode. It was all over the place and got completely lost. I've heard it's gotten better, but it'll be a while before I get to it and see how it progressed.

Russ T

Banned
I'm not forgetting them at all, Haikyuu is my favourite show after all. But none of those had people complaining before they came out. Well OPM in a way did, but it wasn't about the writer, it was about whether the studio could make the title justice. I just don't like seeing negativity about something when it's not even out.

Also you got the wrong idea if you think Gundam is only about robots. We've had like 8 or 9 episodes, and only 2 or 3 had actual robot warfare that didn't even last the whole episode. The show is about the kids and the world they live in. Gundam units just happen to be a part of that world.

I'm just kidding.

Although I do dislike Gundam. It ain't my thing at all.

I actually kept watching it, despite almost giving up on it after falling a few weeks behind, and I even like it! I just... never really have anything to say about it. ):

If the thread for it hadn't died, maybe I'd be more willing to dive into it, but man did that thread die!

Corn, you went in looking for a romance show didn't you? I think that may be why you didn't see the show for what it is. I was pretty satisfied with how they handled it all. I mean it's a given that these two liked each other. I watched it every week to see these kids interact, solve these small mysteries. Hyouka is as brilliant as it is because of the character exchanges, they were super likable and well written.

I'm just kidding.

Although I do dislike Gundam. It ain't my thing at all.

Me too. Same with sports anime. Then I watched Gundam IBO and Haikyuu. They didn't make me want to go check other shows in the same genre that's for sure. But I am watching them because they are good shows on their own.

I don't wanna talk about it because I dropped it, it wasn't for me the narrative and structure of each episode was all over the place and even when the show somehow found better footing I realized it simply wasn't going anywhere I cared for.

I mean since Corn apparently didn't get any romantic vibes until way late... I'm not surprised by anything anymore.

I'd say the show had it since day one. These are teenagers. Remember how awkward it was back then when you liked someone and you knew they liked you back? This show does it well. The characters felt alive.

I'm still watching and mostly enjoying it, but yeah no one is really talking about it.
I mean since Corn apparently didn't get any romantic vibes until way late... I'm not surprised by anything anymore.

Cornbread doesn't think romantic vibes exist unless people are kissing.

sonicmj1

Your recent posts make me want to catch up.

I still need to finish Hyouka, but I felt like the show was doing what it wanted to do effectively enough. The show is the very definition of a slice-of-life show with an emphasis on small scale mysteries being given a lot of critical thinking.

The romance aspect of the show isn't large, but it's definitely a decent amount to go along with what the show's mainly going for regarding its characters and their developments. That and the fact that the school actually felt llvely and energetic made things enjoyable as well.

Even in the end, what were their relationships? The same as the first day they were together? Yup, pretty much...

If that's what you took away from Hyouka, you are awful at reading human behavior.

That's the Class S argument that basically defines the relationships in Marimite and maybe if Marimite was a 2015 show with the anime crowd that exists now, people would be freaking out about the Yumi/Sachiko relationship. And perhaps I give Marimite a free pass because it has both Class S relationships and actual lesbian relationships.

But let me see an interview where they react to the doujins and the fan reactions, where they say they are surprised that fans would treat the characters in that manner, and then my cynical mind will be put at ease.

I don't understand this line of thinking. Are close friendships bad unless there's a romantic dimension to them?

I don't even have time to watch the stuff I really want to watch. Maybe over the holidays...

You know, the fact that the upcoming Danganronpa anime is probably gonna be terrible is kinda suiting.

Danganronpa and anime fans are both going to suffer ultimate despair.

NeonZ

Sölf;187707327 said:
Gintama 293-295
God, the Afro arc. xD I just realized how much I missed Gintama. Only 4 more EPs until the seemingly best arc of the entire manga (so far). And I can totally understand that the current OP does not fit in a serious arc.

Have all comedy chapters been animated by now or are some still missing? I still have 4 episodes to watch, but I think the "Kagura's Boyfriend" should have come much earlier and at least until 295 that was still not there. Have some chapters been skipped again?

Yes, they've skipped chapters again, including the love potion arc.

Cornbread78

Corn, you went in looking for a romance show didn't you? I think that may be why you didn't see the show for what it is. I was pretty satisfied with how they handled it all. I mean it's a given that these two liked each other. I watched it every week to see these kids interact, solve these small mysteries. Hyouka is as brilliant as it is because of the character exchanges, they were super likable and well written.
I'd say the show had it since day one. These are teenagers. Remember how awkward it was back then when you liked someone and you knew they liked you back? This show does it well. The characters felt alive.

Fortunately, I know it wasn't a "romance" series in the same way Working isn't a "romance" series. They hinted at everything from the moment Oreki walked into the room and saw Chitanda's eyes and the shipping was real, but they never finished shipping them.

Cornbread doesn't think romantic vibes exist unless people are kissing.

Not true at all. Relationship/character developement is even more important. Clannad is my fav. and what did we get, holding hands??

There were hints earlier, but they made it glaringly obvious towards the last few episodes for both of them.
The end problem was, neither would ultimately admit it or confront the other about it... Why? To keep the subtlety?

I know nothing about the NFL. I just cheer for them because everyone will be mad if they actually win. lol

True, everyone is a Patriots hater these days... The fools are falling just for the ESPN/NFL propaganda and are plain jelly...

You watch your episodes on your phone?

Phone and Vita FTW!

Not true at all. Relationship/character developement is even more important. Clannad is my fav. and what did we get, holding hands??
And yet you just claimed Working isn't a romance series in this very post despite a huge portion of the show centering around romantic relationships. And they have a kid in Clannad!

Sölf;187707327 said:
Gintama 293-295

it's not necessarily the best in the manga (the arc immediately after was pretty great as well) but it is where shit really started hitting the fans and the end game started

John Blade

Might be time to go back watching Emma season 2 if you want Relationship/character development. Also, I need to get myself ready to watch Clannad early next year if I can get through the backlog of show I currently watching but on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom