• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Kokoro Connect 1-17

I was waiting the entire series for more on exploring Taichi's character. I would've like to know more about why he is the way he is, caring about others more so then himself, but oh well.

I think this series was supposed to go on for longer than it did, but a certain stupid fake audition prank by the staff lead to an apology and reduced sales, cutting the series short.

Jaxec

Damn. That spiraled way out of control. I would've expected people getting a little mad at the prank and demanding an apology, but end result was just bad.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Damn. That spiraled way out of control. I would've expected people getting a little mad at the prank and demanding an apology, but end result was just bad.

Prank so bad they manage to piss off the chillest dude (Tomokazu Sugita) in the industry. Not to mention there's another controversy cause by the opening song composer as well.

Jaxec

Wow, even Sugita was mad. Damn. That's guy seems like the most relaxed dude in the industry. Kind of makes me wonder what some of the biggest scandals in the industry were because of a prank led to this then I can't even fathom what even more serious stuff would've resulted in.

JulianImp

Kokoro Connect 1-17

I really enjoyed this series. The situations the characters were put into were fun to watch and I liked how they became closer with each new one. My favorite arc ended up being the first one, with Michi Random at a close second. I found myself liking the characters and their interactions, especially Inaba and Taichi. They played off each other so well. If I had one nitpick, it's that I wish we explored more of Taichi and Aoki. I was waiting the entire series for more on exploring Taichi's character. I would've like to know more about why he is the way he is, caring about others more so then himself, but oh well.

Also
Inaba (before episode 10)>Iori
Inaba (after episode 10)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Iori

Glad to see this series getting more love. I only wish we could get the later arcs adapted to anime as well, though.

Dereban's just too good, and being voiced by Sawashiro certainly helps. I agree that I'd have liked to see the show flesh Aoki and Taichi out some more, but that might end up happening later. For example, Nise Random focuses a lot on two first-year students that join the gang's club, and I'm just getting started with Yume so I don't know who's going to be the focus of the story now. Hopefully the two guys get their time to shine, since I really liked the way Kiriyama, Nagase and Inaban were tackled in the arcs that focused on each of them.

Joe Molotov

Okay, finally finished cracking into the rest of the boxes. (pardon the crap shots)
F9PE2mV.jpg

CLAMP Box

DVDs

Jaxec

Dereban's just too good, and being voiced by Sawashiro certainly helps. I agree that I'd have liked to see the show flesh Aoki and Taichi out some more, but that might end up happening later. For example, Nise Random focuses a lot on two first-year students that join the gang's club, and I'm just getting started with Yume so I don't know who's going to be the focus of the story now.

Yeah I love Sawashiro's voice so finding out she voiced Inaba really was a pleasure. Is the light novel still ongoing?

Quasar

http://www.fandompost.com/2015/12/03/french-spice-wolf-anime-blu-rays-getting-hd-master-materials/

Time to get a bit jealous, my friends. The folks at Black Box Editions are going to be releasing the Spice & Wolf complete two season series on Blu-ray on December 18th, 2015 after multiple delays and now a little detail hs cropped up with it. According to some early comparison images that have surfaced, the French edition is working with proper HD masters compared to the upscale that FUNimation released.

The French set is coming in a DVD/BD Combo release that includes an artbook and is priced at 71.39 euro. Amazon France is currently listing it as a January 8th, 2016 release, though it looks like Black Box Editions is just selling it earlier through themselves.

Jealous I am. I guess it would not include english subs.

JulianImp

Yeah I love Sawashiro's voice so finding out she voiced Inaba really was a pleasure. Is the light novel still ongoing?

I don't think so, later books covering the main storyline are Nise, Yume and Asu Random (with Asu being the only arc that takes up two books), and then there're three more books that are made up of several short stories each: Clip, Step and Precious Time. I got all of them back when I was in Japan, but my Japanese level isn't enough to get everything that's written in them, so while I've already finished reading Nise Random I can't say I got everything that happened in there, just the gist of it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The perfect insider 9
Delayed minute and overwrite to trick everyone... that was cool.
That cliffhanger...
Either Dr. Magata Shiki upload her conscience to computer, or she raise her daughter as her replacement, either way, it's going to be fucked up

The perfect insider 9
Delayed minute and overwrite to trick everyone... that was cool.
That cliffhanger...
Either Dr. Magata Shiki upload her conscience to computer, or she raise her daughter as her replacement, either way, it's going to be fucked up

I was actually a really big fan of the trick. Never would have seen that coming, but it's definitely doable and a genius move. As for your spoilered points
yeah I am with you on that. But just for fun, why not throw around some more theories, like was that even Magata's body? For all we know it could have been the daughter herself. What if it's a mix of the two theories you mentioned? Magata wants to transcend to the virtual world and get her rid of her own body, so she uses her daughter for that.

ibyea

Banned
Perfect Insider: 9
Well, some of you guys got the speculation on who was the killer right! The episode also showed the trick behind the closed room trick, it was actually clever. As for the twist at the end, I am going to wait an episode and see whether it's stupid or not. Nishinosono brought the episode down. In fact, every time she and another woman interacts, it's just really really annoying.

Cornbread78

Invaders of the Rokujyouma? Ep.7-9
The fights were actually pretty good, the story is interesting and the characters are fun. Just needs a little more comedy, lol. Not bad at all for mindless fun. Rival magic girl got the beat down she deserved, but she'll be back..

Noirulus

I got banned for two weeks for saying "Kotaku sucks". Man, the gaming side of gaf is harsh.

My anime binge is still alive, though. Watched a bunch of different stuff over the past two weeks.

Akame ga Kill - 01 - 25

This series may not have the greatest action scenes or a particualrly interesting storyline, but man is it not afraid to kill of characters, and for that I respect it. It's too bad that the last 5 episodes of the series were just absolute shit.

Amagi Brilliant Park - 01 - 13

After watching the first episode, I called this a low-tier KyoAni show. Turns out I was wrong. Sure, it's no Hyouka or Haruhi but the characters were pretty endearing and I found myself getting pretty invested in their world and their goal to save the park. Good show. Also, really glad there was no tragic ending.

D-Frag! - 01

Is this supposed to be funny?

Nichibros - 01 - 08 [Rewatch]

Fuck, I love me some Nichibros. It's literally a high school version of gintama that's culturally relevant, how the hell can you not appreciate that?!

One Piece Film Z was an animation showcase, but otherwise worthless for someone who hasn't followed the manga series. Film 6 and Episode of Nami are still the only things I've liked out of the franchise.

One Piece Film Z was an animation showcase, but otherwise worthless for someone who hasn't followed the manga series. Film 6 and Episode of Nami are still the only things I've liked out of the franchise.

Film 6 is completely standalone and the least One Piece-like official One Piece thing ever created (in a good way) and Film Z was really playing up to manga fans so that makes sense

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, even Sugita was mad. Damn. That's guy seems like the most relaxed dude in the industry. Kind of makes me wonder what some of the biggest scandals in the industry were because of a prank led to this then I can't even fathom what even more serious stuff would've resulted in.
It's the case of the biggest backfire of the year. Just murdered the anime sales.

sonicmj1

Everything Becomes F: The Perfect Insider 9

Good deductions this episode. Unlike others here, I kind of enjoy watching Nishinosono turn into a jealous brat around women she perceives as competition for Saikawa.

The killer is Magata Shiki herself. The body is likely her daughter's. Magata Shiki had to have planned this out, because she developed two new versions of Red Magic while waiting for the backdoor in Red Magic 4 to open. Her daughter would have no way of preventing the newer versions of Red Magic from launching to the rest of the lab if that's what her mother wanted.

There's nothing so far that suggests it's possible to upload your consciousness to the net. Certainly no equipment suggesting that exists in Shiki's room.

Phatmac

Gintama 215

I was surprised that after the Kabukicho Four Devas Arc, the next episode wasn't a comedy focused one that deflated the previous tension as is the norm for this series, but another pretty dramatic episode. And this was one that sets up some extremely important stuff with the villain alliance. I'm understanding that it isn't really addressed soon after it, though.

Kada didn't really take her downfall well. Probably the most emotionally broken antagonist in this series to date.

Gintama 210 - 214

Brief mention of the previous arc: I wish that the scale of this arc was bigger and that it lasted longer, because an all-out war between the major factions in Kabukicho feels like it should have been much larger than it turned out. It was still really cool, but more buildup, conflicts, and participants (Zura's group, a Shinsengumi mention, Gin's cat group, etc.) would have been nice.

And Shinpachi had what was practically his only real triumphant victory until now by taking out Pirako. it didn't seem too out of place, either, since it just seems like they don't give him the opportunity to show off his skills.

Kinda wish he had an evil analog like Takasugi to Gintoki or Kamui to Kagura so that he could have his own truly serious arcs, but I guess that's not really the purpose of his character.
One of the biggest issues with the series is important characters missing out on big events like Katsura. It sucks but it must be hard to manage so many characters during big arcs like this. It's hard to take Shinpachi seriously considering how he's been treated. I'm kind of glad since I find him grating during most of his straight man routines. Focusing on other characters is better since you can actually treat it seriously without baggage.

Good deductions this episode. Unlike others here, I kind of enjoy watching Nishinosono turn into a jealous brat around women she perceives as competition for Saikawa.

The killer is Magata Shiki herself. The body is likely her daughter's. Magata Shiki had to have planned this out, because she developed two new versions of Red Magic while waiting for the backdoor in Red Magic 4 to open. Her daughter would have no way of preventing the newer versions of Red Magic from launching to the rest of the lab if that's what her mother wanted.

There's nothing so far that suggests it's possible to upload your consciousness to the net. Certainly no equipment suggesting that exists in Shiki's room.
Yep, and the show has beat us over the head with how surprisingly young looking the body they found was. I'm not sure why the arms were cut off though.

sonicmj1

Yep, and the show has beat us over the head with how surprisingly young looking the body they found was. I'm not sure why the arms were cut off though.

Two reasons.

1. Throws people off, buying time.
2. No chance of people placing the corpse's hands on scanners and confirming the ruse.

Heh, Insider discussions. I wish we had more of these throughout the season. I really like this show, but it should have begun feeding us more info from the start. There was basically no way of coming up with plausible theories up until last week when we were given more info, and when we saw that weird montage in Sohei's head.

The killer is Magata Shiki herself. The body is likely her daughter's.

I will weep bitterly if that is the killer. Its so dull and uncreative, something nishinosono would have come up with even.

I pray its the leader guy like it usually is in whats new scooby doo mysterys.

The theory is sound and I strongly believe that is what is happening. Now I just want to know the motivation behind it.
Why confine yourself, deliver a baby and raise her, kill her 15 years later and then kill the uncle/daddy and run away from the room... For the same reasons she killed her parents? To be free?

Probably recognized the character from KLK and didn't want to be seen staring at her.

Now that I look closely I see what looks like a bunch of girls cosplaying as anime school girls on the sidewalk. Those glasses of his give him eagle eyes, I'm sure of it.

Clov

Huh, they're getting nicer masters than us? Well, at least I know to avoid Funi's release for now. I'll wait a few years to see if there's another release from them that uses the nicer looking masters.

Edit: The Satsuki pic is from this year's Anime North! It's a pretty fun con. A bit crowded though; I kind of wish they'd find a bigger space for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom