• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxec

Maoyu 1-4

Decided to give this a try and from what I've seen I actually enjoy it. I like the demon king and hero falling for each other and hope to see more progression. I also like the economics and agriculture side of it and didn't expect the series to be like this. Also

178137-maoyu-maid.jpg

This maid is adorable.

phaze

Revolutionary Girl Utena 15

Choo Choo

Wait what !?
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif
What the hell Anthy ...

That's like, 3 sisters who obsess about their Oniisamas now. Clearly they're the chick, their obsession is the egg.

Garo - The Crimson Moon - 09

The 'black hole' horror was neat, I liked the design with the eye shape and cosmos visuals inside.
I was hoping it would be a full episode of Seimei and Douma's past, instead of scattering it about in an otherwise rather uninteresting episode.

Gradually it's been revealed how many of the characters are linked together by the past which is to my liking, but it's been too slow.
Shame they didn't keep the black design, I think it makes the armor look a little less cheap.

GARO CRIMSON MOON Episode 9
download_1.png

The one saving grace of this show is Seimei.

Crimson Moon is obviously less dark than its predecessor. That's...okay....disappointing, but okay. And you know what? The humor is sometimes funny...

But there are no stakes in this story. We're 9 episodes in, and it was revealed that Seimei knew where the main villains lived this entire time.

....why not go deal with them?

Is it because nine episodes in we haven't seen the main villain actually do anything all that villainous? Dōman talks about darkness and how he won't allow the stars themselves to shine, but he doesn't DO ANYTHING!

Mendoza fucking led an inquisition against his enemies in the first series! He burned people at the stake! Mendoza manipulated people, and used people.

This guy...
download.png

This is not a compelling villain.

No new Heavy Object today is depressing.

Dubs

Seraph of the End continues to sound hilarious in ENGDUB as well as a bit more scary when people are about to be preyed on.

Heavy Object - excellent as usual

Shingeki Chuugakkou - I can never get enough of Eren screaming and yelling all the time, Jeans awesome lines, Mikasa's annoying obsession, and some of the jokes.

This reminds me of the JoJo OVA when DIO was reading the Quran and it had to be removed.

Should I be hype for Dagashi Kashi?

The manga is ok. And don't worry, everyone reads it for the main girl already.

Ushio and Tora 23

What did those dumbass monks think was going on when they wanted to destroy the thing made to fight their mortal enemy? What a bunch of idiots.

Hackadoll 10

rip #4

Kagewani 10

Well MC couldn't have helped this time around so I'll let that slide.

Kagewani - 10

Does this count as a fuck the ocean episode?

Really it was the shore and it could have been a river or a lake and the monster didn't seem to be actually hampered by having to be in the water but

99024-Ill-allow-it-gif-Senor-Chang-C-7b0K.gif

phaze

It was part of his development. From the beginning he had always dreamed about being a member of the Gekkostate, and was focusing more on trying to fit in with them.

It's not like he has grown to care and be interested about Gekkostate's purpose. Eureka was all he cared about still and he had to be spoon-fed info by Talho without any effort/desire to learn about it from his side.

Yes, the fact that the "people die when they are killed" thing is pretty dumb, but I loved the way it devastates him so much to make it lead to the Ray and Charles arc. You mentioned before that you didn't really care for that arc, with how Renton had only known the two for like, a week.

But I feel that it works because those two were the first people in a long time to really treat Renton like a member of their family. So of course he'd accept it with open arms. It's only until that he learns to his dismay that they're after the Gekkostate, and along with that, Eureka.

So he chooses to throw that chance of a happy life away just so he can be by her side, crying in dismay as he jumps ship to go back to the one he loves.

The developments and moments like those were what truly sold Eureka Seven for me. Everything like that just felt so genuine. Especially compared to most other mecha shows in the 2000s that try so hard to copy stuff like Evangelion.
I think them wanting to adopt him after that week bothered me more. lol

Plus,
name me one other romance show where the main couple tag their names into the moon.
The only thing that tops that in my opinion is the final episode of G Gundam.
I dunno Mirai Nikki probably beats it. That was truest love I've ever seen.
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif

Tuck

GARO CRIMSON MOON Episode 9
download_1.png

The one saving grace of this show is Seimei.

Crimson Moon is obviously less dark than its predecessor. That's...okay....disappointing, but okay. And you know what? The humor is sometimes funny...

But there are no stakes in this story. We're 9 episodes in, and it was revealed that Seimei knew where the main villains lived this entire time.

....why not go deal with them?

Is it because nine episodes in we haven't seen the main villain actually do anything all that villainous? Dōman talks about darkness and how he won't allow the stars themselves to shine, but he doesn't DO ANYTHING!

Mendoza fucking led an inquisition against his enemies in the first series! He burned people at the stake! Mendoza manipulated people, and used people.

This guy...

Glad I stopped watching. What a disappointment =(

Fafner: Exodus S2 23

The entire cafe scene was hilarious.
Kurusu
is great. And then the rest of the episode holy shit.
Glad that Dustin and his team got what they deserved, but poor Billy.
That fucking countdown had me on the edge of my seat, and
thankfully Maya survived

Apparently an Exodus-related announcement incoming as well. Movie? S3? Pachinko?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Huh, nice to see a female character that isn't a stick figure with tits.

She looks really cool and realistically(enough)proportioned

...she's just wearing an oversized sweater, she's a stick girl with tits.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Episode 23:

Okay, good, we can put this arc to rest at fucking last. Yea, just wasn't caring about anything rival guy was doing and still don't care about him now.

Ascheroth

Fafner Exodus - 23

Haha,
Kurusu
is lots of fun in his own twisted way.
And then the rest of the episode proved once again that even if there are super dangerous things attacking, humanities greatest enemy is still humanity itself. Betrayals and counter betrayals everywhere.
The Neo-UN are still giant fucking hypocrites. I nearly lost it when that stupid woman called Maya a 'Murdering Bitch', like, wtf. Who are the ones slaughtering civilians for no good reason again and again?
Felt so good when they died. Now the old hag next, please.
I wonder how the things with
Mitsuhiro, Mark Raison and the Azazel satellite
will unfold in the last 3 episodes. I don't know, I can't see them wrapping everything up.

Cornbread78

Maoyu 1-4

Decided to give this a try and from what I've seen I actually enjoy it. I like the demon king and hero falling for each other and hope to see more progression. I also like the economics and agriculture side of it and didn't expect the series to be like this. Also

178137-maoyu-maid.jpg

This maid is adorable.

Breadmilf in Comet Lucifer is better, lol.

qlUpyRq.jpg

It's funny when you search "breadmilf" and a NeoGAF pic is the first to pop up.

Recap Girl Utena 13

Man I am glad the trend of having a recap episode with new stuff in it died out. At least it wasn't as bad as the S-Cry-Ed one though. I know that they probably still exist but I haven't seen one in a long time that wasn't from a 90s/early 2000's show.

Narag

Recap Girl Utena 13

Man I am glad the trend of having a recap episode with new stuff in it died out. At least it wasn't as bad as the S-Cry-Ed one though. I know that they probably still exist but I haven't seen one in a long time that wasn't from a 90s/early 2000's show.

I remember skipping Trigun's recap ep and finding out the second half was like important stuff. whoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom