• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

What the fuck is a Meadowlark

ao3nLFk.png

lmao Annie Stokely. dying

Syrinx

The theory is sound and I strongly believe that is what is happening. Now I just want to know the motivation behind it.
Why confine yourself, deliver a baby and raise her, kill her 15 years later and then kill the uncle/daddy and run away from the room... For the same reasons she killed her parents? To be free?

Now that I look closely I see what looks like a bunch of girls cosplaying as anime school girls on the sidewalk. Those glasses of his give him eagle eyes, I'm sure of it.

Hmm. What do you know? The exact opposite of what I thought.

Unfortunately, I do think they will be Glitter (Color).

Mainly because of like Cure whatever.

But Meadowlark. Never in my wildest imagination would I expect something like that from anyone or anything.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I was actually a really big fan of the trick. Never would have seen that coming, but it's definitely doable and a genius move. As for your spoilered points
yeah I am with you on that. But just for fun, why not throw around some more theories, like was that even Magata's body? For all we know it could have been the daughter herself. What if it's a mix of the two theories you mentioned? Magata wants to transcend to the virtual world and get her rid of her own body, so she uses her daughter for that.

Yep, and the show has beat us over the head with how surprisingly young looking the body they found was. I'm not sure why the arms were cut off though.

The theory is sound and I strongly believe that is what is happening. Now I just want to know the motivation behind it.
Why confine yourself, deliver a baby and raise her, kill her 15 years later and then kill the uncle/daddy and run away from the room... For the same reasons she killed her parents? To be free?

Now that I look closely I see what looks like a bunch of girls cosplaying as anime school girls on the sidewalk. Those glasses of his give him eagle eyes, I'm sure of it.
Yeah i agree.

Everything become free.

Potato chip cola
This is so wrong...

Qurupeke

Kokoro Connect 1-17

I really enjoyed this series. The situations the characters were put into were fun to watch and I liked how they became closer with each new one. My favorite arc ended up being the first one, with Michi Random at a close second.

Also
Inaba (before episode 10)>Iori
Inaba (after episode 10)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Iori
Hold on. Michi Random is the worst. The writer obviously made Iori to be the best and slowly managed to make her the worst.It was really depressing to watch her deprived of her usual happiness. The first arc is really the best, because it focuses on Iori.

Jaxec

Hold on. Michi Random is the worst. The writer obviously made Iori to be the best and slowly managed to make her the worst.It was really depressing to watch her deprived of her usual happiness. The first arc is really the best, because it focuses on Iori.

Yeah I loved the first arc cause of the focus on Iori. Episode 5 in particular made me love her. But Inaba was still the best for me so I was rooting for her. Though I was still surprised that Iori didn't end up with Taichi. Also I agree that Michi Random did manage turn her into the worst and that played a role in my dislike for Iori because happy Iori was best Iori.

The fusion of Persona and Jojo Part 4 fans is going to be a pile of bad.

I know people were calling Stardust Crusaders a Persona ripoff (which is dumb), but I feel that it's only gonna get worse when Part 4 starts airing.

From the New World Episode 3
JESUS SHOW, THERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT ARE UNFIT FOR ANYONE'S EYES!

Anyway, good episode. Feels like the characters got fleshed out in tiny little ways. This show is beautiful by the way, the scene on the lake felt very easy on the eyes.

Also, that creature at the end was a living Wikipedia right?

Line_HTX

YES!

GATE 2 is set to begin on late Friday night, January 8th, or early Saturday morning at 1:05 AM on Tokyo MX.

Fucking can't wait! Need more killings from Rory Mercury.

From the New World Episode 4
download.png

This guy right here shows why these powers are so dangerous, and yet how contained they are in this world.

Okay, info dumps are typically something I frown upon, but this one gets a pass. One, because it felt reasonably smart, and two, because it was interesting to see the various reactions the kids had to it.

Anyway, good stuff.

Kvik

From the New World Episode 3

JESUS SHOW, THERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT ARE UNFIT FOR ANYONE'S EYES!

Anyway, good episode. Feels like the characters got fleshed out in tiny little ways. This show is beautiful by the way, the scene on the lake felt very easy on the eyes.

Also, that creature at the end was a living Wikipedia right?

Shin Sekai Yori is one helluva ride. I especially loved the world building, and yeah that creature was a walking ancient wikipedia.

Also I'm LTTP, but Fucking JIN ROH is now on Crunchy!!? First Guts gets off the boat, now this. What's next; can I finally play my PS2 discs in my PS4?

Quasar

Heh, Insider discussions. I wish we had more of these throughout the season. I really like this show, but it should have begun feeding us more info from the start. There was basically no way of coming up with plausible theories up until last week when we were given more info, and when we saw that weird montage in Sohei's head.

Certainly I'm finding it hard to connect the dots.

It did seem earlier like she uploaded her personalities to the network. But connecting that to her secretly raising her child and then murdering the child and her uncle and then disposing of the limbs and her own body. Its just weird.

TheRancor

Y/N

Should I buy Xam'd? I know nothing about it except BONES, ONA, and Mecha, which all sound like things I would enjoy.
First two episodes are cool and look really great. Then it gradually dissolves into a big narrative mess, I'm still not too sure what happened, dat Oshima soundtrack tho.

Sölf

Gintama 300
I finally catched up. And of course, like every serious Gintama arc, this thing starts of stupid as fuck. God, I love this show. xD

So we now get 1-2 cour epicness? I am so in!

Theonik

What the fuck is a Meadowlark

http://i.imgur.com/ao3nLFk.png
Annie Stokely is still best girl.

Huh, they're getting nicer masters than us? Well, at least I know to avoid Funi's release for now. I'll wait a few years to see if there's another release from them that uses the nicer looking masters.
Funi has always been and probably always will be completely incompetent when it comes to not releasing bad BDs. That said it's no surprise French licensors are better resourced.

lmao Annie Stokely. dying
I know right?

Thoraxes

First two episodes are cool and look really great. Then it gradually dissolves into a big narrative mess, I'm still not too sure what happened, dat Oshima soundtrack tho.

I'll put it down as a maybe then. I'm just trying to make a big list of stuff i'll purchase from the holiday sale. Thanks for the info.

duckroll

Caught up on Noragami too. So my season backlog is finally empty!

This new arc feels kinda odd. No idea where it's going. There are some highlights in terms of how it plays with celestial setting in a way the series hasn't really gone into before, but I'm not really feeling most of it. Something feels off with all the motivations of the characters involved, like they're being moved by the narrative rather than the other way round. Hopefully it gets better before the end.

Cornbread78

This new arc feels kinda odd. No idea where it's going. There are some highlights in terms of how it plays with celestial setting in a way the series hasn't really gone into before, but I'm not really feeling most of it. Something feels off with all the motivations of the characters involved, like they're being moved by the narrative rather than the other way round. Hopefully it gets better before the end.

Time to start watching Asterix, Calvary, Utawarerumono and Comet Lucifer now.

Clov

Funi has always been and probably always will be completely incompetent when it comes to not releasing bad BDs. That said it's no surprise French licensors are better resourced.

They've definitely had some missteps (the banding on the Lain set), but they've made a handful of good releases. Their Ping-Pong release for example looks pretty great.

Line_HTX

Now that you're free, you can do the side-by-side comparisons of which episodes were better for Asterisk and Cavalry.

Mendrox

Steins;Gate 23 Beta Line was awesome. ;__;

I am so glad that it continues and it seems good. Just a bit sad that the OVA and Movie are not canon anymore? Or well.. rather in that timeline they are canon.

Steins Gate 23 β (Divergence)

Fuck the despair. I was a bit confused because of the numerous timelines that this show has, but this particular post on reddit made it A LOT clearer for me: https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/3v7080/spoilers_steinsgate_episode_23_β_divergence/cxkudyg

It makes sense. When it got to that particular scene, I was waiting for it.
The phone call
. It didn't happen. This is the Okarin that creates the message to be sent back, the one that we saw in the original season. We never got to see how it was done, it just sorta happened and we all went along with it because of the hole time paradox thing the show has going for it. I am pretty damn excited for this now. I won't be waiting for the VN to be localized, I'm definitely going to be watching the anime. This tease is already eating at my soul slowly. I NEED MORE.

Grzi

Y/N

Should I buy Xam'd? I know nothing about it except BONES, ONA, and Mecha, which all sound like things I would enjoy.

Yes.
It's a great and unique show that despite its flaws leaves a good lasting impression. It looks and sounds amazing too.

Line_HTX

No idea why you wouldn't ask me since I posted it (and made it), but the answer is Hidan no Aria AA.

Too bad it's a spinoff and not a continuation. Oh well, I'll still watch it anyways because there are characters that are better than Kugimiya, lol

Ushio to Tora - 23

I hope there will actually be some kind of consequence(s) later for what Ushio managed to do in this episode, otherwise I feel it was kind of cheap.
I would've liked to see more of the fight between Tora and the kid's monster pal. I did like how the mother was portrayed, and the bizarre and almost horror like visuals was great.
The voice acting was also very on point!

Russ T

Banned
hello anime friends i have posted a new episode of the podcast i'm a part of

http://www.keyframespodcast.com/podcast/06-only-six-episodes-flcl/

please listen if you want

our spotlight this time around is flcl and we either succeed OR fail to talk about it in a meaningful manner

(is it okay to advertise this here? i don't want to come off a spamming about it... do people even care?)

okay i'm done interrupting your regularly scheduled anime thread

Ascheroth

Ushio to Tora - 23

DTbFbkR.jpg

The faces in this show are great

The
spear retrieval
was great, but Kirios 'breakdown' was pretty annoying. Glad that arc is over and I'm curious where this show is heading, since everything feels really endgame but we're barely past halfway based on the episode count.

Kagewani - 10

Does this count as a fuck the ocean episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom