• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-"The world has changed due to the introduction of a superpower."
-Main character walks in on girl changing
-Girl screams and calls him a pervert
-Girl has magic fire powers
-Girl is a princess from a foreign country
-Girl is considered 'unapproachable' and is one of the best at the school
-Girl tries to light him on fire for seeing him naked
-Girl challenges him to a duel
-Guy wins despite being a 'failure'
-School is part of a yearly tournament involving said superpowers
-School hasn't won in a while

Are you watching both those series just to see how bad it gets?

Jarmel

Banned
I will say this, Cavalry of a Failed Knight is far better on the comedy side. It jokes around with many of the things Asterisk War takes seriously. For example when the main character walks in to the tsundere changing in Asterisk War, he just waits there and tries to explain. The Cavalry Knight lead tries to start striping to 'even the score'. The Cavalry Knight also accepts the duel because he's confident he can beat her while the Asterisk War lead just gets dragged into events. Also this:
euYaiKz.jpg
82L0nOX.jpg

1GeNSAc.jpg
MbheQrF.jpg
The pacing is much quicker in Cavalry Knight and the storyboarding so far has been better. The art direction in both is lousy as fuck but that's to be expected although Asterisk War might be a hair better but it's splitting hairs.

More importantly the Cavalry Knight lead is far smugger.

I feel like this can fit about 3 other shows

Mature

I will say this, Cavalry of a Failed Knight is far better on the comedy side. It jokes around with many of the things Asterisk War takes seriously. For example when the main character walks in to the tsundere changing in Asterisk War, he just waits there and tries to explain. The Cavalry Knight lead tries to start striping to 'even the score'. The Cavalry Knight also accepts the duel because he's confident he can beat her while the Asterisk War lead just gets dragged into events. Also this:

The pacing is much quicker in Cavalry Knight and the storyboarding so far has been better. The art direction in both is lousy as fuck but that's to be expected although Asterisk War might be a hair better but it's splitting hairs.

This looks thoroughly dreadful.

It's a shame they couldn't squeeze the Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut adaptation into this season to complete the trifecta.

Sölf

Should I watch that, just to see how horrible it can be? But I already have Seraph S2 for that category...

kewlmyc

And they air the same day. That's actually kinda funny.

Yea. Honestly it's actually kinda impressive how similar so many of these shows are. There are parts that are just straight lifted from other series/franchises.
So are we at a point where we can conclude that light novels are written via some program, which churns out a story after you input names and powers and stuff yet?

Phatmac

Polishing a turd will still make it a turd. Looks horrid.

VRMN

Yea. Honestly it's actually kinda impressive how similar so many of these shows are. There are parts that are just straight lifted from other series/franchises.

At this point I write off any series that features a specialized academy setting. I have yet to regret not giving one a chance and there are a lot of them, especially after Index made the concept popular.

Jarmel

Banned
So are we at a point where we can conclude that light novels are written via some program, which churns out a story after you input names and powers and stuff yet?

It's pretty close. Even the Heavy Object intro introducing the world state just felt lifted from something else.

Phatmac

At this point I write off any series that features a specialized academy setting. I have yet to regret not giving one a chance and there are a lot of them, especially after Index made the concept popular.
Index is still better than all the clones. I'll take Biribiri over the rest of them.

Sölf

We all know the one and only true special academy series was Zero no Tsukaima. To bad they never made more than one season of it.

amrod

Attack on Titan: Junior High
Starting School! Titan Junior High School

Ep 1 is up on funimation.com its um... not as good as the original anime series

Young Black Jack 01

These people just literally watch the kid get run over. That aside, this show seems to be pretty great! I joked around about how the OP reminded me of Soma, and you know what the same joy I felt while watching Soma cook and explain the procedures in that show are the same here as we see Black Jack performing the surgery. Definitely adding it to my weekly list.

I find if funny both girls are princesses with redish hair and Fire powers who are considered top tier and the lead is considered either unknown or a loser but not really.

Jarmel kun let's keep watching and see just how similar they are.

Young Black Jack 01

These people just literally watch the kid get run over. That aside, this show seems to be pretty great! I joked around about how the OP reminded me of Soma, and you know what the same joy I felt while watching Soma cook and explain the procedures in that show are the same here as we see Black Jack performing the surgery. Definitely adding it to my weekly list.

If you liked this, then I highly recommend watching the 2004 TV Series.

Or at least watch the first episode of the show, just to get some general background on Hazama (Black Jack) as a character.

Mailbox

Yep, one 48 min episode and its already AOTS.

Interesting that they used the whole arc as one episode. Made for a very concise and interesting semi-mystery and gave a better look into araragi's character.

Great start.

Hopefully Kizumonogatari doesn't get Hobbit'ed.
edit: by that i mean that it doesn't feel like bullshit

If you liked this, then I highly recommend watching the 2004 TV Series.

Or at least watch the first episode of the show, just to get some general background on Hazama (Black Jack) as a character.

You know what I actually might. Gonna add it to my "to watch" list and when this season ends, I'll go watch him older.

Does the 2004 series have that annoying fuck? This show is awesome because she's not there m

Yeah, Pinoko's in it. The 2004 series was primarily aimed for children from what I've heard (even though they show some pretty dark stuff in it), and she's basically there to be his "funny-cute-little-sidekick" that most children's shows have.

Though IMO she doesn't outright ruin the show. You just kinda have to get used to her.

Attack on Titan: Junior High 1

Okay, this got a few chuckles out of me, but no real laughs.

It needs to go dumber.

Good ending song though.

This guy.😑

Yeah, Pinoko's in it. The 2004 series was primarily aimed for children from what I've heard (even though they show some pretty dark stuff in it), and she's basically there to be his "funny-cute-little-sidekick" that most children's shows have.

Though IMO she doesn't outright ruin the show. You just kinda have to get used to her.
Well. Let's agree to disagree.

Russ T

Banned
First episode of Young Black JAck was... kinda boring? ):

I'll give it another episode or two, but definitely unimpressed out of the gate.

Well MPR went and showed everyone up as we're all slackers. I think this is mostly accurate but I forgot to save stuff from last time so had to make corrections by memory. Have fun!

Well, I'm trying to do my part.

[Urusei Yatsura] - 143

Onsen Mark using "Fly me to the moon" in his english class.
Ataru & Lum romance relationship episode, didn't expect Ataru to accept a date with Lum without other reasons.

[Owarimonogatari] - 01

I could hear Arararararagi all day, but I'll be happy with just 48 minutes. :p

Utawarerumono 01

I wasn't gonna check this one out but it turned out to be a nice surprise! Kuon is great lol. The part in which she is
peeping on Haku instead of it being the other way around
made me laugh out loud. So far so good! Another one for the list!

Attack on Titan: Junior High 01

vI8wTja.jpg
aTIMCaF.jpg
wbkSqHK.jpg

In Attack on Titan Junior High, the cast of AoT gets attacked by Senjougahara instead of Titans.

If they were going to ape the first OP they should have gone the whole way and just did the first OP same song with the chibi art style. The use of the same OST is pretty funny at times, though. I know I said they should have gone all the way for the OP but this is already overusing "Scene from the series with a punchline at the end."

I dunno it's alright, a few of the gags were good, the one at the beginning with Jean was probably the best. But its clear this will just be an average comedy series using highly flanderized versions of the characters, which is about what anyone should have expected. At least it succeeds in making Eren look like a dumbass, thumbs up for that. I take it back, maybe S2 will be better then this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom