• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

Fafner S2 - 23

Starting to move a bit too quick now. I think the earlier episodes moving at too slow a pace have resulted in this.

I totally expected
Toumi to bite it
. Chalk it up to a series like this for still being unpredictable.
She
had quite a few death flags.

The ROE Alpha team I feel needed more fleshing out. They just came across as murderous psychopaths for no real reason. Terribly-written characters.

sonicmj1

Recap Girl Utena 13

Man I am glad the trend of having a recap episode with new stuff in it died out. At least it wasn't as bad as the S-Cry-Ed one though. I know that they probably still exist but I haven't seen one in a long time that wasn't from a 90s/early 2000's show.
Utena recap episodes are mandatory.

phaze

Recap Girl Utena 13

Man I am glad the trend of having a recap episode with new stuff in it died out. At least it wasn't as bad as the S-Cry-Ed one though. I know that they probably still exist but I haven't seen one in a long time that wasn't from a 90s/early 2000's show.

I remember really enjoying Lain's recap that I think still did something like that but yeah glad it went away.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 17

Not really a fan of this
Black Rose angle so far, it's a neat way to continue the story arcs of the student council but it puts Utena against people who have no real desire to get the Bride and are pretty much brainwashed zombies.

They also seem to have taken away from me the first version of Mokushiro if my ears don't deceive me. ;_;

The ROE Alpha team I feel needed more fleshing out. They just came across as murderous psychopaths for no real reason. Terribly-written characters.

I thought the extended edition of episode 1 handled it as well as this episode did for Hester. Just enough to give them a valid reason for feeling and acting the way they do towards all things Festum/assimilation, but not excusing them for all the horrible things they are doing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's my birthday, yo.

vOebKjP.png

It's my birthday, yo. Maybe I'll get the Ping Pong bluray with some of my bday cash.
Happy day of birth!

Also the day you realize you have been doing MAL wrong. Their app is fucking immaculate, I had been using the mobile browser version all along, which isn't that great. As a developer, I say this app is a piece of art. Super easy to rate your shows and update your view count.

Narag

Also the day you realize you have been doing MAL wrong. Their app is fucking immaculate, I had been using the mobile browser version all along, which isn't that great. As a developer, I say this app is a piece of art. Super easy to rate your shows and update your view count.

They finally made an app?

Interesting. I'd been using atarashii for a while (and imal on ios). Both of which were ok, just not as great as Tenpenchii (the android client for hummingbird).

I didn't like pocketmal when I tried it. Maybe its better now.

Never tried those, I liked this one since it uses the basic MAL layout. Also the +1 episode feature on hold is so good. the very first page you see when you open your app is you currently watching list, so updating your stuff is super easy and quick.

Jaxec

Maoyu 5-12

I enjoyed the show. I expected it to be about wars and adventure, but instead got economics. It was cool though and I liked the characters for the most part. Big sister maid was developed quite nicely. I wish it explores more of the romance between the hero and demon lord, but other than that Sawashiro's voice as the Knight was heavenly. Favorite VA by far.
Also little sister maid is still the most adorable loli character I have come across in anime so yeah.

Maoyuu-Maou-Yuusha-Episode-8-Image-0001.jpg

Edit: Also this is what I would've wanted Hakua to be in Shomin Sample. An adorable little sister loli and not one that had to get naked every so often.

Russ T

Banned
But yeah, Maoyu is legit pretty good. Much like Spice and Wolf, it deserves another season.

Yusssss.

I like them both for a lot of the same reasons. They are not what you think they are, and they're actually intelligent and interesting. Helps that they have the same director!

Could've maybe done with a bit less boob-squishing/bouncing (IIRC, it's pretty front-loaded, mostly in the first episode?) from the demon lord, but eh it's anime I'm used to it.

I liked it. I just felt that it took a while to find its footing and didn't have enough episodes.

Definitely a fair complaint, although the build-up worked pretty well for me.

wonzo

Banned
Maoyu 5-12

I enjoyed the show. I expected it to be about wars and adventure, but instead got economics. It was cool though and I liked the characters for the most part. Big sister maid was developed quite nicely. I wish it explores more of the romance between the hero and demon lord, but other than that Sawashiro's voice as the Knight was heavenly. Favorite VA by far.
Also little sister maid is still the most adorable loli character I have come across in anime so yeah.

Maoyuu-Maou-Yuusha-Episode-8-Image-0001.jpg

Edit: Also this is what I would've wanted Hakua to be in Shomin Sample. An adorable little sister loli and not one that had to get naked every so often.

bookwalker has the superior manga adaptation ready to buy http://global.bookwalker.jp/list/?sr=21530

Jaxec

Yeah that was another nitpick of mine. It should've been a longer series. It could've fleshed out more of its characters, especially the hero and his issues with being too strong and not thinking too highly of himself besides that.

K: Return of Kings 1-10

This show really likes repeating the King names and titles huh. Also they spent a lot of time talking about teaming up and their plan. I think one episode was them agreeing to the 3-way alliance and discussing the plan and then next episode is the coffee table discussion repeating the same thing. Actually I feel this show likes repeating dialogue a bit too much. Oh well. Also you would think the bad guys would have a better plan than lol helicopter from the roof. Why did no one think to guard the roof?

Jaxec

Female knight was the best girl in the show. Too bad a lot of best girls never win in their respective shows (see Marika, Hanekawa, Sena, Ayumi, etc.)

Tuck

Kuroko no Basket 2 - 12
Garbage fanservice episode.

Peeping in the hot springs. A father wanting to see his daughter naked. Bountiful boob shots.

Boo. Kuroko no Basket, you're better than this.

Russ T

Banned
Yeah that was a terrible episode.

At least the show has plenty of hot dudes to make up for it?

No one's peekin' at their junk tho. ):

Kuroko no Basket 2 - 12
Garbage fanservice episode.

Peeping in the hot springs. A father wanting to see his daughter naked. Bountiful boob shots.

Boo. Kuroko no Basket, you're better than this.
It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if the content creators for shows with stuff like this if they have daughters of their own. Same thing applies to sisters or any other family member of the opposite sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom