• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
School Days 1-END

So I just binge watched School Days in one go and humm my mind is now completely marked for life...I mean this is fucked up...I can't even...I wont ask why because I know but...OH MY FREAKIN GOD

I mean I was not prepared for this!!!!

Narag

School Days 1-END

So I just binge watched School Days in one go and humm my mind is now completely marked for life...I mean this is fucked up...I can't even...I wont ask why because I know but...OH MY FREAKIN GOD

People liken it to a Greek tragedy but I thought it was fine comedy.

Mature

School Days 1-END

This is sort of a blast from the past kind of reaction now.

So today's Heavy Object episode was a recap episode...

...Am I wrong for thinking a show like Heavy Object doesn't need a recap episode?

I think gophers could comprehend the lore and story of Heavy Object.

So today's Heavy Object episode was a recap episode...

...Am I wrong for thinking a show like Heavy Object doesn't need a recap episode?

I think gophers could comprehend Heavy Object's story and world.

Recap episodes are almost never made because the staff think the audience needs a refresher on the story, but because the production is running into difficulties and they need to stall for time to make more new content.

bobawesome

Rosario + Vampire is tempting for $25 a season on Rightstuf right now. It was the anime that really got me hooked. Still...it's not what I've been holding out for. Must stay strong for that third box set of Utena.
School Days 1-END

Everyone remembers their first time watching School Days. Good times. I was expecting something akin to Clannad.

Quasar

Noragami S2 10 - Really liked this episode. I've actually really liked this story overall.

Certainly was great seeing Hiyori remember. And I find the god politics and relationships really interesting.

And kind of interesting that even this Ebisu only knows his mother from myths. Which makes sense I guess as memories don't pass between incarnations.

jgminto

CVbSnHJU8AAKNCn.jpg:large
Guess I know what I'm watching tonight
also Spectre was a fun Bond movie.

duckroll

Yeah, I could see the incident with
Rainbow Knight being the tipping point. I want to see the moment he goes rouge though.

It's worth noting that he's started to use his strange unspecified power after going rogue. That makes me think we're gonna see the moment.

And I also want to see more of Kikko. I feel like she's gonna be a big part of the puzzle since we know very little about her.

What was your favorite episode? I really liked the commentary in the Kaiju episodes.

Favorite episode has to be the first kaiju episode. I really like how it had an anthology feel to the story format, and covered events in prior decades. The second part of the kaiju story was much, much worse.

as far as the tipping point goes,
I think they'll definitely show that, but maybe not until the end of the season. If they're doing a split-cour show, which all signs indicate they are, then it would make sense to have that be the big finale after which they can dedicate the second season to showing Jiro's counterattack plan.

Pandora in the Crimson Shell TV anime confirmed for winter 2016

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nime-also-airs-as-tv-series-in-january/.96125

When Nanakorobi Nene, a cybernetically-enhanced girl-next-door, heads to the island metropolis of Cenancle to live with her aunt, she has no way of knowing what's in store for her. A chance meeting intertwines her fate with that of the super-rich inventor, Uzal Delilah, and her adorable and grumpy companion, Clarion, who happens to be a cyborg just like Nene.
Nene is thrilled to make a friend, but there's more to Uzal and Clarion - and the island of Cenancle itself - than meets the eye. When a super-powered terrorist threatens Cenancle, Uzal claims that the only way to avert disaster is for Nene to team up with Clarion and use their combined powers - abilities Nene never even knew she had!
bAfNViY.jpg
W0W5gGU.jpg
lZqYcog.jpg

pbayne

Finish YuYu Hakusho Dark Tournament Arc

Its weird whenever anyone mentions hakusho this arc is always what they mention. So i assume it is the shows "peak", not to say the other parts are bad but no one ever mentions what happens after the dark tournament.

But what a peak it was. Yes it was all action, no story for the most part but the animation and art direction is sublime
(apart from Hei's final fight. The fuck happened there?)
I love that Togashi makes every character feel important as opposed to something like Naruto or Bleach that sacrifices characters to make the main characters look better(fuck Bleach for making Chad a jobber).

Its weird whenever anyone mentions hakusho this arc is always what they mention. So i assume it is the shows "peak", not to say the other parts are bad but no one ever mentions what happens after the dark tournament.

But what a peak it was. Yes it was all action, no story for the most part but the animation and art direction is sublime
I love that Togashi makes every character feel important as opposed to something like Naruto or Bleach that sacrifices characters to make the main characters look better(fuck Bleach for making Chad a jobber).
If you don't think the Hiei/Bui fight is anything but pure Shinbo ballerness you need to get your priorities in line!

Joe Molotov

Go! Princess Precure 42

One minute we're just taking a leisurely stroll through a field without a care in the world, and the next minute Kirara can't take 5 minutes to fight a Zetsuborg without missing apparently the last flight to NYC? Come the fuck on. Dabi wouldn't have allowed this bullshit.The modeling agency can't even send a cab around? I'm not willing to suspend my disbelief that far for this magical princess anime.

Moaradin

Which is odd because that arc is pretty damn good. I like it more than the Dark Tournament in a lot of ways.

Qurupeke

Noragami Aragoto 9
Woah, Ebisu is one of the most entertaining characters. I loved both his interactions and his fight with Yato. The part with Izanami and what Ebisu was seeing was very funny, in an otherwise serious moment. lol The whole episode was top stuff, a lot better than the previous arc. I'm not really fond of Hiyori forgetting Yato again, but it's handled waaaaay better now. Damn, there's even a potential love interest now, I really hope she's not gone for good. Nora is also pretty entertaining, I didn't expect her "betrayal".

Noragami Aragoto 10
And the fun continues. The whole underworld had been a great part for the series, Ebisu is really the best character. I also liked the scenes with the regalias and the gods, the music that played when the spider appeared was so perfect for the moment. Anyway, fuck cliffhangers. :(

Noragami Aragoto 10

Ebisu is a character who is both awesome and craven. He wants to control phantoms, and is willing to lie, cheat, and work with unsavory character to do it. But he wants to control them
just to help people.

That's it.

He also suffers from a rather odd case of cloning blues.

Anyway, really solid episode, save for some artistic troubles.

duckroll

Noragami Aragoto - Episode 10

I'm still not really feeling this arc. What I do find interesting is the introduction of all the other gods and so on, and Ebisu is a more interesting character than he seemed initially. What I dislike is the false tension drama with Hiyori. It's obvious she'll never forget him, or there'll be no show, so there's little point in playing that card. At least that's over with though. :p

Young Black Jack 10

"I'm super incompetent but I'm still gonna let this guy bleed out just because I don't want to break the law"

The female doctor sucks so hard, how did she get an internship in the first place? Thank god for Hazama.

-----
Anyhow, even though the previous episode was rather slow because it had to kick off the new arc this episode was really fun, also brutal in some places. I'm actually really looking forward to next week.

There's like, a guy with a katana instead of an arm. Might be the coolest (read: edgiest) thing ever.

Jarmel

Banned
When did you stop? The narrative structure is still kinda half-baked in the sense that it doesn't feel like they have enough runtime or episodes to really tell the full stories they want to, but it gets a lot better when there are just enough events across the timeline which they cover to create a sense of continuity via event landmarks. Once I could see where it was all going and how things were connected, even the individual stories started to feel more "complete".

I think I'm around 5, I'll have to check later today. I'll probably end up rewatching 5 since I'm not sure I finished the episode.

Porco Rosso

I'd mor or less avoided tis one for some years now as I'd heard it often decried as falling short of Miyazaki's other works and that it was a little unconventional for one of his films. What I failed to do was interpret that sentiment as meaning it strayed away from the usual formula of the youth on a quest. Instead I was treated to something that I'd describe a little more "adult" compared to the usual Miyazaki Ghibli fare.

There's just so much I liked about this one but foremost of all was Porco's character existing in a time that had no real place for him. He was this living anachronism who almost felt like the very spirit of the seaplane pilots Fio had heard about growing up. His non-commital approach to living life anyway but his own superficially sounds like so many other protagonists but Porco felt unique in how he didn't seek isolation but carried it about with him, keeping a safe distance from near anyone he'd ever known or cared for. He had a place with Gina, he had a place with the Air Force, he could have had a place with Fio but that would have been caging the bird that needed to fly free to survive. I mean, I hope Gina won her bet at the end but there's this sense of inertia with her waiting in her garden that's so wonderfully complementary with Porco's meandering through life.

Another thing I really enjoyed was the grounded setting. There's this pulp sense of adventure to Porco's life but the world it takes place in is so close to our own. Yes, there's the issue of the pig spell but that carries the weight of explaining the visual metaphor of someone that had discarded their humanity and/or cannot become the person they used to be. The same goes with Porco in the cloud prairie as that's entirely dependent on Porco's reliability as a narrator when telling that story to Fio. The rise of Fascism in Italy also gives the film a historical basis that's easy to relate to, putting the story a little closer to home than I would have expected going into this.

There's also this genuine infectious sentiment in this movie regarding aircraft. It's not a secret Miyazaki likes planes and the film felt like a revelry in such. So many beautiful flight sequences and lovely mechanical animation throughout, it's actually piqued my curiosity towards The Wind Rises. It's just so great that there was this entire seaplane culture on display in some corner of the Adriatic. It's doubly great that we get to witness its twilight hours where some have resorted to bounty hunting and others piracy simply to make a living as the world sweeps away the concept of freelancing pilots by binding them to countries be it via licensing or military service. It's risen and fallen to the point that it's something grandfathers tell their granddaughters like a fairy tale about how things once were with the heroes of the sky going forth and defending the honor they treasured most.

New favorite Ghibli movie? Very well could be although I still need to go through the Takahata stuff. I can see myself coming back to this one often regardless.

Yea Porco Rosso is my favorite Miyazaki film, mostly because the tone is so different from his other works.

Chindogg

Noragami Aragoto - Episode 10

I'm still not really feeling this arc. What I do find interesting is the introduction of all the other gods and so on, and Ebisu is a more interesting character than he seemed initially. What I dislike is the false tension drama with Hiyori. It's obvious she'll never forget him, or there'll be no show, so there's little point in playing that card. At least that's over with though. :p

They stretched it out over a couple of chapters in the manga. I'm glad they got it over with quickly because really Hiyori x Yato OTP.

Hiyori has always felt like a pointless character, the last arc suggested she isnt needed and this arc thus far shes served no role, clearly other people remembered yato before her and many after so everytime shes been wasting screentime this season Ive been a bit bored.

Yukine provides far better emotional complexity.

javac

Dybex are releasing Gunbuster vs Diebuster The Movie in France and while doing so commented that they'd like to have released the Gunbuster OVA but the license isn't available outside of Japan.
Dybex Facebook

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Young Black Jack 10

The female doctor sucks so hard, how did she get an internship in the first place? Thank god for Hazama.

Glove Live Wool Idol Festival pls, she's the only decent person on the show. Everyone else is a selfish wiggly tiggly, but she, on the other hand, actually cares about others and most importantly Jack. And this was clearly a case where she had done 95% of the work and Jack just finished off the rest and tried to take the credit.

duckroll

BONES sure has been super busy since 2014. They already have 5 shows (Snow White S2, Show by Rock S2, Bungo Stray Dogs, My Hero Academia, Mob Psycho 100) confirmed for 2016, with a 5th one being very likely (Concrete Revolutio S2). I wonder if they have even more stuff in the works too for the end of 2016.

BONES sure has been super busy since 2014. They already have 5 shows (Snow White S2, Show by Rock S2, Bungo Stray Dogs, My Hero Academia, Mob Psycho 100) confirmed for 2016, with a 5th one being very likely (Concrete Revolutio S2). I wonder if they have even more stuff in the works too for the end of 2016.

Well, we do know there's some big original project planned for 2017 that should be announced in 2016.

Clov

Dybex are releasing Gunbuster vs Diebuster The Movie in France and while doing so commented that they'd like to have released the Gunbuster OVA but the license isn't available outside of Japan.
Dybex Facebook

Well, this is certainly frustrating. Who's the international rights holder to the OVA anyway? Is it Gainax themselves? Is there some holdup because of music/voice actor rights?

I don't think the original OVA has a Blu-Ray in Japan yet anyway; maybe something will change a few years after that gets released (if it gets released).

javac

Well, this is certainly frustrating. Who's the international rights holder to the OVA anyway? Is it Gainax themselves? Is there some holdup because of music/voice actor rights?

I don't think the original OVA has a Blu-Ray in Japan yet anyway; maybe something will change a few years after that gets released (if it gets released).

Of course it has, I own it! Not English friendly. Came out back in February 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom