• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

This so much.

Like i love Ghibli and Miyazaki but fuck i found Wind Rises really self-indulgent.

Like Jiro is what Miyazaki fantasies himself to be. Watch nearly any Ghibli movie and you know they have a massive hard-on for flight or flying=independence/freedom. Im not saying all their movies have to be whimsy and wonder but Wind rises is so dry at times. Scenes were Jiro and his friend just sit smoking, talking about planes who was riveted by those apart from Miyazaki? Yes realism is nice to have but don't sacrifice entertainment for it.

I get the whole anti-war and corruption of creativity/beauty theme they were going for but it just felt really meh by Ghibli standards.

I was!

TheRancor

This so much.

Like i love Ghibli and Miyazaki but fuck i found Wind Rises really self-indulgent.

Like Jiro is what Miyazaki fantasies himself to be. Watch nearly any Ghibli movie and you know they have a massive hard-on for flight or flying=independence/freedom. Im not saying all their movies have to be whimsy and wonder but Wind rises is so dry at times. Scenes were Jiro and his friend just sit smoking, talking about planes who was riveted by those apart from Miyazaki? Yes realism is nice to have but don't sacrifice entertainment for it.

I get the whole anti-war and corruption of creativity/beauty theme they were going for but it just felt really meh by Ghibli standards.
How come I could watch it 3 times? :p

Rainy Cocoa Rainy Color S2 Episode 10
CVjMAG7WEAA9Yks.png

Silly episode but his face made me laugh (asking to Marue Shunya). He didn't have to add the Im normal part.

Anyway it was funny seeing them ask which of the cast would he want to be with, where they would go on a date to, and other things.

Comet Lucifer - 10

COMPLETLEY

RUSHED.

PACIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGG!

Lol at human Moura in the preview.

Yeesh, it's almost difficult for me to tell whether the robots are CG or not. Like, they look like they're made to be 3D but there's all these effects on the screen along with the lighting that it's making them blend in well enough that at the same time they almost look 2D.

Gundam IBO 10

Hadn't noticed in previous episodes how the OP changed at the part with that long haired guy, which now shows him kissing the captain lady, along with his whole harem as well aha.

Oooo, is this Orga's first crush?! And LOL at Mikazuki's harem. At the end I was actually scared of what was going to happen, the setup for a couple of deaths was right there... Let's see what happens next week.

Basically the show continues to be A-tier.

Dynedom

Gundam IBO - 10

That EP transition! :O

Is this confirmed for 2-cour? I really hope the time they are taking now doesn't mean they have to rush things later.

duckroll

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 10

Aikawa doing time travel stories always hurts my head, except this time he wrote it deliberately to hurt heads so in the end it turned out to be..... rather simple because it was so convoluted there's no need to think too much....? Maybe? Lol. Either way, it looks like they're indeed building up to Jiro's big split in Shinka 43 for the season finale. Just a few more pieces need to fall into place now.

I hope that all the newcomers to Gundam who end up liking IBO all the way through go back and check out the really good Gundam shows that came before it.

I'm sure IBO is written competently enough to serve as a decent enough show on its own, but stuff like the Gundam 79 movie trilogy, War in the Pocket, and G Gundam (especially) are where the real great stuff lies.

Hagi

Gate Episodes 1-3

Decided to watch this on a whim because it seemed like quite an interesting concept for a show but I didn't know it was basically a recruitment series for the JSDF lol Still kind of fun I think even with the weird slant it has going. Can't say I've ever watching something where 60,000+ people are killed in such a casual fashion. Felt quite bad for the armies who attacked them. I'll probably finish this seeing it's only 12 episodes.

Cornbread78

Asterix ep.10
Ok, vampire girl is a little OP here, but take out imouto and she's doomed. The two loli's gave us a good fight but these fanservice scenes with those two really need to go.. Pretty good episode overall, but annoying with some of the otaku stuff, lol.

Fair enough.

Despite my complaints, i still think its a good film, just one of Ghibli's lesser offerings.

Given the films at the bottom of Ghibli output (Cat Returns, Howl's, Earthsea), I can't agree with that.

I hope that all the newcomers to Gundam who end up liking IBO all the way through go back and check out the really good Gundam shows that came before it.

I'm sure IBO is written competently enough to serve as a decent enough show on its own, but stuff like the Gundam 79 movie trilogy, War in the Pocket, and G Gundam (especially) are where the real great stuff lies.

I doubt the people who are attracted by IBO will appreciate what G Gundam has to offer.

I doubt the people who are attracted by IBO will appreciate what G Gundam has to offer.

I know, it's tragic.

Still though, they may enjoy the original story of Amuro, Char, White Base, and the Zeon, before Sunrise kept reusing the exact same formula for Gundam as the base for many other of their mecha shows nowadays.

Phatmac

One of the best comfy episode of this show yet with lots of backstory for some of our crew. The theme for today was family as it showed the boys doing their best for their little sisters while Kudelia is being scorned by her own. We also got a much needed backstory for Altra and her childhood with Mika which was sweet. I laughed hard when she suggested the harem route for Kudelia and Altra with Mika. Glad we got some tense action near the end to get the show going. Man are Orga and the mature lady so awkward together. I ship it! Every problem should be resolved with a harem route fuck the drama. Jk

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I would pay money to see a person attempt to do a foodgasm on stage.

Clov

Mobile Suit Gundam: IBO 10

The amount of death flags for cute blond guy was astounding. Honestly thought he was going to die before the episode was over. Like, he has a sister that he wants to send to school, he wants to start being more useful, and he's pretty much defenseless in space where we have heard earlier in the episode that pirates often ambush ships. Will he survive the next episode? I'm betting on no.

I know, it's tragic.

Still though, they may enjoy the original story of Amuro, Char, White Base, and the Zeon, before Sunrise kept reusing the exact same formula for Gundam as the base for many other of their mecha shows nowadays.

From what I have observed, being a fan of traditional Gundam and being a fan of IBO seems to be mutually exclusive.

One Punch Man 10
A mostly setup episode but still kind of cool. Tatsumaki switching art styles was pretty funny. Looking forward to next episode where the actual fighting starts

You've become that old man stuck in the mecha past.

From what I have observed, being a fan of traditional Gundam and being a fan of IBO seems to be mutually exclusive.

Yeah, many fans of traditional Gundam don't really enjoy IBO because it's just another one of Sunrise's formulaic Gundam shows that really started to become popular ever since Gundam SEED.

While many big fans of IBO here don't know much of Gundam and really enjoy it because it feels like something they haven't seen before.

Yeah, many fans of traditional Gundam don't really enjoy IBO because it's just another one of Sunrise's formulaic Gundam shows that really started to become popular ever since Gundam SEED.

While many big fans of IBO here don't know much of Gundam and really enjoy it because it feels like something they haven't seen before.

I haven't seen IBO, but most of the comments about it right now seem to be about how it is different from other Gundam. Either people are complaining that it is a robot show without robots, or praising it for not feeling beholden to have a fight every week.

Cornbread78

Calvary ep.10
Shizuku all the way wa with this one. It was a pretty cool battle and she's a much better character when they don't show her trying to bone Onii-sama. President is unbeatable, but why do we have these crooked guys there now, hopefully, they aren't turning this into some slanted shit that we are getting from Asterix.

Concrete Revolution Episode 10

Origin story of Mr. Jaguar was all I could figure out for why this episode was important.
still to think the watch would be what makes him a paradox. I was kind of hoping for the vanishing outcome or more of the future future stuff

Taruranto

Maybe one day he'll mature to the point of actually interacting on-screen with his girlfriend instead of flirting with all those other girls all the time. Monogatari is a series that wants to have its cake and eat it too when it comes to how Araragi and his harem.

Pretty much. I facepalm every time I read about ~wonderful~ relationship he has with his girlfriend and how the series it's not an harem.

I wonder how the fans would react if Senjougahara went around kissing and groping underage boys all the time.

Puruzi

Banned
Maybe one day he'll mature to the point of actually interacting on-screen with his girlfriend instead of flirting with all those other girls all the time. Monogatari is a series that wants to have its cake and eat it too when it comes to Araragi and his harem.

He knows that he chose poorly and that gahara is a shit

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 10:

It is the rare show indeed that has this much character development and spreads it along to even like the lower deck members of the crew and that is what has been making this series so damn good.

DiaLover More,Blood Episode 10

The composers tracks during these scenes, how are they always so oddly fitting. Shuu feels a bit more forceful this season, he had never been on my top list for the Sakamakis because of his personality (would want more Kanato and Ayato) and this episode would keep him close to the bottom.

Also that Yuki Kaji creying and screaming
the death of his Teddy !!! :(

I wish she would tell the Sakamakis the truth, why hide that the Mukami's kidnapped her?

Hagi

As a longtime Gundam fan I'm just happy to be watching something that is well written and with interesting characters across the board.

You aren't watching it?

I hope they check out gAGE, its really underrated.

Though I need to checkout out those old gundams.Will be curious if they can be at least as good as 00, not expecting wing or seed levels of good.

You've become that old man stuck in the mecha past.

The mecha of the past were filled with creativity, a sense of wonder, fun, spirit, and imagination!

Nowadays there's this rather excessive amount of cynicism and a general feeling of unpleasantness!

I haven't seen IBO, but most of the comments about it right now seem to be about how it is different from other Gundam. Either people are complaining that it is a robot show without robots, or praising it for not feeling beholden to have a fight every week.

I think they're praising it because there doesn't seem to be a large amount of badly-written melodrama and clichés, as one would expect from Mari Okada writing a Gundam show.

As a longtime Gundam fan I'm just happy to be watching something that is well written and with interesting characters across the board.

True, but as I've heard Jexhius on Twitter say: It's one thing for the show to be well written. It's another thing for a show to be memorable.

You may feel that what's being shown in IBO is done well, but has any of it left a good impact on you yet?

If it has, great. But the general reaction I'm seeing from other long time fans is that there doesn't seem to be anything like that, or anything interesting regarding the technological aspect of it.

You aren't watching it?

I think he's watching it through twitter impressions lol

Waiting for it to at least reach endgame status and see what the general consensus is then before I dive in.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
One Punch Man Episode 10:

As others have stated this was a set up episode but not just for the next huge threat as we get to meet most of the top heroes that belong to the Association, well, expect or Blast but there was no chance of that happening at this point.

Hagi

Badly written melodrama and cliches are a Gundam staple lol I'd think people would expect that with or without okada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom