• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wait if you can just watch it yourself and form an opinion of your own?

It's only 10 episodes.

I've just got a really bad feeling that Mari Okada is going to pull something sometime after the halfway point.

If dive in now and it all goes bad then, I'm gonna be super salty. Nothing is more infuriating than seeing something I enjoy turn into something I dislike (Looking at you, Gundam 00 S2).

So this time I'm going to play it safe.

phaze

It's more to fill Ikuhara's need for cow episodes and for the writer's obsession with them. Watch that scene from melody of oblivion. *NSFW* (same writer)

Why Enokido ? Why ?

OPM 10

At this pace, aren't they going to finish it up in the next episode ? I hope they threw all their budge ... tfu time at it.

Somehow I imagined Tatsumaki's voice differently, will need to get to it.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 24

It's a recap episode. Wait
can you even call it that when it focuses exclusively on the select few Nanami episodes ?

Not a fan of this entire Black Rose arc.
The narrative excuse to have all these people fighting Utena is flimsy to say the least and Utena herself barely has any connection to most of them. I just hope this all this time spend on a ~10 side characters will end up mattering as more than just some added background and development for the student council trio(quartet?). If not then the price to pay for those few bits of insight into Himemiya, Utena, or the concept of being entrapped by memories was hefty indeed. Utena herself also ground my gears with her complete lack of agency when it came to the constant stream of brainwashed opponents (with even her own best friend among them) or Anthy and the End of World stuff, where she never attempts to find out more than she has already been spoonfed.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen so many slappings in any other show.

Moaradin

OPM 10

At this pace, aren't they going to finish it up in the next episode ? I hope they threw all their budge ... tfu time at it.

Somehow I imagined Tatsumaki's voice differently, will need to get to it.

Probably gonna get a lot of sweet extended fight scenes :D

Exalted

I've just got a really bad feeling that Mari Okada is going to pull something sometime after the halfway point.

If dive in now and it all goes bad then, I'm gonna be super salty. Nothing is more infuriating than seeing something I enjoy turn into something I dislike (Looking at you, Gundam 00 S2).

You say you don't watch it because it might become bad, but at the same time you watch Comet Lucifer...

You say you don't watch it because it might become bad, but at the same time you watch Comet Lucifer...

Comet Lucifer is more underwhelming than it is bad, per say. When I watch it, I think: "Wow, this would be so much better if it was 24 episodes."

There is some good stuff in it like the actually well done CG and the character of Do Mon.

It's really rushed and not good with most of its other characters and world-building, and I don't really recommend it, but it could be a lot worse.

He's just can't get enough of that awesome CG mecha action.

Hey, 2D robots will always reign supreme!

When I say Comet Lucifer has the best CG mechs, I mean it has the least bad CG mechs!

CG mechs are still CG mechs.

phaze

Simply the best

Well, there's Soredemo machi ga mawatteiru, Arakawa under the bridge, or Hanasaku Iroha for you to try then :p

Preemptively dropped.

So I've been rewatching some bits of GaoGaiGar lately, and man, I think the Final Fusion might be my favourite gattai sequence in any mecha anime ever.

The way a stealth bomber, a train, and that drill machine thing all split apart and attach itself to the robot are just so cool to look at.

That and the music is fantastic.

What are some other really good and memorable mecha gattai sequences are out there that I may not have heard of? Or even awesome transformation sequences outside of mecha?

Daimos kinda combines with the car
. It .. it counts right ?

Concrete Revolutio 10
MIjTWXN.png

Ah, yes of course, it makes perfect sense...

...I think.

Interesting to see time lore where paradoxes aren't destroyed, but rather protected.

Concrete Revolutio 10
I've pretty much given up trying to make sense of this show's continuity. I'm sure they'll give us a bunch of exposition to explain it all when if it matters anyway.

Cornbread78

Comet Lucifer ep.10
Damn, lots of happenings really quick, but still packed a punch, even some feels, lol. While that pacing might have been pretty quick, the battle was well done and it was a good episode overall. DE Mon....

Oh and Breadmilf trying to act all innocent, Ugghh you're a one and done kinda woman..

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Chivalry of the Failed Knight (catching back up)

Tsundere Princess Girl: "So, Ikki, we've been dating for a while now, and I can't help but notice that when I asked you to strip me naked, you got a raging hardon...so I was kind of thinking you should fuck me."

Ikki: "No, I can't because [nonsensical anime reasons]"

Tsundere Princess Girl (internally): "OH GOD WHY I AM SUCH A SLUT"

I guess there's a reason he's called the Worst One.

Ascheroth

One Punch Man - 10

Set-up episode. Tatsumakis art changes were hilarious and some cool moments in there. Still felt that it was somewhat underwhelming though tbh. But whatever, next episode should be glorious.

Comet Lucifer - 10

The fight was cool again, but everything else felt mostly whatever. I can't help but think that the structure of the show is a mess. The first 6 episodes felt like the prologue to a grand, epic adventure. But then the adventure was really short and... weak.
It makes it even worse when there was this semi-flashback about what many things they encountered on their long journey which I can't really take seriously when they had double the episodes in that one town.
Felia constantly
getting captured
is also getting seriously annoying. It's what, the third or fouth time already?
I don't really think they can salvage this in the last 2? episodes but hopefully we'll get at least some kickass battles out of them.

Okada Gundam - 10

Another slow episode focused on the characters. Next week should be some fine action.

Cornbread78

Owarimonogatari ep.10
Gaen is something else, laying the blame completely on poor Araragi, lol. I guess Shinobu really is the one he will die with. Which reminds me of the serious lack of Senjougahara this season since we only got to see her for one punch.. The coming battle should be good stuff.

L.O.R.D

One Punch Man 10

great episode , really liked the animation , and that introduction to
Garou
but , this show will be only 12 episode ?
because even in the remake manga they didn't finish the next arc.

One Punch Man 10

I always thought Tatsumaki's outfit was a bit weird but animated it's hilarious. I love how she suddenly shifts into shitty ONE style though. I am so hyped for these last two episodes. S Ranks are all great, but I think people will probably have issues with Superalloy Darkshine like with Puri-Puri-Prisoner.

Fun fact, Tatsumaki's VA is 23yo Aoi Yūki and she is only 145cm tall, lol

Okada Gundam 10

Wait a minute those kids...

BISCUIT YOU BASTARD

For all those Ms out there. lol

Isn't that every Nisio work, in the three I went through (monogatari, katanagatari, medaka box) the most powerful characters were all girls and it always involved the main dude being someones bitch

Comet Lucifer 10

This show doesn't mix it's two halves very well. I would probably enjoy it more if they focused on either a fantasy adventure with an amnesiac Felia, or the government conspiracy involving the planet.

That music that played during the ending when Sogo gets his resolve together was really nice though. I always like Kato's uplifting and "finding resolution" tracks. It's a shame Sogo is so bland of a MC though. As always, Roman is as based as ever.

Playing it safe just isn't the mecha thing to do.

Would Kamina wait around to gauge the general consensus? Of course not! He'd dive right in because there are shows with 2d mechas bashing each other that he hasn't seen yet!

Believe in the Okada who believes in you~!

Yeah nintendoman, you are basically the resident gundamman. It's weird for you not too be invested in this show already with all of us. I'm giving you homework, catch up with us. If the train derails you won't be alone since all of us are watching it too. Don't you want to be a part of the discussions? It'd be nice to have someone as educated in the genre as you to point things out that people like me, that never watched a Gundam show before can't see.

Playing it safe just isn't the mecha thing to do.

Would Kamina wait around to gauge the general consensus? Of course not! He'd dive right in because there are shows with 2d mechas bashing each other that he hasn't seen yet!

Believe in the Okada who believes in you~!

Yeah nintendoman, you are basically the resident gundamman. It's weird for you not too be invested in this show already with all of us. I'm giving you homework, catch up with us. If the train derails you won't be alone since all of us are watching it too. Don't you want to be a part of the discussions? It'd be nice to have someone as educated in the genre as you to point things out that people like me, that never watched a Gundam show before can't see.

If I watch IBO, would that convince both of you to watch G Gundam?

Or at least Gundam Build Fighters (Season 1) If you want a shorter Gundam show in the style of a fun sports anime?

Or at least Gundam Build Fighters (Season 1) If you want a shorter Gundam show in the style of a fun sports anime?

I've still got masterpieces like Sword Art Online to wrap up before I have the time to start other stuff.

Seriously though, just watch IBO man. It's fun.

I'll be honest friend, I'm kinda tied for time. I made the suggestion because you seem to love the series, and to be honest I can see you enjoying this. Idk if you saw it before but I had planned to watch From the New World and re-watch Hyouka, and I still haven't done it because of school and me moving places. For the next 2 weeks, shit's gonna be rough lol.

I mean I can add it to my queue, but I would probably only get to it after the 20th of this month or so?

Dragon Ball Super 22

These are the kind of changes and touchups I wanted to see. Ginyu showing up even has a perfectly reasonable explanation while explaining how Goku and Vegeta got so strong. Spoilers - its basically the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Of course. Gohan still gets owned like a chump tho

I wish that Gotenks and Ginyu had a pose-off Mettaton EX style, how dare you tease that and not deliver

I've finally escaped banishment.

While I was gone I managed to get Blu-Rays of Serial Experiment Lain, Haibane Renme, Hotarubi No Mori E, and 70 volumes of JoJo. So there's that.

That's sounds reasonable to me. I'm also pretty busy until around that time, so I'm almost in the same boat as you, lol.

But if it'll get you to watch Build Fighters at least, I'll do it.

Added to my Plan to Watch list. I will try my best, with no promises though. Christmas tends to pull me away from my screen since it's more of a time for celebration with family. I'm really hoping to check out From the New World this break as well, even if I don't get to Hyouka.

The latter can honestly wait since I feel like the longer I wait to do this re-watch (which I have been meaning to do for the past 8 or so months), the better it'll be when I finally do watch it. It'll be like wine, the taste can only improve with age aha.

Ascheroth

Added to my Plan to Watch list. I will try my best, with no promises though. Christmas tends to pull me away from my screen since it's more of a time for celebration with family. I'm really hoping to check out From the New World this break as well, even if I don't get to Hyouka.

The latter can honestly wait since I feel like the longer I wait to do this re-watch (which I have been meaning to do for the past 8 or so months), the better it'll be when I finally do watch it. It'll be like wine, the taste can only improve with age aha.

Gundam Build Fighters is super hype, have fun!

Sterok

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans

Turns out Atra is also an orphan that bleeds iron. Which isn't surprising, but her backstory is still messed up. Hard to say who had it worse though, her or Akihiro. Lots of death flags being raised. Fumitan is still a really obvious traitor. Orga is still awkward around adults. Mikazuki sure knows how to have good timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom