• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Attack on Titan a lot, but a lot of the enjoyment came from the music, art style, cool concept of battles, and seeing friends/family who don't watch a lot of anime love it.

I still eagerly look forward to the new season.

Shouta

Yeah, that loli crew is treading thin ice for me as well; Calvary has won in a route.

The only thing Rakudai has for me are the fights right now. I'm actually disliking the characters more and more aside from Ikki. Shizuku was a little better this episode but she's straight up way more annoying and creepy than Kirin and Saya are to me. The focus those two have gotten in the weird otaku pandering way is really annoying but at the very least both are worthwhile outside of it, Kirin in fights and Saya for comedy. Shizuku isn't even worth that now that her episode is done.

Yeah I can only tolerate so much of that kind of shit. It's cheesy and annoying, specially if you keep doing it every goddamn episode. It's as if the girls were pets to him or something lol.

Oh god, that show.

One Punch Man 10

"Someone farted"
got me good lol. Saitama will punch them back to orbit, I'm sure of it.

There are people that actually like it, you know. lol Getting their head patted, I mean.

I've always found it strange how people react to that. It's like stroking the hair of someone you like/involved with/whatever doesn't exist at all or something.

I don't understand though. People that watch less anime are the ones to think it's GOOD.

That might be ture.

My conversations are usually with people who say AOT is awful, but immediately recommend something far worse, like Terra Formars.

Attack on Titan is bad, and worse than several of the shows you mention in this post.

Okay I have to know...which show are you talking about?

Because all three of those shows I mentioned, you literally could not pay me money to watch.

ibyea

Banned
For my part I don't think Attack on Titans is awful. Does it have a lot of problems? Very much so, but at the very least it's entertaining and don't leave me in agony after having watched it, unlike true garbage out there. Heck, there is enough to it that I personally like it.

Okay I have to know...which show are you talking about?

Because all three of those shows I mentioned, you literally could not pay me money to watch.

They're all trash, but if someone put a gun to my head I'd easily watch something like Mahouka before AoT. I really just can't stand Araki's direction in that show. I hated it from the first episode well before everyone else turned on it.

ibyea

Banned
Edit: It is interesting that the general opinion of the anime is high on here. For a lot of people, the rotoscoping alone turned them away simply because it was new. The show ended up being one of the most polarized releases that I can remember. I'm glad that it didn't turn away as many people as I thought it would - I would rather people watched the anime rather than never get to see the story at all.

I will grant that we are sort of atypical as an audience. As for me, at first it was weird, but then I got used to it, and then I saw the potential.

what the fuck? that's some twilight zone shit

It really feels like it sometimes.

They're all trash, but if someone put a gun to my head I'd easily watch something like Mahouka before AoT. I really just can't stand Araki's direction in that show. I hated it from the first episode well before everyone else turned on it.

Yeah, I could see how the tone of AOT might really irk some people.

Perhaps AOT is one of those shows that either clicks with you, or really bothers the hell out you.

But I keep ending up in these conversations where people say they hate it, which is fine, but then go on to talk about something that makes my skin crawl.

Sorry if I came off a bit rude there everybody.

Phatmac

I feel like when people seriously say Attack on Titan is a bad, then it's the only anime they've ever seen.

I know that sounds like an asshole assumption, but it's my immediate reaction.

I don't think they know what bad anime looks like, if they think AOT is bad. AOT has problems to be sure, but it's not Irregular at Magic High School, Pupa, or Recently, My Sister is Unusual.

Things that I genuinely don't think anyone can enjoy.
When compared to most anime that comes out in the current season then I'd say AoT is good but in general I think the characters and story are poor. The idea is still solid but still leaves more to be desired. It's a 7/10 show for sure but there are lots of shows that I've enjoyed more. I'll still watch the new season for sure. Gotta see more of best boy Levi.

I'm not sure if Shouta saw my joke of a suggestion at my misery, but I'm putting it back down on the plate.

Alright so I'm putting this out here for you AnimeGAFfers that I keep an eye on like some dead relative who can't move on with their life. We old folks have saw the days of Smile Precure come by, a time where the community actually watched Precure and were exposed to a franchise that was made for a young audience. It is something that even darkside likes, despite not liking other series, including Heartcatch Precure.

So I am asking you who is willing to watch Glitter Force? The Saban Dub of Smile Precure? Would this be something even Shouta would watch for shits and giggles?

CVAhnqXU8AAnV5n.jpg:large

The dub as you can see is a "Netflix Original" (HA) and will start on December 18th. How will we see the dub get handled, beyond music changes (which I'm mixed on because the music blows already) and potential name changes thanks to ghetto 90s dubbing practices for kids shows?

Will it improve on things? Will they retain names, which is up in the air, given things like Digimon's strange localization of names? Who knows, what I want to know though, is are you willing to commit to watch Glitter Force and roll in the tears of our pain through this dub?

Think I might start prepping the GTO comments. Complete with nicknames.

ibyea

Banned

Hah, yeah his direction is melodramatic, punctuating each emotion with wild flourishes, like a visual purple prose. I was personally okay with it I can see how that might turn others off.

Phatmac

Lots of great best girl Tatsumaki in this eisode plus the introduction of most of the S class people. The alien battles and bullet dodges was great but I just want more of this sassy lost child.

Shouta

I'm not sure if Shouta saw my joke of a suggestion at my misery, but I'm putting it back down on the plate.

Think I might start prepping the GTO comments. Complete with nicknames.

Hmm, I don't know. The early Precures before they got big were OK-ish but the series has kinda gotten out of hand now...

Quasar

I feel like when people seriously say Attack on Titan is a bad, then it's the only anime they've ever seen.

I know that sounds like an asshole assumption, but it's my immediate reaction.

I don't think they know what bad anime looks like, if they think AOT is bad. AOT has problems to be sure, but it's not Irregular at Magic High School, Pupa, or Recently, My Sister is Unusual.

Things that I genuinely don't think anyone can enjoy.

That was pretty much my reaction to some of the SAO craziness here.

I liked Mahouka more than AoT, but AoT is not even in the same category as shit like the ghost rapist show. Its merely just a show thats not for me rather than actively bad.

Qurupeke

Kizu makes the next season worthy. Tbh, I haven't seen much stuff to get excited for other than that. I guess I may watch Assassination Classroom but I'm reading the Manga, so it's not very exciting. I guess I'll have to wait and see GAF recommendations.

Shouta

What do you mean?

I mean, yes, I do have my issues with the current stuff but..

Generally, with stuff that has iterations/season/different series, it changes because of the popularity. It usually just becomes a lot more derivative without a lot of effort and car put into making it feel original. i haven't watched many of the episodes of the newer series but the ones I did just felt like it wasn't fresh at all.

Chindogg

Hmm.

Ok so what's the good trash harem anime coming next season?

I need to feed my addiction.

So excited for GATE and Akagami no Shirayukihime.

Sölf;188241287 said:
I though Akagami was so damn boring. :(

Fucking blasphemy. The best heroine in any modern romance anime leading an incredibly satisfying season.

Chindogg

Sölf;188245739 said:
I really wanted to like it. It's also not bad. But I had the feeling like nothing happend. It was just meh. :|

Damn I dunno what to tell you because a lot of shit happened that whole season lol.

Jintor

Attack on Titan is awesome, it pulled me into this medium and after all all the shows I watched I still consider it as one of the most entertaining. You just can't dislike pure 100% hype.

I can dislike entire episodes in a courtyard (though of course I accept it was just the one episode and it was meant to be supes tense or whatever)

phaze

Revolutionary Girl Utena 25-26

I had trouble accepting the above two pics feature the same guy. The volume of hair just doesn't match !

This doesn't look like the end of Miki's arc. If this segment of the story will again take 11 episodes and a recap one; bringing it to 36 altogether then I'm not sure how they are going to satisfyingly conclude all that has been brought up so far.
The new animation sequence for walking up to the dueling area is probably my favorite but the first version of Mokushiroku remains the best.

How do they drive those cars up those stairs ...

Sölf

Damn I dunno what to tell you because a lot of shit happened that whole season lol.

To me all those conflicts felt like, well, nothing that had happend had somewhat lasting consequences. I don't know. Maybe it was to episodic for my taste. D:

I can dislike entire episodes in a courtyard (though of course I accept it was just the one episode and it was meant to be supes tense or whatever)

Yeah that's the problem with a show that has almost nothing else going for it outside of the action. Whenever they ain't fighting it's just not as fun.

I watched the first 19 episodes in a few sessions before I caught up while it was airing. The episodes after that were all pretty fun with good cliffhangers so I never really had the struggle of having to wait a bunch of weeks before Eren finally moved the boulder.

I kinda expect the second season to be a lot worse as we seem to be getting more talking and less fighting with that.

Diodiablo

Banned
Not much interesting stuff except maybe some of the short shows.

Yeah, actually lackluster when compared to Fall, where I was pretty excited for at least 3-4 shows. The only thing that I am really waiting for are sequels (AC,Durarara, Gate).

I cannot even find the Ecchi show for my guilty pleasures!

I could not complain with VD and SMNT this season.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Only six shows with no males in the image or male pronouns in the description. Next season is going to have a really short OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom