• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxec

One Punch Man 10

KING is a fucking monster. Not even fazed by this invasion.

Osomatsu-san 10

Hilarious episode. Probably the funniest of the show for me thus far. Loved the character interactions and the show is still beautiful to look at. Juushimatsu still proving why he's the best of the sextuplets!

Ascheroth

Monster Strike 6 - 10

This show continues to be pretty fun. Hinami was hilarious.
I think the short episodes would be, well, a bit too short for this show on a week to week basis, but watching a bunch of it all at once every few weeks works out pretty well.

Digimon tri part two visuals

CVnVeBuUAAAZ19N.jpg

It seem we will know what happened to the crew of 02 in this movie

Digimon tri part two visuals

It seem we will know what happened to the crew of 02 in this movie

Yeh, they were stuck in the same crap show as the rest of the cast.

I really appreciate how these promotional images go as far as spoiling more ultimate level digimon evolutions. Good thing I already no longer care about Tri.

So some more info about that Madoka concept movie has surfaced from the January 2016 issue of the Newtype magazine.

There are multiple sources for this, but they all include a poster for a visual, and I don't know if that counts as a scan, but here's the news. Some Madoka Rebellion spoilers below.

-New story of Madoka Magica is in the works.
-The ballet stuff from the concept movie is in the new story.
-Mami would be stronger with the "image of "goddess of battle"
-Hitomi and Nagisa take active part in the new story.
-New story will begin from the concept movie.
-No confirmation as to whether this is a new TV series or a movie.

Personally, I'm really interested in
the role that Mami is going to play in this new story. Outside of the spinoff manga, she hasn't gotten all that much focus since her role in the TV series was to serve as the introduction to magical girls and to get killed. And in Rebellion she was pretty much just a side character.

So her possibly getting a goddess form like Madoka and Homura interests me greatly because how in the world is that going to happen?!?

phaze

Well, a couple I didn't really care for:

Diabolik Lovers
Akasaka, The Hill Dyed Rose Madder
Akikan!
Bryhildr
Dragon Crisis
Walkure Romanze
Shuffle!
School Days
Yosuga no Sora
A Dark Rabbit has 7 lives.

I just started watching anime a year ago so I'very already managed to filter through years of garbage.

Either way, back to work, waaaay to busy to keep posting.

How could you dislike Brynhild ? But okay that's more than I imagined, I'll take an L. ;p

Revolutionary Girl Utena 31
Being Nanami is suffering.

Kyuur

Yeh, they were stuck in the same crap show as the rest of the cast.

I really appreciate how these promotional images go as far as spoiling more ultimate level digimon evolutions. Good thing I already no longer care about Tri.

As someone who just watched Adventure 01 for the first time, they always go out of their way to spoil as much as possible. :lol: They spoil the 8th child's digimon, all the supers and ultimates in ending 2 which appears in Episode 27 (out of 54). The opening spoils everything else from the first showing.

Cornbread78

How could you dislike Brynhild ? But okay that's more than I imagined, I'll take an L. ;p

The funny part is that only two of them I completely dropped, which was Diobolik Lovers when is was basically a family
gang rape
at the end of the first episode and the first episode of Yosuga no Sora when the sister broker into her brother's room and told him to
cum in her
or something like that. Yeah, it was gross, fu(k that garbage.. goodnight, never show your face to me again..

I have a high tolorance level and can find entertainment in most of what I watch and am rarely highly critacal of things, that's jus thow I roll. If I nitpick everything, I'd be jaded and bitter and hate everything...

back to work..

The only anime next season I'm even a little interested in is Durarara....... at least it'll be an easy season to keep up with.

I just recently finished binging through Samurai Flamenco. That show was... something else.

Cornbread78

To put it another way, Rakudai is easy to watch but it's really not interesting at all. Asterisk's last few episodes have been a little rough because of Saya and Kirin (mostly Kirin) but it still remains interesting. Asterisk could very well not have any real payoff by the time the 2nd Season ends but at least I can look forward to something, lol.

I don't know, for some reason that whole reveal in ep. 9 about the corrupt tourney organizer and giving favors (and a huge advantage) to that technical rival school just felt poorly written and contrite. It was one of those "Really?" moments for me in a plat. Other than that that, I see what you mean. It's hard to think Calvary will end in a couple weeks with so many holes in the story, but I have been enjoying that one more so far.

Sterok

Yuru Yuri S3 10

Snow is a dangerous force. Maybe Akari really is the real harem master after all. Yui is just sought out by everyone.

I wish Senjougahara and Arararagi did. They are supposed to be the couple after all.

There's an arc later on in Owari that should have some of that.

How long is Owari? We are 10 episodes in and I heard that Shinobu Mail is as long as Karen Bee, and there's arcs after that.

Jarmel

Banned
So some more info about that Madoka concept movie has surfaced from the January 2016 issue of the Newtype magazine.

There are multiple sources for this, but they all include a poster for a visual, and I don't know if that counts as a scan, but here's the news. Some Madoka Rebellion spoilers below.

-New story of Madoka Magica is in the works.
-The ballet stuff from the concept movie is in the new story.
-Mami would be stronger with the "image of "goddess of battle"
-Hitomi and Nagisa take active part in the new story.
-New story will begin from the concept movie.
-No confirmation as to whether this is a new TV series or a movie.

Personally, I'm really interested in
the role that Mami is going to play in this new story. Outside of the spinoff manga, she hasn't gotten all that much focus since her role in the TV series was to serve as the introduction to magical girls and to get killed. And in Rebellion she was pretty much just a side character.

So her possibly getting a goddess form like Madoka and Homura interests me greatly because how in the world is that going to happen?!?

So I guess this is real real.

huh

I mean I always knew they were going to milk Madoka but it feels so weird for it to actually be happening. I guess Mami will be the goddess of cockblocking.

jonjonaug

Everyone's speculating over the new Madoka concept movie and artwork but they have it all wrong. I know what it means.

It means more figmas.

Eklesp

Looking at the shows that have a second season in Jan, think I might go through the first seasons of Assassination Classroom and GATE before next year. Hopefully they are not terrible.

Other than that, looking forward to Ajin and maybe Dimension W.

Syrinx

Owarimonogatari 6

I very much loved the interactions between Ougi and Araragi. The way Ougi would manipulate Araragi is hugely entertaining and very much what I wanted out of a character like her. Ougi vs. Hanekawa also made for some great interactions. But Araragi forgetting a whole summer's worth of time with Sodachi and not recognizing her in school...I'm still not buying it.

Episodes were worth it for those interactions and they hooked me good though so whatevs. Next arc is more stuff about Shinobu though so I'm struggling to get myself pumped to watch it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cour 2 of GATE is coming? Alright, time for more of Japanese Exceptionalism at its finest.
KuGsj.gif

Shouta

I don't know, for some reason that whole reveal in ep. 9 about the corrupt tourney organizer and giving favors (and a huge advantage) to that technical rival school just felt poorly written and contrite. It was one of those "Really?" moments for me in a plat. Other than that that, I see what you mean. It's hard to think Calvary will end in a couple weeks with so many holes in the story, but I have been enjoying that one more so far.

I actually figured that was coming myself especially with the focus on the droids in the middle episodes of the season. It would have been nicer if it wasn't a sudden reveal but doing so at the opening ceremony achieves what it's supposed to do, make it look dirty, lol.

Cour 2 of GATE is coming? Alright, time for more of Japanese Exceptionalism at its finest.
KuGsj.gif

This season should be a lot more fantasy-based with very little on the JSDF/Japan politics side of the equation.

Too bad Madoka never came close to being as good as either of those

Madoka wasn't as groundbreaking as Eva or as awesome as TTGL, but it's still my second favourite anime of all time.

I just love the entire universe it has with the insane amount of detail that was put into all the witch labyrinths, and creepy, unsettling imagery.

Have you seen all the stuff the fans found out about the show with each individual episode on its wiki? It's crazy.

It really makes rewatching it fun when you spot all those details after knowing the full story.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I actually figured that was coming myself especially with the focus on the droids in the middle episodes of the season. It would have been nicer if it wasn't a sudden reveal but doing so at the opening ceremony achieves what it's supposed to do, make it look dirty, lol.

This season should be a lot more fantasy-based with very little on the JSDF/Japan politics side of the equation.

That's too bad, I loved EVIL AMERICA.

But as for Cavalry vs. Asterisk, Cavalry has pretty much pulled away as being way better outside of the whole scene where Stella asks Ikki to have sex with her and he refuses for nonsensical anime reasons (which don't even make sense in context of the plot) and then she internalizes it as "oh god why am I such a slut?"

jonjonaug

Too bad Madoka never came close to being as good as either of those

You're right, it's way better than either.

Serious talk: My greatest fear for more Madoka is that Urobuchi wouldn't be writing the script. My second greatest fear is that he is. I kinda just want him to keep pumping out original works rather than keep working on Madoka forever.

You're right, it's way better than either.

Serious talk: My greatest fear for more Madoka is that Urobuchi wouldn't be writing the script. My second greatest fear is that he is. I kinda just want him to keep pumping out original works rather than keep working on Madoka forever.

Nothing Urobuchi wrote after Madoka was as good, though.

jman2050

Urobuchi needs Shaft's guys around to keep him in line. They are, after all, the reason we got Rebellion's 100% perfect not-terrible-no-matter-what-nintendoman-says ending instead of the lame cliche Urobuchi originally had planned!

Shouta

That's too bad, I loved EVIL AMERICA.

But as for Cavalry vs. Asterisk, Cavalry has pretty much pulled away as being way better outside of the whole scene where Stella asks Ikki to have sex with her and he refuses for nonsensical anime reasons (which don't even make sense in context of the plot) and then she internalizes it as "oh god why am I such a slut?"

EVIL AMERICA does make me laugh. It's not even particularly evil either!

And yeah, that scene with Stella and Ikki...oof

jonjonaug

Nothing Urobuchi wrote after Madoka was as good, though.

This is what I call the "Urobuchi cycle". Urobuchi writes consistently good 7/8 out of 10 works and makes one REALLY good/interesting thing every 3-4 years or so. 2000 was Phantom, 2003 was Saya, 2007 was Fate/Zero novels, 2011 was Madoka, and 2014-2015 was Kamen Rider Gaim.

So I don't expect Urobuchi's next big original work to be super great, but probably still pretty darn good. Give it until 2017-2018 before we see the next 9/10 out of 10 thing that Urobuchi does.

who are you people

People with taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom