• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's really no point in comparing Madoka to Evangelion as they're both giant top tier 10/10-esque shows that deserve all the praise and critical acclaim that they get. It doesn't matter which one you think is better. They're both masterpieces.

Qurupeke

There's really no point in comparing Madoka to Evangelion as they're both giant top tier 10/10-esque shows that deserve all the praise and critical acclaim that they get. It doesn't matter which one you think is better. They're both masterpieces.

Still not as good as Bebop.

Sanzigen Reveals Bubuki Buranki TV Anime's Cast, Staff, Story, January 9 Debut
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...anime-cast-staff-story-january-9-debut/.96225

Returning to Japan after having been away for 10 years, Azuma Akira finds himself attacked and captured by armed strangers. What saved him was his childhood friend, the girl Ōgon Asabuki, and the Bubuki that had become her right hand.

Jiro Ishii and Yukinori Kitajima(i remember they're 428's writer) are writing the plot, wonder how will it end up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well WUG Zoo is an entirely different beast to WUG.

However WUG itself was a good show, though I stand by opinion that it lost its way towards the end after the promising start. However, compared to Cinderella Girls (which is a far more apt comparison than the original iM@S anime) it told the story of the journey of an idol career much better. Uzuki's journey was almost laughable.

As for Yamakan, I don't really know much about him outside of being the guy who gave Lucky Star a bad start.
Cinderella Girls really went to poop in the second cour.

Still not as good as Bebop.
It's no Space Dandy.

Narag

pUSMAEZ.gif

You're the real monster.

Naw, everyone knows it exists. Natsu no Arashi isn't even legally streaming anywhere. Even that loli vampire show is legally available. lol

Oh wow, it made it to CR. They really do get everything!

I'm pretty sure Natsu no Arashi was simulcast on Crunchyroll back in 2009, and has been on there ever since. It's definitely been on the site since I started using it in 2011.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm pretty sure Natsu no Arashi was simulcast on Crunchyroll back in 2009, and has been on there ever since. It's definitely been on the site since I started using it in 2011.
Hrm, I remember watching it fansubbed. Maybe this was when fansubbers thought they were better than Crunchy and cared about competing with them. lol

Man, when I read comments about this new Madoka news elsewhere, I'm finding myself getting angry.

People are saying things like: "I hope this new project attacks the fans even more." Like...what?

I really don't like it when a show is praised because it "attacks" its fanbase. It's another reason why I don't like Madoka Rebellion. People are saying it's good because of what those last ten minutes did to the fans, while ignoring everything else about it.

And before one of you bring up End of Evangelion as an example let me explain things further. End of Evangelion was not an "attack" on the fanbase. When I watched that, I got the last bits of conclusion I wanted from Evangelion. Yeah the "congratulations" ending was nice, but it didn't really tie up any loose ends. End of Evangelion served as the proper episodes 25 and 26 that the series needed.

I also disagree on End of Evangelion being a gut-punch.
From my understanding, Shinji ended up rejecting Third Impact. So like...doesn't that mean everybody that turned into yellow mush is alive again? I mean yeah there's a giant Rei head in the ocean along with the mass produced Evas, but it's nothing some good cleaning up couldn't solve!
All in all, it felt like the ending they wanted to make from the beginning. It wasn't meant to be a "screw you" to the fans.

I really hate it when that term is used to praise a show because it's outright mean-spirited and ignorant. People are not liking the show for being a well-written and animated piece of work, instead they're just laughing at others who didn't enjoy it and mocking them.

I can understand why someone would legitimately enjoy Madoka Rebellion and see it as a good character study. I don't like it because it felt like a Part 1 of a sequel to a show with a perfectly well thought out conclusion with no hint of a Part 2.

Now that we are getting more, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and keep my expectations in check. If it doesn't end the way many fans want it to end, please don't praise it because of that.

Please praise a piece of work for being a well-told and well-animated story that you enjoyed. Not because you think it's funny that a lot of fans didn't get what they wanted. It offers no constructive criticism, it's not thoughtful by any means, and it's just downright unprofessional and rude.

Cornbread78

I've seen Madoka, but not Eva, so I have no idea why this has been such an argument, but damn you guys are entertaining as hell with this one.

Long live Clannad and SAO!

Kyuur

Dagashi Kashi PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Sy_ld8MHA
Looks will be pretty good adaption.

Looks like it might be fun; boy am I tired of the 'walking in on naked girl' scene though.

Also the main character is always cross-eyed. It's kind of freaking me out.

Dimension W looks like it's going to have some sweet action.

Couldn't get a clear shot on the girl's design, looked like it might be a bit too ridiculous at some points. Will watch at least the first episode for the animation and choreography though.

Clov

With regards to End of Eva,
the way I saw it is that people (except Gendo) can reform if they have the will to. Only Asuka had come back by the end of the movie, but there's still hope.

As for Eva and Madoka, they're both fantastic and well made shows. They do interesting, different things with their genre. I love them both!

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 10

1449417819018.png

That Harem ending tho.

A lot of character development in this one. Atra's (rather fucked up) backstory is revealed and even some of the less important supporting characters get in on the character developing action. Needless to say, Okada is doing a really good job with the characterization in IBO.

And there's no way that the blond guy with the younger sister makes it out of alive in the next episode.

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 10

A lot of character development in this one. Atra's (rather fucked up) backstory is revealed and even some of the less important supporting characters get in on the character developing action. Needless to say, Okada is doing a really good job with the characterization in IBO.

And there's no way that the blond guy with the younger sister makes it out of alive in the next episode.

I think it was a all a red herring death flag. Usually with the way things were going, for certain something bad was going to happen. I think they decided to surprise the viewer by actually NOT having it happen. Which would be pretty funny and well done lol.

So, I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but what is everyone watching next season?

So far I've got:
Dagashi Kashi
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Musaigen no Phantom World
Prince of Stride
Macross Delta

Also Kizumonogatari and WIXOSS movies to look forward to.

I think it was a all a red herring death flag. Usually with the way things were going, for certain something bad was going to happen. I think they decided to surprise the viewer by actually NOT having it happen. Which would be pretty funny and well done lol.

I'd like to think that but here's the thing. We've gone for almost 8 or so episodes without anyone on Tekkadan or its predecessor getting killed. Additionally, Tekkadan hasn't really suffered any serious setbacks in a long while. I think the next episode will finally see Tekkadan hit some kind of roadblock.

So, I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but what is everyone watching next season?

So far I've got:
Dagashi Kashi
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Prince of Stride
Macross Delta

Also Kizumonogatari and WIXOSS movies to look forward to.

Why don't we just watch all shows episode 1 aka give all shows a chance first?

Puruzi

Banned
Dagashi Kashi
Dimension W
Oshiete! Gyaruko-chan
More Haikyuu!! 2
Mahou Tsukai Precure!
Luck & Logic

Taruranto

So far I'm only interested in Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, rest looks kinda underwhelming.

Do you really feel like you need to give a change to yet another LN adaptation set in High School and Yet another Magical Girlfriend show? Personally, I don't. Assuming by a miracle they are not shit, it will be know (see Rokka some seasons ago).

Koyomimonogatari airing next season starting on Jan 9th, ONA format: http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/74754

It's made up of 12 short stories that take place throughout the year.

Where in the timeline is this? We keep hopping all over the place lol.

I'd like to think that but here's the thing. We've gone for almost 8 or so episodes without anyone on Tekkadan or its predecessor getting killed. Additionally, Tekkadan hasn't really suffered any serious setbacks in a long while. I think the next episode will finally see Tekkadan hit some kind of roadblock.

Maybe you are right, but it doesn't necessarily need to come in a way of death. Remember that super important cargo? It's their first job now that they are under Teiwaz. What if something were to happen to it?

Mostly because ain't not everybody got time for that. There will be the poor victims that subject themselves to this ordeal. We will forever remember you, and follow your lead after reading good impressions :p

So far I'm only interested in Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, rest looks kinda underwhelming.

Do you really feel like you need to give a change to yet another LN adaptation set in High School and Yet another Magical Girlfriend show? Personally, I don't. Assuming by a miracle they are not shit, it will be know (see Rokka some seasons ago).

Well i won't disagree with adaption shows but i think give original shows a 1 episode chance will be good.
So...
Active Raid
Bubuki Buranki
Luck & Logic

Seems not so much original shows this winter.

Considering I have difficulty finding time to watch what I really want to watch, I see no reason to waste my time watching what doesn't appear to have any interesting features. If you are able to watch all anime that is produced and released and take pleasure in doing so, good for you.

So far I've got:

Unknot your knickers. Even I don't have time to watch every show, so I sort out ones I feel like I'm going to enjoy to watch and then skim the 1st episodes of everything else while I work on stuff. If you have time to watch all 40 or so shows that play each season without prioritizing in some way, go ahead.

Unknot your knickers. Even I don't have time to watch every show, so I sort out ones I feel like I'm going to enjoy to watch and then skim the 1st episodes of everything else while I work on stuff. If you have time to watch all 40 or so shows that play each season without prioritizing in some way, go ahead.

Since i watch shows via live i think i actual have time for that!
Btw, Macross Delta won't be winter show, best case is we have episode 1 at Dec 31(like Macross F) but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom