• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
His guilt wasn't that he couldn't solve it, it was that he didn't speak up.
He even said that he thought it was weird how the teacher also raised her hand. He also said how he felt overwhelmed by the classes overwhelming direction. And he even recounts how he never had anything to forget, that it was always there.

He didn't know who did it at the beginning of the episode. He had a hunch but Ougi had to make him work out all the details. That was the whole point of the subconscious line. He hadn't forgotten anything but he had also avoided connecting the dots.

There was no thing like a mystery in the two episodes. It also didn't matter if the filler characters would be fully animated or just some random kanjis.

The only reason for reviving of the events was to make Araragi realises how much he changed on that day and how he sees other people and that his silly tag line wasn't a result of being some edgy high school boy but that his idea of doing the right things was destroyed on that day.

Also the payoff within the two episodes was quite neat because that was a textbook example of character developement and character interaction but also it's the setup for the incoming episodes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The implication was that he "knew" but avoided actively thinking about it until it was suppressed, but not forgotten.

But he did know, otherwise he wouldn't have felt that betrayal that changed him into the pervert hero we know and love.

What Ougi did was force him to think about it, and himself, I guess to prepare him for the confrontation with Oikura, which isn't a coincidence.

Owarimonogatari

bieMDj0.jpg
God damn Ougi is creepy as fuck. Sure she's been seen plenty of times before in the past but as this 'episode' went on she got creepier and more hostile seeming. Those pupil-less eyes sure as hell don't help either. I can't quite place her actions either. At times she seems helpful and others she comes off as somewhat hostile.

UTAWARERUMONO -Itsuwari no Kamen - 1

This was pretty nice. The main duo's interactions are pretty cute.

I hope the show is mostly like this, with the duo just chilling out, hunting monsters here and there.
Considering both it and its prequel are adaptations of SRPGs, I seriously doubt it'll be like that for most of the run!

Cornbread78

Only Owarimonogatari

Young Black Jack
Utawarerumono

The Haikyuu opener was great. Young Black Jack, Lupin III, Utawarerumono, and Noragami also had good episodes.

If you like so bad it's good watch the two super power high school shows today. They're literally the same shit.

Alrighty then. I'm not sure we there to dig back into Tales of Symphonia or start busting through some of these..

I see the Owarimonogatari OT has been busy, but I'm avoiding the spoilers, lol.

Phatmac

With all the the generic looking magical high school anime going around it's great to have solid sport shows like Haikyu around. Almost caught up with the second season but the last episode of the first season have been intense. Great show all around.

Considering both it and its prequel are adaptations of SRPGs, I seriously doubt it'll be like that for most of the run!
It even has the same setup as the first one. Nameless amnesiac protagonist is taken in by a family, given a name, and then forced into a position of leadership and a war. Well I'm pretty sure the latter will happen here anyway.

Surprised so many enjoyed Young Black Jack as I figured the first ep would be a turn off.

I've seen the original Black Jack so I know what I'm getting into.

Plus we don't ever get a premise that's about being a surgeon in anime much. So it's refreshing compared to other anime we get all the time.

Ah. Oh well. I'm sure it'll still be fine if it's all done okay. I mean, the character interactions are the most likeable part of the show right now, so as long as it keeps it that way it should be good.

Mailbox

Owarimonogatari

God damn Ougi is creepy as fuck. Sure she's been seen plenty of times before in the past but as this 'episode' went on she got creepier and more hostile seeming. Those pupil-less eyes sure as hell don't help either. I can't quite place her actions either. At times she seems helpful and others she comes off as somewhat hostile.

personally she started being very creepy to me when it started to be implied that she orchestrated the nadako snake ordeal

Did you mean to ask about the new show arc V? Either way 5ds and arc v are both amazing if you like ygo highly recommend both

Oh trust me I've seen 5D's and it's pretty much my favorite of the entire Yu-Gi-Oh series. Haven't seen Arc V, however I've heard great things about it.

I might end up watching it someday.

Ah. Oh well. I'm sure it'll still be fine if it's all done okay. I mean, the character interactions are the most likeable part of the show right now, so as long as it keeps it that way it should be good.
Even the games spend more time as visual novel than a strategy game, so the character interaction won't stop being a focus.

Surprised so many enjoyed Young Black Jack as I figured the first ep would be a turn off.
I'm new to the franchise and I'm not sure why I would be turned off. It was a solid episode that established the character and premise pretty well.

Owarimonogatari 01

I'm a big fan of the OP. God fucking damn. This episode deserves a slow clap. I just watched 50mins of 2 people sitting in a classroom and time just flew. Only this show is able to capture my attention like this. Good to have it back. Another obvious choice to add to the list.

ED was pretty great too ^

Just getting back from all the family stuff today, and have to ask... have any of the new shows been good so far?

Everyone has answered already but I'll add my piece:

Young Black Jack
Utawarerumono
Owarimonogatari

Asterisk Wars is that kusoge that for some reason you don't mind. It's still a kusoge, but it gives you some fun. Also the setting reminds me of Mahouka.

[Haikyuu!! S2] - 01

Strong! Too strong! So much energy.
Best first episode of the season so far, the sakuga cut, the trash talk, and at the end when they cut the music, so good!
I liked the way the eyecatches were changed.

[Utawarerumono - Itsuwari no Kamen] - 01

I'll have to thank animegaf for this one, wasn't on my radar. It was really nice, thanks guys.

Cornbread78

Lol, was just adding the new stuff to my Crunchy queue and noticed that they added DearS to their programs as well. Bravo Crunchy, lol

Narag

I'm new to the franchise and I'm not sure why I would be turned off. It was a solid episode that established the character and premise pretty well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad people are liking it, I just didn't think the first episode came together as well as I had hoped given the strange OP, Blackjack being as averse to shirts as witches are to pants, and the somewhat contrived reason to get the ball rolling. I've followed the character off and on for a while now so there's this "more of the same" quality to the first ep that I just couldn't shake. That's irrelevant to newer viewers but still colors my bias somewhat.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So if I want to get in on the -gatari shows. Is there an order? Can I just watch the one this season? Someone guide me.

Cardfight!! Vanguard: G Episode 42 (EngDub)

I love screaming Generation STRIIIIIIDE while watching and thankfully they said it lots of time. Kind of expected duel outcome but good.

Ibuki punching all those scientists at the end is his best moment. Im glad hes a saviour of sorts

Crocodile

I've been unbanned for about 13 days now.

Ah I guess you've been sticking to threads I never or rarely frequent whereas before I often noticed you in threads I'd often enter (like I don't think I've seen you in the Toonami thread in a good while). Excuse my ignorance.

Puruzi

Banned
Ah I guess you've been sticking to threads I never or rarely frequent whereas before I often noticed you in threads I'd often enter (like I don't think I've seen you in the Toonami thread in a good while). Excuse my ignorance.

I'm not currently able to watch toonami so I haven't been posting there. I'm just posting in pretty specific threads right now, but I'll probably start posting in toonamigaf again soon.

Tuck

Attack on Titan: Junior High 01

If they were going to ape the first OP they should have gone the whole way and just did the first OP same song with the chibi art style. The use of the same OST is pretty funny at times, though. I know I said they should have gone all the way for the OP but this is already overusing "Scene from the series with a punchline at the end."

I dunno it's alright, a few of the gags were good, the one at the beginning with Jean was probably the best. But its clear this will just be an average comedy series using highly flanderized versions of the characters, which is about what anyone should have expected. At least it succeeds in making Eren look like a dumbass, thumbs up for that. I take it back, maybe S2 will be better then this.
I don't know why this is a thing... but I'll give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom