• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
First someone explains Dandy Sakano to me and then a few weeks later an episode about him appears.

Then I'm told about the term DD and now an episode appears with that term.

What's going on?

Call them for what they are: chinese cartoons.
I think you'll find they're actually animated in Korea.

Noragami Aragoto Episode 11
download.png

Nope, nope, nope, don't trust her.

Solid episode.

Makes some of the oddities of the previous arc easier to swallow.

Quasar

Looking at next season.

And I thought this season was terribly light.

Next looks like:

Snow White cour2
Gate cour2
Macross Delta
Koyomimonogatari

Nothing new seems enticing. And Macross I will have to watch fansubs of due to Harmony fucking Gold.

Looking at next season.

And I thought this season was terribly light.

Next looks like:

Snow White cour2
Gate cour2
Macross Delta
Koyomimonogatari

Nothing new seems enticing. And Macross I will have to watch fansubs of due to Harmony fucking Gold.

Macross Delta is probably not actually airing in January; there's just a special preview happening on New Year's Eve.

Anyway, if you're more interested in LN garbage like Gate than the actually interesting shows starting in January such as Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, all I can say is I'm sorry.

Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST - 10 [End]

Maria going full ham on that dude was satisfying.
The Chaos fight wasn't exciting, but I appreciate that it was a team effort instead of making the MC do all of it.
While this season brings closure to the arc, there is still a lot of stuff left open which they intentionally remind you of at the end, so maybe we'll see another season?

Overall I think this season was.. okay. More focus is put on new characters and more battles are present, which I don't think is this shows strong point, especially with fewer episodes than the first season. Can't blame them for trying though.
Ecchi moments felt less frequent, but had more turned up... let's just call it content. Much like the first season, easy and light to watch. If next season features more causal clothed Zest, sign me the fuck up.

A fitting end for this show.

Quasar

Macross Delta is probably not actually airing in January; there's just a special preview happening on New Year's Eve.

Anyway, if you're more interested in LN garbage like Gate than the actually interesting shows starting in January such as Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, all I can say is I'm sorry.

Right. It did seem like with Macross it was just going to be some kind of special. Just lists I looked at were a bit inconsistent on that point. I kind of figured the show proper wouldn't air till summer or something.

And Shouwa....an actual josei. Sign me up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sweet. Hopefully, Soma has a one night stand with Erina's sorry, tsundere ass, then kicks her to the cur. This way, we can spend time watching them develope a relationship with the true wifey material that is Megumi.

The word you are looking for is "waifu." Besides, Relaxed Muscle already figured out how the Tadokoro End goes:

"Soma ends up in that shitty village Tadakoro is from, running a no name restaurant which has dulled his skills over the years. Since Tadakoro had to drop after the second year, Soma had no choice that follow her and wasn't able to surpass his father. With 4 kids he doesn't have time to what he loved to do, which was cooking. But that doesn't matter anymore, cooking now is an obligation since he has 5 mouths to feed and after hours and hours of cooking out of obligation he doesn't really want to do it. He spends the nights masturbating furiously to Erina's appearances in Master Chef, always wondering what was that feeling inside him. That feeling of wanting to make Erina say that his food was marvelous, to make her taste over and over his skills in the kitchen, to go beyond his skills by travelling all over the world with her."

BAD END

Harmagedon
This was certainly an interesting movie and not particularly in a good. We were watching the dub with subs on and most of the lines were desynced. The plot was ridiculous. The plane being destroyed by a meteor with an explosion shaped like a pillar of light and she being still alive and getting talked to by "not God" Floy. Jo did some incredibly stupid stuff and the dub on his friend was fantastically terrible. As if he was told to read those lines without applying any context. The whole sudden racism with Sonny was hilarious with it coming out of nowhere and she got over it pretty damn fast. The repeated and still frames were pretty bad but there were some good scenes like one of the minions being burned and the final final fight with Genma.

Quasar

The word you are looking for is "waifu." Besides, Relaxed Muscle already figured out how the Tadokoro End goes:

"Soma ends up in that shitty village Tadakoro is from, running a no name restaurant which has dulled his skills over the years. Since Tadakoro had to drop after the second year, Soma had no choice that follow her and wasn't able to surpass his father. With 4 kids he doesn't have time to what he loved to do, which was cooking. But that doesn't matter anymore, cooking now is an obligation since he has 5 mouths to feed and after hours and hours of cooking out of obligation he doesn't really want to do it. He spends the nights masturbating furiously to Erina's appearances in Master Chef, always wondering what was that feeling inside him. That feeling of wanting to make Erina say that his food was marvelous, to make her taste over and over his skills in the kitchen, to go beyond his skills by travelling all over the world with her."

BAD END

So true.

The one thing I want from Soma S2 (that probably won't happen) is for Erina to find out the truth about Jōichirō being Soma's father.

Like, from what I've heard, it hasn't happened in the manga yet, but when it does, it's probably gonna be legendary.

Cornbread78

BAD END

tumblr_nwc83mxAXd1qbytw2o2_r1_500.png

Hold crap... OK, that is funny stuff.....

Since we are almost done this season I may as well ask, which OPs did you not skip the entire season and how would you rank those? I am the kind of guy that listens to them once, and then skips right to the episode. This season however a bunch of shows had OPs that I did not skip up until now:

1 - The Perfect Insider
2 - Noragami Aragoto
3 - Gundam IBO
4 - OPM
5 - Owarimonogatari (this one changes with its arcs, so it never really gets old)

How about you?

Cornbread78

Oh wait this season? Heavy Object is good, Owarimonogatari is good as well...

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero ep. 1-2
9IiJAGG.png

Holy ecchi… Actually, this one is so over the top that it is hilarious. The OP MC is a hero in another world, steals panties and bras from student council members to toy with them and beats up the bullies, plus, has the Demon King’s daughter from the other world, that he took back with him, by his side and pretends that she is his imouto… Insane…

Not enough Love for the Plastic Memories OP and ED... Both were pretty damn good...

Holy ecchi… Actually, this one is so over the top that it is hilarious. The OP MC is a hero in another world, steals panties and bras from student council members to toy with them and beats up the bullies, plus, has the Demon King’s daughter from the other world, that he took back with him, by his side and pretends that she is his imouto… Insane…
Awful anime that was a waste of itme. Im still shocked I watched it all the way through.

Heavy Object Ep 10 returns this week.

"Prepare to fire."
"Sir which weapons?"
"All of them."

Is this the first time they've continued a plotline across the arcs? So they're chasing the ones behind the Antarctic terrorist incident to the Iguazu region off the coast of Argentina.

On the a character's perspective it looks like they're focusing on the Nobility of the Kingdom and their dirty politics. If Haivia's backstory was a taste of it, Frolaytia's might be a dive into it. Even Hime couldn't escape their troublesome ways.

The amphibious assault was pretty cool and fun to watch. Had a good CoD vibe to it and not one onscreen fodder death lol.

Since we are almost done this season I may as well ask, which OPs did you not skip the entire season and how would you rank those? I am the kind of guy that listens to them once, and then skips right to the episode. This season however a bunch of shows had OPs that I did not skip up until now:

1 - The Perfect Insider
2 - Noragami Aragoto
3 - Gundam IBO
4 - OPM
5 - Owarimonogatari (this one changes with its arcs, so it never really gets old)

How about you?

One Punch Man. That's it. I like OPs but I usually skip them.

1 - The Perfect Insider
2 - Noragami Aragoto
3 - Gundam IBO
4 - OPM

How about you?

1 - Heavy Object
2 - Perfect Insider
3 - Gundam Iron BLooded Orphans
4 - BraveBeats
5 - Asterisk War
6 - One Piece

Bad OPs: Naruto Shippuden, One Punch Man, Concrete Revolution, Hackadol

1 - The Perfect Insider
2 - Noragami Aragoto
3 - Gundam IBO
4 - OPM

How about you?

My personnal OP that I never skipped include:

1-Haikyu S2
2-Gundam IBO
3-Noragami Aragoto
4-Seraph of the End
5- Concrete Revolutio
6-OPM

I mean those are just to good to skip! Mainly that haikyu opening because it always pump me up for the show.

I forgot to add EXODUS S2 has well! I mean all of Fafner's opening are good.

Quasar

9IiJAGG.png

Its over the topness did amuse me too.

Ascheroth

Kagewani - 11

What's this, an episode actually about the main character? And not only that, it looks like the show is going to go full plot next episode too!
And it was good.

Those shadow crocodiles are absolutely terifying. That one scene about Banbas mark was really creepy and tense.

Heavy Object - 10

The fanservice in this show is sometimes so random, that it's hilarious. I approve.
Otherwise another fun episode. Looks like we'll get some more information about Frolaythia this arc.

1 - The Perfect Insider
2 - Noragami Aragoto
3 - Gundam IBO
4 - OPM

How about you?

Well I never skip openings unless I really don't like them. Though I also never 'watch' them after the first time, rather I just listen to them while doing something else.

I don't know how I'd rate them, but the ones I actually remember are:

Fafner Exodus S2
OPM
Perfect Insider
Okada Gundam
Ushio to Tora

Kagewani - 11

What's this, an episode actually about the main character? And not only that, it looks like the show is going to go full plot next episode too!
And it was good.

Those shadow crocodiles are absolutely terifying. That one scene about Banbas mark was really creepy and tense.

Heavy Object - 10

The fanservice in this show is sometimes so random, that it's hilarious. I approve.
Otherwise another fun episode. Looks like we'll get some more information about Frolaythia this arc.

Well I never skip openings unless I really don't like them. Though I also never 'watch' them after the first time, rather I just listen to them while doing something else.

I don't know how I'd rate them, but the ones I actually remember are:

Fafner Exodus S2
OPM
Perfect Insider
Okada Gundam
Ushio to Tora

You prefer Dead or Alive over Exist?!

1 - The Perfect Insider
2 - Noragami Aragoto
3 - Gundam IBO
4 - OPM

How about you?

- Heavy Object (Didn't think much about it at first but it grew on me)
- Utawarerumono S2 (Absolutely love Suara!)
- One Punch Man (HEEEERRRROOOOOOO!!!)

Mailbox

Oh wait this season? Heavy Object is good, Owarimonogatari is good as well...

9IiJAGG.png

stop while your ahead.

that show is one of the worst fetish POS anime i've ever watched.
In my top five worst anime viewing experiences to date. Its BAD.

pbayne

Next season looks pretty eclectic

Looks interesting
Ajin
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
All the originals-Sushi police, sekkou boys, active raid etc. Ill give them all a chance.

Maybes
Dimension W
Durarara- think durarara swings wildly from poor arcs to great arcs. So i hope this will be one of the good ones.
Shiryuki-dunno first season was alright. Ill give it an episode or two.

Guilty pleasure
Prince of stride
Sekkou boys

Nope
The light novel and game adapations.
Assclass-first season was fine but i have no desire to watch more

Do we have an OPOTY and EDOTY along with the AOTY and top lists at the end of the year? This would actually make me go back and listen to the shows I watched again in order to rank them. I've come to appreciate a good OP/ED thanks to the ones I mentioned on my previous post.

Noragami Aragoto 11

Woah, Bishamon is the God of War for a reason. Don't mess around with this woman, she'll bash your skull in.
Literally.

Noragami Aragato 10

Only a bad writer would
bring the worst antagonist back. But at least he served to make Yukine shine even brighter than he already was. I hope his feelings of jealously will cause Yato to finally do something with the nora.

Do we have an OPOTY and EDOTY along with the AOTY and top lists at the end of the year? This would actually make me go back and listen to the shows I watched again in order to rank them. I've come to appreciate a good OP/ED thanks to the ones I mentioned on my previous post.

We have not had anything official in the past, but feel free to organize OP/ED voting if you want.

We have not had anything official in the past, but feel free to organize OP/ED voting if you want.

I consider myself to be new in this community, and by no shape or form would I want to step out of my bounds here aha. Plus I am not even sure if folks would be interested in it at all. I don't know who is usually in charge of the AOTY stuff, or how the votes are counted, but maybe he or she could add this in as well if folks agreed? Just a suggestion.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
For about 0.2 seconds. The year I did it we came up with a list of things and it was completely stripped back to just TV/Web show of the year and Film/OVA of the year.

Not that it really matters. We've agreed WUG Zoo is AotY so we're not bothering with a 2015 thread.

You prefer Dead or Alive over Exist?!

From a visual standpoint, I really like the Dead or Alive OP over Exist, because of all the callbacks and reference it does, like entirely reanimating portions of the Shangri-La opening and all the shots of long-dead characters. The full version even has vocal references to both Shangri-La and Exist.

But yeah, Exist gets my blood pumping a lot more, especially since it was used as an insert for some great moments.

KAGEWANI Episode 10
download.png

That was awesome.

Very Jaws-esque.

I like how this show depicts these monsters as having existed for quite some time. They're not a recent evolution or anything. They've been around for at least a few generations.

Watch KAGEWANI dammit, IT'S AWESOME!

For about 0.2 seconds. The year I did it we came up with a list of things and it was completely stripped back to just TV/Web show of the year and Film/OVA of the year.

Not that it really matters. We've agreed WUG Zoo is AotY so we're not bothering with a 2015 thread.

Guess the idea was short lived then lol

Tuck

Kuroko no Basket 3 - 1
They opened the season.... with a clip show?

What.

Well, at least it was only half the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom