• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No TUSR, no.

Go watch Girls und Panzer.

rrvv

Accel World is still "animation". not yet confirmation for TV or OVA. High chance TV thought

Apparently we got Strike of Blood OVA and SAO movie

On one hand, I did enjoy Accel World and should be happy it's getting another anime.

On the other, this means Sunrise Studio 8 will be doing this instead of another season of Horizon. So yeah, salty as fuck at the moment.

yami4ct

Accel World is bad, but it's a harmless kind of bad, so I guess I don't mind more getting made. I won't watch it, but fine for those who want it.

SAO getting a movie is a far worse tragedy. That thing is going to be a mess. I'm not sure it'll be an entertaining mess, though.

Jarmel

Banned
568335-accel_world___14___large_28_super.jpg

Can't wait for all those future NTR scenes!

Cavalry 1

Better male lead than Asterisk, but worse female lead. Better fight though with better choreography and direction. If the OP is anything to go by, there will be quite a few decent fights.

So right now, Cavalry>Asterisk.

But really, how the hell did LNs become the home of magical battle high schools? This is like the 20th adaptation of one in the last 3 years.

Westlo

Dat Kizu trailer
banderas.png

Jan 2016
tumblr_nda9e0Uszx1u0wtwho1_500.gif

3 Movies
holeup.png

Maybe a few of them wlll be short 50-60 min ones like the KnK films....

So if I want to get in on the -gatari shows. Is there an order? Can I just watch the one this season? Someone guide me.

Start with Bakemonogatari, if you like it and aren't in a rush to continue you can wait another year or two for Kizu to be fully released...(depending on the gaps between the 3 movies) since Kizu was released after the original two novels, kinda adds impact to a few things that comes afterwards.

Otherwise just proceed with the order the anime has been released in and hopefully all of Kizu is out on Bluray before the current "season" Nisio is writing gets an anime....

I still don't understand why Kizu is 3 movies. Wouldn't it be fine as one? Neko, Hana and Tsuki are essentially a bit shorter then a movie and from what I understand they are all around the same length book wise. This is like.. around 18 episodes for one book?

Really is Peter Jackson

pbayne

Haikyuu!! starting of so Damn strong. So fucking pumped for having that back in my life.

Also watched the first episode of Shirobako and Gatchaman Crowds, today.

The former seems potentially interesting, but did not immediately grab me. But the potential manga I am guaranteed to keep watching.

The latter is... Very very energetic. And colorful. And that OP is fucking great. Damn so great.

Don't worry about Shirobako's slow start, it gets way better later.

Interested to see what you make of Crowds...Its so different from what most people expect it to be. The recent sequel was excellent too.

fertygo

I still don't understand why Kizu is 3 movies. Wouldn't it be fine as one? Neko, Hana and Tsuki are essentially a bit shorter then a movie and from what I understand they are all around the same length book wise. This is like.. around 18 episodes for one book?

Maybe its 40-60 minute movie split 3, milk the cash.

Westlo

Really is Peter Jackson

Yeah, while it's kinda cool that the 3 films titles are based on Kiss-shots nickname, making 3 films for this is a bit much... only makes sense if they are 50-60 mins long...

Kizu is 80 pages longer than Hana and Tsuki as well.

The saddest part to all this is that we will never get more Baccano while we still get more mediocre crap like SAO and Accel World.

We truly live in a unfair world.😌

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
1 movie = a lot of cup noodles
3 movies = a shitload of cup noodles

Maybe its 40-60 minute movie split 3, milk the cash.

Yeah, while it's kinda cool that the 3 films titles are based on Kiss-shots nickname, making 3 films for this is a bit much... only makes sense if they are 50-60 mins long...

Yeah I hope so

The saddest part to all this is that we will never get more Baccano while we still get more mediocre crap like SAO and Accel World.

We truly live in a unfair world.��

breh you just said like two hours ago ln adaptations sucked

rrvv

dont usually anime movie is 1 hour long?

I mean the one that based on anime series not original.

Last time I remember for long anime movie is Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Ascheroth

Asterisk Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry - 01

This felt familiar. I wonder why?...
I liked this episode more then Asterisk though. Better male MC, better comedy and the fight was better.
Will continue.

jonjonaug

dont usually anime movie is 1 hour long?

I mean the one that based on anime series not original.

Last time I remember for long anime movie is Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

It depends. The Kara no Kyoukai films vary between 40 minutes and 2 hours.

wonzo

Banned
my guess is they split the movie into 3 ~40m parts for maximum theatrical $$$$$$ while releasing it as one thing for the home market…

i hope

duckroll

I'm alright with this.

I enjoyed the setting of accel world but the second half of the series put me off of most of the cast and wouldn't mind revisiting that setting with a better cast.

The cast won't change. "Original story" just means they're doing a storyline that isn't based on the novels.

wonzo

Banned
th ereal question about accel world s2 is how many fucked up toilets & gifwebms of the fat midget running with toast in his mouth will we get

zulux21

The cast won't change. "Original story" just means they're doing a storyline that isn't based on the novels.

I was hoping
Kawahara is writing the story for the original new anime, and it will feature new characters.

meant it would focus on new people.

if it's just the same cast I guess I will just hope they are written better.

I detested the second half of accel world due to how horribly written every character was in the arc... it went from a more standard show with some interesting character design choices to basically a soap opera.

despite these 20 or so solutions that you have at your disposal that could easily resolve every issue you have... instead just focus on being an idiot and randomly developing a personal code you didn't have before the arc to make 18 or so of those solutions no longer valid, and completely ignore the fact you live in a world where you are always actively recording what is going on around you and that you can rewind, rewatch stuff and send that video to others @_@

I suppose it didn't ruin the characters so much that I couldn't stand watching more, but by golly if the writing is on par with that arc again I will bail quickly.

duckroll

I watched Accel World by skipping everything that wasn't set in the VR world. Worked out fine because all I wanted was cool action. It was like watching a Let's Play of a fun action game. :p

zulux21

I watched Accel World by skipping everything that wasn't set in the VR world. Worked out fine because all I wanted was cool action. It was like watching a Let's Play of a fun action game. :p

that would be a much more enjoyable way to watch the second half lol.

it will be a shame that they won't continue the main story from the first half though. that was at least a standard but fun story line instead of the horrid mess the second half was.

people always complain about sword art's second half (of the first season)... I find accel world's far far far worse ><;

phaze

Owarimonogatari 01(-02?)
Huh. I quite liked it. If you told me beforehand what it was about and that they would be stuck in one classroom for the entire time, I would be pretty sure this wasn't going to do it for me but alas, Ougi fortunately works very well even when she has the burden of being one of the main characters on her shoulders. Her creepy ways and the mystery was enough for me to feel engaged. The resolution felt a bit cheap for as I didn't even catch that that a
teacher was part of the study group and the judgement thing.

Thankfully the spoiler I stumbled upon seems to have been a fake.

wonzo

Banned
wakako-zake 7-12

life is shit knowing i'll never again hear sawashiro go pshuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom