• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

If all three parts are this long, it'll be 180 minutes total. Which is not short at all.

60 x 3 is long for one movie. If it was three movie length movies thatd be over one season of content for one book which would be terrible. Even then 180 min is like, 8 episodes. I'm not sure how long Kizu is compared to Karen Bee or Shinobu Mail which are longer arcs but I bet they will probably add some stuff since they were originally going to do it after Bake and they have all this other content done

Yeah, it's quite long as a 180 min. movie, but as MetroidPrimeRib said, I just wonder how exactly they moved from a single movie to three. Did they have more content and that couldn't be in one movie only or they decided to add more scenes in order to have three movies? Added stuff isn't necessarily bad, and in Monogatari's case it can mean a lot of things, but still it is worrisome.

Gvitor

One Punch Man 11

Okay, I have a confession to make. I was weak and last week I read this arc in the manga. It still was great in the anime and I can't wait to see the fight animated. Shame it will end there, but at least it will be in a high note.

Dragon Ball Super 23

atXyXSW.png

lol Piccolo actually died? Super is taking the jobbing to newfound levels. I don't complain about it as much as others but everyone but Goku and Vegeta being useless is pretty ridiculous, I hope the new Super stuff remedies that because it is pretty lame. At least Ginyu got owned even harder. RIP Ginyu force.

Also subs can't decide if its Freezer, Freiza or Freeza. Same with Vegita and Vegeta (that one is obvious c'mon.)

I enjoy it! it's a good 7-8/10 show for me and I'm a big fan of the art-style.

I am a big fan of the manga though so I'm sure you'll get different opinions soon.

Its really amazing especially the newest episode. One of the best adaptations of a manga Ive encountered. Though Im a hardcore fan of the manga.

It's fun, would be bether if the main charachter wouldn't be an idiot at times with his decisions, and not be so hard to work with. Also the animation are inconsistent at times. I like the setting.

Good to hear everyone likes it because I'm really enjoying it. I had no idea there was a manga, although not surprising, I'm totally going to check it out. I just got done watching the most recent episode off of Hulu. I'm hype for where this is going and am anxious to know about the plot behind
the humans experimenting on people plus the intentions of the vampires

I do admit though that the Universal intro to the first few episodes was killing me. Like get that shit outta there lol

Anyone know how long this show will be though or are we close to the end? ;___;

Dragon Ball Super 23
lol Piccolo actually died? Super is taking the jobbing to newfound levels. I don't complain about it as much as others but everyone but Goku and Vegeta being useless is pretty ridiculous, I hope the new Super stuff remedies that because it is pretty lame. At least Ginyu got owned even harder. RIP Ginyu force.

Also subs can't decide if its Freezer, Freiza or Freeza. Same with Vegita and Vegeta (that one is obvious c'mon.)

We've reached the point in Dragon Ball where everyone that is not a god or named Goku or Vegeta will be a jobber at some point in their live. Super is just continuing the trend

Dragon Ball Super 23

We've reached the point in Dragon Ball where everyone that is not a god or named Goku or Vegeta will be a jobber at some point in their live. Super is just continuing the trend

Meh, you grow up watching wuxia or just standard kung fu films and the idea of everyone not standing a chance besides the main guys is pretty standard.

Good to hear everyone likes it because I'm really enjoying it. I had no idea there was a manga, although not surprising, I'm totally going to check it out. I just got done watching the most recent episode off of Hulu. I'm hype for where this is going and am anxious to know about the plot behind
the humans experimenting on people plus the intentions of the vampires

I do admit though that the Universal intro to the first few episodes was killing me. Like get that shit outta there lol

Anyone know how long this show will be though or are we close to the end? ;___;

The anime is getting an original ending so it's ending very soon. 2 more episodes I think.

manfestival

so this gundam show was starting to drag for me and we finally see some action like 6-7 episodes later. It was good action but way overdue

The anime is getting an original ending so it's ending very soon. 2 more episodes I think.

fuuuuck. I thought so. :(

Now to start One Punch Man and finish Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

I think I'm going to write out a list of animes to watch since keeping track in my head is awful.

so this gundam show was starting to drag for me and we finally see some action like 6-7 episodes later. It was good action but way overdue

I dunno, I didn't like this episode as much as the previous ones. These new villains are lame.

One of these days I need to watch Shokugeki no Soma. I feel I'm missing a lot.

Missing a lot might be overselling it but its a good show with a S2 coming up!

Kansoku

Yeah, it's quite long as a 180 min. movie, but as MetroidPrimeRib said, I just wonder how exactly they moved from a single movie to three. Did they have more content and that couldn't be in one movie only or they decided to add more scenes in order to have three movies? Added stuff isn't necessarily bad, and in Monogatari's case it can mean a lot of things, but still it is worrisome.

Light novel spoilers.
I think it`s because of the three fights. In a single 120 minutes movie it would probably feel rushed, as there's the intro, the setup for the fights, the between fights, the second fight, the between fights 2, the third fight, and the epilogue. I guess movie 1 will end after the first fight, the second movie will cover the second fight and the stuff between the fights, and the third movie the last fight and the epilogue.
There is quite a bit to cover, actually.

Now to start One Punch Man and finish Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

I think I'm going to write out a list of animes to watch since keeping track in my head is awful.

MyAnimeList?

Mm... so here's a fun question. What is your one manga/light novel that hasn't been made into an anime yet that needs to be?

HakoMari seems like an obvious answer to me. Or Keijo. >.>

Mm... so here's a fun question. What is your one manga/light novel that hasn't been made into an anime yet that needs to be?

That's still running?

Probably Dungeon Meshi or Vinland Saga
Honestly, Berserk needs a full adaptation, though.

That's over?

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer or Takemitsu Zamurai

Quasar

I do kind of want Minamoto-kun Monogatari.

And I would like a proper Nana to Kaoru, but I doubt it could be done.

Love So Life would be pretty cool.

I'm guessing the reason for the lack of parents in Shōnen anime is much the same reason few classical Disney characters have parents. (A few have one, and they commonly die.)

Young teenages saving the world/defeating a great evil is an inherently silly premise. But if there's a dearth of capable adults, it seems less silly, because there's no one to compare the teenage leads to. They automatically seem like the most adult characters.

Oh, and here is the key visual for the next season of Assassination Classroom.

Witch Hunter or Übel Blatt

Also I'm reading Servamp at the moment and I am really hoping it gets an anime adaptation.

Vinland Saga and Uble Blatt would both be fantastic. Oyasume Pun Pun is another one that would be fantastic if it was done right.

I say Ubel blatt but at the same time I don't know if it would be animated well. By that I mean it might get the censored treatment some newer show gets because it kinda is quite violent/ full of boobies.

It's funny you mention this. Watch a couple more episodes. It'll explain why it has to be a secret.

You are quite mad lol. But watch the latest episode and it will make sense. You'll actually be thankful that he didn't do it.

Watched the episode. Still fucking stupid. Argh. Still angry but less so. The episode actually tried to pull some interesting visual stuff and there was some decent development about his dad and wanting his approval but his dead never even having seen him as a person, really, which threw away the "parents are always right, love them anyways" trope that I hate but this stuff may not have been as annoying if when she wanted to fuck he said "I'd love to but you're a princess with a lot of public celebrity and I'm a fucking failure from a family that hates me and will use this relationship to discredit me and ruin both of our lives so let me win so that that isn't a problem anymore and we can live our lives without my fucked up shitbag dad trying to ruin my entire life" but instead it was "We don't want Japanese society to be ashamed of your loose pussy" I almost wish he hooked up with his sister who would hear people gossiping, kick over their table and shout from the rooftops that she loves her brother's cock. This ignores all the nonsense involving a fucking Ethics Committee that can incarcerate one half of a teenage couple for having a relationship with a foreign celebrity.

Whatever. They tried to save it and it was...whatever.

People would lead you to think that Dungeon is bad but it is in fact good. The fanservice can get a little...overbearing but the plot and combat is solid and it might have one of the absolute BEST fights I've seen in an anime. Just gorgeously animated, wonderfully emotional and bad-ass top to bottom. Almost worth watching the whole show just to see that scene (and you should watch the whole thing to get to that scene because it's a build up of all the themes of the show to that point).

Murcielago

Hells fucking yes.

Late night, no rating, gimme that lesbian murder comedy.

Quasar

I'm guessing the reason for the lack of parents in Shōnen anime is much the same reason few classical Disney characters have parents. (A few have one, and they commonly die.)

Young teenages saving the world/defeating a great evil is an inherently silly premise. But if there's a dearth of capable adults, it seems less silly, because there's no one to compare the teenage leads to. They automatically seem like the most adult characters.

Its why they are generally gone from most YA.

Kansoku

I don't know a lot of manga or light novel so i'll just say the ones I know and that don't have an adaptation. Oyasumi Punpun for manga, and Zaregoto for LN. I don't know if Punpun would be good as anime, but I imagine Zaregoto would.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Young Black Jack, dealing with real issues like the war in Vietnam and the race movement of the States. So grounded in reality where we see the consequences of PTSD and corruption in the medical world. So realistic we have a man escape from prison thanks to a robot eye. Wait no... NO! That's stupid! His eye turns into a robot. It pops out and sprouts tools and helps him get out of jail. What if the eye popped open while it was still inside his head? Would it have torn open his brain? They've rejected stuff like that from the likes of Doctor Who and Star Wars for being beyond the realms of believability and yet YBJ says sod it; we've already given him a hookshot for an arm and smokescreen shooting legs we may as well give him a robot eye to seal the deal. Oh yeah, I forgot this is the man who apparently survived a crash that tore all his limbs off when it completely annihilated the driver in a similar crash we were shown (let's just ignore how Mr. Robot Eye survived that crash as well). And then there's the fact the blood loss from losing just one limb kills you in about two seconds as seen with another person but he was OK lying in a ditch for who knows how long with four missing limbs? And how are we meant to even believe this guy was a doctor to begin with? We see everyone in scrubs, because it's important that you don't get hair in the patient's insides when you're cutting them up and yet we're meant to believe this guy could put one of the rubber caps on. HE HAS 50KG OF HAIR ON THE BACK OF HIS HEAD! He had to cut it off to wear a baseball cap at the end, how was he coping before?

Young Black Jack more like Young Hack Jack, Young Sack the Writers Jack, Young Black Jacked me of my intelligence, Young Black Jack it in it's almost the end of the season, Young Black Crap on a stick poo poo dumb bum rubbish.

I will watch the next episode.

Punpun would be hard but not impossible. I haven't seen the Aku no Hana anime but going that route seems reasonable

I don't want to restart the Aku no Hana debate, but if Pun Pun was rotoscoped I'd drop myself off my balcony, fall the 38 floors, and become Ragu on the sidewalk.

Or I'd just whine about it on the internet. :c

I would literally murder my mother for a Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer adaptation.

...I'm not sure how that would help matters but I'd fucking do it. Don't push me, son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom