• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently now CosmicBlizzard is now saying Jarmel's account got hacked. Not sure if there's any credibility to it but it would explain why he's sounding absolutely mental ATM.

ibyea

Banned
I think he might be drunk, way too drunk to be on GAF. I wager by tomorrow he's going to be waking up with a bad hangover and a permabanned account.

Yeah it's probably drug addled brain, that's not his usual self. There goes another leaf from the proverbial tree. D:

Edit:
So apparently now CosmicBlizzard is now saying Jarmel's account got hacked. Not sure if there's any credibility to it but it would explain why he's sounding absolutely mental ATM.

that sounds like a better explanation

He hasn't said anything on Twitter either. I don't know where he is timezone wise or how often he checks GAF anyway

Edit: Also I haven't been on GAF for a long time but surely someone has been hacked before so theres probably precedent

Oh, and here is the key visual for the next season of Assassination Classroom.

ovd90bi.jpg

Isogai and Maehara always together even in official arts. Okajima has his shirt open for some reason? lol.

Also I hope it gets updated into the season, why no Itona :(

Its a shame because you'd think the little orphan boy would be the one to understand most the value of family and having both parents around.

I don't really know Naruto's history, but if he lacked a good father figure growing up it's not surprising that he wouldn't really understand how to be a good father as an adult. It's also a reflection of Japanese culture, where fathers can often be absent from their children's lives due to being encouraged to devote all their energies to their jobs. I suspect Kishimoto was drawing on personal experience as a father when writing the relationship between Naruto and Boruto, and that relationship rang emotionally true as a result.

I'm guessing the reason for the lack of parents in Shōnen anime is much the same reason few classical Disney characters have parents. (A few have one, and they commonly die.)

Young teenages saving the world/defeating a great evil is an inherently silly premise. But if there's a dearth of capable adults, it seems less silly, because there's no one to compare the teenage leads to. They automatically seem like the most adult characters.

Actually, to speak of Boruto, parents there are about as present in the narrative as it possible to be. There's a franchise reason for that, of course, since the adult characters in this movie are the grown-up main characters of the Naruto series and finding out what happened to them is a big hook to draw in the film's audience. But as a result the film does feel a bit novel thematically. Even looking at anime as a whole I can't think of too many examples where the parent-child bond is focused on so strongly - Bunny Drop, Wolf Children, and...?

Here is the victim's statement on the matter

GfWbjn6.png

I also PM'd a mod on the policy regarding hacked accounts. I should get a response soon, hopefully.

Theonik

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
I might need some more time to process this one. On the surface I liked it. Conceptually this movie is very good, parts of the execution felt like they left a lot to be desired, especially compared to the first GiTS which this felt like a more abstract version of. Nevertheless I think I enjoyed the original more albeit this was a fairly good movie.

The loop scene in the mansion was pretty good and will definitely be one of the most memorable for me. There was an adequate amount of basset hounds in this film.

I might write a more insightful post about this movie once I've had time to digest it/take screenshots.

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
I might need some more time to process this one. On the surface I liked it. Conceptually this movie is very good, parts of the execution felt like they left a lot to be desired, especially compared to the first GiTS which this felt like a more abstract version of. Nevertheless I think I enjoyed the original more albeit this was a fairly good movie.

The loop scene in the mansion was pretty good and will definitely be one of the most memorable for me. There was an adequate amount of basset hounds in this film.

I might write a more insightful post about this movie once I've had time to digest it/take screenshots.

Comparing the first GitS film to Innocence, you really notice the difference between Kazunori Ito writing and Oshii himself writing. Innocence still has Oshii's trademark atmospheric direction, but the way he handles the script sabotages all the work he is doing on the direction side. It's a shame.

I feel like Jarmel would be one of the least-likely people to get hacked in anime gaf. I know I and a few other posters have definitely gotten under people's skin more than he has.

Mm... so here's a fun question. What is your one manga/light novel that hasn't been made into an anime yet that needs to be?

HakoMari seems like an obvious answer to me. Or Keijo. >.>

Oh god, there's so many.

I would love a Choujin Gakuen anime. Also Esprit. Those are just off the top of my head, there's many MANY more.

You're making a few jumps to assume that he was targeted because of posts in this thread.

I meant generally speaking. Just saying that some of us would be more likely to be hacked based on what we've posted elsewhere on Gaf.

But you're right, we don't know what the deal is, so saying that is a leap either way.

ibyea

Banned
I love the Hans Zimmer organ tracks more than the Inception BWONG!

Paul Oakenfold even remixed the more well-known track in that movie into one that blows up the dancefloor.

When watching the movie it definitely was one of the first things I noticed. Interstellar soundtrack was Hans Zimmer at his most inspired. It's just so different from the other ones I have heard from him.

well a mod is deleting the posts made by the hacker

so I'm assuming he will be fine in the end

Not to mention just about everything related to it.

In the meantime, all we can do now is wait. I don't know what the policy is on hacked accounts here but hopefully it won't cost Jarmel his account.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Who else will like Interstellar with me?

I will, under the concession we admit young Murph's actor was pretty awful compared to everyone else and the ending message being based around a certain person being at a certain location at a certain time was kind of silly. Other than that, I loved it. xD

madp

The Light of El Cantare
When I know it's my time to go, I plan to do it the same way I came in: shitposting about Amagami girls.

duckroll

Concrete Revolutio Episode 11

So we've basically know for a while that Kikko was more than just a witch, and then BOOM.

She's a queen? Of demons?

Man, it's all coming together. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Claude was
involved in the construction of that awful submarine.

His power would allow for easy construction I think.

I NEED TO KNOW HOW HE'S RELATED TO JIRO!

I NEED IT TO BE SUNDAY AGAIN DAMMIT!

Also, I'm glad more people are watching Concrete Revolutio, because duckroll needs people smarter than me to discuss it with.

I think Jiro is a clone or something made from Claude. He doesn't seem to be a normal superhuman. When he finds out the truth... the world will burn.

So I'm guessing the majority of Concrete Revolutio second half will take place in the "future" where Jiro is....plotting something.

And maybe we'll get some more flashbacks to the past.

Also here is some cool art of the show. Not sure if it's fan art or actual story material.

It's a pretty solid show.

The production has been really solid. The action is good. And the directing is decent.

That said, if you didn't like the first half at all, this won't change your mind.

The future Jiro is gathering all the allies he can to fight the power. It's likely that the second season will be focused on that but I won't be surprised if they still do the nonlinear thing with flashes further to the future. Whatever Jiro does, it'll probably still be a less than perfect world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom