• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 1
kyabC.gif
Now this is a gundam I can get behind. I like the tone, the grit, and the action.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Owarimonogotarai Ougi Formula
Great opener, and the visualization is gorgeous, except that seizure inducing part. That one should be illegal.
The thing about this mystery is that it was unnecessary mystery. Students that participate in a study group get higher score than those who didn't come (with few exceptions like Araragi). Is it really that weird? I always assume that study group exist because it increase the effectiveness of studying. Studying math is a matter of learning the formula and logic behind it, with more people participating, more case/example can be presented.

What "How Much" did was basically questioning something that is not needed to be questioned. Especially since she also participate in that study group as well. I could only think that the reason she had that class assembly because she want someone to take a blame for unnecessary thing. In this case Araragi. Araragi is not even a suspect. He consistently getting perfect score in math, a loner who don't have any friends whatsoever, the guy who only know his classmate by name. There's no motive for Araragi, yet, she pick him as a culprit. What the class did is the same with what she did. A revenge against those who take their valuable time to solve unnecessary mystery.

Then, the true culprit was revealed, and it didn't matter at all in the whole scheme of thing. Yes, what the culprit did was probably unethical, and what the culprit did during class meeting is downright unfair, especially with her position. At the very least, it does make us understand why Araragi being a guy who have no friend into a guy who don't need any friend.

kewlmyc

Accel World was a good show, despite the MC getting some getting used to. Looking forward to S2 or this spinoff or whatever it is.

I didn't hate SAO (except the 2nd half of the first season), so I'll watch this movie whenever it gets released on video. Probably won't go watch it in the theaters, not that big of a fan.

No season 3 of Index sucks though. The plot in the series isn't the best, and the harem shenanigans are lazily written, but the world building, characters, and powers are fantastic. Ugh, I'll keep waiting I guess...

Cool, I'll watch it then.

Any other Gundam stuff I should check out if I like this one?

G Gundam - WATCH THIS IT'S AWESOME.
The original Mobile Suit Gundam from 1979. - It's a classic.
Gundam SEED - An all right retelling of the original.
Gundam 00 S1 - One of my first Gundam shows that I really enjoyed. Things go downhill in season 2 however.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 01

This was neat, I liked the small scale combat with Mobile Suits being big players.

Orga is badass, loved his speech at the end combined with the reveal of that mech(Gundam?). He and the MC kinda remind me of another Mecha pair...

All the villians seem comically bad though, but I guess that was the point, I haven't seen that much mecha but having a princess also seems like an overused trope, I didn't mind all of that though.

I'm preemptively pouring one out for my man Biscuit though, 0% live expectancy.

G Gundam - WATCH THIS IT'S AWESOME.
The original Mobile Suit Gundam from 1979. - It's a classic.
Gundam SEED - An all right retelling of the original.
Gundam 00 S1 - One of my first Gundam shows that I really enjoyed. Things go downhill in season 2 however.

Gundam Seed and G Gundam are the two good Gundam shows I've watched.

Gundam Wing.

Gundam age
Wing
Seed seed destiny

Cool, I'll save those for a rainy day.

Qurupeke

Nisemonogatari 1-11

That was... different than Bakemonogatari. The sisters finally get the time they deserve and they're both really adorable but there were so many... questionable scenes... The toothbrush, the various kisses, Karen carrying Koyomi on her shoulders... It was certainly something... I don't think I was prepared for this... I think I had already seen the toothbrush scene ages ago but I didn't remember it was Nisemonogatari...

Anyway, overall, I liked it, it was a nice follow up to Bakemonogatari. Unfortunately, other than maybe Senjougahara (and fucking Mayoi for some reason), every other girl from S1 had only a few scenes, but at least, the new characters were really enjoyable. Shinobu is pretty fun now that she talks, Kaiki was just amazing as a villain, especially in this "fake" heavy season, and the sisters were really a great combo. It's amazing how different they are but they still have similarities. I liked Tsukihi a lot. The 2 antagonists that appeared during the second arc, weren't really interesting, but they delivered quite a final battle.

Off to the next monogatari.

Oh and funny to see TUSR in this.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Young Black Jack 1
Ah yes, that crowning thorn symbolism, and Kuroo absolutely delicious AAAAABS.
The patient being a dick is nothing strange in Black Jack story, and based on next preview, it seem he's going to be force to operate on someone by the mafia.
I like this episode. OP song is hilarious, ED song is decent, and it was arranged by Neru. Good stuff

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 01

This was neat, I liked the small scale combat with Mobile Suits being big players.

Orga is badass, loved his speech at the end combined with the reveal of that mech(Gundam?). He and the MC kinda remind me of another Mecha pair...

All the villians seem comically bad though, but I guess that was the point, I haven't seen that much mecha but having a princess also seems like an overused trope, I didn't mind all of that though.

I'm preemptively pouring one out for my man Biscuit though, 0% live expectancy.

Cool, I'll save those for a rainy day.
Don't watch seed destiny, it's complete shit

Busaiku

When do Gundam and Onepunch Man go up on Crunchyroll?
Daisuki is absolute garbage on my phone, and Hulu only has captions instead of proper subs.
I'd even take Funimation over Daisuki.

Gvitor

Anyone able to watch Comet Lucifer in CR? It says it's not available in my region, but it says it is in the announcement news...

The original anime series Comet Lucifer comes to Crunchyroll starting Sunday, October 4 at 7:00am Pacific Time, and will be available to Crunchyroll members in the following territories: North America and Latin America.

kewlmyc

When do Gundam and Onepunch Man go up on Crunchyroll?
Daisuki is absolute garbage on my phone, and Hulu only has captions instead of proper subs.
I'd even take Funimation over Daisuki.

Not sure about Gundam, but One Punch Man is Daisuki only right now.

Itoshi no Muco
If Garfield was a dog and hyperactive.

Hackadoll the Animation
How Tim Cook envisions the future.

Young Black Jack
Either choose to update all character designs or stick to the original style. Don't do a mix a both. You have Jack Black with his handsome face straight from a shoujo manga in the same scene and some bloke with a massive hooter. The clash is almost unnerving.

I feel like they did that with Young Black Jack in order to be a throwback to the original character designs of Black Jack from Tezuka.

I can see why some may find it weird but for me it's nostalgic.

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blood Orphans Episode 1

Gundam is back! Their is a weight to this specific show that really makes it its own. From the deformed backs of the kids to the dusty atmosphere of the battleground this episode really set the tone for this series. The character designs are great, a mix of bishounen like Wing with a more realistic proportions like 00. There were lots of little details that I enjoyed as a whole but Orga of course stood out in this episode. Looking forward to the rest of this series.

Gundam - Iron-Blooded Orphans - 01

Time to pop the cherry regarding Gundam.

I think this was pretty good, I like the more gritty and harsh tone with the poor workers and all the implants stuff. Orga is cool, he and Mikazuki gives me Kamina and Simon vibes.
With my limited mecha experience, the whole mars/princess stuff reminded me of AZ, which I hope this doesn't turn out to be. Anyway, looking forward to see more.

Ōkami

Don't want to make a thread about and can't think of anywhere else to say it, anyway, today is Neon Genesis Evangelion's 20th Anniversary, the very first episode premired in Japan on October 4, 1995.

Gundam IBO first episode was pretty great. I can't help but think somewhere down the line Orga will become a bad guy and MIkazuki will have to learn to think for himself. The fact that Mikazuki seems very dependent on Orga for decision making right now just makes me feel like this will bite him later on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom