• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concrete Revolution 1

Jirou is great, I wish we got a magical transformation scene from him and also from Grosse Augen.

Glad to have a superhuman anime with us for a season and the color is pretty nice and unique. Also works well with the mecha inspired Karakuridouji Ultimo type fights.

ED song is perfect.

So the new Gundam looks like it's gonna be good.

And Comet Lucifer looks nice too?

Guys, Mecha shows are back!

Three_Weeks_Later.png

Guys, Mecha shows are deader than ever.

Fafner will still reign supreme as best mecha
that nobody watched
this season.

Kageyama's voice actor is in 5 main character roles this season, so many, and he sounds exactly the same. [ Ishikawa, Kaito ]

I'm pretty sure he and Kamiya Hiroshi have a monopoly on male anime characters this season.

That guy is:

1) Araragi (Monogatari)
2) Yato (Noragami)
3) Takeda (Haikyuu)
4) Ruu-chan (Miss Monochrome) <--- his most important role
5) Levi (That AoT thingy)

He's even in that Osomatsu-san show.

Ascheroth

Comet Lucifer - 01

This was lots of fun. I knew nothing about this show going in, but I came out really liking it.

Could it be that nintendomans desperate cries were heard and answered? Looks like it.

Russ T

Banned
Watched a few more first episodes today!

Comet Lucifer - boring start, boring art, boring everything, dropped

One Punch Man - holy shit is this incredible, don't really have much to say, but damn it's doing everything I wanted, and it's doing it well

Concrete Revolutio - only had it on my list for dude's rad hair, but it turned out pretty damn interesting, got a bit of a haphazard storytelling style, jumping back and forth between two different points in history, but yeah all right I'm sold

Also decided to drop Young Black Jack, the first episode was completely uninteresting, and I've got enough on my plate that I don't need to watch the second episode of something that didn't grab me. May come back to it some day if someone I trust tells me it's great. U:

HUSH YOU.

Comet Lucifer delivered everything I wanted (besides the CG mechs). It has established characters with actual likeable personalities as opposed to the characters in LN adaptations that we always get.

I believed in this show before and after this first episode my belief is now stronger than ever.

You're right, I shouldn't be so cynical.

After all, maybe Gundam fans will finally find...

mgsv-chapter-3-peace.png

Fafner will still reign supreme as best mecha
that nobody watched
this season.

I'm gonna watch it as soon as it ends. But until then, it basically doesn't exist in my mind for some reason.

Comet Lucifer - 01

Nice attention to sound. The scope movement, the water etc.
I liked the laid back start of the episode, the setting is nice. Not sure how I feel about the whole girl in crystal thing, but the monkey mecha was cool. I'm interested in more for sure.

Russ T

Banned
Another ad for the manga, eh?

The manga isn't really long enough to support much more than 12 episodes, to be fair. Well, at least, the one with the good art, isn't. I dunno about the original.

When the hell is Kekkai Sensen episode 12 gonna be subbed? I know it aired, so why doesn't Funimation have it? \:

Qurupeke

It definitely won't reach the Garo arc, however I still believe they could fit the Boros arc.

I mean it would be a adequate stopping point.

I'd be surprised if they had included this, even if the adaption was 24 episodes. Maybe in 4-5 years, if Murata even finish this...

duckroll

It definitely won't reach the Garo arc, however I still believe they could fit the Boros arc.

I mean it would be a adequate stopping point.

Keep in mind they might not be doing a straight adaptation of every single chapter. They might do the introduction ones early on, and then skip around based on what is most interesting to adapt to animated form.

DIABOLIK LOVERS &#8545; : MORE,BLOOD Episode 1
Ayato (yours truly) is back and better than ever. Pancake so lucky to be welcome to such an awesome site so early in the morning. Raito and Kanato see. Ive miss all of the Sakamakis and all their fun times with embracing a new member to their household.

Dramatic way of bringing in new blood to this was expected.
though didnt think Yui would be whisked off already. I hope Ayato saves her

Keep in mind they might not be doing a straight adaptation of every single chapter. They might do the introduction ones early on, and then skip around based on what is most interesting to adapt to animated form.

Wouldn't that be a bad idea?

Then again that could probably spice things up.

duckroll

Wouldn't that be a bad idea?

Then again that could probably spice things up.

Some of the stories in OPM are pretty trivial, so if they're skipped in favor of more interesting longer arcs later on, I don't think people will miss them. The director mentioned in the video interview posted earlier that they have script meetings with both ONE and Murata, to get their feedback on stuff like deciding which chapters to adapt, etc.

The manga isn't really long enough to support much more than 12 episodes, to be fair. Well, at least, the one with the good art, isn't. I dunno about the original.

When the hell is Kekkai Sensen episode 12 gonna be subbed? I know it aired, so why doesn't Funimation have it? \:

With the script they have with the ONE version, they have more than enough for 24 episodes.

Hastati

One Punch Man 01

Oh he really does beat things with one punch? Huh.

It's been awhile since I read it, but this follows the beginning of the original pretty closely, and outlines the whole point of the series effectively. He definitely lives up to his name!

One Punch Man is shonen (and power fantasy) deconstruction that doubles as a power fantasy itself, and I love it to death. I couldn't be happier with this first episode.

Edit:
Ok, let's plan the series

Ep 1 Saitama presentation
Ep 2 Genos presentation
Ep 3 some minor adventures with Saitama and Genos, they have a few to choose from
Ep 4-5 House of Evolution
Ep 6 Speed Sonic presentation
Ep 7 Hero Association presentation, exams, some interaction with bike guy, King and Fang
Ep 8 Triton King episode
Ep 9-12 big finale, Alien Invasion Arc

Madhouse hire me.

This would work out well I think. There's honestly lots of stuff they don't need to include, it would be hell to do a 1-1 remake.

I don't see this going into ONE territory though. They have a good end point with the
Alien Invasion arc

Ep 2 Genos presentation
Ep 3 some minor adventures with Saitama and Genos, they have a few to choose from
Ep 7 Hero Association presentation, exams, some interaction with bike guy, King and Fang
Ep 8 Triton King episode

Madhouse hire me.

So far it seems new gundam, one punch man, and Lupin have first episodes worth checking out. Anything else stand out?

Comet Lucifer.

Accel World Infinite Burst PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2MdaEmyXlk

Same core staff as the original series, still at Sunrise. Looking pretty good visually! I wonder if it's going to be an OVA series or a TV series...

I really hope it's a TV series. OVA Series require loooong waits between episodes and usually take years to finish.

It really wouldn't make sense for this to be an original OVA series while the LN volumes stack up when you could just do a 12-24 episode original TV Series that only takes half a year.

rrvv

Ep 2 Genos presentation
Ep 8 Triton King episode

Madhouse hire me.

I will disagree slightly

Ep 2 Genos presentation
Ep 3 House of Evolution
Ep 4 Genos and Saitama fight
Ep 5 Speed Sonic presentation
Ep 6 Blizzard Group
Ep 7 Triton King episode
Ep 8 Class S introduction

well that if they will animate it 12 episode

Concrete Revolutio Episode 1

There was a lot going on in this episode, and I couldn't really connect to characters or anything that was going on due to how quickly it cycled through the various plot points. On top of that, the frequent shifts between past/present (or present/future, depending on how you look at it) with no apparent transitions or visual differentiation made some scenes difficult to comprehend on the first watch.

From a visual standpoint, this first episode is definitely attractive and well-animated, but the lack of a consistent art direction for the characters is pretty distracting. Roughly five different heroes/villains appear in this episode, and there doesn't seem to be any common thread unifying their designs. Individually, the character designs are... solid for the most part, but there's something "off" about watching them interact together on-screen.

Even though this wasn't a great introduction to the series, I still think Concrete Revolutio has the potential to be a fun watch. That said, if it doesn't narrow its scope in the next few episodes, I could easily see myself dropping it.

Cornbread78

Cross post from the OT

A little drawn out and anticlimactic, but was definitely monogatari and entertaining. I still love the tone and execution of thus series. The animation was really good in several areas as well. Ougi is going to drive people crazy with her condescending and sarcastic attitude as well, lol.

Phatmac

Didnt find anything to care about and the haphazard plot with random elements introduced just left me confused. I like the pop art style but I wish it stuck to an art style instead of being inconsistent. Think I'll drop it unless it gets better by word of mouth.

Mailbox

Absolute Duo 1-12 [End]

gif-anime-Tokyo-Ravens-cutie-931174.gif

Yeah, this show wasn't so much bad as it was uninspired.
Backstories are bullshit, MC should be dead, but apparently plot armour even includes no death through loss of blood....

It does nothing really original.
Reminded me of the stuff I hated in Brynhildr.

if anyone is planning on watching this, other harem/action shows will work better.

If this was like shana or Hidan no Aria I may have enjoyed it more.

:/ Just mediocre, which is a shame.

OP is ace though. The imagery of the MC burning and grasping his chest is perfect.

SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist Episode 5 & 6
tumblr_nt6ebxWbSs1uq0fwuo2_540.png

I need the Okuma x Goriki doujins, all five parts. Please dont hate his banana.

The person brought in in to patrol for whats right and wrong is so gullible, Im glad Fuwa caught on quickly to it.

Concrete Revolutio Episode 1

I don't know if it wants to be an anime for today's kids, or an anime for those that were kids 30 years ago.

Possibly it will fail as I feel it's directed to a very specific, small subset of otakus.

Sölf

Concrete Revolutio 01
Okay. I don't know what I've seen, probably the inofficial next season of Puni Puni Poemi, but I liked it. And after episode 1 I am already at that part where I just accept everything that happens. Yeah, well, it just happens. Okay.

One-Punch Man 01
That was pretty cool. Felt a bit similar to Concrete Revolution, watching it back to back, just not so over the top and crazy.

Ninja Slayer 25
Okay. AOTY confirmed. Trigger, never change please. <3

Taruranto

Concrete Revolution was pretty good, I thought there would be stupid fanservice, but it was pretty solid stuff.

Only 12 episodes though, eh? Also they really picked a bad day to air it, I foresee it getting buried under HQ/OPM/Gundam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom