• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

That isn't even a modern thing, Spider-Man was huge for kickstarting a bunch of toku stuff lol
tokusatsu spiderman best spiderman

Spider-Protector-Bike-tokusatsu-37174760-300-205.gif

Sölf

Shirobako 02-03
Why didn't you tell me before how awesome this show is? D:
I really like to see a pretty normal show for a change. The last show I watched which felt the same was probably Silver Spoon. It's also a setting that hasn't really been done before, or at least not like this, unlike school or idol. While it's pretty hard to say something about the huge cast after only 3 episodes, I like pretty much all characters so far.

Sölf;180721752 said:
And Gintama, which is always pretty high whenever it airs.

Not enough to ever win AOTY, the barrier of hundreds of episodes before you can even start watching what is current is too big.

Sölf;180721752 said:
We have Ninja Slayer though...
But who am I talking to, you all don't appreciate it anyways!

):<

And Gintama, which is always pretty high whenever it airs.

Gintama's devoted fanbase can't stack up to having to watch 275 episodes. Even HxH which was massively popular on the OT didn't place that high

There doesn't seem to be a frontrunner right now. Not everything has aired or gotten into its groove yet, I don't have a clue what the #1 will be.

Sölf

How does the voting actually work here, since Shirobako started airing last fall. Can you vote for everything when it ended in that year? And what about movies, with them beeing not really available when they air in Japan.

TribeCoolCrew Episode 50 END
tumblr_nvdgw8r9H61s5wiico1_500.gif

What better way to close out the series than have heartbeat (lol) play to dance with, as well as the remix version (best) version, and even include the middle part of the song that has only been performed in the live video concert version (I love that part as they dance so well to it live).

Fantastic anime for the past year, glad I stuck with it every week and never fell behind. Though I thought they would struggle to close out the Crowd High plot they tied things together pretty fantastically.

The anime was at its best breaking down dance and trying to be educational about it from isolation with early Hanero trying to get better to dance, to him teaching Momiji to dance like them to eventually teaching Hiroto the Running Man one, it was good.

Great cast, great dance, great music. Best overall OST, the songs they used were fun to dance to and even watch them dance too. I like some of the music they sampled from in their songs later on too. I wish they were played a bit more than just special occurrences.

Will rewatch. 10/10

Favorite dancer award: Yuuji
tumblr_nunhad0lvH1s5wiico1_500.gif

Narag

Sölf;180722148 said:
How does the voting actually work here, since Shirobako started airing last fall. Can you vote for everything when it ended in that year? And what about movies, with them beeing not really available when they air in Japan.

Voting is typically if it aired anytime this year, it's eligible. Movies are based on disc release dates.

Sölf;180722148 said:

Shirobako had episodes this year so it counts. Whether or not you vote on it as a whole or as just what aired this year is on you.

Movies...I think it's when it gets a home release. That's why Rebellion was eligible last year, I think.

Lupin struggle is no subs.

That didn't stop Yamato!

Is no one really subbing Lupin 2015? I figured CR would since they got the older series

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shows that were voted in last year usually drop the next. I know this year is meager but that'd be really sad.

I know this is why Shriobako has a strong case, the show debuted a year ago and it is still on the mind of the people and is still rather beloved. That is some strong resonance but indeed nothing is assured yet.

Sölf

Voting is typically if it aired anytime this year, it's eligible. Movies are based on disc release dates.

Ah, okay. Just thinking about what I have watched this year there are quite a few shows that I would consider AOTY material. And we have still one more season to come after this.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This happened with From the New World, it was eligible twice and did significantly better the 2nd year.
Competition varies year to year. Some shows go up over time but a log of shows like GBF, JoJo, Space Brothers, Kill la Kill, or Girls und Panzer go down year over year. If Shirobako wins it's because it doesn't have competition from new shows.
That didn't stop Yamato!
You and I both know the Lupin situation is nothing like this.

kewlmyc

Sigh, is there a way to filter any youtube video that has "reaction" in the title? Can't look up anime pv/OP/ED videos without reaction videos getting recommended to me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not enough to ever win AOTY, the barrier of hundreds of episodes before you can even start watching what is current is too big.

I personally don't vote much for Gintama since I like to give new shows* a chance at the awards and I've been watching Gintama for years.

*I do vote for a series 2 on occasion.

I'm not quite sure I understand. Aside from the early Italian airing what's different?

Even that has an analogue with Yamato 2199, in the sense that 2199 began releasing on BD first, after theatrical screenings of 4 episodes each, before it started its TV airing. Very few people paid attention to the series until the TV run began though.

Cornbread78

Not sure why everyone was so worried about with this show, but, so far, that was a pretty awesome episode. That dudes mech got wrekted at the end. The animation, music and soundvall appeared pretty damn good.. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this..

Sölf

I personally don't vote much for Gintama since I like to give new shows* a chance at the awards and I've been watching Gintama for years.

*I do vote for a series 2 on occasion.

While that's somewhat noble, just accepting that Gintama is simply good even after all this time would also be great. :0

Even that has an analogue with Yamato 2199, in the sense that 2199 began releasing on BD first, after theatrical screenings of 4 episodes each, before it started its TV airing. Very few people paid attention to the series until the TV run began though.

Japanese BRD release of Yamato has English subtitles. Lupin has no support or inroads to the English speaking community yet.

Okay. I didn't know about that detail. I can see how that would make a difference. I watched Yamato last year when it was fully completed and was only slightly aware of the theatrical screenings aspect.

Gvitor

Comet Lucifer 01

First half was good. That city reminded me of Kiki's city from Kiki's Delivery Service for some reason. Not really sure about the second half.

One Punch Man 01

I honestly have no idea how will they keep this interesting if they keep the premise in which the MC one-hit-kills everyone. Because aside from "NIIISAAAAN" the comedy wasn't good either.

I'm still kind of surprised that was even allowed given the lack of a western release (streaming or disc) and gafs anti piracy stance.

Well, this talk is kind of treading that line (even though its something to be discussed) but if no one picks it up there's not a whole lot you can do and Yamato totally deserved that placement.

Cavalry 01

So I ended up liking this one more than Asterisk. This one doesn't take itself serioysly and it made me laugh a bunch of times lol. Also like how the MC is trying to catch up with others by working hard, rather than just being good like the Asterisk MC. Also worth mentioning is that the visuals are pretty good in this. Colours and lighting pop. The battle looked great too. Will continue watching. If anything to see which one is best.

Sölf

Cavalry 01

So I ended up liking this one more than Asterisk. This one doesn't take itself serioysly and it made me laugh a bunch of times lol. Also like how the MC is trying to catch up with others by working hard, rather than just being good like the Asterisk MC. Also worth mentioning is that the visuals are pretty good in this. Colours and lighting pop. The battle looked great too. Will continue watching. If anything to see which one is best.

...dividing fronts...? Anyone...? ;__;

ibyea

Banned
Sölf;180721186 said:
Shirobako 02-03
Why didn't you tell me before how awesome this show is? D:
I really like to see a pretty normal show for a change. The last show I watched which felt the same was probably Silver Spoon. It's also a setting that hasn't really been done before, or at least not like this, unlike school or idol. While it's pretty hard to say something about the huge cast after only 3 episodes, I like pretty much all characters so far.

I think everyone did.

Gvitor

Cavalry 01

I liked it when he said "Wait" before the girl threw a tantrum over him seeing her in underwear. It lasted a split-second but it gave me hope that he would rationalize that it was his room, the door was unlocked and he didn't go in there with the intention of spying.

But this is anime so he took his clothes off too.

NeonZ

Is Beerus legit angry right there?

Or is this one of his pudding fits?

Nah, that's actually the moment where he's genuinely bonding with Goku. He was basically saying that Goku's personality was rubbing off on him, and they even laugh together right around that scene.

Sölf;180724318 said:
...dividing fronts...? Anyone...? ;__;

hmm?

I liked it when he said "Wait" before the girl threw a tantrum over him seeing her in underwear. It lasted a split-second but it gave me hope that he would rationalize that it was his room, the door was unlocked and he didn't go in there with the intention of spying.

But this is anime so he took his clothes off too.

You see I'm easy to please. This moment made me lose my shit. I was expecting the same. Now tell me, between what we got in this, or what we usually get, which is the MC being a p*ssy and getting and red and stuff, at least he acted like a man. Got himself a slap in the face nonetheless but still LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom