• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

I gotta say, you guys were rightvabout the second half of the show, it gets really off the rails crazy.

Episode 17:
Nice battle here. The PM truly was a douche since there would have been much better ways to deal with it.

Episode 18
Ok, this went waaaay off the rails. WTF was all that and how are there still 4 episodes left?

Episode 19
Oh wow, poor Goto. We all had our thoughts on this, but reality was even worse. Then, that ending, damn..

Episode 20
Alright, finally all caught up just in time for the mindfuck to ensue not sure what is going on, but this is interesting stuff. There is no way the bromance is over!

Jarmel

Banned
The new Gundam (G-Tekketsu) is 25 episodes long according to the Blu-ray listings. g-tekketsu.com
Volume 1 comes with one episode, the rest (Vol 2 to Vol 9) come with 3 episodes each. Volume 1 also comes with a code for Mobile Suit Gundam EXTREME VS-FORCE for the PS Vita.

It'll probably be split cour with a year inbetween ala Gundam 00.

Kubo has been writing one final arc for ages. Surprisingly, it's kind of OK. It's not the best thing I've ever read, but it's head and shoulders above the last few arcs.

The fullbring arc could of been a decent arc if it was setup properly and used the ideas presented competently. However instead it turned into something that seemed like unnecessary filler.

yami4ct

The fullbring arc could of been a decent arc if it was setup properly and used the ideas presented competently. However instead it turned into something that seemed like unnecessary filler.

I was actually pretty interested when the arc started. It felt like Kubo was actually shaking up the universe in a really cool way. By the end, he goes out of his way to reverse everything cool and make it worthless overall. Such a waste of potential.

Cornbread78

Hey Corn you should try Young Black Jack.

I put it in my Crunchy queue and will check it out shortly.

Currently debating on starting the next Let's watch for Blast of Tempest on Wed. or running a short series and start again on Tuesday like usual.

Maybe throw in something like:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/587/Hanbun_no_Tsuki_ga_Noboru_Sora

Are there any other pretty good 5-6 episode series out there?

This ^
Also did you watch Utawarerumono? This one should be right around your alley.

That's been added to my queue as well. For the new stuff, I've only watched Asterix, Owarimonogatari and Comet Lucifer so far.

Cornbread78

Gundam War in the Pocket is fantastic and that's 6 episodes.

Gundam dude, everyone interestedin the genre has watched it, lol.

Undoubtedly amazing, but are there that many people that haven't seen it yet?

For fall shows, I still want to check out that Sakura mystery show as well as that raunchy and stupid woman's school anime where the boy has to pretend he's homosexual. There's gotta be at least 1 good comedy this fall to watch, since there's no romance or good SoL shows.

Jintor

I was actually pretty interested when the arc started. It felt like Kubo was actually shaking up the universe in a really cool way. By the end, he goes out of his way to reverse everything cool and make it worthless overall. Such a waste of potential.

wait was fullbring not actually intended to be completely worthless and irrelevent

blurr

yami4ct

Concrete Revolutio 1

Fun and stylish. Art style is hit and miss for me. Reminds me of that other Bones show from a few years back with weird color schemes. Still fun though.

Symphogear S1
I like this show. It's kind of silly with an excessive focus on friendship but the action is fun especially Chris's stuff. Episode 12's end was pretty awesome only mitigated by the fact that I knew Chris and Tsubasa were still alive because there's more seasons. The triple feat with
destroying FIne with Durandal, pulling down the moon by Fine and then their Climax song usage to destroy the moon
for the final episode was excellent though.

jediyoshi

Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou 01

Zvrnonx.png

G1znbKm.png

I think I like the art way more than I should. What a weird thing to exist.

Symphogear S1
I like this show. It's kind of silly with an excessive focus on friendship but the action is fun especially Chris's stuff. Episode 12's end was pretty awesome only mitigated by the fact that I knew Chris and Tsubasa were still alive because there's more seasons. The triple feat with
destroying FIne with Durandal, pulling down the moon by Fine and then their Climax song usage to destroy the moon
for the final episode was excellent though.

S2 is even better.

God I love Symphogear.

sonicmj1

Brief impressions:

Hackadoll 1

Kinda funny, but not funny enough. Dropped!

Gundam IBO 1

A lot better than I expected. I like the dynamics among the different members of Third Squad, and I like how the idealistic peace-loving princess contrasts against the no-nonsense Mikazuki. Even the plans and stuff were satisfying. I liked the greater emphasis on smaller fighting robots, though that doesn't seem like it'll last.

I have no idea how this show will hold up in the long run, but I guess I have to stick around for a while.

One Punch Man 1

YES

I guess the pacing on this episode drags every now and then but man it looks so good even as it pokes fun at what it celebrates. I love it.

That fucking opening, man. I wanna be a saikyou hero!

Concrete Revolutio 1

More interesting than I expected. Didn't know about the non-linear stuff. The color design of the different eras was distinct enough that it wasn't hard to follow. I like the contrast between the bright, comic-book "present" and the overcast "future".

The real question is if they'll be able to use the non-linearity to do any sort of interesting storytelling, or if it'll just get in the way of things. With this staff (and this setting), anything could happen.

Mendrox

Haikyuu Season 2 Episode 1

Holy shit, I love Production I.G.

That was a perfectly paced and very good episode. I cannot remember any Haikyuu episode that was bad lol

Moaradin

Haikyuu Season 2 Episode 1

Holy shit, I love Production I.G.

That was a perfectly paced and very good episode. I cannot remember any Haikyuu episode that was bad lol

I'm rewatching the first season again and every episode looks great. Really hope season 2 can keep up those production values.

Eila

How many here have seen either of these two:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/268/Golden_Boy

http://myanimelist.net/anime/587/Hanbun_no_Tsuki_ga_Noboru_Sora

I've seen both, so I'm good, but I'll set it up for others that haven't seen them. Looking Up At The Half-Moon or "Hantsuki" is much less known and has a greater impact, imo.

Golden Boy is just fun as hell to watch and is a classic.

I watched them both many years ago but from what I remember they're both just ok. I mean HanTsuki is basically poor man's Key, though it's only 6 episodes, much shorter than those Key anime adaptations.
Golden Boy is your standard ecchi stuff. Some dude gets into these crazy situations in an episodic fashion. Maybe it's the comedy that people love so much? This one defintenly gets a lot of love.

Honestly I wasn't planning on typing up something like this at Midnight with class in the morning but this arc has been fantastic and I need to put my thoughts into words, so here we are.

Kaikimonogatari 21-24

All right first off that OP is amazing. With context it's twice as good. This arc is distinctly different stylistically, almost film noir (a pessimistic and desolate form, fitting for the character Kaiki Deishuu) less Naked City and more Blade Runner- with send ups in episode 24 being an obvious testament to that style. The investigator private eye role that Kaiki plays, a staple of film noir is present as well, as well as the overlying concept of fatalism. Other then that, the scene of Kaiki in the bar in episode 23 with the accompanying music and the Kaiki's shower in episode 24 strike me as using that style beyond just neon cityscapes and various search lights, again adopting from the visual brand of the dystopic Los Angeles in Blade Runner. When it comes to directorial styles I am bad at things like identifying a certain commonplace shot and then putting that into word form, but it is something I notice and the nature of these episodes has been in line with the film noir genre.

Despite their previous relationship, Kaiki and Senjougahara have great scenes together. Honestly a few of them seem to be pushing into a near prostitution angle (I'm wearing my school outfit for strictly business purposes) but I'm not sure what to make of that yet, although it is unclear whether or not Kaiki was lying when he said that he was Senjougahara's first crush. The meeting betwen Kaiki and Nadeko betrayed my expectations, but that somehow makes her seem more unstable. She is so over the boundary that she is seemingly normal until she says something that she thinks is fine which is actually really fucked up. It's also interesting that Kaiki can be seen as the one who made all that happen, but you can also view Araragi, Gaen or Ougi at fault as well, plus Shinobu and Tsukihi for breaking her down. Despite (and because of) being a nihilistic jaded bastard, Kaiki is a good character. In particular, the scene where Ononoki told him Gaen would pay him 3m yen and it cut to thirty minutes later and him telling Ononoki he wouldn't accept was great, I imagine him weighing his options like did for Senjougahara's offer.

I'm in too deep now, halfway through episode 22 I started to think that a season about Kaiki, Oshino, Gaen and Kagenui would be really awesome. I know I'm in too deep when I start wanting a prequel that doesn't really need to be told in the grand scheme of things, as opposed to Kizu which is the groundwork for the entire thing.

A thought I had concerning the darkness in Shinobu's arc -
Why did it never go after Nadeko when when her entire personality was essentially a well crafted lie

Jintor

One Punch Man 01

Fucking delivered. I'll be astounded if they can maintain this quality, but it looked freaking amazing.

The shot where Saitama's buying the crab meet and then the wall behind him disappears really struck me, but it's far from the only piece of amazing animation here.

Sölf

AoT S2? I switched to the manga during S1 (after EP 21) and still haven't finished the anime. I also have to catch up by probably 10-20+ chapters in the manga by now. The big shift hasn't happened for me yet. So should I continue? :0

Erigu

First Season:
Bakemonogatari
Kizumonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Second Season:
Nekomonogatari (Shiro)
Kabukimonogatari
Hanamonogatari
Otorimonogatari
Onimonogatari