• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kanon Makoto Arc

My wife immediately got upset when she found out about Makoto's true nature because she loves foxes. It kind of bugged me how in the next episode after she passed on he basically forgot about her and was like, "oh well that shit sucks." I was a little disappointed that she never got her intelligence back like right before she died for a scene or so, I kind of figured there would be some kind of emotional scene right before the end, but I guess not.

Kanon Mai Arc

Oh hey, its the designated emotionless Key girl, except far less entertaining than Kotori-chan in Clannad. Aaaaaaand of course the Casanova Kid had her in his harem as a 10-year old and just forgot. The other girl (Sayuri) actually had a way more interesting (and sad) backstory that didn't involve magic powers. I also felt like the ending revelations were crammed into one episode for no real reason. Did we really need 2 episodes worth of Mai not saying much in a hallway rather than exploring the backstory that turned out to be super relevant?

Oh, and the Sunohara expy is a bro. Even though he had no reason to do it other than expelling Mai for windows exploding on their own is pretty dumb.

Feltrol

Banned
Not terribly excited about much this season :(

image.php

Not that I dislike Mecha, but there's nothing I look forward to too...

Cornbread78

Kanon Makoto Arc

My wife immediately got upset when she found out about Makoto's true nature because she loves foxes. It kind of bugged me how in the next episode after she passed on he basically forgot about her and was like, "oh well that shit sucks." I was a little disappointed that she never got her intelligence back like right before she died for a scene or so, I kind of figured there would be some kind of emotional scene right before the end, but I guess not.

Kanon Mai Arc

Oh hey, its the designated emotionless Key girl, except far less entertaining than Kotori-chan in Clannad. Aaaaaaand of course the Casanova Kid had her in his harem as a 10-year old and just forgot. The other girl (Sayuri) actually had a way more interesting (and sad) backstory that didn't involve magic powers. I also felt like the ending revelations were crammed into one episode for no real reason. Did we really need 2 episodes worth of Mai not saying much in a hallway rather than exploring the backstory that turned out to be super relevant?

Oh, and the Sunohara expy is a bro. Even though he had no reason to do it other than expelling Mai for windows exploding on their own is pretty dumb.

All of it has a meaning (well, most of it) and will be clarified in the end.

javac

0644dYp.png
New releases for 10/06/15.
Blu-ray
Brynhildr in the Darkness: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 350 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $45.49
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $38.99
f0Wbclnm.jpg

Fairy Tail: Part 17 [FUNimation]
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: English / Japanese
Format: Four-disc set (2 BDs, 2 DVDs)
Price:
BD/DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $41.24
QJ2HmJxm.jpg

The Last: Naruto the Movie [VIZ]
Run Time: 112 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Format: Two-disc set (1 BD (50GB), 1 DVD)
Price:
BD/DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $22.99
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $15.49
kpmM1VIm.jpg

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Format: One-disc set (1 BD)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $38.99
CaSZmYMm.jpg

The World Is Still Beautiful: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Format: One-disc set (1 BD (50GB))
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $38.99
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $32.49
c9jGAsXm.jpg

When Marnie Was There [Universal]
Run Time: 103 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.0 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.0 / French: DTS 5.0
Subtitles: English, French
Format: Two-disc set (1 BD (50GB), 1 DVD)
Price:
BD/DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $31.49
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $26.98
UIozvLYm.jpg

10/07/15
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works Blu-ray Box 2 (Import) [Aniplex]
Run Time: 310 min
Audio: Japanese
Subtitles: English, Japanese
Format: Seven-disc set (5 BDs, 2 CDs)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $398.98
I5Wuykhm.jpg

zPBMe4Zl.jpg

10/10/15
ETOTAMA Collector's Edition [Pony Canyon]
Run Time: 100 min
Audio: Japanese
Subtitles: English, Spanish
Format: Three-disc set (1 BD, 1 DVD, 1 CD)
Price:
BD/DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $71.98
xQfRfAzm.jpg

0da2GaTl.jpg

DVD
Aesthetica Of A Rogue Hero: Complete Series S.A.V.E. [FUNimation]
Audio: English / Japanese
Format: Two-disc set (2 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $22.49
ND1Wgram.jpg

Tamayura Hitotose: Complete Collection [TRSI]
Run Time: 389 min
Audio: Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Format: Four-disc set (4 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $29.24
CLyZZ6im.jpg

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal: Season 2 Complete Collection [Cinedigm]
Run Time: 1029 min
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 2.0
Subtitles:
Format: Six-disc set (6 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $53.99
SPV1NW6m.jpg

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Sore ga Seiyuu end
Adaptation of a doujin by Kenjiro Hata and Masumi Asano (voice actress). Theme of the story is similar to Shirobako, but with focus on seiyuu. I also need to add that the writer for the anime adaptation is by the same writer who wrote Shirobako. Just like Shirobako, it highlight the hard working member of anime industry, particularly seiyuu.

The animation is not exactly a looker, one could say it was mediocre. But, i gotta give it to gonzo, the dance animation is hand drawn instead of CG, so there's that. The story focus on 3 seiyuu, Futaba, a beginner seiyuu who is plain; Ichigo, seiyuu who's planning to become idol seiyu and using strawberry as her motive; then there's Rin, seiyuu who is still in junior high school. This show did acknowledge that being seiyuu is a hard job. Both Ichigo and Futaba did a part time job whenever they didn't have a regular job, and Rin, being a student, need to take absence from her class whenever there's a job.

Even when they already held mini concert, having interview, and release a single, they're still struggling financially. The industry is strict and competitive. Your role could be taken by another seiyuu, and luck still play a big role in determining your chance of success. Of course this show still haven't show the dark side of being seiyu, there's no seiyu doing eroge using fake name, being stalked by crazy fans, or having strict regulations.

Despite it flaw and mediocre animation, there's several things that i like from this show. One, cameo by famous seiyu playing themselves and the ending song. Each ending song lyrics is changed to fit the theme, and there also a request corner where they sing a cover of anime songs, which is great and funny at the same time.

It's not Shirobako, it did not have as much style and flair as Shirobako, but i'm still entertained by this show, so yeah. Good show, a 7/10

Peeping Life TV 01

I don't even know. This is like...some kind of Japanese skit show except everyone is from Tatsunoko and Tezuka shows and they look kind of like smoother Virtua Fighter characters? It's kind of cool to say the least.

blurr

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 01

Doesn't reinvent the wheel but whatever I saw, it was pretty well done. Great music, action and pacing. Looking forward to more of it.

I last saw a Gundam on TV back in the early 2000s, don't even remember it much. This episode reminded me of Aldnoah 01 a lot albeit this was done better.

Osumatsu-san 01

E5lITbk.jpg

Obama-kun

HIROSHI KAMIYA AGAIN. GOD. How can this guy play the main character in 3 shows this season?

I can definitely see the Gintama influence here in the second half. I wasn't really feeling it until their characters started to break down and turn Showa. This seems like a lot of the jokes will be hard to get for people outside of Japan...but I'm already watching Monogatari and it can't be as bad as Peeping Life TV in that regard.

Osomatsu-san 01

Even though I can't relate to the source material I still found this pretty fun. The boy anime part wasn't that good but when the other influences got added it quickly turned around. Haikyuu and Love Live references in one scene? Count me in!

Will continue watching.

Seems like it's going to change a bit in the next episode so I'm still cautious.

Osomatsu-san - 01

Ha, chuckled quite a few times. I think it was pretty solid throughout.
I'm excited for more, though I wonder how the comedy will play out in the remaining episodes, as this to me seemed tailored for an isolated premiere episode.
1bcdkbW.jpg
vYPa2ua.jpg

ha idolmaster reference!!

Qurupeke

Monogatari Series Second Season 1-6

I didn't really like we got more Hanekawa and Neko after Kuro, but at least it was a pretty nice arc. Hanekawa had quite the development since the start, she's nothing like the long haired girl with the glasses we first met. The tiger was also quite fearsome, it managed to destroy a lot of things. The most surprising aspect of this arc was definitely Araragi's absence and his badass return. I'd never imagine that he looks cool.

Senjougahara continues to be my favourite character though. I like that she tries to show how much she changed but she's mostly the same (crazy) Senjougahara.

-Horizon-

No other show will compare this season. They should just pack it in. Its over. We have reached the pinnacle of animation.
I mean we already combined every other popular show, you can't get better than that

Yuru Yuri S3 1
Going from Osomatsu-san to this is like eating a gourmet meal and then following it up with licking dog food off the floor. Actually that's a bad comparison, eating dog food would be more thrilling than watching this.

Tuck

Still need to watch Comet Lucifer and Concrete Revolutio, but here are the 3 I've watched so far.

Lupin in Italy - 1
This was pretty fun - I like the style a lot, and the animation is pretty great. I felt it a tad disjointed, though I can't really describe it. Not a fan of their portrayal of Fujiko, but its not like I'm familiar with her portrayals in other shows. I do like how much personality the show has.

Gundam Orphans - 1
I haven't watched a Gundam show in a long time. I was pleasantly surprised. The action was awesome. The premise isn't exactly original - I was reminded immediately of Aldnoah (Which is probably just a copy of some other show, but Aldnoah is what came to mind). The episode introduced a lot of characters and factions very rapidly so I was a bit confused, and there was some sloppy exposition at a few points (Where characters just sit around explaining to each other the relevant background lore/info). Not sure about the main character. I was expecting... not that. Seems like he might have more to him than Inaho did - I hope so. Idaho was horrible.

One Punch Man - 1
AOTY

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Osomatsu-san Episode 1:

I am not sure what I was expecting but it sure was not post-modern ironic satire mixed in with DTL's imagination. That being said, this show has my interest as it reminds me of the post-modernist shows Adult Swim used to make in the early 2000s, stuff like Sealab 2021 and Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law.

Sterok

Aikatsu 153

Time to kick off season 4. Not sure what to think of the new op. Need more time to form an opinion. New ed is great though. 1st gen is still alive. DreAca to stop not existing? Tristar is definitely still a thing? Even Mikuru returning? I'm liking this set up, and we've barely seen anything. Akari is on her fourth hairstyle now. Stick with something. Seems that Nono and Risa are a spin on the local idol thing Kokone had. So far Nono > Risa, but both are off to a good start. Let's Aikatsu being the first song is kind of underwhelming. Not even a new version. The Stage Diary is no Aikatsu Aphorism, but it is informative. A worthy replacement. Still no idea how this season will play out, but it's looking good. There only seems to be 2 new characters, so hopefully VCP at least doesn't get shafted too hard.

Is the new Yuru Yuri that bad?? :(

It's different.

I'll have to see more episodes to form a real opinion on whether I like this change or not, it felt slower in a way I guess.

I didn't enjoy this episode, that's all I can say at this point.

But watch it for yourself. Maybe you'll actually like the change, I doubt it though.

Makikou

Diamond no Ace S2 Ep 27.

It's getting on!!! Super hyped and totally rooting for Kataoka's team. He just seems to get people fired up much better than Ochiai..

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I follow the Amanchu manga and no, it isn't. I have no idea what that MAL synopsis is talking about. The most "yuri" this manga could get is scenes of sincere female bonding. They're not even as evocative like, say, that Euphonium anime.
It's as "yuri" as Aria. But people can ship anyone and anything these days. lol

SephLuis

How accurate is Haikyuu to real Volleybal? I'm kinda curious.

Just from watching it on TV it seems fairly accurate.

I have seen around 10 or so episodes and, so far, it is mostly accurate.

I never met someone who could jump heights like the kid in the anime, but when a person's small, they usually play libero position. And they are damn fast and good at recovering balls.

I just find it odd that the beginners are bad at receiving, since this is like step 1 when training volley lol

I have seen around 10 or so episodes and, so far, it is mostly accurate.

I never met someone who could jump heights like the kid in the anime, but when a person's small, they usually play libero position. And they are damn fast and good at recovering balls.

I just find it odd that the beginners are bad at receiving, since this is like step 1 when training volley lol

But hinata never received much formal training or practice, Yams too. Actually did Tsukki play much either. Also it makes it sound like Karasuno didnt have many people to even practice against before this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom