• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what this isbut it looks good? EDIT: After looking it up, I saw that it is Yuri. Of course lol.

I follow the Amanchu manga and no, it isn't. I have no idea what that MAL synopsis is talking about. The most "yuri" this manga could get is scenes of sincere female bonding. They're not even as evocative like, say, that Euphonium anime.

T50zaFD.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 146:

Right, I am really becoming at a loss as to what to say since nothing ever fucking changes anymore. Well, okay, this episode is a bit different in the fact that for some reason they wanted to do a parody and homage to the film Roman Holiday for some reason. Outside of that, nope, I got nothing, this season has been so much bloody white noise it is actually demoralizing.

Defuser

Comet Lucifer ep1
I like how this season is a season of mechs. Heavy Object,Gundam and now this.

Despite a decent first episode I don't know anything about the world, the items, the relationship between the characters and the army's motives which was handled poorly.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 147:

Well, this is a bit of a change of pace as it is a focus episode on Makoto though I would be lying if I didn't find the premise more then a little distasteful. It has been awhile but this episode recasts into the light Makoto's desire to marry and her propensity to fall in "love" at literal first sight. I want to say it is intentional but I am not sure but this episode was more a cautionary tale about the dangers of falling in love when somebody you barely know, I just have moral complications when I find myself agreeing with the psudorapists, as the feels like victim blaming of a sort. Anyway, the uptick is that Jupiter is the first one to finally display a new power with Superior Sparkling Thunder and boy is it bland as fuck. Recommendation to avoid this episode.

Jintor

Shirobako 2

I closed my eyes at a few bits and man, it almost seemed like a radio drama that just happened to have visuals.

The crap production assistant is pretty damn crap ey. Poor Director, too bad with words to do anything

Sölf

Shirobako 04
God, I love these characters and I still can't name any of them. xD
Also, I somehow get the feeling the director is a little bit too laid back. Not sure why though. Could be wrong.

As always seems like weekends has all of the best shows. I'll be making my friends watch one punch man this weekend. It'll be glorious.

And then when I'm back home I can watch LN crap with those two shows that are mirror images of each other.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Sore Ga Seiyuu 11
Talk about effective cameo. Feel a bit sad when Ryoko Shiraishi told the viewer about her throat operation.

As always seems like weekends has all of the best shows. I'll be making my friends watch one punch man this weekend. It'll be glorious.

And then when I'm back home I can watch LN crap with those two shows that are mirror images of each other.
I have 7 shows to watch on Saturday and Sunday. It's madness.

Also to your last point, Cavalry is the better LN crap show.

pbayne

Still pounding through the backlog before the new season really kicks off

Mushihi 1-5

Great watch so far but it definitely feels like a show that I should watch once a week instead of marathoning. Ginko is Spike levels of cool.

Eden of the East 1-4

I had no idea what this show was like. Like holy shit I thought it was a straightforward romance. I'm cautiously optimistic as it has the type of plot that is incredibly easy to fuck up and over complicate.

Genshiken Nidamie 5-9

C'mon Madarame. Please just get the girl, give the guy a break.

Jintor

Shirobako 3

We only ever pulled one all-nighter off to get a mag to print before, and I was just a sub-editor, but this is bringing back dark memories

That final cut though... god damn, worth it. Thank you director-san

You can't deflate my hype.

Attack on Titan S1 was the best anime since Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I dont want to live in a world in which Isayama and Arakawa are considered literary masterminds, but stories are heavily flawed, though Shingeki at least has much better characters (Will take Jean and Eren over Roy, Ling (greed), and Selim.

duckroll

Final Animator Expo this week: http://animatorexpo.com/news/129

“Cassette Girl”

<Staff>
Director, Original Story Creation: Hiroyasu Kobayashi
Art Direction, Character Design: Shigeto Koyama
Mechanical Design: Takeshi Takakura
Screenplay: Yoji Enokido
Storyboard Artist: Masayuki
CGI Animation: Studio Khara Digital Department

<Brief overview>
20XX year , the world was wrapped in deep snow .
In the world,The people of dim cold winter had been managing all [THE MEDIA] .

RLDWzmA.jpg

Russ T

Banned
Watched a few more episodes of Food Wars (four total), and yeah I'm glad people talked me into sticking with this.

gon b gud

The equal opportunity fanservice has finally come into play, too. That apron guy. <3

Ace of the Diamond Second Season Episode 27
CQjfoCdUwAAIsv2.jpg

That Kanemaru. The first string v second string game makes me want to fast forward to next week already. Im hoping first string gets destroyed (sorry Kanemaru, Haruichi, Furuya). Sawamura's pitching will be too good as well as coach Kataoka guidance. The difference in how fired up the second string was compared to Ochiai suggests second string will do well. I cant wait.

Grzi

I've missed most of the stuff happening with anime these past few months, can anyone tell me what shows were the best from the Summer season?

Also, what were the standout first episodes of the Fall season?
I'll be watching Onepunch-Man, Haikyuu S2, Gindam and Noragami of course.

But the second one the funniest MC response to the cliche that is in both shows lol
I've read some chapters out of morbid curiosity and that's basically the highlight of the show in the actually clever department. Prepare yourself for
incest
. Though from what I read there are two other positives
two leads start dating/confess fairly early on, and there seems to be a transgendered individual that the punchline wasn't that he crossdresses

I've missed most of the stuff happening with anime these past few months, can anyone tell me what shows were the best from the Summer season?

Young Black Jack is definitely worth watching.

Also try Osomatsu and Perfect Insider when they air.

Cornbread78

Summer had lots of great stuff:
- Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
- Prison School
- Charlotte
- Rokka no Yuusha
- Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
- Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
- Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
- Himouto! Umaru-chan
- Jitsu wa Watashi wa (Actually, I Am)
- Working!!!
- Classroom&#9734;Crisis
- Non Non Biyori Repeat

Lots and Lots of good stuff in there. I mean, Fall is a joke compared to that list...

Ascheroth

Rokka no Yuusha was amazing. It starts out as a rather by the number heroes vs. evil adventure story, but turns into a locked room mystery very quickly and just gets better and better from there on.

If you want some 90ies action shonen, but made in modern times, you might wnat to check out Ushio to Tora. It's still ongoing.

Shokugeki no Soma was also really good. It's basically a cooking battle shounen. It's ridiculous, over the top, hot-blooded, and non-stop entertaining from beginning to end with an amazing supporting cast.
Be warned though, that the beginning is really bad when it comes to fanservice, but it improves after the first few episodes. There is still fanservice throughout the entire show, but never as bad as the first episode.

Aside from those you've listed, Comet Lucifer was really good.

Lots and Lots of good stuff in there. I mean, Fall is a joke compared to that list...

Go watch One Punch Man, Cornbread.

Russ T

Banned
Based on first episodes, this season is way way way better for me than last season.

But most anime series take a few episodes to settle into a groove, so we'll see.

That said, One Punch Man is basically the end of anime for me. Nothing will top it, ever, if that first episode is anything to go by.

Cornbread78

Eureka 7 ep.36-38
Lots of backstory and character/relationship building in these episodes. We finally bridged the gap in Holland's relationship with Renton's sister and the relationship between Eureka and Renton's dad. Eureka and Renton are growing emotionally right before us on and their relationship is moving right along with it. Also, we got the below hilarious moment, which was great and also involved a lot of growth.

520699-eureka.jpg

Finalow

so the first episode of Gundam was surprisingly good and the adaptation of OPM was also (not surprisingly) very good.

season redeemed

phaze

I wouldn't say there was anything particularly worthy of attention but Soma, Shimoneta (assuming the very nature of the show doesn't turn you off) ond maybe Rokka are probably your best bets.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Grzi, you should note that this statement is comparing completed shows with some that haven't even broadcast their first episode yet. If you want to know what's good this season I recommend asking again in two to three weeks.

Starmyu Episode 1
CQkPRAQWIAAxbtK.png
CQkPQ9NWEAAHrAr.png

Yes more singing boys anime hat manages to keep itself different from UtaPri and also from Shonen Hollywood. Its unlike utapri since there didnt seem to be any female character in site or them singing about love for one, and different from Shonen Hollywood since they arent being thrust into the eye of the public to become stars from 0 and deal with their own life issues.

Anyway, Yuta Hoshitani is my favorite thus far as his song was pretty fantastic and his dance moves are great. The council is also all around good too with their spectacular song and dance. I need the character cds today.

CQkSYMIWIAAVOfQ.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kubo has been writing one final arc for ages. Surprisingly, it's kind of OK. It's not the best thing I've ever read, but it's head and shoulders above the last few arcs.

...it kind of isn't. Its completely nonsensical.

Cornbread78

Grzi, you should note that this statement is comparing completed shows with some that haven't even broadcast their first episode yet. If you want to know what's good this season I recommend asking again in two to three weeks.

True, but..... I'll give it another week, however, it is going to be tough to come anywhere near close to the summer list. I didn;t even add in Ore Monogatari or Soma in there, lol

Based on first episodes, this season is way way way better for me than last season.

But most anime series take a few episodes to settle into a groove, so we'll see.

That said, One Punch Man is basically the end of anime for me. Nothing will top it, ever, if that first episode is anything to go by.

I know I'm the minority here but I thought the first episode for OnePunch Man was meh. It wasn't bad its just that it didn't do anything for me. I guess reading the manga affected my enjoyment due to it getting stale.

Still I hope Madhouse does it justice for all 12 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom