• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatmac

Having no experience with the older show I still had some laughs with the references to other popular anime. It has a surprising amount of top class VA work. I swear I think I've heard Araragi-san's voice in every anime this season. Guy gets work.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Choromatsu is the real star of Osomatsu.

Haly

My panties drop for those Ivy associate profs.

Haly

It could work. You'd have one associate prof for every Ivy, and that'd be enough to cover most of the male idol archetypes.

Peeping Life 1

I'm guessing this is improv. Definitely doesn't seem like it's scripted at least.

Doesn't make the visuals any less unsettling though.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Episode 18
CQmGCANUEAAGCTv.jpg

Finally best spell and best magician makes his appearance. He looks fantastic animated and his attack was pretty cool. Juudai may need a training arc/powerup to even get a gram of as good as Yugi's deck in this.

Highly stylized people can perhaps.

However, I would argue normal people can't.

Or do I need to remind you of Parasyte's unfortunate CG people? (Large Image)

Even if you restrict things to realistic looking human characters, it's certainly not impossible to make them look good in CG. Just look at the work of Square Enix Visual Works, for instance. The thing is, the best Japanese CG animators and animation studios usually focus on video games over anime, since that's where the money is. With CG taking an increasingly prominent place in the anime industry however, that's beginning to change.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 48
CQmOA0VUEAAOgE6.jpg

I think I realized why I love 5D's so much, Yusei is so into helping everyone and actually smiling and being glad for his friends that it just makes it feel really warm and special all the time. The way he was smiling at Lua as Lua was dueling showing clear growth for example. Its really good.

e_i

Attack on chibi episode 1

17 minutes? That's an odd time. The OP is pretty good, a satire of the original OP...as if the OG OP hasn't been satired to death already. Ymir has her waifu, Mikasa has her waifu, and potato girl has her onigiri and the Titans want their
obentos.
All in all, pretty good.

Squishy3

The reason Etotama and Show By Rock also have such good CG is because they're separated into their own sequences and you don't get the clashing between traditional animation and CG that makes the CG stand out like a sore thumb

cg crowds are also always terrible but that'll be what it is

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
YuruYuri Season 3 Episode 1:

Well, in spite of the reaction to this episode I decided to watch this because, well, I have watched all of YuruYuri up to this point and I see no reason to stop now. Anyway, this was better then the bridging specials were in that I laughed a few times so yay for that. Still, I am in agreement that this episode looked very dull and drab and gray. Also, can't help but feel the current team is missing the mark on certain characters or they have just jettisoned whole joke routines, which may actually be for the better. I kind of got tired of invisible Akari rather quickly.

sonicmj1

Mr. Osomatsu 1

That... was something. Is this what Gintama is normally like?

This episode was a real attention-grabber, and I'm impressed how far they were able to push the opening gag. And while I know that's not what the rest of the show is going to be, I'm not worried, because their other gags are still great. The next episode preview gag even trumped the one in One Punch Man.

I just hope Choromatsu doesn't get pegged into a straight man role. Japanese comedy can get pretty boring for me when it settles too comfortably into "outrageous gag -> outrageous reaction", so hopefully the show will keep mixing things up. But not too much. Just enough that every element stands on its own, yet all blend harmoniously together, like a good bowl of oden.

Mr. Osomatsu 1

That... was something. Is this what Gintama is normally like?

I just hope Choromatsu doesn't get pegged into a straight man role. Japanese comedy can get pretty boring for me when it settles too comfortably into "outrageous gag -> outrageous reaction", so hopefully the show will keep mixing things up. But not too much. Just enough that every element stands on its own, yet all blend harmoniously together, like a good bowl of oden.

Kind of, it's pretty similar to Gintama, but Gintama is more character based...we'll see how that works with 6 people who are the same.

And also going by Gintama, there will probably be the straight man routine, Shinpachi is like the biggest straight man I've ever seen.

Monogatari Second Season 25

Damn, that ending. Going to assume she was deceived before. Probably Gaen, which is why she wanted him to pull out.

What was in that damn closet?

I guess Osomatsu and Young Black Jack will be my contenders for AOTS. Hopefully they continue to stay good.

Now I guess I just have to wait for Perfect Insider to air.

Honestly though this season has been pretty great. There have been some pretty great surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom