• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

I work on the weekends, go to college on the week days. After a 9hr shift, getting home at night, I want a something to watch and take my mind off the terribly chaotic day I had, and the stress that I have ahead of me going into the week days. I don't need God tier content to fit the criteria. Just like when you are hungry you can have a quick burger, or go to a restaurant and have a full coarse meal. They both fill you up, one is worse for your health but it's cheaper and easier/quicker to consume lol. Basically anime is like food.

Yeah, pretty much this, LOL. I have classes during the week, and busy going out on Friday and Saturdays before Toonami. I come back from school and either nap or occupy the NFL thread.

It depends on if the bad show is pleasing to my eyes. Some make me roll my eyes and rage, other ones I just laugh and go "This is too good to miss!" like Cross Ange.

You're pushing Young Black Jack really hard. I haven't seen you promote a show so heavily pre-season since Tokyo Ghoul.

I'm promoting Young Black Jack because its the type of show that can easily go unnoticed. As a person who enjoyed the 2004 version when I was younger, I'll definitely promote this new version.

As for Tokyo Ghoul I promote the manga instead because the anime is a abomination. To think I believed the Staff/production committee wouldn't completely screw up on Root A.

Cornbread78

For a new page:

The next "Let's Watch" is up:

Blast of Tempest:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1120956

You all better join in
or else
to quote Steven A. Smith:

"You do not want to make an enemy out of me"

tumblr_mmrj0u8Ywe1qbvovho1_500.gif

I love this punch.. Amazing follow-through on the punch..

blurr

Kekkai Sensen 12 END

It was worth the wait, even though it didn't intend to make us wait. A grand way to end the series, I really missed the surrealism and its ridiculous style. Everyone had a part to play, much like the finale of any series and this one well done at that.

I liked and I am satisfied with the conclusion to it as well, I hope to see more of Kekkai Sensen.

Russ T

Banned
I've seen a guy who got a background character, a shit one at that, in fact I've seen multiple people get the same person. Yours can't be that bad, post it!

I will when I get home. I'm just bitter 'cause all my friends got really cool frames, and mine is just... bleh. Well, you'll see!

Kekkai Sensen 12 END

It was worth the wait, even though it didn't intend to make us wait. A grand way to end the series, I really missed the surrealism and its ridiculous style. Everyone had a part to play, much like the finale of any series and this one well done at that.

I liked and I am satisfied with the conclusion to it as well, I hope to see more of Kekkai Sensen.

Is it on Funi, yet? I've been waiting for it to show up there, it didn't right away, so I was sad.

blurr

I will when I get home. I'm just bitter 'cause all my friends got really cool frames, and mine is just... bleh. Well, you'll see!

Is it on Funi, yet? I've been waiting for it to show up there, it didn't right away, so I was sad.

Not that I know, I saw on Daisuki

JulianImp

For anyone who doesn't know, here's THE LIST that I'm talking about.

What kind of list is that supposed to be? The only shows I've even watched from that list are School Days (decent, but has nothing that'd make it a must-see) and Samurai Flamenco (which I've got to say it was an underwleming show for the most part).

What kind of list is that supposed to be? The only shows I've even watched from that list are School Days (decent, but has nothing that'd make it a must-see) and Samurai Flamenco (which I've got to say it was an underwleming show for the most part).

It's a list of shows that are bad in an entertaining way.

JulianImp

It's a list of shows that are bad in an entertaining way, or at least it's supposed to be.

Duly noted, for what it's worth.

SamFlam was very un-fun it was in the middle episodes, when it felt like the plot was just going through the motions of invoking every sentai trope in the book. The beginning and the end were definitely more novel and worth watching, though.

Then, School Days was only good in a "Makoto sucks and deserves to die" kind of way. While the whole cast was full of stupid characters that kept making stupid decissions, Makoto takes the cake even if it kind of made sense for him to allow his hormones to take over, being just a sex-obsessed teenager.

I've also randomly realized that I've been using the same avatar for too long now. Time to go find me another Kaiki screencap.

Symphogear G 1
This looks a decent bit better than the original. A much better transformation sequence, attacks looking more impressive and Chris was cute with her tsundere act. A little surprising to see a black Gungnir when just being a Symphogear user would be impressive enough

javac

Wait, Arjuna is on my to watch list. I didn't realize it was one of those types of shows, welp forget that then.

I posted it in the toonmai thread, but maybe people here will be interested to know this.

Bandai Visual actually used that Space Dandy commercial Funi had produced to sell it.

The one with Ian Sinclair.

Guys, season 2 is basically confirmed.

Please be confirmed. ;_;

phaze

• Life's been werid and intrusive lately.
    [*]I forgot about it!

I hope to do some backlog housecleaning this weekend for those shows with just a few eps left.

smh at the bolded !

------------

BBB finale was ... weird.

Like, the show always felt a bit confusing to me at times but this one cranked it up to eleven over 9000. Granted I've forgotten some things since last ep aired but even with that in mind, it still seemed like a stuff kept happening because ... reasons.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 1:

So I was probably one of the most critical of Okada when this was announced (and even before that), yet I have to say that this was a great first impression. This is a very strong opening episode, one which presents a very interesting take on Gundam. It sort of feels to me like the Gundam that never really existed yet we all remember existing when we haven't seen it for awhile (with a more serious and grounded take on war, etc), but it's pretty exciting, and I could see this show turning out well if they can keep up the quality of the first episode. Of course, there have been plenty of Gundam shows to have strong openings and then promptly fall apart, so this could all be moot within a few weeks, but I'm feeling really good about the show just based on this episode.

The biggest potential pitfall I see right now is that, like most mecha shows in the post-Code Geass era, there are way too many characters, most of whom see interchangeable. There's no real need to introduce us to so many characters right off the bat. This was a big problem that Code Geass had, and ever since then it feels like mecha shows just keep getting larger and large cast sizes, in an effort to have every single possible character design appear somewhere in the show because they'll be someone's weird favorite.

The episode also has some very gorgeous shots. There are some lovely backgrounds, and some great details during certain moments. It's a pretty good opening from a visual point of view, and hopefully we can keep that up, rather than falling into second half of Destiny territory. The music is also pretty effective during some key scenes.

So far, I'm very happy to have been wrong about this show. I really hope that they can keep up the quality of the first episode over the course of the series. Who knows, maybe Gundam was Okada's true calling all along?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Should just let the list die peacefully. We had our fun, but it's just not possible to imprint our own nostalgia for bygone thread culture upon newer posters. It was a happy accident created and sustained by the convergence of a few people with a peculiar sense of humor, but groupwatching and the groupwatchers are both gone. We finally broke the cycle of masochism that made a lot of people uncomfortable anyway, so I'm fine letting it all disappear.

Oh man, the sheer amount of people in here who have never heard of the List.

Back from 2013-2014 shows like Mad Bull 34, Garzey`s Wing, Earth Maiden Arjuna, and Yami caused such joy and enlightenment among our fellow members.

Here's one former regular's experience with a certain Yami episode, for example.

This is making me nostalgic for the good old days of AnimeGAF. Feels weird to be one of the longest-posting members still active in these threads.

I posted it in the toonmai thread, but maybe people here will be interested to know this.

Bandai Visual actually used that Space Dandy commercial Funi had produced to sell it.

The one with Ian Sinclair.

Guys, season 2 is basically confirmed.

Please be confirmed. ;_;

We already got a season 2. :p

Symphogear G 2
The action was pretty silly here, especially with the most amazing cape ever in which Maria is able to spin around herself and it basically deflecting all attacks. I'm kind of surprised that wasn't her armed gear since that looked OP as shit. The two new symphogear users are pretty cool throwing buzzsaws and scythes. And then there's Hibiki's inner turmoil about being a "hypocrite" despite almost dying to save the world and putting all that strain on from basically 3 Climax songs to destroy that Noise.

Symphogear G 2
The action was pretty silly here, especially with the most amazing cape ever in which Maria is able to spin around herself and it basically deflecting all attacks. I'm kind of surprised that wasn't her armed gear since that looked OP as shit. The two new symphogear users are pretty cool throwing buzzsaws and scythes. And then there's Hibiki's inner turmoil about being a "hypocrite" despite almost dying to save the world and putting all that strain on from basically 3 Climax songs to destroy that Noise.

They had to find a way to nerf Hibiki, so they went with the emotional route.

Get used to it.

I still think Mad Bull 34 is actually a totally good series

The Predator is in it

Edit: I don't even remember when I started posting here. Now I'm the the top poster. It's all my fault.

Should just let the list die peacefully. We had our fun, but it's just not possible to imprint our own nostalgia for bygone thread culture upon newer posters. It was a happy accident created and sustained by the convergence of a few people with a peculiar sense of humor, but groupwatching and the groupwatchers are both gone. We finally broke the cycle of masochism that made a lot of people uncomfortable anyway, so I'm fine letting it all disappear.

I certainly don't think people should force other people to watch "the list", and the constant pushing of School Days always got on my nerves.

But Blood-C is a legitimately good show, and people should totally watch it.

Yeah, I miss the AnimeGAF of around 2011-2013 or so. We've lost a lot of great posters over the years.

I'm glad that I got into AnimeGAF when people like Jexhius were posting long, detailed, thoughtful analysis of anime. It really helped me develop a strong understanding of the language of film and how it can be used and misused. Even the professional film critics I read avidly when I was getting into foreign film (which is actually what led me to anime in the first place, back when Spirited Away was released in the US) were not as helpful in that regard as Jexhius' posts.

bryt

I'm looking for some recommendations.

I haven't watched anime in the past 4-5 years and was wondering if any good shows similar to Akagi, Kaiji, or Death Note have been released in that time frame.

Thanks.

I'm looking for some recommendations.

I haven't watched anime in the past 4-5 years and was wondering if any good shows similar to Akagi, Kaiji, or Death Note have been released in that time frame.

Thanks.

Death Parade for Akagi/Kaiji and Monster for Death Note. I haven't seen Monster, though.

Akagi and Kaiji are by a mangaka named Nobuyuki Fukumoto, you can check out some of his other works like Ten or Strongest Man Kurosawa.

I certainly don't miss the endless waves of people watching School Days.

I still haven't seen that and I got banned over it

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I saw this in another thread:
In honor of the 10th anniversary of her best-selling vampire romance, Twilight author Stephenie Meyer has written a 442-page reimagining of the novel that made her a publishing sensation. This time around, she’s switched the genders of her protagonists. Yes, it’s true. In the new tale titled Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined, Bella Swan is now a boy named Beau (short for Beaufort) and the brooding Edward Cullen is now Edythe. Meyer is expected to discuss the project in more detail during an appearance Tuesday morning on Good Morning America.

And I'll admit, I kind of want to see a gender swapped Monogatari. So maybe this cash grab idea catches on and everyone decides to whore their IPs out via gender swapping. lol

I saw this in another thread:

And I'll admit, I kind of want to see a gender swapped Monogatari. So maybe this cash grab idea catches on and everyone decides to whore their IPs out via gender swapping. lol

Didn't whoever wrote 50 Shades just swap who was the main character and have it from their perspective?

Incoming books from everyone not Arararararagi's perspective

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Didn't whoever wrote 50 Shades just swap who was the main character and have it from their perspective?

Incoming books from everyone not Arararararagi's perspective
Oh right, 50 shades from the perspective of the guy. lol

Man, when you whore out your books more than anime LN writers, you know you've hit rock bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom