• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blade

Just got another show DVD in today. Need to get another OVA of this show and the movie and I am ready to start the process to watch this franchise sometime as early as next month. Man..I don`t have any expectation of this franchise but all I know is coming from the games it came from and look like quite a few gamer love the games quite a bit. Would be cool if anyone join me watching this franchise.

Lupin the 3rd Part IV 1:
It's Lupin the 3rd.

It's good. I had a big grin on my face throughout most of the episode. It kept a high energy throughout the whole thing, and it just felt like solid, meat and potatoes Lupin. The gang put together a crazy plan, Fujiko works at cross purposes with them, Zenigata runs around trying to stop them and gets involved in some slapstick antics, multiple characters wear disguises, it was all there. Just a whole lot of fun.

Cornbread78

Sweet, let's check this trash out.

reading the description of the male MC I thought for a second this was that harem/Slice of life manga adaptation that like firehawk or someone else keeps promoting where a gay main character is in a harem manga with females and was interested in it.

But it's not.

Yeah, definitely not, lol. Someone said it's about a boy that is abducted and brought to an all girls school, but has to pretend he's homosexual or else he gets castrated or something like that..

Oh, btw:

For a new page:

The next "Let's Watch" is up:

Blast of Tempest:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1120956

tumblr_mmrj0u8Ywe1qbvovho1_500.gif

Sterok

Yo-kai Watch Dub 1

It's been a long time since I watched a dub. Very solid dub. Op and ed are both solid.I especially like that they kept the yo-kai term instead of Americanizing it. Nate is great for your standard kid protagonist. He has a great dynamic with Whisper the lovable ghost. And the future king himself Jibanyan is as adorable as his artwork suggested. Though his backstory was a lot darker than I was expecting. I'm surprised it didn't get censored. A great start, and I wish this series good luck in all its endeavors.

Avixph

Did any of you watch the first episode of Osomatsu-san?
uKtx51B.jpg

I thought it was great especially for
the different anime parodies
. Are there anymore anime like it?

Tuck

Planetes - 1,2
Very different from what I was expecting. I went in knowing that its apparently very good sic-fi. Wasn't expecting so many light hearted jokes.

Enjoying it quite a bit.

In other news I need to start back up on my Gintama watching again. Stiiiiiiiill at episode 10.

Squishy3

Well, it is. If you can handle long series it's very worth it. Just think of it like something you will chip away at and not something to rush through. If you end up enjoying it, it's 300 episodes of something that you will like.
It's a really good companion show to something else, because a large amount are standalone episodes, or mini-arcs that are 4-5 episodes. You'll get the occasional 2 parter as well. So it's a pretty easy show to constantly cycle in and out of.

Kvik

Heavy Object's first episode was pretty rough. It was full of clunky exposition and bad CG.

Oh. that diminishes my excitement a bit. I'm keen to watch more mecha show this season, since there is nothing quite like Prison School and Monmusu.

Fafner is well, you need to watch it. That first episode this season...Wow.

I'm still at episode 5 of S1, if it's that good I'll probably powerwatch it this weekend since I've finished with MGSV

Also, I watched the first episode of Comet Lucifer and the mecha design was.. OK, I suppose. But the runaway bride plotting.. not sure yet.

Kanbaru Suruga Shut up and Jam

LrXWmpd.png
b1pBkSU.png
rr4wmIF.jpg

I can get over everything else but Araragi looks like a boy band member now

This is far more of a rather unimportant side story then I thought it would be. Given as Kanbaru was the only one without an arc in SS, one would think that this would be about the time her and Araragi disappeared to do "something" during the Tsubasa Tiger arc...but it's not.

Not quite sure how to feel about Kaiki living. On one hand I really like his character, but on the other it takes away from his "death" scene. Oh well, my fault for thinking someone who perished in an ambiguous way actually died.
Although this is lesser if you consider this a part of Second Season and not it's own thing. It's rather clear even though this was split into 5 episodes it was meant to be watched all at once, the episode breaks aren't as clean as in a TV series and Numachi manages to Montague cross episode and far longer then Shinobu did in episode 18 of SS. It's not paced like a movie, either which puts Hana in a sort of weird position.

Enjoyable, but along the same lines as Kuro or Nise and a major step down from SS. Can't wait for this series to bounce back to before this happened with Tsuki and Owari.

Witch Hunter Robin 6

The creepy doll episode. Certainly creepy that's for sure. Especially if you find a dark room full of dolls staring at you.

Decent episode.

Phatmac

Kanbaru Suruga Shut up and Jam

This is far more of a rather unimportant side story then I thought it would be. Given as Kanbaru was the only one without an arc in SS, one would think that this would be about the time her and Araragi disappeared to do "something" during the Tsubasa Tiger arc...but it's not.

Not quite sure how to feel about Kaiki living. On one hand I really like his character, but on the other it takes away from his "death" scene. Oh well, my fault for thinking someone who perished in an ambiguous way actually died.
Although this is lesser if you consider this a part of Second Season and not it's own thing. It's rather clear even though this was split into 5 episodes it was meant to be watched all at once, the episode breaks aren't as clean as in a TV series and Numachi manages to Montague cross episode and far longer then Shinobu did in episode 18 of SS. It's not paced like a movie, either which puts Hana in a sort of weird position.

Enjoyable, but along the same lines as Kuro or Nise and a major step down from SS. Can't wait for this series to bounce back to before this happened with Tsuki and Owari.
Oh god I just remembered that Araragi drives a buggy of all cars. He does look strange but more mature in a way

John Blade

Witch Hunter Robin 6

The creepy doll episode. Certainly creepy that's for sure. Especially if you find a dark room full of dolls staring at you.

Decent episode.

Ah...hope you will like this show. Finish this this year in my backlog collection. Not a bad show but have some minor flaw.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Episode 19

This Yugi deck duelist has more than one Ace card. Black Magician of Chaos is still the best macian. Getting a Black Luster Soldier Enjoy of the Beginning for it was a bad move.

Oh well, "Gotcha That Was A Good Duel" indeed. I hope for more multiple episode duels.

Witch Hunter Robin 7

I have to admit the twist about who the real witch is caught me off guard. I also didn't expect
The supposed witch to get killed like that.
Then again there's no way it would be so open and shut.

Really liked this episode. Started off somewhat slow but then the second half of the episode got really good.

cj_iwakura

The Devil Is A Part-Timer! 04

This show is spiraling into cookie-cutter territory in record time.

Durarara X2 15

This, however, is like fine wine.

John Blade

I'm enjoying it so far. There have been some episodes that have been somewhat boring, but the good episodes make up for it.

Keep up with it as all the stuff that is happening will have a reason and a big arch will come up and you start to realize of what is happening in the show. I think we did have this discussion about this before if I remember.

Also, I am going to try to finish the You`re Under Arrest franchise soon as I want to make my last impression about this franchise after season 3. Man...what a great ride this franchise give me.
Also, after this franchise is done, I am going to start watching Sakura Wars franchise that have been release in North America. I am interested in this mostly of how people like the games that was release but not much was say about the Anime side except for the TV show which isn`t very positive. Still, fresh with no expectation, I do hope this franchise will entertainment me as I am watching it. Would be cool if anyone here join me watching it but that will be impossible as the entire franchise isn`t shown legally as of now and two of the OVA which is release in North America in DVD have been dropped so don`t expected much from there.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 49

Okay, Minus arc for best 5D's arc thus far. The Minus world is very interesting and Lua is going good with his duel out there. Im hoping he wins against a dark signer. Meanwhile Luca is very thoughtful in this world.

Cornbread78

One Punch Man ep.1
So, that was interesting. That eye rip out was pretty intense, lol. I didn't find it as amazing as so many have claimed, but it was interesting stuff and fun so I'll keep tabs on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom