• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I just wish "vets" that clearly have much less interest for the medium can just shut up and not scaring away other people that only want pleasant experience talking about simple cartoon.

All doom n gloom is very tiring.

Well, we got a stronger season with a lot less lewd shows in it so things are looking up.

Line_HTX

Some vets I miss. I'm sad one is gone, as that one was also way into the NFL like me before I decided to post here. What's done is done.

I'll have PdotMichael as my substitute friend instead.

XD

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 153

"Winsome winsome winsome winsome..."

No. You stop talking.

I guess I can infer from the new OP that DreAca girls and Mikuru will be back this season.

Instro

Having not seen the full episode of Comet Lucifer itself I can't speak to the rest of your post, but this statement is nonsense. From what I have seen, Orange is doing an excellent job with the CG in Comet Lucifer, as they normally do. This scene has very strong direction and animation that conveys a real sense of the power and weight behind these mecha and makes for thrilling action. It's better than a lot of 2D mecha action! CG in anime has traditionally been problematic, so I can understand the general concern, and I certainly wouldn't want to give up 2D animation entirely, but there's no reason to disparage the good work being done by Orange here and in Akito, Gooneys in Show by Rock, or Toei in Precure. When you have that level of CG, I can get behind it.

Yeah I try to give the anime Orange is heavily involved in at least a quick look. Even if the shows themselves are poop, their CG work tends to impress and improve year to year.

I haven't seen Comet Lucifer, because I sadly can't afford a crunchy subscription right now, but that fight scene from hosannainexcelsis post is an example of good CG.

Believe it or not, CG mechs can look pretty great provided they don't clash too hard with the rest of the art.

Some mecha shows, despite coming from talented people, don't know quite how to do that.

14568519190_4765a0bfbf_b.jpg

Ugh...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is there anything worth watching this season? Pretty much nothing has piqued my interest so far and a ton of it is apparently sequels to shit I didn't watch to begin with.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is there anything worth watching this season? Pretty much nothing has piqued my interest so far and a ton of it is apparently sequels to shit I didn't watch to begin with.
Gundam?

Utawarerumono is fun as well.

Instro

Haven't gotten to check out much yet. One Punch Man is good at least. Young Black Jack could be good revival, don't know. The new Lupin started recently, appears to be good. Bones and Pierrot shows also look good, although I never finished the first season of Noragami.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I haven't seen Comet Lucifer, because I sadly can't afford a crunchy subscription right now, but that fight scene from hosannainexcelsis post is an example of good CG.

Believe it or not, CG mechs can look pretty great provided they don't clash too hard with the rest of the art.

Some mecha shows, despite coming from talented people, don't know quite how to do that.

14568519190_4765a0bfbf_b.jpg

Ugh...
Has anything surpassed FMA:B's Envy's true form in the CG department?

Droplet

I generally don't really like giant robots but I was fairly impressed with how Iron Blooded Orphans started.

I was pretty impressed by everything in Iron Blooded Orphans. I've only seen a couple Gundam series and I pretty much avoid Mari Okada like the plague, so I was really damn surprised that I actually liked it.

I watched Osomatsu-san because of this thread and enjoyed that too, so that's something? Still have yet to see Concrete Revolutio.

So I watched ep. 25 of Kyoukai no Rinne and so finished the first season... and it ends with an announcement of season 2 coming next spring! That's awesome, Rinne is easily the best anime this year and I'm very happy it'll be getting more. :)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Onepunch man is great.
Ikada gundam is surprisingly decent.
Osomatsu-san probably going to be good since the director is the same as gintama

All the talk reminds me I should rewatch Anne. The BD release looks quite impressive after all.

Some vets I miss. I'm sad one is gone, as that one was also way into the NFL like me before I decided to post here. What's done is done.

I'll have PdotMichael as my substitute friend instead.

XD

Who are you?

So Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans is airing in the Nichigo timeslot on TBS (5 PM Sundays), which is about as high profile a timeslot as most anime can get and the traditional slot where major Gundam series air. Just one problem: Gundam missed the top 10 TV anime ratings list, thus making it at best the 2nd-worst rated premiere in that timeslot. Bizarrely, instead K Return of Kings shows up at number 10 on the list with a 3.0 rating. Late-night anime almost never does well ratings-wise, except the occasional NTV show, so it's bizarre to see K of all things, airing at 2 AM, outperform Gundam.

kewlmyc

Robot on the Road

Entertaining short and very well animated. Odd how such a deviant robot keeps getting hot female travelers to keep picking him up, but it's a short so whatever. Same guy who did Jin-Roh? Interesting.

Mature

Did any of you watch the first episode of Osomatsu-san?
uKtx51B.jpg

I thought it was great especially for
the different anime parodies
. Are there anymore anime like it?
Daily Lives of Highschool Boys!

Most anime gag comedies are reference comedies.

Black Hat

Gintama 292

New ED is boss. Not sure about the OP... may grow on me over time like some of the past ones.

Did they have the Cross Ange staff draw parts of this episode - looked rough at times.

yr0ENQJ.jpg

Please don't derp my Kagura-chan.... Bandai Namco P*ctures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom