• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a common setup in western television, but less so for anime.

Yep.

I don't really distinguish between anime and the rest of media.
Obviously there special considerations in each medium, like animation quality in anime, but in the end, a story is a story, and the comparison is stronger between tv series, even if it's live action vs animated.

In fact, that's why I watch anime in first place, because I don't distinguish between different mediums. If I would, maybe I wouldn't have started to watch anime.

Owari no Serafu is soon.
CQsceIPUsAAHJhV.jpg

I can't believe no one is simulcasting the new Lupin.

Someone weird must have picked it up, or it just wasn't available to simulcast for some reason.

Yep.

I don't really distinguish between anime and the rest of media.
Obviously there special considerations in each medium, like animation quality in anime, but in the end, a story is a story, and the comparison is stronger between tv series, even if it's live action vs animated.

In fact, that's why I watch anime in first place, because I don't distinguish between different mediums. If I would, maybe I wouldn't have started to watch anime.

That was quite the cop-out now. Not that it would really work as argument either way.

"Monogatari" Series Celebrates New Releases with "Fool's Only" Website

It's a website where all the girls hurl verbal insults at you to celebrate the release of the Owarimonogatari TV anime and the publication of Orokamonogatari, The website automatically cycles through an avalanche of insults from various characters, but there's also a banner on the left that allows users to pick a specific character by which to be scorned and verbally abused.
Kadokawa is also running a special Twitter campaign alongside the website, in which entrants are encouraged to follow the official Twitter account and post a message with a screencap and the text of their favorite insult: one lucky winner will receive a T-shirt decorated with their favorite insult and autographed by Isio Nisin.

Sure, why not. Light spoilers.

That was quite the cop-out now. Not that it would really work as argument either way.

Cop-out? Lol.

You mean you didn't really compared the series as you were watching with all the CSIs, Bones, all the Sherlock Holmes series, all the detective series, all the procedural series, etc that there are in the world? Because I'm sure as hell I did.

TUSR

Banned

It's a website where all the girls hurl verbal insults at you to celebrate the release of the Owarimonogatari TV anime and the publication of Orokamonogatari, The website automatically cycles through an avalanche of insults from various characters, but there's also a banner on the left that allows users to pick a specific character by which to be scorned and verbally abused.
Kadokawa is also running a special Twitter campaign alongside the website, in which entrants are encouraged to follow the official Twitter account and post a message with a screencap and the text of their favorite insult: one lucky winner will receive a T-shirt decorated with their favorite insult and autographed by Isio Nisin.

great website

Cop-out? Lol.

You mean you didn't really compared the series as you were watching with all the CSIs, Bones, all the Sherlock Holmes series, all the detective series, all the procedural series, etc that there are in the world? Because I'm sure as hell I did.

It's like complaining of a mecha show is about getting that boy into that godamn robot. Every genre has only a limited amount of settings and introductions.

Once again Senjougahara wins because of the wonderdul I love you scene at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4OskYCEaPs

Cop-out? Lol.

No. Thats why I have an issue with your "we". Use "I" next time. Also this was just the first episode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait? There are better detective anime with that setting?

First episode was a nice setup episode but if there are even better shows out there which went under my radar I would love to know them.
Well, even in Japan the male x female cop/detective drama thing is a common trope in jdrama. I assume any manga in that vein would get adapted to jdrama first, since it's a much better fit than anime.

---

Also, I guess random AnimeGAF podcast plug here: http://thatothersquadcast.podomatic.com/entry/2015-10-07T12_01_07-07_00
Featuring Jexhius, Bob_Coffee, sonicmj1, Geneijin (and some asshole named firehawk12 I guess) with timely discussion of Prison School and Night on the Galactic Railroad.

It took like 3 years or whatever, but it finally happened. So we can close the book on that chapter. lol

Firemind

Working!!! 11-12

Thank fuck that's over. Now we can finally continue to the main cou-

Oh, come on! We're really going back to crossdressing, Popura is petite jokes and Souma being a fucking creeper? This last episode better have a resolution!

Also, I guess random AnimeGAF podcast plug here: http://thatothersquadcast.podomatic.com/entry/2015-10-07T12_01_07-07_00
Featuring Jexhius, Bob_Coffee, sonicmj1, Geneijin (and some asshole named firehawk12 I guess) with timely discussion of Prison School and Night on the Galactic Railroad.

It took like 3 years or whatever, but it finally happened. So we can close the book on that chapter. lol

First Kizu now this? It's going to be weird to put voices to avatars

Go_Ly_Dow

Well, even in Japan the male x female cop/detective drama thing is a common trope in jdrama. I assume any manga in that vein would get adapted to jdrama first, since it's a much better fit than anime.

---

voiiiiiiceeess!!

Will download and listen tomorrow. Cheers guys.

It's like complaining of a mecha show is about getting that boy into that godamn robot. Every genre has only a limited amount of settings and introductions.

Yeah, the execution could have been good, even if the genre and premise is typical.
In this case, I didn't feel it was anything special.

It rubs me the wrong way. It is rather pretentious to assume that everyone is like you.

Well, I suppose, technically, there are a few humans in planet Earth that still haven't read or watched any adaptation of Sherlock Holmes or any of the imitators that followed over decades, or any of the procedural detective shows that are mainstream during the last 10 years...

Lol. "Chief director". Probably another show where he's just a glorified executive producer putting his name on the project to get it off the ground.
Eh? Are you suggesting he's done that for other projects?

Edit: Oh, you must be referring to Fantasista Doll and Linebarrels of Iron where he was "creative producer."

Phatmac

Finally, all my waifus can all verbally abuse me. I'm in bliss.
bX1L6IR.gif

Fox318

I've come to a shocking conclusion

My top anime of all time starts with these two

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
  2. Toradora!

Toradora is amazing and I never would have thought something like that would stick with me so much.

Line_HTX

So, it's celebrating by being verbally abused tsundere style huh?

And maybe get a shirt for it?

Senjougahara probably wins in a landslide for most vicious verbal abuse, lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
DD Fist of the North Star II + Fist of the North Star: Strawberry Flavor

What did I watch?

EDIT: Wait? A podcast. Well I guess I'm going to have to think of something else to do for Christmas…

Firemind

Working!!! 13

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

Guess the situation with Souta's mom still hasn't been resolved yet, but it's going to be some weird RPG thing. Could be decent. Could be absolutely dreadful.

Nafe

Whoa,haha.

I've thought about your podcast before but being busy or doing something else and I kept forgetting to check if you were still doing new episodes..

I guess that's Jexhius then as the host/MC?

Also,

-"Sword Art Online is better than this."-firehawk describing Armada,haha.

If I reviewed anime as I do western TV shows then not only would no anime ever beat any of the top western dramas, but no comedy would ever reach the highs of western comedy. Also Arrow would be part of The List.

WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE

TO THE NEW AGE

RFAOvhN.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would put Dennou Coil above The Wire, but below Band of Brothers.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Whoa,haha.

I've thought about your podcast before but being busy or doing something else and I kept forgetting to check if you were still doing new episodes..

I guess that's Jexhius then as the host/MC?

Also,

-"Sword Art Online is better than this."-firehawk describing Armada,haha.
Yeah, this was a one off (or maybe not a one off, I don't know anymore lol) that we just randomly got together to do one night and Jex took on the hosting duties. I asked the host of my other show to host it for us because it's better than sticking it up on a fileshare site!

(I also need to PM you lol)

If I reviewed anime as I do western TV shows then not only would no anime ever beat any of the top western dramas, but no comedy would ever reach the highs of western comedy. Also Arrow would be part of The List.
I think TV is TV is TV, so I don't apologize for anime just because it's animated or Japanese. That said, I think Hyouka is top tier television regardless... and if more people watched Yamato 2199, they would stop thinking that BSG was a good show.

Why is a guy swinging a knife in the air while another guy does a break dance against the wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom