• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

You're not a true anime fan if you don't hate the industry, the fans, and yourself for watching this shit.

Haha I guess so. I can say for I fact that I hate everything so that rings true.
Take breaks from anime from time to time and just handpick the shows you want to see. It's easier to be an ambivalent fan of anime in general yet still love certain shows. It's a shady business the deeper you go so I feel you. Hope to see you post from time to time.
I don't really watch that much to be honest with you. The last time I watched something was last Saturday so its not like I'm drowning myself in content. I think that I'm just going to either have to find a community somewhere on the internet that want to talk about old garbage ass garbage shows or just cut out the posting and just watch shit whenever silently on my own accord. I think its a fools errand personally, I'm not one to take recommendations and what I watch has no rhyme or reason so people talking to me, conversing with me is akin to talking to a brick wall. I guess in that sense there's nothing to talk about as the buck stops with me. I'll just truck along with my backlog and see where it leads me. I have some somewhat interesting things to watch. Not a big deal, just rambling while watching Jeff and Dan create some SMM levels.

tl;dr: Watching anime is no fun because I'm too stubborn and only watch garbage nobody cares about so there's no point hanging about in a community.

Watch anime because you like it, not for attention.

This actually has to be one of the greatest most positive things someone has said in this thread. It's like when folks ask why people like me watch stuff that's considered garbage. Because I like it lol. Simple as that.

Javac, if what you like is more obscure stuff, power to you man. I always enjoy reading your stuff because you can actually write. I just make super short statements about what I watched and discuss with folks afterwards. You on the other hand take the time to actually craft well written reviews, and although you may not think of it, there are a lot of lurkers that may actually like the same things as you, and look at your posts as a review of sorts for their next show to watch. Don't feel like this is a job to you man. We are all in it for fun.

Man, I can't wait for tomorrow's episode of Ninja Slayer to neatly wrap up its 50 dangling plot threads into a nice bow!

...It's got no chance...That's what it's got.

AnimeGAF Podcast Episode 01

It's funny, I still think pretty much every problem you guys had about Prison School is solved in the second arc, lol

Anyway, fun for an episode 1. If there was another I would listen to/take part in it

If I reviewed anime as I do western TV shows then not only would no anime ever beat any of the top western dramas, but no comedy would ever reach the highs of western comedy. Also Arrow would be part of The List.

WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE

TO THE NEW AGE

RFAOvhN.gif

No. I can easily think of lots of comedies that are 1000% better than Big Bang Theory and, ugh, Two Broke Girls.

Phatmac

Haha I guess so. I can say for I fact that I hate everything so that rings true.

I don't really watch that much to be honest with you. The last time I watched something was last Saturday so its not like I'm drowning myself in content. I think that I'm just going to either have to find a community somewhere on the internet that want to talk about old garbage ass garbage shows or just cut out the posting and just watch shit whenever silently on my own accord. I think its a fools errand personally, I'm not one to take recommendations and what I watch has no rhyme or reason so people talking to me, conversing with me is akin to talking to a brick wall. I guess in that sense there's nothing to talk about as the buck stops with me. I'll just truck along with my backlog and see where it leads me. I have some somewhat interesting things to watch. Not a big deal, just rambling while watching Jeff and Dan create some SMM levels.

tl;dr: Watching anime is no fun because I'm too stubborn and only watch garbage nobody cares about so there's no point hanging about in a community.
Well whatever works for you is fine. I mostly watch backlog anime so I get that feeling. There's tons of garbage anime talk on here so it isn't too focused on the latest new anime me. Anyway I'm really enjoying the giant bomb makes Mario maker videos. Dan is a dick lol

Sterok

Murder Princess 2-6

That was kind of disappointing. It never really made good use of the premise. Or really resolved anything besides taking care of one of the bad guys. They didn't even finish the body switching stuff one way or the other. Dominikov and the robot girls were cool at least. And Alita/Milano is one of the weirder cases of yuri seeing how they're in each other's body. Overall, so okay it's average describes this best.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh right, isn't that the anime with Asano designs?

Will watch for Asano alone.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It says it's the first episode,haha.
Go read the manga for the rest? ;p

Having Kurt and CrazyCanuck on as well could be fun but if they don't want to then they don't want to.

No rush,haha.
lol I wouldn't mind having people just come on the other podcast if they want to.

Extra credit to Geneijin for stepping up and putting in the effort to record and edit the podcast, making a globe-spanning Skype call actually listenable.

I have no idea when or if another episode is going to be produced.
Yeah, he was fretting about editing and quality, but I think it's just nice for it to be put out there for his sake.

Mofu turned its back on ME.
Mofu is always constant!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I personally thought that show was junk tier in the last three seasons. I found the first 5 seasons in general to be pretty solid.
I thought 1 and 2 were pure trash though. Kim and the cougar... why...

Get rid of male MC pls
Just watch Strawberry Night instead:
5YtasuQ.jpg

Woah. It actually happened. :eek:
Indeed. lol
I guess speaking of "vets", if you were around long enough to hear about this animegaf podcast project, you're probably a vet. :p

ibyea

Banned
I'm finding myself becoming increasingly alienated and distant from the world of anime and the whole fandom that surrounds it as time goes on. Felt that way for a long time but the start of the new season might have exacerbated it further. It's gotten to the point where I resent most of the industry but maybe that's par for the course and comes with the territory. I'll see how it goes but I doubt that I'll post much anymore, not like I was active anyways. I have a few shows to watch I guess.

I don't blame you. And hey, nothing wrong with taking a break from it!

ibyea

Banned
Putting my prayers in tonight for this to be good tomorrow:

Two good mystery shows during the week, Noragami and a fuck ton of other good stuff on the weekends. That'd be a good season.

I am actually looking forward to this one. It is the one show I will afford myself to watch in my current school semester.

I am actually looking forward to this one. It is the one show I will afford myself to watch in my current school semester.

I know nothing about it outside of the brief synopsis on MAL, but for some reason I have really high hopes for it. When I was browsing through the list of stuff for this season in the Summer this stood out.

Cornbread78

Hatsukoi Limited ep.4-6
Yeah know, I kinda dig the tone and themes of this anime. The scenerios and actions are fun to watch and the emotions are realistic. I'm surprised how much I'm liking it as a school time romance/comedy since it is pretty tame, but they make the episodic approach really work for all the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom