• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

24 with akio ohtsuka voicing jack bauer

let's go full circle

We're not doing it season by season. Season 5 dragging down the average.
there should be a season 5 supercut that removes all scenes that have nothing to do with marlo stanfield, because everything surrounding him is the best of season 5

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Glad to see theres an official animegaf podcast now as opposed to the bootleg one that existed before. Looking forward to listening to it later tonight

Want a call-in number so I can leave some messages!

Is it like EVOL?

Earth Maiden Arjuna?

It's...not your typical anime in any stretch of the word.

It's a piece that almost tells a story second to the political narrative it wants to tell.

I've never watched it, but people seem to really hate it.

So, in that regard, despite the problems with EVOL, it's not like it. EVOL was at least decent.

Narag

Glad to see theres an official animegaf podcast now as opposed to the bootleg one that existed before. Looking forward to listening to it later tonight

Want a call-in number so I can leave some messages!

firehawk can art bell it up and talk about conspiracy theories concerning manglobe's bankruptcy

Yeah, this was a one off (or maybe not a one off, I don't know anymore lol) that we just randomly got together to do one night and Jex took on the hosting duties. I asked the host of my other show to host it for us because it's better than sticking it up on a fileshare site!

(I also need to PM you lol)

I think TV is TV is TV, so I don't apologize for anime just because it's animated or Japanese. That said, I think Hyouka is top tier television regardless... and if more people watched Yamato 2199, they would stop thinking that BSG was a good show.

Why is a guy swinging a knife in the air while another guy does a break dance against the wall?

Arrow gives NO fucks
N9irls0.gif

Also for some reason can't see images. Jesus. Time to jump to Chrome.

I have no problems with judging live action productions against animated productions and vice versa, as long as people keep in mind that each approach has its own advantages and disadvantages. Animation offers a lot of unique artistic possibilities that are difficult or impossible to replicate in live action - and while there's plenty of animation that doesn't take advantage of those possibilities, those that do can be really special. So I'd hate to see someone dismiss a piece of animation because it's not realistic enough or doesn't mimic live-action enough.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
where do I e mail my bad questions to for the podcast

Brad won't read mine, but someone has to
"If you were stuck on a desert island with one kugiloli character, would you rather it be Taiga or Kagura?"

Laugh now but watch a Hollywood version of SamFlam turn up with him attached.

"I had no idea this was an anime at first."
There are no original ideas!

The Last Ship-tier.
Aka Black Lagoon/Jormungand tier.

Sakurako-san 01

Pretty damn solid. The visuals were great, tons of colour in what you would think is a rather morbid show, I mean the main heroine likes bones ahaha. The mystery was dealt with pretty nicely, it wasn't a big case or anything, but her points all made sense. Lastly I am curious to know what the relationship between these two is. The guy said it wasn't exactly a friendship, nor is it a romance... Is he working for her as an assistant? Is he family? But then again he wouldn't address her that formally. Anyway, I liked it. Gonna keep watching.

Kugimiya is still doing things, right?

Sure. Here's her roles from this year:

Aria the Scarlet Ammo AA, Aria H. Kanzaki
Blood Blockade Battlefront, White, Black
Gintama', Kagura
K: Return of Kings, Sukuna Gojō
Noragami Aragato, Nora
Punchline, Meika Taihatsu
Sore ga Seiyuu!, herself
Tokyo Ghoul √A, Jūzō Suzuya
World Trigger, Kirie Konami
World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman, Arlene Highbury
Yurikuma Arashi, Milne

Jarmel

Banned
I have to see Kekkai Sensen 12 to see if White gets blacked out but if she's still alive then she's the heroine for one of the most successful IPs this year.

Line_HTX

Sure. Here's her roles from this year:

Damnit, I stopped halfway at Yuri Bear cuz Spring shows came up. I've forgotten everything. I'll have to start over properly.

Punchline is terrible. First time I was angry at noitaminA and MAPPA.

I'll get to Aria sequel soon enough.

White and Black? I haven't finished that one either. I know she's at the hospital.

Jarmel

Banned
Castle of Cagliostro
I've so far strayed away from watching anything Lupin, both because it's oldddd and old shows are baaaad but also cause everything I've heard and seen of it didn't seem like my particular brand of coffee. And well, judging by this movie, I wasn't very off. Bashing the simplistic "save the princess" plot probably isn't very warranted, given that this is precisely what the movie was going for but neither it nor Lupin's goofy escapades did anything for me. It was mentioned here that this is Lupin at his most noble so I'll be looking forward to the different and as I understand it, more traditional interpretation of the character in the current TV series.

I recently saw the film in the past week and I think this is close to my stance on it too.

I'm about to watch Crisis In Tokyo next.

javac

I'm finding myself becoming increasingly alienated and distant from the world of anime and the whole fandom that surrounds it as time goes on. Felt that way for a long time but the start of the new season might have exacerbated it further. It's gotten to the point where I resent most of the industry but maybe that's par for the course and comes with the territory. I'll see how it goes but I doubt that I'll post much anymore, not like I was active anyways. I have a few shows to watch I guess.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm finding myself becoming increasingly alienated and distant from the world of anime and the whole fandom that surrounds it as time goes on. Felt that way for a long time but the start of the new season might have exacerbated it further. It's gotten to the point where I resent most of the industry but maybe that's par for the course and comes with the territory. I'll see how it goes but I doubt that I'll post much anymore, not like I was active anyways. I have a few shows to watch I guess.

You're not a true anime fan if you don't hate the industry, the fans, and yourself for watching this shit.

Phatmac

Take breaks from anime from time to time and just handpick the shows you want to see. It's easier to be an ambivalent fan of anime in general yet still love certain shows. It's a shady business the deeper you go so I feel you. Hope to see you post from time to time.

Nafe

Yeah, this was a one off (or maybe not a one off, I don't know anymore lol) that we just randomly got together to do one night and Jex took on the hosting duties. I asked the host of my other show to host it for us because it's better than sticking it up on a fileshare site!

It says it's the first episode,haha.
Go read the manga for the rest? ;p

Having Kurt and CrazyCanuck on as well could be fun but if they don't want to then they don't want to.

firehawk12 said:
(I also need to PM you lol)

No rush,haha.

Cornbread78

Saurako ep.1
Ok, pretty good intro episode. It will be interesting to see how those two play off of one another thoughout the season, but the mystery and comedy were both pretty good so far.

Hello. :)
How's Zach doing?
Find any good Mofu to your liking this season? Haha.
Things are good, as is mofu show of the season Utawarerumono which has saved all the other mediocre 2015 mofu shows in one episode. Plus there might be an Aruru (or Aruru lookalike???) in it which means another Miyukichi this season!

sonicmj1

Also, I guess random AnimeGAF podcast plug here: http://thatothersquadcast.podomatic.com/entry/2015-10-07T12_01_07-07_00
Featuring Jexhius, Bob_Coffee, sonicmj1, Geneijin (and some asshole named firehawk12 I guess) with timely discussion of Prison School and Night on the Galactic Railroad.

It took like 3 years or whatever, but it finally happened. So we can close the book on that chapter. lol

Extra credit to Geneijin for stepping up and putting in the effort to record and edit the podcast, making a globe-spanning Skype call actually listenable.

I have no idea when or if another episode is going to be produced.

Blood Blockade Battlefront 12

Well there it is after so long. It was pretty cool, looked great, sounded great and I guess where they left things off they can definitely still do a second season. Plot wise a few things went waaay over my head so I may have to look stuff up online. Overall, I liked the ending. I just wish we had gotten it sooner.

Nafe

Things are good, as is mofu show of the season Utawarerumono which has saved all the other mediocre 2015 mofu shows in one episode. Plus there might be an Aruru (or Aruru lookalike???) in it which means another Miyukichi this season!

That's good.
Off the top of my head I don't recall what shows I've seen this year that had mofu,haha.
I haven't seen Utawarerumono yet either.

How about the HD re-release of Odin Sphere? More Miyukichi there too. :)

Extra credit to Geneijin for stepping up and putting in the effort to record and edit the podcast, making a globe-spanning Skype call actually listenable.

I have no idea when or if another episode is going to be produced.

Only listening to the first few minutes so far I didn't realize. Kudos to Geneijin then.

Mofu turned its back on ME.

I was under the impression you preferred when it did.

I was going to say the same thing,haha.

Line_HTX

Only when I was given Dog Days 3s and Kokkuri-sans and not Strike Witches and Underwater Ray Romanos!

Yes!

Well, at least you also like Miyukichi.

Best chars off the top of my head is Female Knight, Seo, and Cammy.

Love watching tournaments where the SF setup is in JP and there's a Cammy player. Her voice is already better in SFV.

That's good.
Off the top of my head I don't recall what shows I've seen this year that had mofu,haha.
I haven't seen Utawarerumono yet either.

How about the HD re-release of Odin Sphere? More Miyukichi there too. :)
Utawarerumono 2 had a good first episode, and has given me hope for the future of animal girls.
Odin Sphere is one of my favorite games so yes, it's going to be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom