• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
I watched a bit of Sakurako yesterday, and I really gotta bring something up.

What is it with anime and female characters constantly being a dick to male MCs? Like, I don't just see this with harems and tsunderes. Whenever there's a group of males and females in an anime, one of those females is almost always acting like a jerk to one of the males!

I understand that this sort of thing is meant to be a kind of turn-on for Japanese anime fans, but my problem is that it's everywhere.

What's really infuriating is that the shows that involve all-female casts where men are all background characters are typically comforting, cute, relaxing little shows. With enjoyable characters that have personalities that work off each other.

But whenever a show has one or two male characters amongst a cast of females, everything becomes loud, obnoxious, and unpleasant. Because one of those males is always meant to be a target for one of the female characters verbal and/or physical abuse.

Honestly, I'm really sick of this. I'd love to see a modern anime whose main characters are a male and female duo who aren't at each others throats, and are actually good friends. I'm glad I've got this sort of thing in Hyouka but that's not enough darn it!

PA Works has an upcoming anime in January called Haruchika that has a male and female duo as the leads. Like Hyouka, it's based off a regular novel as opposed to light novel. If anyone here has read those novels, feel free to spoil me on what goes on regarding the two main characters. I want to know what goes on beforehand so I don't end up being disappointed with an obnoxious duo like in Sakurako.

Damn.

I get what you're saying, but Sakurako didn't come off that way to me. Seems like she's more just oblivious and cares more about bones than anything else in the world (isn't that the whole premise, after all).

A far cry from most anime where they're just mean because they can't admit their true feelings about the male MC. At the very least, it doesn't seem like she's going to fall in love with the dude. She's already got a fiancee, and there's a huge age gap.

...pleasedon'tfallinlovepleasedon'tfallinlovepleasedon'tfallinlove...

Anyway, unrelated, I liked the first episode.

Mendrox

So what is good this season?

Already got my list:

Haikyuu 2nd
One Punch Man

I would love to have two other good series and two trainwrecks, any recommendations from this season? I didn't follow quiet through all these posts so I need help guys.

javac

28/09/2015 – 04/10/2015 Anime BD/DVD

qMnZHo8.jpg
Further breakdowns here: http://www.someanithing.com/3885

-----
Amazon Ranking Stalker
***,**2位/***,**3位 (**3,788 pt) [*,*12予約] Owarimonogatari (LE)
***,*15位/***,*15位 (**1,480 pt) [*,**5予約] Owarimonogatari
***,*49位/***,*48位 (***,619 pt) [*,**2予約] Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans
***,106位/***,116位 (**1,607 pt) [*,**9予約] Fafner Exodus 2

***,*136位/***,*128位 ◎ (***,149 pt) [*,**0予約] Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen
***,141位/***,135位 (---,--- pt) [*,**0予約] Sakurako-san
***,225位/***,204位 (***,258 pt) [*,**0予約] Haikyuu 2
***,332位/***,395位 (***,*81 pt) [*,**0予約] Yuru Yuri 3
***,530位/***,478位 (***,*57 pt) [*,**1予約] Teekyuu 6

***,633位/***, 694位 (***,630 pt) [*,**1予約] Shinmai Maou 2
***,671位/***,620位 (***,189 pt) [*,**4予約] Lupin the 3rd
***,722位/***,831位 (***,369 pt) [*,**0予約] K RETURN OF KINGS
***,843位/***,1,010位 ○ (***, * 33 pt) [*,**0予約] Osomatsu-san
**1,066位/***,1,335位 (***,*90 pt) [*,**0予約] Hidan no Aria AA

***,1,202位/***,1,128位 (***,143 pt) [*,**0予約] VALKYRIE DRIVE - MERMAID
**1,218位/**1,148 位 (***,*78 pt) [*,**0予約] One Punch Man
**1,623位/**2,342位 (***,*79 pt) [*,**0予約] Rakudai Kishi
**1,930位/***,1,826位 ○ (***,113 pt) [*,**0予約] Noragami Aragato
**2,239位/2,029位 (---,--- pt) [*,**0予約] Syomin
**2,391位/**2,205位 (***,*38 pt) [*,**0予約] Concrete Revolutio
**2,522位/**2,392位 ○ (***,*33 pt) [*,**0予約] Star-mu

**3,276位/**3,100位 (***,*52 pt) [*,**0予約] Shingeki Chuggakou
**3,394位/**3,168位 ○ (***,*75 pt) [*,**1予約] DIABOLIK LOVERS MOREBLOOD
**3,657位/**11,482位 (***,*23 pt) [*,**0予約] Dance with Devils
**4,730位/**4,430位 (***,*57 pt) [*,**0予約] Asterisk
**5,739位/**5,244位 (***,*32 pt) [*,**0予約] 35th Anti-Magic Platoon
**9,795位/**9,205位 (***,*16 pt) [*,**0予約] Comet Lucifer
*41,824位/**41,287位 (***,*7 pt) [*,**0予約] Lances n' Masques

Phatmac

Damn.

I get what you're saying, but Sakurako didn't come off that way to me. Seems like she's more just oblivious and cares more about bones than anything else in the world (isn't that the whole premise, after all).

A far cry from most anime where they're just mean because they can't admit their true feelings about the male MC. At the very least, it doesn't seem like she's going to fall in love with the dude. She's already got a fiancee, and there's a huge age gap.

I've read that there is little to no romance as it's mainly just a detective story. If nothing else the male mc will probably fall in love with the girl at his school.

This season is the first one in a while in which I think I won't be watching many shows.

My list so far:
Owarimonogatari
OPM
Gundam
Yuru Yuri S3(first ep was boring but I'm still in)

Illya 2wei Hertz Special 1

BivhUe6.png

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

28/09/2015 – 04/10/2015 Anime BD/DVD

Further breakdowns here: http://www.someanithing.com/3885

-----
Amazon Ranking Stalker

I had no idea that Symphogear was doing THAT well.

Season 4 when?

pbayne

Im surprised to see that high school AoT spin-off selling so poorly. Hopefully it makes those guys pump the brakes a bit and think "hmm maybe if we make too many spin-offs people will get tired of this", because surly its only a matter of time until the before the fall manga gets adapted too.

Dat Love Live dominance though

Ninja Slayer 26

A more complete and enjoyable revenge story than MGS5.

I won't lie. The fight was pretty hype.

And dat delicious troll.

Hanamonogatari was a bit boring, yeah.

Well, I'm not sure. I don't think Kanbaru works as the protag (she is great when paired with pretty much anyone else) and it spends a lot of its runtime on a completely new character that will probably only matter in just Hana talking for about 30 minutes but it still feels like there was a lot of good stuff there. Maybe if it wasn't movie length and split up into 5 episodes more then not at all.

I watched a bit of Sakurako yesterday, and I really gotta bring something up.

What is it with anime and female characters constantly being a dick to male MCs? Like, I don't just see this with harems and tsunderes. Whenever there's a group of males and females in an anime, one of those females is almost always acting like a jerk to one of the males!

I understand that this sort of thing is meant to be a kind of turn-on for Japanese anime fans, but my problem is that it's everywhere.

What's really infuriating is that the shows that involve all-female casts where men are all background characters are typically comforting, cute, relaxing little shows. With enjoyable characters that have personalities that work off each other.

But whenever a show has one or two male characters amongst a cast of females, everything becomes loud, obnoxious, and unpleasant. Because one of those males is always meant to be a target for one of the female characters verbal and/or physical abuse.

Honestly, I'm really sick of this. I'd love to see a modern anime whose main characters are a male and female duo who aren't at each others throats, and are actually good friends. I'm glad I've got this sort of thing in Hyouka but that's not enough darn it!

PA Works has an upcoming anime in January called Haruchika that has a male and female duo as the leads. Like Hyouka, it's based off a regular novel as opposed to light novel. If anyone here has read those novels, feel free to spoil me on what goes on regarding the two main characters. I want to know what goes on beforehand so I don't end up being disappointed with an obnoxious duo like in Sakurako.

Well, Sakurako is a regular novel.(don't trust English wiki, that's wrong)
Though don't expect "good mystery", the novel isn't focus on that.
And no way it will have Hyouka level(by overall quality) , unless director and script suddenly created a genius original plot lol.

Damn.

Well, they never fall in love so far in novel.

So, it's being said on twitter that apparently Funi still doesn't have Dragon Ball Super, but they are working on it....

....goddammit Toei. I hate you so much.

Defuser

Ninja Slayer ep 26 END
Finally, I'm free from this show!!!!!! Only Nancy and the constant change of ED every episode kept me going. Too bad there's alot of things unresolved.

Sölf

Pretty much, yeah. Don't know how some of you stuck with this show to the end.

You all just don't appreciate it. I personally think it's one of the best shows that aired this year. It was different from anything what I have seen so far, but god did I enjoy it. Will watch the final episode sunday in our weekly stream. I even laughed my ass off the whole time last episode. God, I love this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom