• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Monogatari Series Second Season HITAGI END
czn5YLu.png
What a ride! Certainly my favourite part until now! I was fond of Kaiki from the very first moment he appeared, but he's actually a way better character than I expected. The conversations with Senjougahara were some of the best in the show. She was trying to keep cool, but Kaiki was just better at everything. I don't think that there was one conversation of him that wasn't amusing.The best girl isn't Senjougahara but Kaiki...
Why did he die? :( The saddest moment in the show.

The way they resolved the Nadeko incident was also quite unexpected. I was afraid all the time that he'd actually fail and, well, he did fail but he actually managed to talk with her about it. Nadeko's reactions after he revealed he knew about her hobby were so good. A very critical moment that was made both funny and emotional. I'm really pleased with the outcome. And it seems that Nadeko is done as a character, good ending. Another thing of notice is how useless Araragi was. His screen time was really diminished in S2 but in this and Nadeko Medusa he was completely useless. Actually, he's part of the problem. I find it quite amusing that he's not actually the perfect main character you usually see.

Finally, Ougi and Gaen are two characters that really intrigue me. Both of them seem to be powerful, one of them seems to be the source of everything bad, the other of everything good. Also, Ougi is portrayed as friendly and good when she's talking, even though she's manipulating everyone, while on the other hand, Gaen seems bad, while she essentially helps everyone. Quite a nice contrast. I don't think that this is just a coincidence.

I think I should be done with the series tomorrow. Looking forward to catching up with the rest of you.

Oh, and after this and the previous arc, Yotsugi has really grown to me. Yeah, Peace Peace.
I said with a posed look.

Also, it's nice to see I'm not the only one in Monogatari mood. :D

John Blade

Just finish watching blue Seed. Not a bad show I will say but could be better mostly in the beginning. Will post an impression later.

Phatmac

Any positive thoughts of Perfect Insider on here? Thinking about watching it but impressions on here have dampened that thought.

JulianImp

The best girl isn't Senjougahara but Kaiki...

And another one sees the light. You may now join us in our crusade to getting decent figures of him released someday.

Kaiki's character was awesome in that he looked like the most generic card-carrying villain at first glance, but was given enough screentime to show that his character is a perfect representation of his belief that an impostor, in an attempt to pass off as the genuine article, works even harder than the latter to appeal to others and become real in the eyes of other people. The cool part is that, while he's really mysterious, he sometimes drops subtle hints for the characters or the audience of his real intentions, and even then he isn't a generic good samaritan that pretends to be evil, but a complex being that is both greedy and selfless, depending on the subject at hand.

I never expected to like Yotsugi, but I agree that Tsuki was great for her while also further developing Araragi's character a fair bit.

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai - 01

Bunny outfit ass shot, I guess I can deal with that. Obnoxious blondie, eh I'll manage. Ah, the classic fall-with-hand-on-boob, sure why not.
Wait, is that a katana MC have on him? Why is he reaching for it when those bad guys have firear- noooooooooooo!

PQRDCDI.gif

That aside, I think the setting and premise makes this one stand out more than the other LN stuff we have this season.
The cast being inquisitors and hunting down witches and "blacklisted/dangerous magic" (that summoned a mecha?) is something I probably would've liked to see in another show that isn't this.
It also featured some dark tones which helps to distinguish it from the other LN shows. And I kinda liked the little glimpse of tactical operations it had going on, even though it wasn't very successful, but hey at least they tried.

Ascheroth

AntiMagic Academy 35th Test Platoon - 01

I figured watching 2 magic battle school LN adaptions a season wasn't enough, so I started the 3rd one.

While this was definitely different from Asterisk and Chivalry in setting and tone, it also feels like the weakest of them presentationwise.
I think my main problem was with the pacing, which felt pretty off somehow and, coupled with the unfitting soundtrack, led to most scenes lacking any sort of tension. Everything just... happens, and I'm like "Yeah, okay. ...Oh sorry, was that supposed to be exciting?"
The default LN fanservice is starting to really piss me off, too..

The LNs are a huge ocean of despair that only gets deeper and deeper with every volume, so I might just watch it to see that animated, but so far this adaption feels really lackluster and I'll probably just skim through it to watch some select scenes here and there.

Russ T

Banned
Can't wait to watch first episode of The Perfect Insider so I can see for myself if these cries of "pretentious dialogue!" are because it's actually pretentious, or if it's a case of people using the word to describe something they don't want to really try to understand.

Given that it's anime, I'm leaning toward the former. :D

But then I've seen the latter happen a lot with anime, so, who knows! I could definitely see someone - someone WRONG! - describing Your Lie in April as pretentious, where I'd describe it as poetic.

Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider - 01

That bach, I feel like I should re-watch Hyouka. There was a lot of dialogue in this, yet I never found myself bored, so I did find it interesting enough.
I like the character designs, and that the cast is a bit older than the typical shows. Not much mystery as the genre tag suggests as of yet, but I look forward to see more.

The Perfect Insider 01

Starring Vincent from Catherine
bsjEB0y.jpg

It's a start. It wasn't boring, it wasn't exciting. It's setting up the anime but hasn't done much besides tell you "the anime will be going somewhere". It's like somebody forgot to tell them that unlike a novel the pilot of a show must have an oomph to it to hook viewers. I enjoyed it but I can't possibly judge the show based off this episode.

All there was this episode was moe being super jelly and flirty with sensei and for some reason the show deciding to be vague about the female character that appeared out of nowhere and what her relationship is. Is the mystery going to be
if sensei is dating her?
lol

Sakurako-san - 01

Yikes, just bad. The painfully bland MC and his relationship to the Bones wanna-be prof is enough to toss it into the trash. Maybe some of the ideas could've been interesting, but then ideas are dime in a dozen, good execution thereof a rarity.

Erigu

[Monogatari series]
Ougi's first appearance in Mono S2 is in ep 07 where Araragi already knows her. So this happens during or immediately after Hanekawa's Mono S2 arc.
Nope, her appearances in Mayoi Jiangshi and Shinobu Time take place months after the main events of those stories.

March 25 - April 7: Koyomi Vamp (Kizumonogatari)
April 29 - May 7: Tsubasa Family (Nekomonogatari (Kuro))
May 8: Hitagi Crab (Bakemonogatari)
May 14: Mayoi Maimai (Bakemonogatari)
May 26 - 27: Suruga Monkey (Bakemonogatari)
June 11 - 12: Nadeko Snake (Bakemonogatari)
June 13 - 14: Tsubasa Cat (Bakemonogatari)
July 29 - 30: Karen Bee (Nisemonogatari)
August 14: Tsukihi Phoenix (Nisemonogatari)
August 20 - 21: Mayoi Jiangshi (Kabukimonogatari)
August 21 - 24: Tsubasa Tiger (Nekomonogatari (Shiro))
August 21 - 23: Shinobu Time (Onimonogatari)
October 24: Ōgi Formula (Owarimonogatari)
October 31 - November 2: Nadeko Medusa (Otorimonogatari)
January 1 - February 1: Hitagi End (Koimonogatari)
February 13: Yotsugi Doll (Tsukimonogatari)
April 9 - 20: Suruga Devil (Hanamonogatari)

As long as we're vaguely referencing Catherine, I feel compelled to mention something regarding its endings...

The best ending for Vincent is the one where he fucks off into space, and probably becomes a Gundam Pilot.

Katherine was a manipulative witch, who literally lied about having a baby to see his reaction, and the other ending is basically Vincent becoming a Satan like figure.

Cornbread78

Concrete Revolution ep.1
I'm still not sure what I just watched,but it was pretty colorful. The story was all loopy, weird and didn't make any sense at all... This is like a fall version of Punchline without all the panties.

Russ T

Banned
Aw, but I want to talk about X2.

Why not? It's fantastic.

People don't like to follow a million different characters each with a million different plot threads all intertwining like WHAAAAAAAAATT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGGGG

I do, though! I fucking love Durarara.

The Perfect Insider 01

That OP is pretty cool. Same with ED.

I kinda liked this, I love Asano's designs. I'm not sure if I will stick with this though, left me only half intrigued.

Doamaiger D 01

The day has finally come???

was ok

So it's a Trigger show?

I don't even know why this was made. I can't say the same for anything else Trigger has made but I didn't watch Inou battle or whatever that was called.

Not even Nancy or whoever?
[/IMG]

You can just google pictures of her ass and save yourself the time.

I take back what I said.

Kaiki is the best girl, waifu, husbando, apparation, human being....THE BEST EVERYTHING.

Guys I need help

I keep watching the One Punch Man OP in youtube.

I haven't done this shit since the best HxH ED

I have the same problem with Young Black Jack's Opening. It's so godamn catchy.

🎶I Am Just Feeeeling Aliiive!🎶 Helicopter shooting people.

It gets me every time. Engrish and 90s boy band music with War is the best combination.

However Blood Blockade Battlefront has the best Ending for this entire year, plus the song is great.

Doamayger D - 1

Glorious, glorious, GLORIOUS!

Please, my good companions of AnimeGAF, check this show out! It's a short anime, and I know you people love shorts.

I don't know why we didn't get this while it was airing last Spring, but It's finally here.

Bon appetit!

Sölf

Just reposting my personal challenge, maybe some of you want to give it a try. :0

Sölf;181047426 said:
Oh, hey there, AnimeGAF. Didn't see you there. I heard you like playing games, yeah? Yeah! That's great! So let's play a little game:

- The following file contains 50 songs from different shows. I want to know the following: Name of the Show and what it is (Opening, Ending or Backgrounds (Insert songs are considered Background) (and if you are bored, Name of the Song (if available)).
- Music may be from TV Shows, OVAs or Movies.
- Lengths varies between ~15-30 seconds, most are ~20-25 seconds long.
- It's not guaranteed that OPs and EDs are the TV version, they could be taken from a part from the full length song.
- Each Show only has one song, however, each franchise and season can have one. For example, K-On!, K-On!! and K-On! The Movie could all appear, but each one only once.
- If a song appears in in multiple shows, for example Fuwa Fuwa Time which appears in K-On! S1 and the movie, I want to know the name of the show where it first appeared (which would be S1 in this example).
- You are allowed a maximum of 3 errors: 1-3 wrong/missing Names and/or 1-3 wrong/missing labeled OP/ED/Background.

You have until Sunday noon, GMT+1 (which is in roughly 58 hours).

If you get everything right, you may choose an avatar I have to wear for one month.

Finally, the download. You may want to make a list with timestamps.
http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-18952/soelfs_challenge_v2.mp3

Oh, and googleing is for noobs. :mad:
(At least if you just reverse google th lyrics)

And a few more answers:
You can work together. This can happen openly, I just want a final list at the end.

I have the same problem with Young Black Jack's Opening. It's so godamn catchy.

🎶I Am Just Feeeeling Aliiive!🎶 Helicopter shooting people.

It gets me every time. Engrish and 90s boy band music with War is the best combination.

helicopter destroying flowers in what is like symbolism 101 college course lol

Zephyx

Hyouka 1-7

Well, I started this series because I want to remove something from my watch list. The mystery solving part seems easy since I was able to somewhat guess how Oreki will present his theories and solve how the mystery occurred.

I'm pretty okay with the story so far and I'm planning to continue but what should I expect? Will there be a huge character development before the series ends? I think there are romantic undertones here and there but I think it won't be explored as it seems to be more of a SoL genre instead of romance.

Also, to note, the art and the animation is really good. Pretty impressed with what I've seen so far.

The Perfect Insider 01

FINALLY. After talking and talking about this show and how hyped I was for it, the day finally came that it dropped and I watched it. My opinions? We had heard the OP before but dang if this isn't a good OP. Got that funky vibe going, really like it. Also the background music was top notch and reminded me of Hyouka a lot. I like that this is set in college too. As a college student, what most people here are saying sounds annoying and whatnot, I could totally see a professor being like this guy lol. We didn't have much going on, but I found the setup up to be quite interesting. I like the character designs too. So did I enjoy it? Yup. I did quite a lot. Will continue watching.

Taimadou Gakuen 01

Ehhhh nope, not feeling this one. I've got two of these kinds of show on the weekend and I liked their premise better. Dumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom