• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it's being said on twitter that apparently Funi still doesn't have Dragon Ball Super, but they are working on it....

....goddammit Toei. I hate you so much.

I thought most dragonball fans care more for a dub than a sub and it being highly unlikely funi could have theoretically been able to broadcast dub a show that will be as long as super.

Cornbread78

Does anyone know how to make this 400 wide without distorting the image completely?

YBnFwUz.gif

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon Episode 1 – Move Out! Small Fry Platoon!
CQ0EaeQWsAAYZba.png
CQ0EwPCWIAAQW-4.png

Pretty epic episode one. I hope its more about the sword and magic and him doing realy cool lines and poses. It was way better than obligatory onii-chan bunny girl fall on girl while gripping her bewbies type of activities.

Perfect Insider 01

That was boring. A bunch of philosophy talk that flew over my head.

At least the OP and ED were very cool. Will give it the 3 episode rule to see if the eventual mystery is interesting.

petran79

Banned
Ninja Slayer 26 END

Bad fucking show. Do not watch, only question why I did.

Regarding the scenario it was very good and one of the best Ninja shows I've seen. I really liked the whole setting and the characters. Leaps above Inferno Cop and the actual animation sequences were high quality. Adding parody moments in supposedly serious shows makes it even more effective.

I hope for a second season with better animation and more length this time that will cover the novels.

phaze

Mushishi 23-24 Suzu no Shizuku

Ehhh didn't feel this one very much, mediocre as far as Mushishi eps go. It has some nice callbacks to the first few eps and a small ending + a send off for Ginko but outside of that, I think I would have preferred the tree episode to be the last one.

Am I supposed to think
that the long present narrator was the girl from this ep ? Their voices kind of merged at the end.

Lupin III (2015) 01

I liked it well enough. Well animated, fast paced and very energetic And I really dig the artstyle. Not sure what else is there to the series other than 12 more heists and whether they will be varied enough to maintain my interest but I'm in for 3 eps at least.

Line_HTX

Ninja Slayer 26 END

Bad fucking show. Do not watch, only question why I did.

Not even Nancy or whoever?

How much did Subaru pay for you this?

Sounds like a free Impreza for shameless promotion, lol

Man there is a lot of Trigger hate in this anime gaf community.

Fair enough, I suppose.

It's mostly the overhype and undeserved levels of high praise. I'll get into that later after I watch episode 25 of KLK.

Who are you?

image.php

Someone who should've expanded my exploration from Toonami a long time ago. I wanted to post here since the beginning of the year, but I didn't know where to start and these threads were going way too fast for me. I've decided to suck it up and just post for fun. Catching up with this thread is too difficult.

As if she would need a fancy high tech table.

You never know... it could help her analyze fossils and skeletons better. :p

I prefer Bach organs, but cello is fine too.

The Perfect Insider Episode 1 – Chapter One: White Meeting

Good start. We need more anime set in college with college age characters. Though their designs are lacking they are all pretty interesting and human. Curious for the Dr. Magata plot.

The Perfect Insider 01

Heh, with that Bach Cello Suite at the start this seems like a show right up Names's alley, neat.

Not really sure what to think, this show seems to be going for a less colorful artstyle compared to that Bones show, I really noticed it in that restaurant scene.

Between the main characters being a few years older than your average cast (the main girl is in his 20's right?) and a lot of the dialouge the show is at least pretending to be something wortwhile. Will have to see if they deliver on that once something acually happens.

There was also a rather silly looking CGI sportscar.

I hope for a second season with better animation and more length this time that will cover the novels.

I feel like the joke has run it's course by now, maybe it already overstayed it's welcome at the end (although the final episodes were rather good)

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So when does eyeshield 21 get good? Watched a few episodes so far and it's alright. Predictable and ok animation.

Russ T

Banned
So when does eyeshield 21 get good? Watched a few episodes so far and it's alright. Predictable and ok animation.

Eyeshield 21 was the first sports anime I ever watched. It's what made me fall in love with the genre.

It's also one of the worst I ever watched. It's fine, but there's much better stuff out there.

(There's also an uncomfortably racist arc in the middle.)

I'd say it probably gets good once they get a few more permanent team members and start actually playing games together. Did you get to monkey dude yet?

The Perfect Insider 01

Heh, with that Bach Cello Suite at the start this seems like a show right up Names's alley, neat.

Not really sure what to think, this show seems to be going for a less colorful artstyle compared to that Bones show, I really noticed it in that restaurant scene.

Between the main characters being a few years older than your average cast (the main girl is in his 20's right?) and a lot of the dialouge the show is at least pretending to be something wortwhile. Will have to see if they deliver on that once something acually happens.
Excellent. You managed to hype me up even more for this one even though impressions seem to be mixed so far. Can't wait to watch.

Excellent. You managed to hype me up even more for this one even though impressions seem to be mixed so far. Can't wait to watch.

I was only referring to the music though, don't know if you'll actually like it or not :p

The setting is nice but since nothing really happens I can't say if the show is good or not, I'm looking forward for more though.

Ascheroth

The Perfect Insider - 01

Ehhh, this didn't really grab me. Since essentially nothing was happening, it's hard to say how it will continue.
Will give it one or two more episodes, but not too interested right now.

The OP is damn good, though.

I was only referring to the music though, don't know if you'll actually like it or not :p

The setting is nice but since nothing really happens I can't say if the show is good or not, I'm looking forward for more though.
Unless something is really wrong about it, I don't think I'm gonna have any problems with it. But who knows, I've been burnt so many times by shows that I'm hyped for.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Perfect Insider Episode 1:

Yea, I am also of the camp that thought this was rather fucking boring, a lot of talking being done with little being said. Oh and I am already starting to hate Hishimono and her clingy jealous girl tenancies. I would drop this right here and now but it is hard to make anything out from this pretentious pile of shit they called a first episode.

javac

We had to remove the Arpeggio of Blue Steel TV DVD set from the releases for this month. But the good news is we are going to schedule it again and add Blu Ray! This will be our first BD/DVD combo set. New date TBD.
Discotek Media Facebook

Updated release dates:
October 27th
Lupin VS Conan TV Special DVD
Lupin VS Conan Movie DVD

November 24th
Night on the Galactic Railroad DVD
Saint Seiya the Lost Canvas DVD
Library War TV Series and special DVD
Z/X Ignition DVD

December
IGPX Complete Collection DVD
Street Fighter II the movie DVD
Space Adventure Cobra movie Blu Ray
Venus Wars Blu Ray

The Street Fighter II movie on Blu Ray is planned for early 2016 along with the Night on the Galactic Railroad Blu Ray.

Perfect Insider 01

That was boring. A bunch of philosophy talk that flew over my head.

The Perfect Insider - 01

Ehhh, this didn't really grab me. Since essentially nothing was happening, it's hard to say how it will continue.
Will give it one or two more episodes, but not too interested right now.

The Perfect Insider Episode 1:

Yea, I am also of the camp that thought this was rather fucking boring, a lot of talking being done with little being said. Oh and I am already starting to hate Hishimono and her clingy jealous girl tenancies. I would drop this right here and now but it is hard to make anything out from this pretentious pile of shit they called a first episode.

This is sounding right up my alley!

Doamayger-D 1

tumblr_n5ft9xbI381rkl487o2_250.gif

I don't know what I just watched.

A mecha beat a giant monster/man with a confectionery treat.

...Look forward to episode 2?!

phaze

Ergo Proxy Episode 4:

Still rather enjoying this program but I have certainly been warned this will change, though I change the tune whenever that is supposed to occur I guess. I suppose one reason is I actually like the color palette, or I suppose the lack of color, presented in this series. I know there are some who hate the Gears of War look, especially outside the dome, but that is the point, this is dying world supposedly and the everything that has been presented visually lends a lot of credence towards that aesthetic. Also, I am expecting some pointless navel gazing and this series has it in spades, giving us a fever dream right out of the Neon Genesis Evangelion school of of obnoxious pretentiousness. Still, the main plot still remains in focus and is still retaining cohesion for the moment, once again, I am expecting at some point for this to not be the case, but I will enjoy what I can.

lol I'll be waiting for your reaction to a certain episode.

Edit: Wait no I should say episodes.

Perfect Insider 1

I liked it. Pretty slow episode but what little of the mystery they hinted at seemed intriguing. The setting is also nice with a prof. (?) and some students. Most of the character interactions were pretty unnatural which gives the show an interesting tone. Especially the scenes involving Dr. Magara (sp?) were almost surreal.
Visually the show is very subdued with washed out colors. Aside from some iffy car CG and bland outside scenes it looked very nice. Though I don't think the characters designs translated very well into animation, they look a bit doll like (but maybe that's the point).

The Perfect Hipts... Insider 01

In summary, a bit too hipsterish with sophomoric attempts of existentialism that gives a bit of cringe because they don't feel earned, but put in your face from characters you barely know. I mean, for example it was ok with the old guy remembering what happened, in that scene it makes sense, he is reminiscing of the entire life of a person, but it doesn't feel natural with the young professor does it.

Ok

Not ok. First thing in the morning you start talking about continuity of conciousness, really?

"From where." "From this world".
Give me a break!

But attempts of philosophy aside, the character's design from Asano are good and feel unique, the series looks good (a bit muted, an interesting contrast to Bones-Sherlock), and more importantly, the mystery is intriguing and it seems the entire series will be dedicated to it, instead of spreading too thin into several arcs.

The Perfect Insider 1
I actually thought this was fine. In terms of a show having characters introspect in a room it does it much better than Owarimonogatari did. But that probably has a lot to do with the novelty of being something new.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I will say that The perfect Insider really did nail the sound of college, as in a whole bunch of obtuse verbosity being spewed forth by a first year in a ghastly attempt to sound deep and interesting without actually providing substance. So kudos to that I guess?

phaze

Owarimonogatari 01

OP is good, but probably won't be one of the ones I watch every episode.

I must say that Ougi is doing a fine job of being completely unreadable over the course of the series. I thought she was being misportrayed, then that she was simply full of malice, now I don't know. It's clear that she knows more then she should and leads people on, though. I'm thinking she may have some kind of ability having something to do with memory...everyone seems to know her but she just showed up out of the blue. I am trying to figure out when this is. After Hitagi End but before Tsukimonogatari?

Ougi's first appearance in Mono S2 is in ep 07 where Araragi already knows her. So this happens during or immediately after Hanekawa's Mono S2 arc.
MONOGATARI SERIES OVERALL THOUGHTS

Second Season > Bake > Tsuki. I'm not quite sure what to think about Nise, Neko and Hana yet.

Funny my top 3 is exactly inverse. But granted I don't remember that much from second season.

BEST ARC

Hitagi End, easily. Mayoi Jiangshi, Nadeko Medusa and Tsubasa Cat (in that order) are my runner ups.

Tsuki > Hitagi End > Suruga Monkey > Hitagi Crab
BEST GIRL

I cannot choose between Senjougahara and Hanekawa. It's impossible.

Kaiki > Senjougahara > Ougi > Ononoko > Kanbaru=Kagenui >>Oshino>> Hachikuji >> Nadeko >>>>> Hanekawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom